• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ashley's Life from Start to Present

Ashley0616

26 minutes ago, MaeBe said:

It's hard to get those things going. What was your content about?

First video

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• MaeBe

• Mmindy

• Mirrabooka

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
42 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

First video

Ashley,

I stopped by your YouTube and subscribed. You're doing great by putting yourself out there to be seen and followed. As for your editing skills those will come with practice.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

1 minute ago, Mmindy said:

Ashley,

I stopped by your YouTube and subscribed. You're doing great by putting yourself out there to be seen and followed. As for your editing skills those will come with practice.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you! Do you have one? I'll subscribe to you as well.

• Forum Moderator
27 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

Thank you! Do you have one? I'll subscribe to you as well.

I do, however I don't have any videos up yet. Check your comments and you'll see where I reviewed the videos.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

10 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

I do, however I don't have any videos up yet. Check your comments and you'll see where I reviewed the videos.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I subscribed 

1 minute ago, MaeBe said:

Good for you, Ashley! Subbed! 🤩

💜Mae

Thank you! Do you have one?

2 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

Thank you! Do you have one?

I do not. I might have to with all you superstars putting yourself out there though!

I do not. I might have to with all you superstars putting yourself out there though!

It's fun to do. I found a free editor called Camtasia. I'll start using that. Let me know when you do. I'll be a first subscriber. 

2 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

It's fun to do. I found a free editor called Camtasia. I'll start using that. Let me know when you do. I'll be a first subscriber. 

❤️

Posted (edited)

Well things went well today at the appointment with the endocrinologist. My testosterone went from 330 to 80 and just need to lose 40 more to be ideal. My estrogen levels are doing great. I was increased to two XXX Estridol patches. She is reluctant on prescribing injections. I learned that there isn't a 100% way of getting rid of body hair. Laser is great for dark hairs and electrolysis is great for light colored hairs. She reassured me that she knew what she was talking about because she has the problem too. It does slow it down which is what I would love. Permanant would be better but to not have to shave everyday would be a blessing. Another good thing that I learned is I almost lost 10 pounds from three months ago. I'm happy about that and reassured me that my weight gain is most likely from medication. She has been working with my mental health provider. My blood pressure was 170/72 and that was after an energy drink. My A1C went from 7.4 to 6.8 which I'm barely below the 7.0 with the diabetic range. I'm hoping I can continue losing more weight, better blood pressure and an adjustment to blood pressure medication, and lower A1C. I'm glad to see some improvement. 

Edited by Mmindy
Rule 13/14 dosage
3 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

I'm glad to see some improvement. 

Congrats on the hard work paying off!

I can tell you that laser seems to be working for me. Even after one treatment I am noticing areas that are not regrowing on my face. I'm noticing less of a morning shadow than I normally do, too. So exciting!

Congrats on the hard work paying off!

I can tell you that laser seems to be working for me. Even after one treatment I am noticing areas that are not regrowing on my face. I'm noticing less of a morning shadow than I normally do, too. So exciting!

I wished I knew this because then the time I went in would've counted. I was told that some paperwork needed to be corrected so I'm waiting for that to be done. I'm looking forward it most definitely! I would be even happy to not get a five o'clock shadow. I hate how quick my hair grows and it's not just the facial hair. It's body hair that grows quickly too. My leg hairs take a while to grow so I am happy about that. I usually shave my legs once every three weeks.

1 minute ago, Ashley0616 said:

I usually shave my legs once every three weeks.

Lucky! My leg hair growth has slowed a little and the hair seems finer, but I was never hairy. I still feel the need to shave my legs every 5-7 days at the very longest.

I assume the paperwork is regarding getting coverage from the VA? I paid out of pocket 😒, maybe I should see if insurance will cover it but I'm not holding my breath.

Lucky! My leg hair growth has slowed a little and the hair seems finer, but I was never hairy. I still feel the need to shave my legs every 5-7 days at the very longest.

I assume the paperwork is regarding getting coverage from the VA? I paid out of pocket 😒, maybe I should see if insurance will cover it but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes. I would word it a way to were they would. You are extremely disgusted by it so maybe something along those lines and get some letters from medical care providers. Maybe that will work.

I have discussed with my therapist that my facial hair is a major dysphoria. Maybe when I see her again I'll see if she can write a letter? She just switch employers and I've followed her, but due to that she's not covered by my insurance until the June time frame. So it will be a few weeks until I see her again.

I have discussed with my therapist that my facial hair is a major dysphoria. Maybe when I see her again I'll see if she can write a letter? She just switch employers and I've followed her, but due to that she's not covered by my insurance until the June time frame. So it will be a few weeks until I see her again.

Well that sucks! Hopefully you'll get it. I consider myself pretty lucky with the VA. 

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

I'm glad to see some improvement. 

This is very good news @Ashley0616 

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

31 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

This is very good news @Ashley0616 

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you!

Well the SUV needs tires sooner than expected. I won't be able to go to Jackson for the Trans event. I applied for another loan which I'll get the funds tomorrow but still have to wait till the 20th to have it done because the loan wasn't enough to cover the whole cost of them. I'm tired of all the darn curve balls thrown my direction. This is getting old quick. It has always been one thing or another that prevents things from going my way. I just want things to go smoothly. I know I'll get out of the hole again but I'm hoping after this hole I got stuck with things will calm down. The only other thing that the car needs is the differential fluid changed out and maybe new wipers and the month after that it'll be another oil change. It would be nice if cars didn't need so much maintenance. Sorry for my complaining. I'll stop. I have no other place to vent and it's still a while before my therapist and I have been told the VA may not cover another therapist because it would take up two spots. The new one is supposed to be great because he's practically overqualified and not many therapist are LGBTQ supporters that are at least known. 

• Forum Moderator
15 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

Sorry for my complaining. I'll stop. I have no other place to vent

Ashley, You know that's why we're here. Hugs and I also hope you get ahead of these unexpected events.

The way I look at my truck repairs and services is: The truck is paid off, so does the occasional service or repair cost more than a truck payment? If so then I'm cool with it. 2014 F-250 Super-Duty Diesel 266,500 miles and still pulling Suzy's Camper like a champ.

We're all good,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Well I may not have a special someone but my faith is renewed. I'm now listening to romantic music and have the feeling of butterflies in my stomach type feeling trying to predict who they might be. Finishing up my second cup of coffee and trying to enjoy it. My hair is getting long enough that the wig is starting to look a little silly wearing it. I'm even feeling better about the future. I think we stand a good chance on surviving the presidential election. There is a lot going on with all his court trials. I'm getting new tires put on my SUV soon so I'm looking forward about not worrying about them no more. I had to take out a loan for them but oh well I guess. I'll just try to put all my efforts on paying it off as soon as I can. I also got a new credit card but that will have to be maxed out to help get the tires. Having 19" tires isn't cheap. I wished they were like 17s instead. For once in a while I'm looking forward to what the future looks like. I'm feeling really euphoric today and I'm loving it! Take care and thanks for reading my journal!

2 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

I'm feeling really euphoric today and I'm loving it!

Glad to read it!

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

I'm looking forward to what the future looks like.

What a great update @Ashley0616

Positivity does improve positive vibes,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Well the birthday party went. I was deadnamed the entire time everyone was here and the wrong pronouns were used. I just wished they call me by the right name and use the right pronouns. Unfortunately fighting a losing battle.