• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Place To Say Something To Others!

JJ

I don't know if I want to wish you luck, Colton - it would sort of ruin my chances! :(

But we can still be friends, right? :)

I hope things work out for you just the way you want them to.

You know I love ya,

Sally

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JJ

• Sally

• Cyndee

• Carolyn Marie

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course! Best of luck hombre!

Got my FMLA papers faxed from the doc to mi boss so I can take leave and care for mi amore after she gets through labor. On the cover page, I missed the word "fax", so all I see is a fax from the ob/gyn center titled "Transitional Form." :huh:

Guest Cowboy

I don't know if I want to wish you luck, Colton - it would sort of ruin my chances! :(

But we can still be friends, right? :)

I hope things work out for you just the way you want them to.

You know I love ya,

Sally

lol oh its ok i understand.

you dont have to wish luck if you dont want to.

besides, i have a strong feeling shes not gonna give me a straight answer, or an answer at all for that matter.

never hurts to try though. lol

and of course we can still be friends! smile.gif

You know i was gonna send ya some chocolate milk. so i made it, put it in the envelope, and then...

uh... yeah it didnt work out so good. lol

• Forum Moderator

Good luck Colton. Hard to believe that cowboy charm hasn't won her over already.

I've noticed you have a few admirers here on site!

:D

JJ

Of course! Best of luck hombre!

Got my FMLA papers faxed from the doc to mi boss so I can take leave and care for mi amore after she gets through labor. On the cover page, I missed the word "fax", so all I see is a fax from the ob/gyn center titled "Transitional Form." :huh:

Hi Micha,

That is so nice for you to be able to help ( I am trying to remember if it is su amore or tu amore, please forgive me) at this time. Wish you the best on all of this!

Hmm, maybe I need to ask about getting a 'Transitional Form'. Might take over where the 'Carry Letter' leaves off.

Hi Colton,

Dee Jay may be pretty well healed up now, so be careful on the beach by the river. There may be a Super Soaker with your name on it!!!

Huggs all,

Opal

Guest Cowboy

Thanks for the luck everyone. Didnt help though. lol oh well.

We talked. She never gave me a straight answer. Just another "i dont know"

We're still friends. Its not that shes not worth fightin for, im just tired of wastin time.

*sigh*

Its ok. I honestly dont think i should add a relationship to my plate already full of responsibility.

Plus, bein single is kinda fun. wink.gif lol

• Forum Moderator

Single is better than being with the wrong person. I've been divorced 33 years. My ex was so wrong I didn't ever want to do that again:D

JJ

Guest Cowboy

Is that right, Big fella?

Hummmmm

Dee Jay

lol. yes. yes it is. more freedom.

i can look, flirt, and charm all i want without restrictions. laugh.gif

Being single has pretty much always worked for me.

Huggs,

Opal

yeah same here. Not sure what made me wanna jump off the cliff and change that last night. lol.

Single is better than being with the wrong person. I've been divorced 33 years. My ex was so wrong I didn't ever want to do that again:D

JJ

this is true. and part of the reason i decided to give up on one and keep movin.

whats the point of wastin time for the wrong one?

• Forum Moderator

There are so any tragedies in the world-so much pain for us that it doesn't seem right to grieve so for losing a dog. A year ago today. But she was closer to me than anything but a child. Brought me only love without pain or sorrow till her death. A piece o my soul was entwined with hers and I miss her as much today as I did a year ago when she left me.

She was Australian Dingo with some Australian Cattle Dog and you had to earn her respect and love. Not a pet-never servile. But a friend. A companion. She knew when to snuggle close and when to just sit beside. When to leap for joy and when to clown to make you laugh. I held her whenever I cried and now my arms are empty as I weep for her.

And worst of all we failed her-were ignorant that dingoes suffer from heart failure with weight-we shared too much with her-she didn't understand if we were eating something and she couldn't have a bite. It was too late when we realized what we had done and so with grief is guilt.

I wish I could share or describe what she was like She had great dignity in public-sat upright in the passenger seat of te car. And looked everyone deep in the eye-not as a challenge but reading what she saw there.

Pictures didn't capture her essence-this is thhe best I have. Someday Chris I will be with you again my friend!

1chris1.jpg

Someday Chris I will be with you again my friend!

• Forum Moderator

Sorry to bring the mood down with my post-but it did really help me to say what i feel-to ave a litle memorial.

BUT now lets engage in some Friday afternoon madness!

What have you done that was silly?

Or goofy?

Or just plain fun??

OR

Summer is ending soon -what is your favorite summer memory?

Mine is so simple-Eating homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh peaches in it on a warm summer evening. People took turns cranking it and it seemed to take forever before the ice cream was ready. It was made in a faded green wooden ice cream churn that sat in my old tin baby bath to protect the grass from salt that slosshed over. When it was finally ready the dash was lifted out and I got to lick it. No other ice cream ever tasted as good.

There are two other memories I treasure-running through the lawn sprinkler on a Texas sizzling July day. A delicious shivery mix of hot and cold.

And sitting in the deep shade of my great-grandparents house which my grandfather helped build and eating yellow watermelon hot from the field while others cooled in a clean stock tank full ice by the porch. Cold watermelon is good but watermelon warm from the field is sweetest of all. There was a murmur of voices as my great aunts rocked and gossiped while shelling black-eyed peas and the men sat on the steps and discussed the crops ripening in the fields.

Hi JJ,

That was a very fitting Memorial to your beloved friend Chris. Glad that you were able to get some comfort remembering him this day. Sorry, I just did not know quite what to say. My neighbors lost one of theirs, Bear, last winter and they grieved for quite some time.

I have been getting in quite a few walks this summer. Am up to about three miles now. Seems to really help with the weight loss. Sure do miss those tasty goodies, though !

Hugs,

Opal

Guest Donna Jean

Mine is so simple-Eating homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh peaches in it on a warm summer evening. People took turns cranking it and it seemed to take forever before the ice cream was ready. It was made in a faded green wooden ice cream churn that sat in my old tin baby bath to protect the grass from salt that slosshed over. When it was finally ready the dash was lifted out and I got to lick it. No other ice cream ever tasted as good.

JJ....Honey, you and I share some very close memories....

I did some growing up in Georgia...

The hand cranked ice cream maker...The grown ups would put a towel on the top and us young ones would sit on the top while they cranked..after a while yor butt got so cold that you could no longer feel it!

The tub, the salt, the vanilla and peaches...did it!

There are two other memories I treasure-running through the lawn sprinkler on a Texas sizzling July day. A delicious shivery mix of hot and cold.

Donna Jean

• Forum Moderator

Hi JJ,

That was a very fitting Memorial to your beloved friend Chris. Glad that you were able to get some comfort remembering him this day. Sorry, I just did not know quite what to say. My neighbors lost one of theirs, Bear, last winter and they grieved for quite some time.

I have been getting in quite a few walks this summer. Am up to about three miles now. Seems to really help with the weight loss. Sure do miss those tasty goodies, though !

Hugs,

Opal

Thank you Opal. I've had dogs all my 63 years but this one was unique- I suppose it was the dingo which is not domesticated anymore-but she was much more than a pet and none of the famiy can talk about her w/out breaking down even now.

Your walks must be wonderful in te splendid mountains. Good for you in every way! I'd die of heat stroke w/in a few steps here this summer! But fall and winter are on their way. Soon I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How could I have forgotten that dish towel and sitting on the top? My sister and I tried to nudge each other out toward the end because the last sitter usually got to hold the dash while we licked it clean. Thank you for bringing that back Donna Jean!

There were some things that were much more special in those "good old days"

Did you ever spend an afternoon chasing butterflies you never caught?

Or sitting on the curb with your nickle waiting for the first faint notes of the ice cream truck, struggling with the decision-would it be a Creamsicle, a banana Popsicle or a Fudgescile today? I can still vividly remember the taste of each.

Love

JJ

Hi JJ

Who is to say that our soul mates always have to be two legged? Your grief only shows the bond that was there. I have lost a few four legs in my 62 years to know the pain. It only shows how much of a bond there was.

Thank you for sharing.

Mia

JJ,

I want you to no longer mourn the loss of your beloved friend but celebrate the wonderful years together.

I have lived nearly 59 years without ever having a pet that could show me love or do more than recognize that it was feeding time - you had a companion!

Cherish the memories of the good times, we all tend to zero in on the bad things to recall - let them go and remember all of the things that Chris would want you to remember.

She does not want you to think of her and be sad, she wants you to think of her fondly and remember the joys of playing together.

Be happy for her sake and in her memory.

Love

Sally

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Mia! For understanding how it can be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Sally-I treasured every moment with her. Have been blessed to have had some very special 4 legged friend in my life. I hope some day you find that. They can bring something no human can and it is never too late to experience that love and total acceptance. The humane society ha thousands of animals waiting for some of that boundless love you have to give. Shelters do too but sometimes with shelters you can end up with problems that you don't want as a first time owner.

Of course you have to talk to your roommate about it, And there are times both of you are gone. But a small or smallish bread can stay in a large crate happily and comfortably while no one is home and live happily in an apartment.

But watch out-Huggy Bear may be really jealous!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opal-you made me so hungry for some fresh sweet corn! Mmm..Luckily I had just gotten some the day before. Not as good as home grown but still pretty satisfying.

Love

JJ

Well, just got back from a day on the mountain. Helped pour concrete and run a jackhammer. A couple of nails got badly chipped, but it was for a good cause for a non-profit organization so I can not be too upset about it.

JJ, if we can figure a way to ship you some ears of corn, would be happy to do so!

Hugs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator

Sounds like you had a fullfilling day Opal. Making the world a better place. You already do that with all your loving posts!

It's so hot here that corn'd be boiled before it arrived and the postal workers might not be able to resist the smell of fresh boiled corn on the cob, but i sure appreciate the thought.

Now that it came up again i'm going to have my last ear for lunch. It's that white and yellow mix kind. When I was living in Nebraska my neighbor didn't care and I'd pick field corn from the field beside the house. You had to get it early but it was good.

I want to wish everyone a good Sunday.

Love ya'll

JJ

Guest Donna Jean

Oh my...it was so hot here yesterday that I filled my purse with "Cold" from the fridge and when we were shopping I'd pull some out and put down the front of my blouse...

AHHHhhhhhhhhh!

Donna Jean

• Forum Moderator

Oh my...it was so hot here yesterday that I filled my purse with "Cold" from the fridge and when we were shopping I'd pull some out and put down the front of my blouse...

AHHHhhhhhhhhh!

Donna Jean

Now why didn't you tell me I could do that before??!! Here I've been wilting all summer............

Of course the purse thing is a no go for me, but there's gotta be something else to hold it.

John James

Sure wish I could store some of that 'Hot' for use about February around here!

It seems like whatever I might give at Laura's, I receive tenfold back in return!

Love you all!!!

Huggs,

Opal

Now why didn't you tell me I could do that before??!! Here I've been wilting all summer............

Of course the purse thing is a no go for me, but there's gotta be something else to hold it.

John James

John James! It's called a cooler! just add a 6-pack and a bucket of ice. biggrin.gif

Glad it was a cool weekend in Seatown. I just finished my last man project (I hope!) , tore off the roof from my shed and put on a shiny metal roof. It's still not done, but far enough to keep the rain out. A few finishing touches and I can grow my fingernails all over again.

Love, Kat