• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

do you think you were born trans or outside the binary genders for a reason?

Heather Shay

4 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

go back to what the XY woman said in the video. Be in your own skin. Be in the moment.

I painted this rock for a trans friend who was visiting Portland from Canada last week and I gave it to her as a present. It says basically the same thing. Be yourself. Your raison d’etre will emerge from your sense of self, your unique identity. The reason will then become apparent in hindsight. It’s impossible to predict what it will be, though you do have some control over your own destiny by the choices you make.

CE173C04-17AA-483E-B5CD-FECE658C15F2.jpeg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nora

• Aggie1

• Ivy

• KimmieElise

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure how to reply to this topic, it is a very complicated topic, but I'll give it a try.

I remember at a very early age I was not like other boys. I enjoyed hanging out with girls, felt more comfortable.

I really didn't know why. I don't think I was born transgendered for any reason, I didn't even know I was transgendered back then. I didn't even know why I loved to wear my sister's dresses.

Was I born trans for a reason:? The answer still eludes me. I don't know why I'm trans.

I do know we have a lot to offer each other, no one else understands us.

I'm not very good at social media, but out in the world I'm not the fool you see here.

What have I done for the community? I have opened doors for many. I cannot credit myself for that.

Those before me gave me the strength to do so.

Was I born this way for a reason? No, I suffered from gender dysphoria. Diagnosed and all the good stuff.

It was not until I came out, went through the battles, attended the meetings, that is when I discovered my calling.

Was I born to do this? Well now I'm thinking, might be so, might just be I never knew.

All I really know is I'm here, I'm there, I'm every where, why? Just because I guess.

Oh, I do hope I'm on topic. I'm still shy here, as I said I'm not good at social medias but out in real time, physical face to face,

seeing the smiles, talking, feeling the voices and seeing the tears, and I can't believe I'm really a part of it. 

LM❤️

I to started really young, around 8. I dont know if your old enough to remember but I remember reading about the first SRS in 1956. while  I didn't completly understand what I read it stuck with me. around10 or 11 or so I used to dream and fantasize about having srs. started trying on my mothers cloths.later on after I fot married those feelings came back-and would try on my wife's cloths from time to time. once i was in my late 40's it really hit me thats what I wanted and started hrt. the longer I was on it the more that's what I wanted,12years. now with decent breasts my dysphoria consumes me and has caused a depression.age and health reasons are the only thingstopping me from doing it. I definitely think it is in the genes and your brains makeup

16 hours ago, Nora said:

Not so much brains in vats so much as a simulated reality, and I suspect the simulators of this Universe are themselves ALSO simulations. It probably goes on like that for billions if not trillions of simulations.

The closer we get to creating a simulated universe, the higher the chances are that we're already in one. No Man's Sky, for example, is a video game with thousands and thousands of planets in a simulated universe; it's such a massive game that it would take one human player hundreds of years to explore every planet, (so if you're a completionist when it comes to gaming, don't buy it; it's physically impossible to explore everything in it lol.)

Now let's say we make some more updates to No Man's Sky in the future, making it better and better to the point that in 20 or 30 years, with the advent of mainstream quantum computers, we make the simulated universe of No Man's Sky indistinguishable from "reality". Then statistically speaking, the chance that we AREN'T already in a simulation is billions to one. It's like looking at a wall full of universes, all except for one are fake, then closing your eyes, and throwing a dart at the wall. What are the odds that the dart hits the REAL "base reality" and not a fake simulation? To think we're in reality right now is kinda like the height of human arrogance lol. 

I'm not even a REAL BRAIN; there is no vat. We're likely just tiny strings of code in a planet sized computer floating through what is probably a dying and inhospitable universe, with any potential "creators" having long since died of old age. Or we're in a prison. Those are my two main theories anyway: Time Capsule or Prison lol. 

But yep...at the end of the day, nothing really matters because we'll only ever be able to imagine what "real" is, and our imaginations probably don't have enough bandwidth to comprehend the notion lol.

This is a fascinating notion, but seems to rely too much on speculation for my likes.  I would have to ask, why bother with the simulation?  It seems all the simulations are inherently flawed.  I think if i were to create a simulation I would create one sans the suffering a madness which goes with this one.  If can create a simulation, ought not one control the variables in such a way as to prevent suffering and grief.  Unless, the suffering and grief serve a purpose on some level, there is no viable reason to include it.

23 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

With all due respect, I wish to offer a perspective regarding these comments you may not have considered. Please note that comments which imply that ciswomen or any person with female reproductive organs are somehow of less value, or that women who do not are of greater value by virtue of perceived sexual availability may be construed as microaggressive. I hope you will not be alarmed or upset by my bringing this to light - it is not my intention to judge you or accuse you. On the contrary, I hope that by sharing this perspective which may not have occurred to you that we can together aspire to a firmer commitment to maintaining this forum as a safe space for us all. I understand that you have expressed these comments in the context of sharing about your personal experience, desires and preferences. But, I ask you kindly to please be mindful to avoid crossing a line into making general assertions of this nature. Thank you sincerely for considering this perspective. 

I think you are putting words in my mouth. Less value? Females with reproductive organs are able to give birth to other people. I'd say that's very valuable.

Unsafe: There are to booths you can go to. One that offers comforting lies and the other that offers uncomfortable truth.  And again, I am not saying that one is better than the other. It's comparing apples to oranges. My personal preference may be a trans female. I'll try a car analogy. Toyotas for instance are very reliable cars and they will last a long time where as BMWs are great for a while but they become unreliable endless money pit if you want to keep them long term. A driver may prefer the reliable low maintenance Toyota whereas another driver may prefer the glitzy high maintenance BMW and trade it in when it starts acting up. Rich men go through wives like crazy. 

Again, it's personal preference. Me? I'd pick a Toyota over a BMW.

See the source image

For my needs and preferences I trans female would be a better fit for me and for most of the guys I know who have been through the marriage meat grinder. Whether cis women are flawed is beside the point and a matter of opinion. The fact is, early modern human female probably never reached the are where they would go through menopause. People didn't live long many centuries ago. 

Take the RH factor. Could that be a flaw?  At the beginning of the 20th century, for every 1000 live births, six to nine women in the United States died of pregnancy-related complications, and approximately 100 infants died before age 1 year (1,2). From 1915 through 1997, the infant mortality rate declined greater than 90% to 7.2 per 1000 live births, and from 1900 through 1997, the maternal mortality rate declined almost 99% to less than 0.1 …

Before modern times say the 1900's women died at much higher rates. If a product failed at that rate we'd look for design flaws. 

Here's the mental illness data: https://online.regiscollege.edu/blog/womens-mental-health/

Women have higher rates of mental disorders than men, NHS ...

https://www.bmj.com/content/354/bmj.i5320

Women have higher rates of mental disorders than men, NHS survey finds. Women are more likely to have mental health problems than men, with young women at particularly high risk, the biggest survey of mental health disorder and treatment in England has found.

Men have made gallows humor jokes about women for years and their crazy making and mood swings.

See the source image

Facts are facts. And two common denominators are estrogen and ovaries.  Hormone fluctuations  cause very bad behavior. Women are far more likely to kill their kids.

Mothers are more likely to abuse children than fathers ...

Ultimately the statistics that mothers are more likely than fathers to abuse kids have been ...

1. SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION IN WOMEN - medcross.com

https://www.medcross.com/post/sexual-dysfunction-in-women

"A woman who does not want to sleep with you is sleeping with someone else" is an accepted saying. Or perhaps, she simply does not like you, because you look like Quasimodo. This sounds straightforward, but it is not necessarily true. Indeed, 43% of all women suffer from sexual dysfunction, therefore cannot engage in sex or do not enjoy it. This is a surprising statistical factoid for a well-hidden ailment.

Again, I am not making judgments here. Here are the facts and people can draw their own conclusions based on those facts. Facts are facts and presenting them is not a put down on anyone.

Fatherlessness, Poverty and Crime - United Families ...

Sep 10, 2013 · Boys who are fatherless from birth are 3.061 times as likely to go to jail as peers from intact families, while boys who do not see their father depart until they are 10 to 14 years old are 2.396 times as likely to go to jail as peers from intact families.

Women more likely to be perpetrators of abuse as well as ...

Women more likely to be perpetrators of abuse as well as victims. July 13, 2006. GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Women are more likely than men to stalk, attack and psychologically abuse their partners, according to a University of Florida study that finds college women have a new view of the dating scene. “We’re seeing women in relationships acting differently nowadays than we have in the past,” said Angela …

I'm not implying anything. The data speaks for itself.  Feel free to challenge the data but be aware, facts are very stubborn things.

I'm not anti woman. In fact I'd like to see a higher ratio of women to men.

As to my opinions, they are based on facts and real world situations. What I can say bases on my observations is that for men I know well, the would prefer the attributes of trans-females to cis females.

1. No PMS or PMDD

2. No periods

3. Spent time in a boy's and male teen's world so her behavior was held to higher standards. 

I was so young back then. I really never understood what was going on inside of me. I knew I wasn't like others, but never put it together.

I was very sassy at an early age, give my older sister credit for that.

I was raped by a neighbor at the age of 10.  Yeah, try and forget that stage in your life.

The year was 1965, I had long hair and I get my -censored- head shaved because it was my fault.

Life goes on, and so do we if lucky.

Most important to me is this little fact.

My wife reads everything I post here, She read everything before my dismissal, and reads everything I post now that I'm back. 

So what am I saying? I don't lie to you, I do not make these stories up, 

Was I born into this? Was this my destiny? Why am I so comfortable as my true self? Was I chosen? 

First, hell no I wasn't chosen for this, if I was I'd be rich right now.

What comes next, well, your turn now......passing the banner,

LM❤️

Walking dogs.jpg

This is a very good topic, I really loved it, so my last post on this topic is

Was I born into this?

You tell me

LM❤️

Linda and Julie.jpg

15 hours ago, Shay said:

I would really like to know if you personally find being born into a CIS male or female causes you to think that you can do good because of it - like being a mentor to others and/or society in general OR that you really struggle and don't understand why you were born this way.

Personally, I'm too shy, introverted, and socially stupid to put myself on a pedestal as a role model for others to look up to. I don't struggle to understand why I am the way I am; I used to, but after a while I just didn't see the point anymore lol. It is what it is and that is all that it is. I don't tell people I'm trans because 1.) I'm not trans; I'm a girl, who happened to be born and raised as a boy. When someone looks at me, I don't want them to think, "Oh; she's a transgirl." I want them to think of me as JUST a girl; a normal, generic, everyday girl. Unremarkable and ordinary. Oh, and 2.) I don't tell people I'm trans because not only do I not identify as such, but I also don't want to make a scene or invite others to discriminate against me because of it, either by excluding me because they think I'm transgender, OR including me solely because I'm transgender and they feel I deserve special treatment because of that. It's not a "nice gesture." It's objectifying and condescending lol.

I just want to be seen and treated as a normal freaking person. So nope, becoming a trans superhero social justice warrior just isn't in the cards for me; it sounds nightmarish to me lol.

8 hours ago, KimmieElise said:

This is a fascinating notion, but seems to rely too much on speculation for my likes.  I would have to ask, why bother with the simulation?  It seems all the simulations are inherently flawed.  I think if i were to create a simulation I would create one sans the suffering a madness which goes with this one.  If can create a simulation, ought not one control the variables in such a way as to prevent suffering and grief.  Unless, the suffering and grief serve a purpose on some level, there is no viable reason to include it.

...And Christianity doesn't rely on speculation? XD

Q: Why bother with the simulation?
A: Any number of reasons which we'll likely never know, but are probably cataclysmic in nature lol. 

Q: If one can create a simulation, ought not one control the variables in such a way as to prevent suffering and grief?
A: One definitely ought not. A perfectly safe and happy universe where nothing bad ever happens would be super boring lol.

Suffering and grief doesn't need to serve a purpose on any level, but it just so happens it does, if nothing else, it makes life more interesting and less predictable. Plus, if you want the illusion of free will in the simulation, then programming everyone to be exactly the same ideologically speaking would throw a big wrench in making people believe they actually have a choice about things lol. Who knows? maybe the whole purpose of the simulation is to see how we react to an alien invasion, and if we "decide" to do something that none of the other simulations have decided to do yet, and we end up defeating the invaders. Humans from the future in Base Reality could be watching it all unfold for the sole purpose of finding a solution to the alien invaders that THEY are currently facing. They could experience time completely differently as well; what appears to us as Normal Real Time might actually be playing at superspeed in their minds; millenniums passing like hours. A species could go through quite a few simulations in search of that final piece of the puzzle, and when they get it, they'll probably shut the computer down and get to work solving their problems. Our simulated Universe ceasing to exist in just a fraction of a second. ...That's about how much I think any potential "creators" give a damn about us LOL. We're not "people" in their minds; we're just soulless coded programs lol.

16 hours ago, KimmieElise said:

I have nothing against people with Dark Triad personalities per se.  What I have a problem with is abuse.

That makes more sense. ?

1 hour ago, Nora said:

...And Christianity doesn't rely on speculation? XD

I am not going to attempt to address this in this thread.  This line of discussion already deviates from the OP's original intent.  I just found this like of thinking interesting.

One last question, if you don't mind?  What role do you feel Occam's Razor plays in all this?

Just to add my random tuppence into this conversation, I think the answer is "Yes".

I am not a man who is simply deciding to be a woman for some random reason, I am a woman whose body grew up to be viewed as a man.

For me the science bit happened in the womb, and then nature and nurture allowed me to get to 40 before realising that this was weighing heavily on my soul. Any number of things could have led me to either continue denying myself or to have found myself sooner. This whole process for me is about being authentic. That authenticity means it has always been me, it just took me a while to realise it!

?

• Forum Moderator

OK, so this little thread has come loose and is starting to unravel it's garment. I'm going to put it on lockdown for a bit. Kay?

Hugs!

• Jackie C. locked this topic