• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Time Shaving Your Legs?

Guest Elizabeth K

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tracy_j

• VickySGV

• Charlize

• CamilleR

Guest Emily_MI
OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! I JUST SHAVED MY LEGS AND WOW!!! SOOOO SMOOTH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been just over a month since I started to shave my legs as well and yes I LOVE the results so far. I hate though ingrown hairs which I am still trying to get rid of though :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Joanna Phipps
OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! I JUST SHAVED MY LEGS AND WOW!!! SOOOO SMOOTH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the feeling of my slacks, skirts and night gowns on freshly shaved legs. Right after shaving i find it a shame to have to put pantyhose on and remove that feeling. Its the smoothness and slick feeling that I like; as to razors, walmart(dont we all love that place) sells special razors for shaving your arms, legs and pits with they have a moiturizing soap built right onto the blade. One thing is that if you use them, by the time the soap is gone the razor is dead as well. You can buy new cartriges for them to; just look in the women's shaving section.

Guest angie
I love the feeling of my slacks, skirts and night gowns on freshly shaved legs. Right after shaving i find it a shame to have to put pantyhose on and remove that feeling. Its the smoothness and slick feeling that I like; as to razors, walmart(dont we all love that place) sells special razors for shaving your arms, legs and pits with they have a moiturizing soap built right onto the blade. One thing is that if you use them, by the time the soap is gone the razor is dead as well. You can buy new cartriges for them to; just look in the women's shaving section.

I remember the first time I asked my ex if I coud shave my legs right after coming out to her.

I loved the feeling of softness and smoothness.Now that I have been shaved smooth for years,

it no longer has that effect.It has become,like any woman,a pain to up keep,just another necessity,

part of being a woman.But as you can see,I never forgot that wonderous feeling of rubbing my freshly shaved legs together,especially while in bed in my nightgown.

Hugs,

Angie

Guest Emily Violet

i coulda used this so long ago ugh. I tried to shave my legs not knowing anything bout doing it lets just say i got cut and it took me three days to get it all lol it was so hard but now i got it and its so much easier to do. i like two blade razor i think they work real well i steal em from my dad (not used ones eww)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ripley82

thanx this was very informative. I ve been shaving for a while and have used all sorts of things for shave cream but it is the best its just sad when you run out. smooth is one of the best feelings there is i think.

I aso use disposable razors and have seperats for legs and face and such

Huggs

Samantha

• 1 month later...
Guest Tammy Maher

Quick question about the whole shaving legs thing... Has anyone had anyluck or tried using that bladeless razor that uses a cream to kill the roots and the razor is more something used just to scrape away the dead hair?

(^ _^)/

Janelle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Isabella
Quick question about the whole shaving legs thing... Has anyone had anyluck or tried using that bladeless razor that uses a cream to kill the roots and the razor is more something used just to scrape away the dead hair?

(^ _^)/

Janelle

I have & did not have really bad reaction, but just from the feel of the chemicals(dipiliatories?) i have to question the long or even short term effects on the skin.

Guest rachael1

(^ _^)/

Janelle

I haven't heard of that type of razor does a chemical kill the roots or does it dissolve the hairs like a depilatory cream?

I have ocassionally waxed but find it rather expensive and you have to wait until the hairs reach a certain length before the next session.

I epilate now as it lasts longer than shaving and the hairs do grow back weaker and finer, althought the initial outlay is more you recoup over a period of time due to saving on the costs of razor blades.

I find a razor gives a slightly better finish than the epilator but the long term results are better with the epilator..

Rachael

About to do a wonderful job of just this thing!!! :P

I got a Dental Appt. and want them to see my sexy legs =_= as i told them i was undergoing

"Gender Reassignment"

they wanted to know what medication i took--so I gave it to them!

plus, it is liberating to talk about it at long last

i get in the tub with my razors and have a bath, and leg shaving contest

can't give much advice as i rarely get any cuts---i'm old hat at this...

hot water helps

i've been shaving my legs since i was a teen, so it is a way to relax

for me , and not confusing

i've heard post-op it is a chore :o

but i love doing it most of the time

My Hormones are already reducing Body hair at 5 months!

(this about 3 months full dosage)

at one or two years i can see myself possibly being involved in a voluntary RLE

just off the results i'm getting!

besides i'm being gently asked to do this anyway...with my sexy legs :lol:

love and razors,

Kate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Erin Quinn

This post and thread was so helpful ^_^ Took a long hot bath last week, lathered with some wonder Basil and Lime soap and enjoyed the experience. And the next day, wow, did even my most boring of work pants feel ten times better!!

Yippie!

Guest cjnoble71

Thanks Elizabeth;

I've actually been shaving awhile now, but there are always new things to learn. In particular the advice about repetition is helpful.

Guest Joanna Phipps
I haven't heard of that type of razor does a chemical kill the roots or does it dissolve the hairs like a depilatory cream?

I have ocassionally waxed but find it rather expensive and you have to wait until the hairs reach a certain length before the next session.

I epilate now as it lasts longer than shaving and the hairs do grow back weaker and finer, althought the initial outlay is more you recoup over a period of time due to saving on the costs of razor blades.

I find a razor gives a slightly better finish than the epilator but the long term results are better with the epilator..

Rachael

if anyone knows the name or brand of this razor I would love to know. Id also like to know if it works on faces.

Enquiring minds want to know

I've been shaving my legs (and just about everywhere else) since I was 12 or 13. I've done depilitories, epilators, manual & electric razors, wax, sandpaper, you name it. I finally settled on manual shaving. I actually enjoy doing it and the results are almost orgasmic!! (Even after 35 years!!) My current favorite razor is the Gillette Fusion. 5 blades of pure shaving bliss. The replacement blades are expensive, but, to me at least, they are worth every penny. I've never been that hairy, so I can do both legs in about 10 minutes from toes to hips. Sadly, I only have to shave once a week (Oh, I'm gonna hear it for that!! LOL) As for shaving cream, can't help ya. I use the lather from my Irish Spring body wash. Love the scent and it leaves a very nice finish.

Just my 2 cents worth!!

See y'all at the bowling alley!!

Love

Kacee

• 3 weeks later...

Good advice, i have just started trying to shave and i have gotten razerburn a lot but i think thats becuse i was trying to dry shave, I have a bad habit becuse i keep all my femm stuff in my room of grabbing any idle rzer in reach and shaving body hair. So it asound slike i should stop that and find some good shaving cream and then consult this guide again.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MissAmy

I think I might shave mine tomorrow. I had let them grown out because I wanted to go swimming and there is no way I coudl've made an excuse to my mom about why my legs were shaved. I love how they feel when they're shaved to. I also have to get rid of some pubic and butt hair tomorrow. That stuff grows like wildfire.

I shaved my legs for the first time today! OMG it was AMAZING!!!!

my legs are so smooth :D And they feel great :D

I did cut myself quite a few times though... I'm guessing this will get smoothed out over time.

And holy crap did it take a while! I'm basically a werewolf, so I have hair EVERYWHERE. And lots of it (but not anymore :P).

<3<3<3 Sara :)

Guest Janessa

I just shaved my legs for the first time today, too. Unfortunately I found myself unable to get my legs nice and smooth, though. I think it's because I'm using an electric razor, because I'm finding it difficult to get rid of the little excess stubs. I must say they do feel and look loads better than they used too, though. ^_^

I didn't think to use lotion either, though. I hope any lotion will work because I'm keeping this secret from my mom lol. (I'm always wearing long pants + socks, so keeping it secret shouldn't be a problem)

I read that shaving every other day is enough...but since I started shaving last week, I do it every morning in the shower while let the conditioner work into my hair. I've Bern finding it keeps things nice and smooth (I love being bald downstairs).

I do make sure my razor never gets too old, they're so darn expensive though. I'm using the gilette fusion. I switch blades though. One for the face and another for everything else.

And then of course, moisterize moisterize moisterize!

Top it off with a dusting of baby powder and I'm off.

I'd like to try something like nair for a really smooth finish. Anyone use that or something like it?

I really want to wax, now if I could just find a TG friendly shop.

Off topic, just got a pedi and a manicure today! First one, and no problem being in my male cloths, it's common, just had clear pollish instead of color.

Huggies!

Alissa

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Emily_MI

How often do you shave your legs/arms? I am about to start on HRT her legs very soon(YAY!!!!) and just curious to know after starting on HRT does your hair growth on your legs/arms start to slow down? I have pretty fast hair growth(on my head I do not mind since I want longer hair, but on my legs and arms it is very annoying) I know after I also start on waxing my that will help but just wondering if it does get better when on HRT?

Guest April63
How often do you shave your legs/arms? I am about to start on HRT her legs very soon(YAY!!!!) and just curious to know after starting on HRT does your hair growth on your legs/arms start to slow down? I have pretty fast hair growth(on my head I do not mind since I want longer hair, but on my legs and arms it is very annoying) I know after I also start on waxing my that will help but just wondering if it does get better when on HRT?

Yes, when you're on HRT, you'll have less hair on your legs and arms. The hair should become thinner and less prevalent. Shaving will get easier.

As for how often to shave, it's up to you. If you shave everyday, you'll probably avoid any stubble. You can get away with every other day, but you might have a little bit of stubble on the second day.

I'd like to try something like nair for a really smooth finish. Anyone use that or something like it?

I really want to wax, now if I could just find a TG friendly shop.

Off topic, just got a pedi and a manicure today! First one, and no problem being in my male cloths, it's common, just had clear pollish instead of color.

Huggies!

Alissa

Hi Alissa,

I've used Nair for years and in the last few years, they've made some great progress with it. It's gentler and doesn't have that awful smell that lasts for days in the bathroom. :D

I start with stepping into the shower and washing myself from the waist down, to get the hairs all fat and saturated. Then, I towel dry lightly and set a watch where I can clearly see the time I start applying the Nair (this is key).

I apply a thick enough coat to coat all the hairs, but not a ton of it. I start at the bottom of one leg and work up to the top, then go to the bottom of the other leg and work up to the top of it. By that time, about 4 to 5 minutes has passed. In my case, 8 minutes is perfect and YOU DON'T DARE LEAVE IT ON LONGER THAN 10 MINUTES or you'll burn your skin and really be sorry.

I take 2 wash clothes and start wiping it off in the same order it was applied. You don't need to rub, just wipe it off and keep rotating the cloth. At some point, I have to rinse one out and wring it several times. As soon as I've finished, it's back in the shower to use clear warm water to rub/rinse them clean. After I've rinsed well, I wash my hair and upper body. Then, I'm all done.

Total time to Nair--about 20 minutes. It takes about 3/4 of a bottle to do me and I'm silky smooth for a few days after that. Even dark hair doesn't show for a day.

Yvonne

I have found that a reguliar razor is the best. I personally prefer" The Intuition Shaver" it is very smooth with the lotion on both sides of it. Electric razors don't shave close enough for me, and leave to much hair untouched. Waxing was a very bad expierence; lets just leave it at that. I found Nair to be very dissappointing; I thought it would do a good job, but it did not.

Melisa