• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Place To Say Something To Others!

JJ

Have two different doctors to contact now about HRT. One is an OBGYN, maybe both are.

Also have an appointment next week to get my wig and hair styled. May also do makeup if there is time.

Huggs,

Opal

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JJ

• Sally

• Cyndee

• Carolyn Marie

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cowboy

Have two different doctors to contact now about HRT. One is an OBGYN, maybe both are.

Also have an appointment next week to get my wig and hair styled. May also do makeup if there is time.

Huggs,

Opal

Im not into hair stylin but sounds great anyway blush.gif

Guest Cowboy

Important Announcement:

I am givin up on love.

I have came to the conclusion i will never find what i want and if i do i will never be able to be the best for her.

So i am done with love.

Cowboy

Oh Colton,

Don't give up on love because you are the best thing for so many - believe me if I was younger, I'd be looking for someone as great as you.

We tend to think about what we cannot offer and over look all of what we can and unconditional love is the best thing that you can offer to anyone.

I love you,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Important Announcement:

I am givin up on love.

I have came to the conclusion i will never find what i want and if i do i will never be able to be the best for her.

So i am done with love.

Cowboy

Hey, Honey.....

You still love me....right?

Dee Jay

• Forum Moderator

Huggs,

Opal

Have fun at your appointment! I keep checking to see if te other makeup pictures are in your gallery yet-and I miss the wig picture. You looked so good.

Important Announcement:

I am giving up on love.

I have came to the conclusion i will never find what I want and if I do I will never be able to be the best for her.

So I am done with love.

Cowboy

Colton,

You are such an awesome guy-some girl is gonna be very, very luck to have you some day.

You have a great heart and charm-that's what girls are really looking for.

When someone loves you then you are the world to them-just as you are. Because of WHO you are.

And that is enough for any girl.

Love Ya

JJ

Have fun at your appointment! I keep checking to see if te other makeup pictures are in your gallery yet-and I miss the wig picture. You looked so good.

Thank you JJ ! I checked, and all of the photos still appear to be there in the gallery. There were just the two photos from the Saturday makeup session. It was suggested to me that I pick up a few magazines so I could give the stylist some idea of what I wanted (passing) :) . With what I have found on the internet, I believe I am getting caught up in the 'mind games' that are played on women to make them feel insecure about themselves and feel compelled to spend a lot on different products.

There are a lot of things going on right now, so guess I had better leave it at that.

Huggs everyone!

Opal

• Forum Moderator

Okay Opal-maybe I just wasn't looking rigt. I've been eager o see them

The temperature just dropped 22 degrees from 108!

I know I've complained about the heat a lot but it as been the hottest summer here in 20 years.

And this unexpected drop is a very happy thing!

AHHhhh...88 degrees...sleeping weather!

Donna Jean

Any weather is sleeping weather for me - give me a bed, couch, chair or corner to lean in and about five minutes.........

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Any weather is sleeping weather for me - give me a bed, couch, chair or corner to lean in and about five minutes.........

Love ya,

Sally

LOL...and something spillable in either hand which never ends up spilled!

How DO you do that?...

Donna Jean

• Forum Moderator

Sally I'm so jealous-I can't get enough sleep even in a comfortable bed!

And as for spillable-I spill when I'm awake-falling asleep holding a cup would guarantee a rude-and wet-awakening.

I love my friends but sometimes they make me feel so inadequate!!

Love ya

JJ

Guest Donna Jean

I love my friends but sometimes they make me feel so inadequate!!

Love ya

JJ

Oh, JJ....don't feel that way....

Why heck, one night Sally dreamed that she was eating a marshmellow...

When she woke up....her pillow was gone!

Donna Jean

Dee Jay!

That was an old one!

As to how I don't spill anything I think it has to do with my eating disorder/religion - all food is sacred and no bite should be spilled or left uneaten!

Don't feel inadequate JJ, it is about my only talent.

Love ya,

Sally

• Forum Moderator

Thanks Dee Jay!

And Sally-CUT OUT THAT SELF DEPRECATION!! NOW!! You are a poet, have masses of your "kids" and friends who love you, have had the courage to transition and make a new life for yourself after being in the same place all your life and at a time many are just setting into a "this is the way it'll be forever" rut.

Don't you know when you can and have done all those things and say you have no talent that it makes all those wo look up to you and admire you and listen to you feel that if that is true they must be talentless indeed!

You are a singularly talented person-so be proud of it and take credit were credit is due! If you say self deprecating things enough you can make them true-and what a tragic waste of talent that would be!

Love

JJ

JJ,

I was just trying to make you feel better - you do know about all of your talents, don't you?

Love

Sally

• Forum Moderator

JJ,

I was just trying to make you feel better - you do know about all of your talents, don't you?

Love

Sally

Yes-I've got lots of talents I'm proud of and a few faults I'm not-but don't seem to want to give up:D

As far as actually feeling inadequate-maybe sometimes I just can't believe that the people I love, admire and revere feel the same way about me.

I suspect all trans people ave feelings of inadequacy from so many failures at being what they thought they were supposed to be.

But what I really mean by feeling inadequate is that I can barely manage 2 chats-or 1 Skype-while a certain person manages 5, or organize and admit my mistakes like a certain other person we know. And I certainly can't sleep with anything in my hands and find it there when I wake up. I fall asleep reading in the tub and my books prove my lack of ability in that department .

But I am proud of the talents I have.

Love you! (You have been self deprecating at times-just wanted to be sure you didn't head there again-you're too special for that)

Love

JJ

Guest Elizabeth K

If you have a friend who has a bloodglucose tester, extra strips, and an extra needle it might be worth testing to see if your blood sugar level is low.

Has happened to me a couple of times.

Huggs,

Opal

I am not a physician but I do have to test gluclose levels. Non diabetics can also do this.

I have never heard of any side effects to testing - it's like taking your own temperature - so I think this reply is allowable. A doctor charges for a visit PLUS 30 dollars to do this. BUT understand this is self-diagnosis (which is what we diabetics do everyday).

Borrow a friend's meter. Or...

Ebay - look for a 'diabetic glucose testing kit' - especially the ones with just a few test strips included - usually ten (all you need) They come complete, also have a prickking pen. The companies practically give them away - knowing you will have to keep buying those expensive strips ($1.25 each typically). You do not need a prescription.

Here is the range - if fasting the last 12 hours (like before breakfast)- 100 to 150 is usually about standard - that is base. After eating it goes up to usually the 200s, but sometimes less, sometimes more. If you are hypoglycemic (your bloodsugar is too low) it will show in the 60s range - THAT is what you are looking for - if you are passing out because of a lack of food - low readings.

If it gets down into the 30s - get to a hospital immediately because a coma can occur. If it goes into the 600's (hyperglycemic) go to a hospital because a comma can ocur. The insiduousness of glycose imballace is the sypmtoms are similar for too low and for too high. That's why it is necessary to test.

Watch for what is consistant for you. IF there is a drastic change - GO TO A DOCTOR. If your testing, even if fasting, seems to stay in the 200s or more - GO TO A DOCOR because that is an early sign of Diabetes Type II - which is easily treatable.

If you are queezy about getting that little dot of blood for the test strip (a needle prick to the finger tip) disregard this post.

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean

I am diabetic and do this everyday....

It's simple....

At WalMart you can buy a meter and a box (20) test strips for under $20.....

Donna Jean