• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Place To Say Something To Others!

JJ

• Forum Moderator

It was too hot for me today for post-it-notes. I will NOT answer Skype with video this afternoon!

And Dee Jay-I don't care what kind of blind that salesman is selling he's not getting in my door!

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JJ

• Sally

• Cyndee

• Carolyn Marie

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Donna Jean

It was too hot for me today for post-it-notes. I will NOT answer Skype with video this afternoon!

And Dee Jay-I don't care what kind of blind that salesman is selling he's not getting in my door!

Hey, I just found that Post-It notes don't stick very well in armpits!

So, no video on Skype tonight? Got it!

Actually, I'll have no audio or video...so, that's gonna make it a tad harder, anyway....

Donna Jean

• Forum Moderator

I'll give ya a call via the Arkansas phone company-just take this tin can with you and be sure you don't tangle the string

JJ

Ps Sorry I don't think I made you cry today. I feel like I let the side down!

• Forum Moderator

Why when you know the answers-understand the dance- does that black crow come settle on your shoulder and caw in your ear till you can't think or act without tears?

His presence robs me of hope, makes tomorrow seem a nightmare. Magnifies every worry and every fear.

I know that people care-and for that I am pathetically thankful for it keeps me from howling in despair-but today I cannot make the black crow go away or still his wretched caws.

Tomorrow I will be stronger-tomorrow I will have the strength to raise my hand to him. Watch him fly away as I hurl stones after him. But not today.

Tomorrow not today

I no longer have things of interest to say. And the things I could say are only the thoughts that consume my mind right now, and no one needs to be burdened with such words.

Guest Sam_P

Had to deal with that heat issue not too long ago. Called into work, an my boss wanted a doc's note. I'm like "so while I'm unbalanced and fading in and out of consciousness, you want me to drive to a doctor?" <_<

Sounds about right for legal processes! Counter-intuitive and inherently unhelpful!

Guest Sam_P

I no longer have things of interest to say. And the things I could say are only the thoughts that consume my mind right now, and no one needs to be burdened with such words.

Burdened!? We don't do 'burdened' around here Matty, you know that. *hugs*

Feel free to talk about what's on your mind if you feel like it! (Just like I'm sure you'd tell anyone else silly. :P)

• Forum Moderator

Hate to double post-sorry -but I guess I felt I had to say it but now lets say something better-something fun. My black crow should not echo in anyone elses ears. i am just spoiled by being able to come here and share

Share something funny now.

This is funy now-could have been awful

My 10 year old granddaughter was on her bike outside alone and decided to do what she had seen someone elso do-in spite of the scolding they got.

She clamped on her helmet and wobbled her way down the drive and launched herself down the long steep hill above the horse pen. Immediately realizing she was way over her ability to handle she immediately takes her feet off the pedals-which would be her only way to brake and prepares to bail but realizes that she's now going way too fast.

She manages to avoid the huge tree at the bottom of the hill and hits the horse pen fence full out She neatly sails clean over the fence with it's top strands of barb wire and lands in the soft grass. And when she comes in to confess all of this to me her first comment at the end of the story was -"Whew-at least I didn't land in that pile of manure!" (Such a girly girl) and she was most outraged that the biggest horse came over as she was getting up-took one look then turned his back and farted in her face! He was not impresed that the small flying human had not been armed with treats and expressed his disgust at the whole proceeding. She had expected some other reaction altogether.

And she was even more outraged when I started laughing at this elfin creature and her concern with horse manure instead of the potentially deadly barb wire and tree!

JJ

Guest Cowboy

Warning: Venting ahead. (ok more like a complaint.)

I sprung my ankle yesterday playing football with my younger cousins,

this mornin i had tons of work to do in my room cuz i got a new bed.

But i woke up with a killer stomach ache. also the reason i did not go to bed til 4 am

bout halfway into puttin my bed together my back and feet started killin me,

pourin sweat, and started to feel faint.

i ate, because i thought that was why but still after eating, laying down, & sittin in front of the ac

i still feel like im about to pass out.

My head, back, neck, stomach, and ankle are killin me.

finally i made myself get up and turn laptop on so i could do my school work so i logged in here.

but i called my mom and told her how i was feelin, and my grandma, and we have came to the conclusion

i am suffering from heat exhaustion. sad.gif

so now i have a sprained ankle and heat exhaustion.

Sorry if i ruined anyones day with my complaints but wow yall im bummed.

Hi Colton,

Sorry to hear you are hurting like that. Thats what we are here for. By all means, vent away. I would ship you a couple of ice packs, but it would take too long. Please take care of yourself as you can.

Hugs,

Opal

On my google chrome browser, Laura's has now made it to my top eight visited pages.

I sort of hope if my roommates use my computer, they'll click it out of curiosity, and I'll be outted.

But if they simply asked about it, I'm not sure what I'd say.

Though it is titled, "Laura's Playground Transgen..." so perhaps they wouldn't need to click at all.

Hmm.

Well, we'll see what happens. Usually they know to use my old laptop, which is also laying around in the living room. Usually I don't like people using my new laptop... though especially after this summer, with all the trans research I've been doing on it! Since I am completely in the closet about it all...

Also, I wonder if they'll think anything about the trans fics I've been adding to my delicious account. Usually I just add slash, which is why they both have links my delicious account, since we all like Kirk/Spock, lol.

Guest Cowboy

On my google chrome browser, Laura's has now made it to my top eight visited pages.

lol mine too. other pages include youtube, yahoo, twitter, google, myspace, and facebook.

funny thing is, this is the site i click on the most biggrin.gif

• Forum Moderator

Huggs,

Opal - Back from a thunderstorm

Hi Opal-We're taking ideas for tomorrow in the Pool party Please drop by and let us know what you'd lie. You are a;ways such a player!

Matty-I'm ready to hear anything you want to say any time

i am suffering from heat exhaustion. sad.gif

so now i have a sprained ankle and heat exhaustion.

Sorry if i ruined anyones day with my complaints but wow yall im bummed.

Colton , you know how do have a bad day as well as I do That's not a skill you want! I had a touch of heat exhaution myself this week but managed not to sprain my ankle too! Get some of the ladies to tend it make it all better for you. I heard they ave a soft spot for you over there! Till then have a much better day tomorrow.

Thank you JJ for that story well told! - tears of laughter streaming down my face. Just what I needed. Thanks again,

Love, Kat

Thank you Kat. She really is an elfin looking girly girl-still under 50 lbs at 10 -smaller than even any 8 year old in her school. She made up for the fright by secretly practicing with her Mom's makeup or the rest of the afternoon. Well, it didn't stay secret long. She actually ended up having a very bad day! Mascara doesn't make great tattoos-especially if Mom just splurged on a brand new special mascara.

I sort of hope if my roommates use my computer, they'll click it out of curiosity, and I'll be outted.

It'd be number one for me I fear!

That would be one way to come out w/out all the conventional "I've got something to tell you" stuff and the answers all right there too.

My granddaughter was in Vacation Bible School this week. A friend asked her to go and we said okay.They picked her up and dropped her off. I knew it was a baptist church & we aren't but all the kids in the area tend to go to all the VBS no matter which church they attend. Last night I was surprised when she brought home the announcement for the program tonight. It was not the church I thought but for one of the more conservative churches in this very conservative area. You know the bible is the literal word of God and taken very literally type. We went to the program tonight and it felt so strange and uncomfortable to sit there and know I was in a place were if they knew the true me I would not be allowed to be. I would be reviled and the friendly smiles would quickly turn to grimaces. It made me so sad. So uncomfortable. So unsettling to know that I am now someone others would see as an anathema unfit to share their space. And because they didn't know they were nice.

My granddaughter knows and thankfully did not out me in any way this week or tonight. She can be a very wise child.

Guest Sam_P

There is something to be said for this method of coming out to people... much less stress and worry in the build-up! It can also avoid the potential pitfall of making it an extra 'big deal' with an in-depth serious conversation. However, you inevitably lose the ability to focus what information they have, and how it pertains to you.

Also, I wonder if they'll think anything about the trans fics I've been adding to my delicious account. Usually I just add slash, which is why they both have links my delicious account, since we all like Kirk/Spock, lol.

:lol:

lol mine too. other pages include youtube, yahoo, twitter, google, myspace, and facebook.

funny thing is, this is the site i click on the most biggrin.gif

I use a speed dial add-on so Laura's has been on mine for a while. :P I'm sorta curious to find out what my most visited pages would be in order though.

Hi Opal-We're taking ideas for tomorrow in the Pool party Please drop by and let us know what you'd lie. You are a;ways such a player!

Thank you Kat. She really is an elfin looking girly girl-still under 50 lbs at 10 -smaller than even any 8 year old in her school. She made up for the fright by secretly practicing with her Mom's makeup or the rest of the afternoon. Well, it didn't stay secret long. She actually ended up having a very bad day! Mascara doesn't make great tattoos-especially if Mom just splurged on a brand new special mascara.

My granddaughter was in Vacation Bible School this week. A friend asked her to go and we said okay.They picked her up and dropped her off. I knew it was a baptist church & we aren't but all the kids in the area tend to go to all the VBS no matter which church they attend. Last night I was surprised when she brought home the announcement for the program tonight. It was not the church I thought but for one of the more conservative churches in this very conservative area. You know the bible is the literal word of God and taken very literally type. We went to the program tonight and it felt so strange and uncomfortable to sit there and know I was in a place were if they knew the true me I would not be allowed to be. I would be reviled and the friendly smiles would quickly turn to grimaces. It made me so sad. So uncomfortable. So unsettling to know that I am now someone others would see as an anathema unfit to share their space. And because they didn't know they were nice.

My granddaughter knows and thankfully did not out me in any way this week or tonight. She can be a very wise child.

Hi JJ!

I was petrified when I read about your granddaughter narrowly missing that barbed wire! I was about her age when one night I got scared and went running full steam into a woven wire fence with barbed wire at the top. Suddenly found myself lying on the ground with several small cuts. Have had other encounters with barbed wire, lost each and every time. Just hope she realizes how fortunate she was not to get badly hurt by that stuff.

Wonder if cheap mascara that clumps would still make good tattoos. If it does, I have just the thing!

Yes, there are several churches around here that some of their members would have no qualms about dispatching an 'abomination' such as myself if they knew.

Kind of miss speaking in Faire. Lets see, Evan's castle is in ruins, did the people in the dungeon get out OK, or do they need rescue? Are there any evils that are immune to Sally's trumpet? And what of the missing child that Evan spoketh? A fable to mislead, or perchance a new mystery to solve?

Huggs

Opal

Well, guess this is a double post, but with several hours in-between.

I am still giggling at the answers posted on the "Annoying Brother" thread !!!!!

You know who you are....

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Cowboy

Ohhh i have a mini update i shoulda posted sooner.

OK good news 1st: I am not suffering from heat exhaustion, dehydration, or any other heat related illness.

I spent all mornin at the ER and they said my white blood count was slightly elevated but nothing serious, and determined i have a stomach flu.

Bad news: There is a possibility it could be my gallbladder. If the meds dont clear up my symptoms, i have to go back in for more blood work, MRIs and all that oh so fun stuff. mellow.gif

Update on school: Monday will be my 3rd week. I am doin great, even with the internet mix up that made things difficult for a week.

I have a midterm exam the week of the 16th. Lucky me its open book, but i kno the info pretty well anyway.

Hi Colton,

We will certainly hope that it is not your gall bladder. You did the right thing by having yourself checked out now, rather than waiting.

Thank you for your update. Study well, and when you need a break, please drop in and stay a' spell.

Hugs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator

Ohhh i have a mini update i shoulda posted sooner.

OK good news 1st: I am not suffering from heat exhaustion, dehydration, or any other heat related illness.

I spent all mornin at the ER and they said my white blood count was slightly elevated but nothing serious, and determined i have a stomach flu.

Bad news: There is a possibility it could be my gallbladder. If the meds dont clear up my symptoms, i have to go back in for more blood work, MRIs and all that oh so fun stuff. mellow.gif

Update on school: Monday will be my 3rd week. I am doin great, even with the internet mix up that made things difficult for a week.

I have a midterm exam the week of the 16th. Lucky me its open book, but i kno the info pretty well anyway.

That is a mix of good and bad news Colton!

Heat exhaustion affects your heat tolerance forever and makes you more susceptible to heat stroke-so it's great it wasn't that.

Gall bladdery surgery on the other hand is relatively minor now-and I can't reccommend enough getting it done asap if it is that. I put it off for a very long time due to fear of hospitals and ended up with acute pancreatitis and pancreas damage. Not to mention my hospital bills were massive because it requires ICU level care. It didn't have to happen -just don't fool around w/ it . Feel free to ask if you have any questions

Glad to hear school is so great too.

JJ

On the good news front, I have been selling a lot of mattresses - money coming in at last!

I am now able to pay Lizzy a little and a little more each payday, she never asks but I just have felt like such a bum not being able to pay for much of anything.

Now for the bad news - still no word on my car, I think they have lost it and are trying to make another car look just like it.

Love ya,

Sally

• Forum Moderator

That IS good news Sally. I know independence makes an enormous difference in how you feel about yourself!

I once had a repair place take 6 months-they had to replace 4 quarter panel , a tailgate and a roof (really bad hail) but I finally had to threaten to file suit. Got the vehicle back w/in a week. The old sqeaky wheel thing. I hate becoming a squeaky wheel but hate being victimized even more. Of course that may not be the case here at all.

Have a fun day in naughty old New Orleans!

JJ

Hi Sally,

There have been those who have helped me in my life that I will never be able to begin to repay, but there have been others who I have helped out. I am really impressed at the major changes you have made in your life! Wish you the best, Dear!

Huggs,

Opal