• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Place To Say Something

JJ

Towed? Oh, no!

I found out today that the owner of the Lexus hit in my accident last year refuses to settle. Apparently this person doesn't understand the concept "you can't get blood from a turnip."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyndee

• Charlize

• Ravin

• JJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bellsbellz

I kinda just want to go into a coma for the rest of my life since every time I sleep in my dream I am a woman and as of yesterday my most supportive person in my life is dead...I hate my life

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

I purged yesterday, bags and bags of old male clothes went out to the recycler bins. I looked at that stuff I have not touched in years, it had to go (finally), there is just no way I would ever wear that drab again. Especially the old male business wear, now all replaced with pencil skirts, tops, and dresses.

I received lot's of nice summer tops and shorts from Auntie over the weekend and her kindness, just pushed me into finally doing it out of neccessity.

My walk in closet is now all hers, my inventory dwarfs my soul mate's at this point.

Cyndi -

A funny with my 3yo. yesterday:

3yo: " Hello, sir!"

Me: " Hello, son!"

3yo: " I'm not your son, I'm your rainbow!"

Yes, yes he is.

• 4 weeks later...

It's Friday, so I get off early. The wife and I are going to do the shopping tonight so that we have more free time this weekend. We're getting mani/pedis this weekend, and maybe start trying to bring the furniture back into the spare room since our daughter and her family moved back out.

I'm feeling pretty damn happy lately :)

Guest otter-girl

Raining outside. Part of me wants to go out and part of me doesn't. Go for a walk in the rain. Stay comfy.

Comfy wins. Predictable probably. Starting week 8 HRT. Ever get a now what feeling? The vacuum after reaching a goal.

Sometimes I wonder if I have changed at all. Still have an inkling to run through the woods in the rain. Would need to change out of my casual dark purple SuperDry dress. Could do it in the dress I suppose :)

This is a place to say something..... "Something"... there I did it.

Had to ramble, sorry.

There have been a lot good posts in all the topics lately (this one of mine isn't one of them) and I have gotten a lot out of them. Thanks.

Hugs

Rachel

I went and saw "Guardians of the Galaxy" at a drive in yesterday (with a double header of Captain America two) and just at the end of Cap A, it started to rain. I wounder if there is a trend starting here?

• Forum Moderator

We had rain this morning but shortly will be headed to a wonderful sculpture park called the Grounds For Sculpture. It is on the old NJ state fairgrounds and is so beautiful. I've decided to wear a light black skirt that while knee length feel as much like being naked as anything i've ever worn. Cool day and hopefully we won't get rained on. It stopped here at dawn and hopefully will give us some time outside.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest otter-girl

In keeping with the theme, my coffee cup rained all over the kitchen as it slipped from my soapy hands, bounced off the counter, and shattered in pieces on the floor.

That was my singular favorite cup,

Aw Megan, that's a shame. I had just logged in to say something here on this thread. I do hope you find a nice replacement!

Got me thinking about crises (I had to look up the spelling for the plural of crisis es. Doesn't even look like a real word ). Crises big and small do leap out on us!

It's symbolically raining on me a little at the moment even if its just small stuff.

Like sitting on the toilet not long ago and actually debating weather to take my bra off as it was annoying me. I mean, I made it this far to the point of actually being able to wear a bra any time I like. I'm thinking thoughts like betraying my expression of femininity. Jeeze. Anyway, I'm typing this in a strappy top and no bra. The sun has had the cheek to come out!

Hugs

Rachel

I spent today cooking. This is my normal routine--I make a casserole or a couple of reheatable dishes every weekend, and that's what my wife and I eat all week. It's the only way I can fit yoga & workouts into my workdays--I work, go to the Y for workout and/or yoga, and get home about 8:00. With the weekend cooking done, I can get dinner & a salad on the table in ten minutes. :)

But today, for the first time ever, I canned! My large tomato garden (45 plants this year) finally produced enough tomatoes all at once that I had enough for 12 pint jars of preserved tomatoes. So my mom came over and walked me through it. It's not hard--just a long day in the hot kitchen. It felt awesome to watch those tomatoes grow from seeds I started in February, into successful plants, into beautiful fruit, and then into my kitchen, and now into my pantry. Twelve beautiful pint jars. I feel like a pioneer. :)

Hi just popping in for a minute. I want to remind all my girl friends to get your annual mammogram screening. Just do it! Three of my girl friends have been battling with it this year. If you need help with costs, state Medicaids do cover them as do community referral help programs. Keep calling and knocking on doors. You can find help. Love the breasts you always wanted and have. Keep them healthy.

I have no intent to be preachy. I was glad my this year report is clear. I just want to share the heartache of watching a friend go through it. Breast cancer is my worst fear in life so I sing my song. Hug. JodyAnn

Guest Faith gibson

Being burned by a hot plate, at a Mexican restaurant, on the inside of your arm, can hurt more than the inside of your leg touching the engine of a motorcycle. Having experienced both within a 15 minute time span, I consider myself an expert on the matter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DianeATL

A couple of weeks ago I had a bouncer really give my boy picture drivers license a hard look and finally shook his head and let me in. This weekend when I went to DragonCon to pick up my badge I handed my registration and my drivers license to the lady behind the desk. She looked at it and said, what's this, are you picking up a badge for someone else? My bestie girl friend was by my side and jumped in right away to say, nope that is her. I like that I am now so different that the comparison back to a male form is hard to make.

Hi just popping in for a minute. I want to remind all my girl friends to get your annual mammogram screening. Just do it! Three of my girl friends have been battling with it this year. If you need help with costs, state Medicaids do cover them as do community referral help programs. Keep calling and knocking on doors. You can find help. Love the breasts you always wanted and have. Keep them healthy.

I have no intent to be preachy. I was glad my this year report is clear. I just want to share the heartache of watching a friend go through it. Breast cancer is my worst fear in life so I sing my song. Hug. JodyAnn

For that matter, the same goes for the guys. Breast cancer screening, whether you like 'em or not, can save your life, and that everyone should be aware of.

Guest otter-girl

Not long back from the dentist. Filling replaced. Any updates to your medical info?, she asks... well er yes...

Guess I'm out to tmy dentist of 20 years now. She was very nice about it.

Time for a nice cup of organic tea.

Hugs

Rachel - Made it through another day.

• Forum Moderator

I remember coming out to my dentist. It took him a while. His assistants understood and were supportive right away. When i went back en-femme they whole staff made such a fuss over me. We chatted about fashion, makeup etc. Made me look forward to going to the dentist. That's a fringe benefit of transition i didn't anticipate!

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I had that experience at my cardiologist's office. There was a cheer when i gave them my new ID and insurance card. Everyone was happy to quickly change all my records. All smiles and congratulations. What a feeling of belonging on the right side of the dance hall.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest MostlySwell

I've been wondering about how to tell the dentist. Mine is very cool and the hygienist as well, but sometimes I think the hygienist is polite because it's her job to be, i.e. that she is far more conservative and right-wing than the clientele. Y'alls experience is encouraging.

I just jumped on to say that I went to a new barber, today--a REAL barber. I told him I was transitioning and needed a haircut that was "standard male" so as not to leave any doubts. (I was wearing a tie and fedora.) I've said this same thing to other stylists, as well, but today was the first time that I actually left with squared off sideburns. They're short, since I don't have whiskers yet, but they are definitely men's sideburns and not tapered to appoint. Yay!!!! Dude just got a repeat customer.

That is so cool about your new barber, MostlySwell! I came out to my longtime "hair guy" a couple weeks ago. I actually consider him part of my mental health team (along with my wonderful therapist and psychiatrist), not only for the talks we have while he snip-snip-snips and buzz-buzz-buzzes away, but for the scalp massage (a.k.a. shampoo) before the haircut. I asked him if he would cut my hair any differently now, and he said no--but I think he went quite a bit shorter on the sides after all, maybe as an unconscious result of switching my gender marker in his head. I love it!

Haven't come out to my dentist yet, but at my last visit in June, I had a brand-new hygienist. She greeted me with the female name that's on my chart, and I asked her to call me Cyd. So she proceeded to call me "Miss Cyd." Um, not quite...but one step at a time, I guess.

• Forum Moderator

Finding a person to cut my hair was one of the big challenges of my early transition. There is a traditional barber shop here in town but the guy has a rep as super conservative in an already conservative area and is of the buzz clip school of men's style. You can tell by looking who goes to him. I haven't. But the first place I had my mid back length hair cut had a fit and in spite of my explanation gave me a short women's cut. The next couldn't get lesbian idea out of their head I fear though she was excited as all get out to meet a transsexual. I had to spike my hair for a month after that because that is all it would do. Then there was the woman at WalMart-I was desperate by then-she kept trying to get it right but I ended up looking like a Marine recruit after a particularly bad cut for bootcamp. My daughter took one look at the visible clipper marks and said "You didn't pay for that did you". I had been so in shock I had. The woman quit cutting hair the next day I was told. Problem is my hair is very thick and fine but I have three areas of hair growth as opposed to the usual one and if not cut just right that uber fine hair stands on end and even the hair rubber gel from Japan won't hold it down.

Now I go to one of those hair clip places for guys that look like sports bar wannabes. One girl there does a great job and the others I can at least live with. Some there know my history from earlier in transition but they have evolved to just seeing me as one of the guys it feels like.

But you are very lucky to find a good barber right off the bat. As far as the hygienist-I've dealt with some medical personnel I could tell were not actually accepting but they were polite and respectful all the same. And I have also been surprised by people I thought would be upset or disapproving actually being accepting. It can happen that health care people can be rude but I think it is actually the exception and maybe just wait and see how it turns out is the best approach. Besides if the dentist is cool with it then his employee is unlikely to make her feelings known and lose him a patient.

Johnny

Guest MostlySwell

Oh my. What a story, JJ! I wonder if part of my "luck" has to do with there being so much more airplay in the media about transexual/transgender people? Also, Minneapolis has a large population of transgender people and the organizations that advocate for "LGBT" do not leave out the "T" part in their lobbying efforts and such.

I think you're right about the hygienist. And, yes, certainly not anything to put any energy into. I'm also intrigued by the frequency of being surprised by people who are or seem conservative. They either have a family member or know someone or in some other way, have had a previous "encounter" and they stepped up and dealt with it (or didn't need to "deal with it.")

Woo Woo!!! Megan! Please call JodyAnn for all your Medicare and Medicaid needs. Giggle. Just wait a day or two, as they beat me to death today...

My big gripe is the local medical community and a select string of doctors in my life that are complete bigots. I do know how to report them for all the good it will do. Look like a demigod, act like a demigod, is quite probably a bigot demigod. So hit the door you gurlyboy we have nothing for you!

My dear dentist that gave me pro gratis dentures was the meanest trickster. My denturist that is making my new teeth pointed out the covert defect. The good old boy dentist did not give me the size teeth or shade I wanted. He purposely gave me teeth so large it set the anterior radius larger that my span to my original incisors. The denture could never be used to comfortably eat with. And yes I have never ate a bite successfully with them.

The new teeth are small to correctly fit my girl jaw and bright white! He also is giving me payments. Thank you God.

I wont go on tirelessly about the other three doctors and those heart breaking stories. I think there is an AMA report out that if JodyAnn shows up, do your best to make her cry. I really don't care anymore so I will stop whining. Smile at you later. Hug. JodyAnn