• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

MaeBe's Trail of Discovery

MaeBe

It's funny with photos isn't it, how we think we look in them vs. how we actually do look in them! I'm hopeless at smiling and I have to try really hard not to frown or look like a zombie. I'm never sure how I come across to others.

I had a moment late last night when my eldest daughter facetimed my wife for some now forgotten reason, and when I was handed the tablet and talking to her, I was fixated on my image in the corner. My hair was wild at the time, I was a bit tipsy and all I saw was a woman! I have no idea what she saw in that context. I'll probably never know.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaeBe

• Ashley0616

• Mirrabooka

• Mmindy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How we look in photographs isn't really anything we can control.  I've actually searched for answers and there are lots of good explanations out there like this one:

https://www.foxbackdrop.com/blogs/news/beautiful-photogenic-reasons-tricks-foxbackdrop#:~:text=Based on the light-creation,angular faces are usually photogenic.

The simplest explanation is a picture captures our image two-dimensionally when in real-life, we are seen three-dimensionally.  A person can be beautiful or handsome in real life but the two-dimensional image can be way different.  So, for those of us that don't think we look good in a picture, fear not.  We are much better looking in three-dimensions.

2 minutes ago, April Marie said:

Oh, I am drop-dead gorgeous in a totally different dimension

So, just imagine how spectacularly beautiful you'd be in four-dimensions April.

7 minutes ago, Sally Stone said:

So, just imagine how spectacularly beautiful you'd be in four-dimensions April.

In those dimensions, not even Sophia Loren could hold a candle to me. A Goddess....in my own mind. lol

All these beautiful people in my biography, I feel so blessed!

No fallout from the Facebook avatar thing, yet. I instantly deleted it, but I really do like the avatar I created. I'll have to recreate it when I'm more out to friends and family.

I guess they weren't dancing, one was blowing a birthday horn and mine was "like, omg, so surprised!"

image.thumb.png.b128811118041794fe39ccc448406f21.png

• Forum Moderator
31 minutes ago, MaeBe said:

I really do like the avatar I created. I'll have to recreate it when I'm more out to friends and family.

I'm with you on the Facebook avatars. My sisters asked me about mine

• Forum Moderator

@MaeBe here’s the FaceBook avatar that had my sisters questioning me. When asked about it I replied with a cowgirl hat version. I would consider them soft outings. 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Resized_Screenshot_20240402_172943_Facebook_1712097002604.jpeg

IMG_0732.png

• Forum Moderator
On 4/17/2024 at 6:07 PM, MaeBe said:

Fixed that! 

That’s a great picture, MaeBe. 

Hugs,

🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

15 hours ago, Mmindy said:

That’s a great picture, MaeBe. 

Hugs,

🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you, Mindy!

Love the avatar! I assume you weren’t out to your sister yet? Did the cowgirl reply start a dialogue?

• Forum Moderator
34 minutes ago, MaeBe said:

Did the cowgirl reply start a dialogue?

No, it was the birthday cake, tie-die shirt with breast. My youngest sister will love me forever and support me in whatever I do. My sister closest to me in age has disowned anything androgynous or feminine about me. I expected this to happen because she cut off and disowned her youngest daughter when she came out as lesbian. I will not stop using a feminine AVI. Let people think what they're going to think.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Let people think what they're going to think.

You pretty much gotta.