• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Emotion of the day

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

Description

Embarrassment or awkwardness is an emotional state that is associated with mild to severe levels of discomfort, and which is usually experienced when someone commits a socially unacceptable or frowned-upon act that is witnessed by or revealed to others.
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Ashley0616

• LaurenA

• Timber Wolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Description

Loneliness is an unpleasant emotional response to perceived isolation. Loneliness is also described as social pain – a psychological mechanism which motivates individuals to seek social connections. It is often associated with a perceived lack of connection and intimacy.
  • Forum Moderator

Description

Embarrassment or awkwardness is an emotional state that is associated with mild to severe levels of discomfort, and which is usually experienced when someone commits a socially unacceptable or frowned-upon act that is witnessed by or revealed to others.

EMBARRASSED ashamed chagrined flustered guilty mortified self-conscious. FATIGUE beat burnt out depleted exhausted lethargic listless

• Forum Moderator

Description

Disgust is an emotional response of rejection or revulsion to something potentially contagious or something considered offensive, distasteful or unpleasant. In The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals, Charles Darwin wrote that disgust is a sensation that refers to something revolting.
  • Forum Moderator

Description

Envy is an emotion which occurs when a person lacks another's quality, skill, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it. Aristotle defined envy as pain at the sight of another's good fortune, stirred by "those who have what we ought to have"
  • Forum Moderator

People generally like to feel happy, calm, and good. You might express these feelings by smiling, laughing, or indulging yourself.

You might feel enjoyment when:

• You feel close and connected to people you care about.
  • You feel safe and secure.
  • You’re doing something that triggers sensory pleasure.
  • You’re absorbed in an activity.
  • You feel relaxed and at peace.

well for me I was at the therapist yesterday and before I left she reminded me to be me and be proud of myself and to start letting Rachel out more, like getting rid of my old name, It is scary path but it is exciting at the same time just need to put on my Big Girl panties 

• Forum Moderator

Description

Annoyance is an unpleasant mental state that is characterized by irritation and distraction from one's conscious thinking. It can lead to emotions such as frustration and anger. The property of being easily annoyed is called irritability. 
  • Forum Moderator

scared

[ skaird ]
https://www.dictionary.com/0b29c1db2f0b1c9452c7.svg

adjective
  1. filled with fear, terror, or dread, often suddenly; frightened; alarmed: The doctor provided not only physical treatment but also moral guidance for scared patients with terminal diagnoses. I came into college as a scared freshman and left as a confident, competent adult.

• Forum Moderator

People generally like to feel happy, calm, and good. You might express these feelings by smiling, laughing, or indulging yourself.

You might feel enjoyment when:

• You feel close and connected to people you care about.
  • You feel safe and secure.
  • You’re doing something that triggers sensory pleasure.
  • You’re absorbed in an activity.
  • You feel relaxed and at peace.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Rage: Anger, bitterness, dislike, ferocity, fury, hate, hostility, loathing, outrage, resentment, scorn, spite, vengefulness, wrath
  • Forum Moderator

You typically experience disgust as a reaction to unpleasant or unwanted situations. Like anger, feelings of disgust can help protect you from things you want to avoid.

It can also pose problems if it leads you to dislike certain people, including yourself, or situations that aren’t necessarily bad for you.

• Forum Moderator
ag·o·ny
/ˈaɡənē/
noun

1. extreme physical or mental suffering.
    "he crashed to the ground in agony"
  • Forum Moderator

Animosity: A feeling of ill will arousing active hostility.

• Forum Moderator

Envy: A feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else’s possessions, qualities, or luck.

• Forum Moderator

Disappointment: A feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized.

• Forum Moderator

Nervousness: The anxious feeling you have when you have the jitters; agitated or alarmed.

• Forum Moderator

Alienation: The feeling of being alienated (socially disoriented) from other people.

Achieving purpose in life. Many are different and some may be the same but everyone is on a different journey to get there. 

I guess today is a bad day for me.  I woke up in pain from a fall yesterday and it's progressed into depression.  I guess one of my problems is I have no idea why this is happening.  I have no reason at all to explain why I'm crying.  I should be happy as all get-out because things are moving forward and going my way.  I tried calling the TransHotline but of course they never answer.  I tried calling a therapist and got no answer either.  There no way I'm calling 988 because that connects me to the police.  Not sure what to do except crawl into a corner a wait for it to get better.  Sorry to bother people with this.  I don't know who else to go to.

7 minutes ago, LaurenA said:

I guess today is a bad day for me.  I woke up in pain from a fall yesterday and it's progressed into depression.  I guess one of my problems is I have no idea why this is happening.  I have no reason at all to explain why I'm crying.  I should be happy as all get-out because things are moving forward and going my way.  I tried calling the TransHotline but of course they never answer.  I tried calling a therapist and got no answer either.  There no way I'm calling 988 because that connects me to the police.  Not sure what to do except crawl into a corner a wait for it to get better.  Sorry to bother people with this.  I don't know who else to go to.

Hi Lauren, can I ask, have you started HRT? If so, what drugs and at what doses? I have had a great deal of trouble with t-blockers over the past year or so: they make me weepy and incredibly thin-skinned.