• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Killer Thread

Guest kelise

JodyAnn...You're such a drag........racer!

'spose that's better than a drag queen.

oh, wait...I resemble that remark! Actually, I must confess, I resemble both those remarks!

Lemme see if I can find some pom-poms, a short pleated skirt and a ghetto-blaster to cheer you on at the 1/4 mile mark. Or perhaps I could improvise...a jingle-dress with a big floppy tu-tu a pair of Pomeranians and a wind-up jewelry box that plays "dixieland" while I clog dance?

Tomorrow is my least favorite Canadian holiday...Thanksgiving. But that means my favorite two are coming right up...Halloween and Remembrance Day.

Joy and sorrow, what can I say, I'm an extremist (aka bi-polar lunatic or emomaniac?).

I can only conclude that Kelise isn't a thread killer, and you are all such beautiful people! I'm finding the forums here are becoming my favorite place to visit... :lol:

Be well and take care!

Thank you Kiddo! I am officially signing you up for the pit crew! You will get paid out of the winning purse. It's a Gucci. There is not much in it these days until I can afford to build us a new ride. LOL! Oh wait, maybe I should try on my old racing leathers. I'm not sure I can even fit my plump back bumpers and front bumpers in them any more. If the zippers won't close we don't pass tech. I want a new set anyway. Big, curvy, pink and black, ooooooh... so sexy!

I know a fellow that builds V8 bikes. His greatest achievement is a blown aluminum big block Chevrolet drag bike with a Powerglide two speed and a huge Top Fuel racing slick. That is the bike I want to race! Out of control seems so inviting, just like me. Give me lots of long Blonde hair flying out from under my helmet and lots of tire smoke! Giggle. Is it getting warm in here?

If you want to see Tom's bike Google Sidewinders Garage, he is in Top Of The World, Arizona.

Jody's Racing Team is accepting any cash sponsorship donations large or small. Giggle. I won't stand by the mailbox and wait though. Giggle. Hug, JodyAnn

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• JJ

• Cyndee

• Charlize

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey JodyAnn,

Why a Powerglide and not a Turbo Hydromatic - those things were indestructable, I took the one in my 73 Camero for a swim, it cracked the Plastic Bell Housing and anyone knows that after water gets into the transmission that is the end and it might have been somewhere down the line, I sold that car about 8 years later - never had a transmission problem.

Love ya,

Sally

Curses! I'm always the mechanic, and never the cheerleader...

Be well and take care!

Wait now, I take care of my crew! Giggle. You can't wrench in the staging lanes. Also I need help backing up after the burnout.

I don't know if anyone here remembers Jungle Pam? She was Jim Liberman's wife, of the legendary Jungle Jim Top Fuel funny car back in the day. She would wrench in the pits and then come out to line up the car in shortie shorts and a cropped top. She looked so killer and of course I was secretly so jealous in a nice way. She was a crowd pleasing bombshell favorite of all the fans.

I was so sad when Jim was killed in a car accident on the freeway. 240 mph every weekend to get knocked off by a bum at 65 MPH. Way sad. Pam faded from racing after that.

I plan for you to be just as famous as Pam, Blown exhibition funny bike, with an all girl crew. Giggle. If you can tolerate so many men watching your behind, as you are bent over in the pits. LOL!

Hey JodyAnn,

Why a Powerglide and not a Turbo Hydromatic - those things were indestructable, I took the one in my 73 Camero for a swim, it cracked the Plastic Bell Housing and anyone knows that after water gets into the transmission that is the end and it might have been somewhere down the line, I sold that car about 8 years later - never had a transmission problem.

Love ya,

Sally

This bike has lots of great twists. Tom is great at salvaging everything. He could not fit a two speed Lenco and didn't have one handy anyway. So he took a section of steel casing from the mine and machined it to fit the PG internals. Crafty dude! The home built trans is indestructible! You should see the chain and sprocket he glommed on to from the mine too. The final drive chain has links as long as my thumbs, it is huge to contain the horsepower. That is cheap and a way bit of overkill. I just get an adrenaline rush just looking at the bike in person. Giggle.

If I can get back up to Top of the World soon, I will post some pictures. His second bike is a early Hilborn injected small block Chevy with a slightly smaller street racing tire, that one can be driven on the highway. Not far, but very fast! LOL! He did have a twin engine side by by side on the drawing board too. I wonder if that one is taking shape yet. Last I knew, he was in the parts collecting phase. He also has a cool memorabilia museum in an out building and an antique rail coach. It is so worth the drive up the mountain to see it all.

So as we can see, Jody is a girl, very corrupted by a lifelong horsepower addiction. LOL! 'Scuse me, I have to go do my nails now. Giggle.Hug. JodyAnn

Guest Squallsong

JodyAnn, Pam Hardy wasn't his wife...she was much younger than him. Her big glowing smile was simply unforgettable (and likely a big part of the reason I ended up with my first wife a decade later). She's still around these days and has her own Jungle Jim memorial website and Facebook page. She has occasionally appeared to back-up the USA1 Chevy's and a few others. I remember him and that crazy Monza he had the year he died (head-on with a bus in Pennsylvania on his way home to see his folks?) late '77 I think...Prudhomme and McKewen were doing the "Snake and Mongoose" act and drag racing was all about showmanship. I was just a kid back then, but I loved fast shiny cars almost as much as I liked Pam's denim shorts and halter tops...between her and Catherine Bach, it was simply...jeanocide!

Not sure I'd be comfortable with Pam's outfits these days...I'm becoming a bit of a prude! ...and I'm pretty sure I'm a tad small topside :(

This thread needs some Halloween cheer! Racing has far too much testosterone! Let's summon the undead again!

Be well and take care!

You are right about Pam. My memory fades with old age and I don't keep up with racing that much anymore. Geez, that was a long time ago. Too much testosterone? Never happened to me. I never got a woody, station wagon or otherwise. Giggle. For me it's all about the shaking buzz of adrenaline. Any who...

OK, I can't turn Killer Thread into roadkill with a burnout, I will put it on the trailer. Next let's pack it in the old Caddy hearse and take it for a cruise! Happy Halloween. Hug. JodyAnn

Guest Squallsong

ROFLMAO! Shirley Muldowney saw to it that there was a counter to all that testosterone...girls can go fast too! I think she even won the big title in '77? I stopped following drag racing (go really fast) in 78, started into stock cars (go really fast and turn left) You're not "old" you just have experience! Always wanted a 60's Cadillac wagon...turn it into a Munster-iffic goth mobile, or even a 58 T-bird, like Cassandra Petersen's Macabre Mobile! I'm not much for bikes, but I remember seeing a Harley with a coffin shaped sidecar that's make a great Halloween ride.

2 more weeks till Halloween! Still trying to decide if I'm going to do anything...

Be well and take care!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Sarah21

OK Girls, I'm making a serious attempt to finally kill this thread.

I want to wish everyone (and all those belonged to them) a very Happy Christmas,

If someone replies to this it means Christmas is going to be ruined for everyone.

• Forum Moderator

Sarah dear one, this post has survived even attacks by zombies. I doubt that the wonderful folks here would have anything but a joyous Christmas as this thread survives. It is simply to young to lay to rest. Santa wouldn't settle for that. So to all i wish a good night and a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Forum Moderator

Charlie's right Sarah, you can try and kill this thread and several have tried over the years (almost acheiving it for months even) only to be thwarted.

Merry Christmas to you and all

Cyndi -

Guest Brenda Hailey

Curses! I'm always the mechanic, and never the cheerleader...

Be well and take care!

Wait now, I take care of my crew! Giggle. You can't wrench in the staging lanes. Also I need help backing up after the burnout.

I don't know if anyone here remembers Jungle Pam? She was Jim Liberman's wife, of the legendary Jungle Jim Top Fuel funny car back in the day. She would wrench in the pits and then come out to line up the car in shortie shorts and a cropped top. She looked so killer and of course I was secretly so jealous in a nice way. She was a crowd pleasing bombshell favorite of all the fans.

I was so sad when Jim was killed in a car accident on the freeway. 240 mph every weekend to get knocked off by a bum at 65 MPH. Way sad. Pam faded from racing after that.

I plan for you to be just as famous as Pam, Blown exhibition funny bike, with an all girl crew. Giggle. If you can tolerate so many men watching your behind, as you are bent over in the pits. LOL!

Hey JodyAnn,

Love ya,

Sally

This bike has lots of great twists. Tom is great at salvaging everything. He could not fit a two speed Lenco and didn't have one handy anyway. So he took a section of steel casing from the mine and machined it to fit the PG internals. Crafty dude! The home built trans is indestructible! You should see the chain and sprocket he glommed on to from the mine too. The final drive chain has links as long as my thumbs, it is huge to contain the horsepower. That is cheap and a way bit of overkill. I just get an adrenaline rush just looking at the bike in person. Giggle.

If I can get back up to Top of the World soon, I will post some pictures. His second bike is a early Hilborn injected small block Chevy with a slightly smaller street racing tire, that one can be driven on the highway. Not far, but very fast! LOL! He did have a twin engine side by by side on the drawing board too. I wonder if that one is taking shape yet. Last I knew, he was in the parts collecting phase. He also has a cool memorabilia museum in an out building and an antique rail coach. It is so worth the drive up the mountain to see it all.

So as we can see, Jody is a girl, very corrupted by a lifelong horsepower addiction. LOL! 'Scuse me, I have to go do my nails now. Giggle.Hug. JodyAnn

I know one thing forsure you will NEVER be able to kill this thread with this many Horsepower addicts posting here....this includes myself.

I thought I was the only gear head girl out there and all I neeeded to do is go to Laura's to find there are other girls out there just like me.

My muscle car collection is going to survive transition,,,,,YAY!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Life awaits, live it, smile and give....

Laugh and love....

• 7 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Feeling nostalgic today for the old days here. I can't believe after it went on for so long this thread finally went dormant. But not dead I hope.

And once again it rises.................

760562_zps778f971e.jpg

• Forum Moderator

OMG the walking dead!!!!!!!!! I remember a time when it reigned supreme. Glad to see it back again.

Hugs,

Charlize

Over the last few months I've been tempted to dig up and bump this topic, but I didn't dare to dabble into the arts of threadomancy. Thanks JJ for doing the dirty work. Now let's hope that kind of magic won't be needed for a long time :P

Guest LizMarie

Necro-posting! That's the term in the wider internet community for reviving a long dormant (or dead) thread. And in this case, perhaps that's especially appropriate! :)

Some here don't know it, but this thread was once called "Thread Killer"...

Not sure why the name was changed...

I used to have an Other Worldly ability to kill a perfectly good thread...

Always with innocent well meaning intentions I might add.

Often times the poster doesn't even knows she is doing it when it happens, thinking she is making a perfectly valuable contribution to a little community fun....

Then... Poof... Everyone disappears!

Michelle

Michelle: don't worry, you won't kill this one. Nobody will. It's an immortal thread. It'll resurrect as many times as it has to until the end of time or the end of Internet, whichever comes first.