• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
22 minutes ago, ElizabethStar said:

I find it interesting how trans-woman seem so emotionally stable compared to cis ones.

I think there's a couple reasons for that. One, we know going in what we're in for and we've got a LIFETIME of suppressing our emotions training behind us. Two, we're more stable week to week. My estrogen (and progesterone) levels never really vary. My body gets the same hit day after day. Three, we're not culturally conditioned to look at our hormones as an excuse to take our emotions out on everybody else. Four, we want people to like and accept us very, very badly. Do not rock the boat. So we deal with our emotions instead of throwing them against the wall. Five, we absolutely love what we've got going on instead of viewing it as a burden. Then again we weren't thrown into the deep end of the hormone pool and expected to swim.

My take on it anyway.

Hugs!

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning everyone! Haven’t had time for coffee this morning unfortunately. Apparently someone tried to break in the house last night. Thankfully ADT scared them off. Getting ready now to go meet with my two closest friends and coven sisters to plan their wedding ceremony. Have a wonderful day

@ElizabethStar I agree with Jackie on many of the points. A.) Our hormones are more regulated through medication, B.) We have years of training of suppressing feelings and emotions that are tough such as dysphoria, thus simpler emotions are easier to stuff stuff down, and, C.) We are looking for acceptance, thus I know I tend not to rock the boat as much in exchange I am hoping for stability and peace.

@JustineM That is terrible that someone tried to break in last night, thank goodness you do have an alarm to scare them away. Have fun with wedding planning, that should be some fun there.

@Jackie C. and @QuestioningAmber You both have very good points. I had one of the girls at work Tell me I seem a little too stable for a woman. So it got me thinking.  Why am I emotionally stable now that I have estrogen coursing through my veins? Well, now the answer is extremely obvious.

4 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I find it interesting how trans-woman seem so emotionally stable compared to cis ones.

4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

1. we've got a LIFETIME of suppressing our emotions training behind us.

2. we want people to like and accept us very, very badly.

I think these 2 statements in Jackie's comment are the biggest reason for the difference. At least for me!

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator

Short week for my yesterday was my Monday. Now I am already at Thursday today. I have Tues and Wens off this week. Thankfully, Because they are forecasting up to 12 inches of white crap Tuesday. This girl ain't going no where. 

Kymmie

Well today was absolutely great. Got the hand fasting ceremony completely planned. Even got some time to sit around and chat about makeup! First time really having girl talk with friends. The funniest part was that when I got there one of the first things mentioned was that I looked like I had nipples, (forms have them)  Now I got to help my boy with some homework.

• Forum Moderator

I recall when I was stationed at Lowery in Denver, we had a bad first snow on Labor Day weekend. Even had a plane crash on our closed runways trying to make it to Stapleton.  He would have made it too, but the gear hit the top of a cyclone fence.

Only the ski resorts appreciate early snow.  Still 80s here.

Justine must be nice to be able to be with friends and participating in girls talk .  My real nipples are bigger than the fake on my forms these days but I’m still not growing breasts. ?.  Trying to convince my endocrinologist to increase my hormones but so far he’s not budging.

Willow

The time in between emptying my cup and filling it is too long today. I am slow getting around after two days of exercise. I have a resistance gym and it is certainly working. Have a great day all!!!

• Forum Moderator

Well starting my weekend early. The boss changed the schedule to a Sunday so I got off at 2. So, right now in a skirt and string tank top. The wife and son went to visit my middle son. but they found out he wasn't home so they are coming home. Drive 180 miles with out knowing if some one is home. leave it to my wife.

Still forecasting the white crap heard anywhere from 4 to 12 inches.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
20 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Drive 180 miles with out knowing if some one is home.

Definitely a bad plan. Always check with the person you plan to visit before visiting. It's just polite.

On the plus side, girl time with no judgement!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Definitely a bad plan. Always check with the person you plan to visit before visiting. It's just polite.

On the plus side, girl time with no judgement!

Hugs!

I know that I cannot say anything unless I want a probable argument.

Not even girl time, me time.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

I recall when I was stationed at Lowery in Denver, we had a bad first snow on Labor Day weekend. Even had a plane crash on our closed runways trying to make it to Stapleton.  He would have made it too, but the gear hit the top of a cyclone fence.

Only the ski resorts appreciate early snow.  Still 80s here.

Justine must be nice to be able to be with friends and participating in girls talk .  My real nipples are bigger than the fake on my forms these days but I’m still not growing breasts. ?.  Trying to convince my endocrinologist to increase my hormones but so far he’s not budging.

Willow

huh, this didn’t post when I wrote it.  

I’ve been at work for half an hour and have already eaten a bowl of past and a hot dog. So hungry today.  Also, my computer took a crap and I’m waiting for IT to get here and fix it. I am still getting paid but I would rather be productive. 

I've started taking body measurements today since I started HRT last week so I can document progress and I have to say I am so excited because my belly is smaller than my waist for the first time in 20 years!  My diet plan seemed to be stalled from a pounds standpoint but obviously I'm continuing to burn off belly fat!  I'm working my plan faithfully even when I have bad emotional days and just want to gorge on cheesecake or chocolate.  My endocrinologist said the metabolism wise my calorie needs will probably be fully female in 8 weeks so gotta jam while the metabolism is high. I'm eating about 1500 calories a day to lose weight but once my metabolism changes that probably isn't enough to make progress and I can't imagine eating less. I really want this belly pooch gone before then.  I have about 2" more to go I think. (or 8-10lbs). I've switched from worrying about the pounds because I expect to lose muscle weight so that's not a good indicator anymore.  

On another positive note, I feel like my body has adjusted to the Spiro already and I'm not having to run to the bathroom every hour. lol

I don't really "feel" any different yet although my general happiness is evident.  Not sure if that's just the knowledge that I'm on the journey or the HRT.  I'm still on a half dose of Estradiol for another week then they double it so maybe then I feel things.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying some of the best weather in months. Coffee on the patio without fighting bugs or sweating is so nice.

• Forum Moderator

That is one thing I hated about being on Spiro. going so much and not going the other. I have lost muscle mass with my blockers.

I would have my coffee on the patio but I will need long underwear, boots, heavy winter coat, scarf, and gloves. most important thing would be something to keep my coffee hot. currently showing a balmy 22 degrees.

Kymmie

Morning girls,congrats on losing weight . I've been on hormones twice now.  1st time  8months, 2nd time  21/2 weeks. Both  times  I had that euphoric hi. I mean excited and totally happy. I stopped for about 3months. This time I've noticed my breasts are starting to grow faster. Wish my butt and hips would. I did the keto diet first time and lost 13lbs. Put it all back on after I quit hormones the 1st time. This time I'm not having any luck.  I'm on full dose and feel like you do. Good luck, wish you luck on losing the weight you want

22 minutes ago, ElizabethStar said:

I’ve been at work for half an hour and have already eaten a bowl of past and a hot dog. So hungry today.  Also, my computer took a crap and I’m waiting for IT to get here and fix it. I am still getting paid but I would rather be productive. 

I hate "Hungry Days". lol

I’ve noticed since hrt I’m hungrier now. Like I want to snack all the time I’m trying to avoid that. It doesn’t help when donuts show up at work like 3x a week 

48 minutes ago, Emily michelle said:

It doesn’t help when donuts show up at work like 3x a week 

I've banned food sharing at my biz for Covid reasons.  Seriously has helped A LOT of waistlines here. lol

I miss my chocolate chip cookies and brownies SO BAD right now :(

I kind of wish they didn’t show up lol. The food stopped for like a month. I don’t have enough will power to let them sit. It also seems for me when the weekend comes I eat more.

30 minutes ago, Emily michelle said:

It also seems for me when the weekend comes I eat more.

I was doing that as well because I didn't plan out my food for the days since I was home. Now I prep my food for the day as if I were working and pack it all up in a cooler.  Then when I get hungry or need a snack I hit my packed up stuff and control my eating that way. Same if I go out, the cooler goes with me.  It has really help me maintain progress over the weekends.  I still treat dinner as my daily special meal and put a lot of thought and prep into making it. It's still reasonable on calories but since I take the time to make it well, it feels like a daily reward.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 151 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • Stefi
    • awkward-yet-sweet
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

earthpatch
    Newest Member
    earthpatch

1. Anyatimenow
      Anyatimenow
      (23 years old)
    2. Aria00
      Aria00
    3. Ava B.
      Ava B.
      (24 years old)
    4. Claire Heshi
      Claire Heshi
    5. CrystalMatthews0426
      CrystalMatthews0426
      (41 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Here is where the expectation is that the stereotypical evangelical comes in finger wagging, disapproving and condemning.    Not gonna do that.   You have to work these things out.  Transgender issues put a whole different spin on everything and God understands what we are going through. I have enough trouble over here.  :)
    • Ivy
      You do you. You seem to be in a safe place if we end up with a 2025 situation.  But a lot of us are not.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, my marriage is different.  I'm actually part of a multi-partner marriage.  Like you see in the Book of Genesis.  My husband has four wives...and me.  I was kind of an accident, as our community sets the "reasonable maximum" at four wives, but that's a long story.  Plural marriage is approved in my faith community, with the exception of spiritual leaders, as described in 1 Timothy 3.  We believe that anything that isn't specifically prohibited is permitted.    The purpose of marriage is for people to work together, demonstrate the love of God, and to have children.  My faith believes in exponential reproduction - big families with lots of kids, both as a blessing and with the intention of using the size of our population for political ends.  Being intersex/trans and unable to bear children, I wouldn't have been a good candidate to be somebody's only spouse (the majority of our community tends toward traditional couple marriage).  Since my husband has other partners, I don't have to worry about the childbearing aspect, and I help out with raising our family's kids.  I'm a "bonus parent."    I'm not 100% open about my intersex/trans nature, although my community's leaders are aware of me.  Being transgender isn't condemned, but it is seen as a health problem derived from an imperfect, fallen world and an environment polluted with chemicals.  Since I'm married, I have a safe place to be, and I can live how I need to live.    I firmly believe the advice given in 1 Corinthians 7.  We don't totally own our bodies.  God gets a say, as I believe He created us to be male or female, not something outside the binary.  I don't think that transition without discussion with partners is OK....again, we don't totally own ourselves.  When I started to figure myself out, that was actually the main thing on my mind - will my partners accept me?  How will my position in the family change?  Since my partners don't really have a problem with the mild version of transition that I wanted to do, it has all been good. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Indeed.  While it seems like the majority of LGBTQ+ folks vote for Democrat candidates, not everybody drinks the Kool-Aid.  I'm a registered Independent, since I vote for individuals rather than party.  One of my trans friends is very pro-Trump - wears her MAGA hat and everything.  I find it interesting to see the reactions she gets... folks aren't always as tolerant as they claim to be.  Even on this forum, you get some real flak from Democrat voters....many will insist that the California way is the only way.    In my opinion, "Project 2025" isn't the real problem.  Check out UN "Agenda 2030."   
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      While Biden may be more friendly to trans folks, I'm not a single-issue voter.  I just can't choose a Democrat candidate, as I believe their actions will destroy my community and way of life.  Biden just announced that he wants to significantly increase capital gains taxes.  Maybe he intends to "tax the rich" but that is going to affect everything from land sales to grocery prices to the cost of electricity and even folks' retirement savings, as most companies make a large amount of their profits through investing in the market.  It is absolute lunacy to think that increased cost or reduced profits won't be passed on to the rest of us.  Things are going to get way worse at this rate.    Mostly, I vote in elections for state and local issues, as the national government is about as pleasant as a Porta-Potty in July.  So, either I'll do a write-in vote for president, or I'll check the box for Trump.  Anything but Biden.     
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Interesting...never knew any of this.  Of course, in my girl form I never got breasts, so I never had to worry about it.  A couple of pieces of tape would have been sufficient...      Sounds like fun   It has been interesting for me since I stopped trying to do sex like a girl.  The real surprise was my relationship with my husband, as he has figured me out pretty well. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Women's jeans, soft t-shirt that could go either way, flip-flops. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They were sitting on the love seat, looking west out over Kansas.  Below them the busy city ran to and fro.   "They called.  My surgery has been rescheduled for May 8.  I need to be there at 5 AM for pre-op.  I start prescriptions and diet change on May 1."   "Okay."  Bob did his not-thinking-about anything look.  Taylor was always amazed that he could  actually be thinking about absolutely nothing. She was always thinking of at least six things.   "How can they be like that?" "What?"  He startled a little.  Contact with reality was reestablished. "Where does the hate come from?  Mrs. McArthur?  She was always polite, but I think she wasn't really.  Somehow she hated me even though there were no indications whatsoever." "Yeah, well, you know they are starting up that plant.  And my company is going ahead with their work there, down n Milliville.   I will have to go down there sometimes." "Oh, Bob." "Maybe I will stop by and ask her." "No." "No.  Cabaret is closed, I have been told.  Your transgender support group has scattered to other places." "What is wrong with those people?" "Same thing as Roosevelt, I guess.  You know all the racial comments against Blacks?  Like that game where our cheerleaders started this insulting cheer, an the opposite team was mostly Black? Teachers stopped it." "I didn't know.  I was staying away from that, remember?" "Yes." "You know all those kids at our church, the ones you called freaks the other day?" "I shouldn't have called them that." "Pastor tells me they are all from all over the Midwest.  These are kids who have been thrown out of their homes and were found on the street.  Other shelters would not take them, so they wound up here." "Not surprising." "I think we could do some good here." "What do you have in mind?" And she told him.
    • EasyE
      You are spot on here ... but also it seems like such a rigged game for the average person that it's hard to invest energy into the political arena -- too much big money controlling too many people/organizations/narratives for the common person to fee; heard...   In general, why we in America accept either candidate is baffling... for all our innovation as a nation, we can't do better than these two bozos?    The problem is, the political arena is such a sham -- again with large money controlling all aspects of the system -- that a common-sense, love-your-neighbor, make-reasonable-compromises, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work candidate will never make it anywhere above the local level (if even there)...    Everything is a reality show, and boring ol' decision makers that try to benefit the most people don't generate enough clicks, views and retweets...  I am not sure it is so much about celebrity as it is about party politics at all costs - "my side must always be viewed as right and your side must always be viewed as wrong!" kind of thinking... there is no consensus building anymore because that will get used against you in campaign ads... When Obama took office and then Hilary ran again, it was like all Republicans want to do was to find someone loud enough to put them in their place. Forget issues, forget character, just win a debate and rally the base.    To get back to your original point, not enough of us care about politics ... and in some ways we've become fat, happy and entitled as a nation. The yearning to achieve the "American dream", which drove my parents and their parents before them to work their tails off and sacrifice and save, is now just "give me the American dream for free while I sit here on my phone and watch tiktok..."
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You are in the right place.
    • EasyE
      I am about 5 weeks ahead of you ... best wishes to you! For me it has been subtle changes at most so far (if any) ... but I am also on the "beginner's" level of patch, lol ...    Easy
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Oh, another comment.   I am a conservative evangelical with strong Republican leanings. So is my wife, my friends, my family. I disagree with a good amount of what the Republicans are doing, but there it is.  I understand the mindset, I think, a lot better than those who are outside it do.   When you insult Republicans you insult me, my friends, my family.   People like me can struggle with trans issues.   Please consider that in posting.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Then you are in despair.
    • MaeBe
      I found this as well. No playacting, they just appear: the finger waggle wave; bracing my elbow on my other arm that's folded across my chest, wrist in the air half-cocked; walking a bit more fiercely... All that. My wife thought I was mocking her at one point!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I find my lack of time to read the thing frustrating, and I will not really comment until I have read it.  This is a wholly inadequate response.   1.  I think there are some legitimate concern.   2. Thoroughly discussing this will consume many threads.   3. I disagree partially with @MaeBe but there is partial agreement.   4. The context includes what is happening in society that the authors are observing.  It is not an isolated document.   5. Trump, if elected, is as likely to spend his energies going after political opponents as he is to implementing something like this.    6. I reject critical theory, which is based on Marxism.  Marxism has never worked and never will.  Critical theory has problems which would need time to go into, which I do not have.   7. There are groups who have declared war on the nuclear family as problematically patriarchal, and a lot of other terms. They are easy to find on the internet.  This document is reacting to that (see #4 above).   8.  Much of this would have to be legislated, and this is a policy documented.  Implementation would  be most likely different, but that does not mean criticism is unwarranted. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.