• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wings and Things

Sol

Lenny didn't notice them until Rachel did. 

His back was sore and the muscles felt tight, but it was easy to ignore as anxiety pains or sleeping wrong or a hundred other things.

And then Rachel yelled about blood and it all went to hell from there.

So here he was, sitting in the bathroom, bare from the waist up and self conscious down to his toes, as Rachel ran a wet towel along his shoulders and tailbone. 

Wings and a tail... Both fleshy and soft and red with blood. The tail was only a couple inches long, but Lenny could feel it curl as he sat. And the wings were so little, and so sensitive, with even the slightest touch making him feel like he was being scrubbed with sandpaper. 

At least they were easy to hide.

They were not easy to hide. 

Lenny spent all day shifting on his seat, boiling under a sweatshirt, while his wings and tail-god, he had wings and a tail-twitched and curled and felt like they were on fire

Basil, classic nosy rich kid that he was, obviously noticed and touched his back in the hallway. Lenny dropped like a stone, pain shooting out into every possible branch of his spine and nerves and oh God, I'm gonna die-and then there was nothing.

*It's hard for me to write full stories without planning and serious dedication, so most are gonna be blurbs or ideas. This is one such idea. Anything related to this idea will be posted here.*

**Sidenote; this is a boarding school, Lenny is a trans man, Rachel is his roommate and friend, and Basil is also his friend despite how much eh protests otherwise. They have another friend, Asura, that hasn't appeared yet. I may also change the style.**

I added more to the story since I last wrote for it, so this is a very basic overview.

1. This is more the equivalent of a magic college rather than a boarding school. I felt it gives the characters some more freedom.

2. I'll be writing in either second or first person. Depends on my mood and what I wanna do for a piece.

3. Another character is being added: Sunshine or just Sunny. They're an AMAB nonbinary person and the Chosen One (no big deal).

4. Everyone knows magic exists. Some people have it, some people don't, and magical creatures are just hazards to deal with (if need be). 

That's all for now, everything else would be spoiling, so let's see if I can get around to writing it.

-Lenny-

I hate prophecies. 

They feel too much like dead people trying to figure out what the future's gonna be and making it harder for the rest of us. Why are we listening to dead people anyway? They don't know anything, they're dead.

But the words feel like holding hot coals; too painful to keep but nowhere to go.

When the Chosen has returned,

When a dragon is reborn, 

Herald the new era, the dead one shall burn

The beast shall be slain, rend and shorn.

The dragon comes back. The dragon will be killed.

My wings twitch and flutter, my tail lashes, but I can't let go of the coals. My horns hurt and my head feels foggy.

There's so much pressure, I'm all cracking up like an overflowing glass jar sealed too tight. There's something warm running down my hands, what was I holding? Was I holding anything at all?

...Am I gonna die?

Someone's yelling, but it feels far away, there's a ringing and it's drowning it out. Where's the ringing coming from? 

Everything feels too hot and too cold and it's prickling and I can't breathe, why can't I breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe helphelphelphelpme-

Rockabye Baby!

The air comes back. My ears pop. The colors flash and then go dark and then come back softer, and I feel like I'm floaty. I feel sleepy, and weightless, but I can feel someone holding me. 

They've got an arm under my thighs, another looped under my wings, and they're so soft. I'm not all there, I can feel it, but it's not too bad. My hands clench on their sweater? It feels like a sweater. It's got these fancy braids and it's too soft to be yarn. Cashmere, maybe. 

At least it's comfy. I don't notice when I fall asleep.

Basic overview of the spell system;

1. Words in bold and italics are spells. They have some weight.

2. A lot of people carry wands. They're not necessary, but they help with directing a spell by pointing at a specific target. You can learn to use magic without one, it's just harder.

3. The main thing is intent. You can say basically anything, but that doesn't mean it'll do what it says if your intent is something different. You could say "Shut up" but your intent could be "Go away," so the spell will then jettison them out of the room. "Rockabye baby" is a song name, but the intent behind the spell is "Calm down." Anywho, that'd enough info dumping for tonight.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:36 PM, Sol said:

Very interesting start. Good luck with developing this. I hadn't looked this far into the forums here for a while. I will now if you are going to keep developing the story.

Updating again because I'm usually never satisfied with how the story starts, and the end product is gonna be very far from the original. 

Changes: 

1. Sunny gets to be the dragon. You know the twist, the characters don't, do you guys can all be in on the drama. Lenny gets to do something else :)

2. Lenny's character is getting a revamp in the personality department. No, I will not tell you what.

3. Basil is Lenny's new roommate, while Sunny, Asura, and Rachel are all roommates. They all hang out a lot though, so at this point it doesn't matter much.

4. Spells will also be getting a revamp. As much as I love Rainbow Rowell and her Carry On trilogy, I don't want to rip off her spell system. I'll figure out the exact mechanics at a later date.

That should be it for now, but something will probably be different in a day or two.

-Sunny-

"You can't keep getting into fights with Lenny." I'm getting sick of this, and it's gotta show on my face because Basil has the good grace to look ashamed. Better than nothing with him, anyway.

"We didn't fight." I stop putting bruise cream over a nasty shiner to hit him upside the head. Not hard enough to hurt, just to feel it. Show him what happens when he snaps at me like that.

"And what was it? A beatdown?" I'm getting angry now, and I have the smallest inkling to hit him harder. I don't, but the idea is a little tempting.

"No," he huffs, and he's got his bottom lip pushed forward in a pout, "we had a disagreement."

I have to scoff, but I don't say anything else. 

"Over what? Hair care? Tennis?"

"No." He doesn't elaborate, and I don't ask. I'm tired to pulling his fangs today. My anger's draining out, and I just feel really worn out.

I finish putting bruise cream over his eye in silence, and he looks as worn out as I feel.

"Just... try to figure it out." I put my hand on his shoulder, squeeze it for a second, and let go. Best to let them figure it out.

I don't want any part in it.

So in the last entry Basil and Lenny had a fight that escalated to physical violence. Both of them have big personalities, quick tempers, and are in a confined space with each other. And as Sunny says, this has happened before.

It doesn't excuse either of their actions, but I'll be tackling this later, especially because that's a part I want to plan out more. It's a big step I have planned for their relationship going forward. 

So stayed tuned while I get off mobile and get my computer set up, and then; it's planning time.

I was hit with a fit of inspiration, so things are being changed again! 

All five characters are going to stay the same, but I'm actually making them all much younger, around thirteen or so. That's because I have a new idea that involves a new character.

You'll meet him in the next piece, and his role.

Hey, there's a hundred views on this! Heck!

Well I'm glad people are interested enough in the super lackluster title to look at it.

Felt that this was a warning to out here;

My brain is incapable of focusing on one thing for a long period of time, especially when it comes to writing. Which is why I have four different works on here that are updated very sporadically, cause my brain goes in a different direction everyday. I also mentioned already that I change stories a lot from when I start them, and that'll hold true for basically everything unless I've somehow miraculously went through that stage before posting. 

That being said, my computer is set up, I can't promise an update for any other time besides "soon." I'll also still be writing that Basil and Lenny piece because it still happens, they're just younger and the circumstances are different.