• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

With nothing to do I worked on the wall. I was on a ladder in these heels.(please don't tell my wife I was on a ladder again) I didn't plan doing it today, but I was really bored

and it was rainy and cold out. I got 8 more instruments to hang down here, but not sure where I want them to hang, but the "Wall" is starting to take shape.

TodayC.jpg

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy back, I will be more active in our community, there are people out there that need an old trans lady to go to

bat and try to open a better life for us.

I am Trans, I have feelings as others, I am productive, I hurt no one, I am me.

I am LindaMarie!

How dare you wear my clothes! Ever hear that from G.G. 'S (genetic girls) My reply was always the same, these are my clothes, not yours.

1 hour ago, Linda Marie said:

How dare you wear my clothes! Ever hear that from G.G. 'S (genetic girls) My reply was always the same, these are my clothes, not yours.

I’ve actually heard that from my wife a few times. They are legitimately my clothes and have caused a couple “hard” conversations. 

I was learning sax, played a mean version of Michael Jackson's Beat It, It came crashing down when I chose to play

as Linda, yeah, but still I stood tall. And still I played the song. 

LM pink Dress SAX Let us Boogy ~  08.07.15.JPG

LM Sax # 1 ~ 08.07.15.jpg

One of my go to tricks when faced with questions forced on me by haters was, how do I explain something I don't

even understand. They left me alone, went their way, and I was happy they were gone. 

Moral of this little story is, learn to duck and run, you can't talk to haters.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

Yeah, that happened with my spouse and I too. We bought matching shirt/overshirt combinations for our anniversary. They're lovely. Unfortunately, they're only lovely on me, they don't look good on her at all. We've got a couple of pairs of pants like that too.

I don't think anybody's bothered me outside the house though. Then again, I look magnificent. ?

Hugs!

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I’ve actually heard that from my wife a few times. They are legitimately my clothes and have caused a couple “hard” conversations. 

Want to hear something funny. Before I transitioned my mom and I shared my tee shirts. I didn't mind her wearing my shirts if she wanted. But now that I'm transitioning, she tells me No! I can't borrow her cloths. So not fair!!!. lol

Oh yes, but I look good only to me, or at least I think that. For what it is worth, I'm moving into a whole new

direction here. You know, a little bit here, a little bit there, and so forth, the main thing is if I survived all that, and so can others.

Hugs,

LM.

OMG, my wife and daughter borrowed my new still in the packs panty hose once.

Life can be good at times. 

@Linda Marie I love the wall of guitars. I hope to do something similar after my wife gets the rest of her things from that spare room. Not that i am in a hurry for that. I just feel like I am dying a death of a million tiny cuts.

I decided I wanted to learn a new instrument so I purchased a violin. So far I sound like I am murdering a cat with a fork but I will get better..... I hope.

Rachel

You will get better after you kill the cat. 

I had a long talk last night with my wife. Going forward she is going to refer to me (her idea) as her signification other. Of course I would prefer wife but at least it's no longer husband. I also have a little more clarity as to what her exact problem has been with me since I came out. It's actually quite simple. She feels as though I am stealing away her identity as the woman of the relationship. I tried to explain that, obviously, I'm not but I don't have the right words to get through to her. And lastly, She feels I a better looking woman than her. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I see my therapist tomorrow. Hopefully they can give me some insight for working through this.

Sorry about this late night post, but sometimes after hours we really get to know each other. My voice is not

the best, but at least you can hear it now. Blue on Black.

To Elizabeth. Yes so true. I went through the same stuff. I gave up trying to explain, I just sat back and waited for the worst to come. I still maintained her identity concerning her friends and what a husband is supposed to be.

Still, all I thought I was really nothing to her but a status symbol. Things are different now, but it was a very rocky road, I lost all my friends, and she was more worried about losing her friends. I don't blame her, people need friends. I found out the hard way.

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

My voice is not the best, but at least you can hear it now.

Maybe, but you really make the guitar sing.

7 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

She feels as though I am stealing away her identity as the woman of the relationship. I tried to explain that, obviously, I'm not but I don't have the right words to get through to her. And lastly, She feels I a better looking woman than her.

Yeah, I've been through this too. Especially since I started taking better care of myself. It took a couple months, but my wife got used to the idea that I still adore her and have no plans to change our relationship dynamic. If anything, I'm more attentive than I used to be, so she's a little spoiled...

Hugs!

**places down coffee cup**

Good Morning All

@Elizabeth Star That is rough on how your wife feels regarding the jealousy with the wife. Hopefully by being there for her, like Jackie says, she will come to appreciate you as you may become more attentive than to her. I do know that we haven't come to the discussion yet of what I am going to be called with other people as I come out socially. I kind of am on the same wave length as you, where wife would be more affirming, but I would take the significant other as well.

**sips coffee**

Yesterday kind of was a let down, we were going to plan a beach trip with some friends, but the plans fell through because one friend didn't know her schedule yet, and won't know it until closer. She also isn't as interested in the trip until we come up with a potential itinerary because she doesn't just want to go to the beach everyday. I also don't just want to go to the beach everyday myself, so we have to come up with a list of other things to go do during the day. I am trying to figure out now what we are going to do for vacation, I don't think we have ever done a vacation just the wife and I.

**sips coffee**

Today is also therapy day for me (the second one of the week). I am starting to wonder if a decent topic would be learning to explore myself and see what has changed or what is mine, and not things pushed on me by other people. I also need to figure out how to build the confidence of going out as Amber and not feel like it is a negative thing when people look at me. I think confidence would be what I need.

18 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

One of my go to tricks when faced with questions forced on me by haters was, how do I explain something I don't

even understand.

Yeah.   Kinda hard to explain to a cis person… even if they actually want to understand.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

fell asleep last night to the sound of a distant thunderstorm. 

@KymmieL baby steps!  Sounds like you took one.  I agree don’t push it if you are finally making some progress.

Funny thing about women and their clothing.  I keep getting this “you’ve got more clothes than I do and you’ve spent more in clothes than I have.  The problem is I don’t actually have more than she has, but since we wear basically the same size tops, she keeps giving me hers that fit me better than the fit her.  So, I get her hand me downs in tops and long dresses.  Long on her is just below the knee on me since I’m 10” taller.

Enjoy your weekend whenever it starts.  This is my group meeting weekend.

Willow

I'm thinking it will be a quiet day at home for me.  I should  go to the laundromat, but I'll probably procrastinate again.  It's one of my specialties.  But I was out yesterday, and I'm not quite out of clothes yet.

Had a good time yesterday.  I met up with one of my cis allies at one of our pre-pandemic haunts.  I'm double vaxed now.  It was nice to just sit at the bar with a beer and chat.  I really missed it.

Seemed like a good time to get back out into the world since it was visibility day.

My son's family invited me over for Easter.  Two of my daughters will be there with kids.  That should be nice.  I'll try to have clean clothes by then.  LOL

3 hours ago, Jandi said:

Yeah.   Kinda hard to explain to a cis person… even if they actually want to understand.

I have found this to be a problem as well. You think they understand, but the next time you talk to them it is obvious they didn't get it. I have told some of them I feel like I'm trying to explain color to Helen Keller!

Hugs,

Mike

14 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I see my therapist tomorrow. Hopefully they can give me some insight for working through this.

While you may some work to do, it's really your wife that has a lot of work. It's her insecurities that are fuel her her reaction so she has to explore and work on those.  You can be supportive of that process, but it's up to her.   Congrats though- thats a big breakthrough 

Well today was a bummer. I had laid out a nice spring skirt, blouse and walking shoes for a walk on the greenway, and while enjoying the morning coffee I stepped outside and blam, windy and cold. Darn, finally got both shots and now the weather keeps me trapped, oh well, tomorrow may bring a better day.