• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Emotion of the day

Heather Shay

I accept that my body is getting older, but the new limitations can be depressing at times.  And I suppose the hormones magnify that.  

I'm a bit surprised that the hotline doesn't answer.  That's not much help.

All I can say is that it will pass, and to hold on to what you have.

And like Betty has said drugs can be a factor.  If that is true it can be fixed.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Ashley0616

• LaurenA

• Timber Wolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @Betty K.  I've been on E for several years and P for a couple months.  No T blockers since I was already low.  I think doses aren't acceptable here so I'm not going to say.

4 minutes ago, LaurenA said:

Hi @Betty K.  I've been on E for several years and P for a couple months.  No T blockers since I was already low.  I think doses aren't acceptable here so I'm not going to say.

Oh that's right, I forgot about not mentioning doses here. Might be worth looking into effects of P? I have heard of strong reactions to it, though I don't share them.

In any case, I understand attacks of crying, believe me. I feel for you.

• Forum Moderator

Description

Passion is a term used to denote strong and intractable or barely controllable emotion or inclination with respect to a particular person or thing.
  • Forum Moderator

GRATEFULNESS -  a feeling of thankfulness, for something specific or simply all-encompassing, often accompanied by humility and even reverence.

• Forum Moderator

Regret: A feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over an occurrence or something that one has done or failed to do.

• Forum Moderator
  • Abandoned adjective
    1. forsaken or deserted : an abandoned building; an abandoned kitten.

• Forum Moderator
  • Hope – a feeling of optimism and anticipation about a positive future.
  • Forum Moderator

eudemonia

[ yoo-di-moh-nee-uh ] SHOW IPA  

noun

happiness; well-being.

patient:  able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious

• Forum Moderator

Aversion: A strong dislike or disinclination

• Forum Moderator

Anxiety differs from depression in that it’s characterized by feelings of overwhelming dread or fear.

However, like depression, studies have suggested that stress may be linked to anxiety and anxiety disorders.

In one 2015 studyTrusted Source, researchers investigated the effects of stress levels at home and work on anxiety and depression levels. They found that people who experienced high levels of work stress were more likely to have more symptoms of anxiety and depression.

• Forum Moderator
That's despair and it's an emotion that arises when we aren't getting the results we want. Despair gives us an excuse to give up on our desired goals and it .
  • Forum Moderator

Dismay: A sudden or complete loss of courage and firmness in the face of trouble or danger; overwhelming and disabling terror; the sinking of the spirits.

• Forum Moderator

Collywobbles, the: A feeling of anxiety and unease in the pit of the stomach. Unlike the “butterflies,” the collywobbles often occur late at night as we anticipate a looming deadline.

• Forum Moderator

You typically experience disgust as a reaction to unpleasant or unwanted situations. Like anger, feelings of disgust can help protect you from things you want to avoid.

It can also pose problems if it leads you to dislike certain people, including yourself, or situations that aren’t necessarily bad for you.

• Forum Moderator

Sulkiness: A sullen moody resentful disposition.

• Forum Moderator
contentment /kənˈtɛntmənt/  noun

: the state of being happy and satisfied : the state of being content
  • He believes that people can find peace and contentment in living simply.
  • There was a look of perfect contentment on her face.
  • a sigh of contentment
  • Forum Moderator
Awe

Description

Awe is an emotion comparable to wonder but less joyous. On Robert Plutchik's wheel of emotions awe is modeled as a combination of surprise and fear.
  • Forum Moderator

Description

In modern usage, enthusiasm refers to intense enjoyment, interest, or approval expressed by a person. The term is related to playfulness, inventiveness, optimism, zest, verve, and high energy. The word was originally used to refer to a person possessed by God, or someone who exhibited intense piety.