• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

23 hours ago, AmberM said:

I am really happy with the way it turned out. I am also proud that I survived the whole time out just being me. i think I only got a single odd look the first time, but nothing was said, and it was a quick longer than a second stare "I think" kind of thing. In the end it didn't bother me. I will say though I did get out of the area like a bat out of hell because I felt uncomfortable with some of the people that were around there. I think I also just hit my quota for the day.

Way to push yourself Amber, and good job knowing your limits! Quit while you're ahead they say.   How do you like your new hair style?  

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

How do you like your new hair style?

I love the new hair style, it feels great to me because it feels more like me than I have been in the past. I did a gradient look with the highlights, which I think will be very nice as I start dressing as the real me more.

So this week I am going be telling my dad and stepmom that I have reached the point where I am going to be moving to Full-time here soon. With that, it will be the first time they will see me in femme mode, but I am not going to do something super drastic like wear a dress as I don't want to push too much too fast with them. In talking it over with a friend, I think it will just be a cute top, jeans, light makeup, and a new necklace I just ordered kind of thing.

I am looking forward to therapy today, because I think we are going to talk about the shift to going full time and see if my gender therapist thinks it is a good idea. I talked to my other therapist about where I am at and she supports it, but I want to talk more with the gender therapist about it as well.

3 hours ago, AmberM said:

I love the new hair style, it feels great to me because it feels more like me than I have been in the past. I did a gradient look with the highlights, which I think will be very nice as I start dressing as the real me more.

So this week I am going be telling my dad and stepmom that I have reached the point where I am going to be moving to Full-time here soon. With that, it will be the first time they will see me in femme mode, but I am not going to do something super drastic like wear a dress as I don't want to push too much too fast with them. In talking it over with a friend, I think it will just be a cute top, jeans, light makeup, and a new necklace I just ordered kind of thing.

I am looking forward to therapy today, because I think we are going to talk about the shift to going full time and see if my gender therapist thinks it is a good idea. I talked to my other therapist about where I am at and she supports it, but I want to talk more with the gender therapist about it as well.

I'm not at the stage yet where a hair salon will be much help. As you can see in my new pic every day is a bad hair day.

I agree, take it slow with loved ones. I think they need the most time to adjust. ?

• Forum Moderator
On 3/27/2021 at 11:07 AM, Linda Marie said:

When I came out, I  didn't know if I just lost my whole family and all I worked for. I was a mental wreck. Then

the mental roller coaster, darn, that was a trip into a very dark place. 

When I read the posts here on what others are going through right now in their life, all I can say is,

Welcome to this new life, and except the outcome. That will help you to become stronger in your 

decision. 

Love, LM

Good morning everyone,

Being away for several days really shows how active this great forum is, because theirs so much activity and catching up is near impossible. I love each and everyone of you because of the things you've shared, the advice, and care you've given. The coffee:coffee: is HOT, black, and strong.

@Linda Marie your most resent contributions touch my story very close. Other than the musical part! I'm so non musical, two different preachers have asked me not to sing. As my weight and size diminish with age and transition, my personal self defense and awareness has not changed. I'm in better shape physically now, than I was in my 50's and early 60's, like you when I'm out and about I carry several different forms of self defense items. I do have my CCW permit and stay proficient in the use of these items. Yesterday afternoon my wife sold our kitchen table and chairs to a woman in the inner city of Indianapolis, who didn't have the means to pick up the furniture. She made a very compelling request to pay extra for us to deliver it, but she couldn't afford much. We agreed to deliver it and once we plotted the address in our GPS, my Suzie asked if I knew how bad that part of town was? I confirmed yes, it's bad. She asked if we should go? I assured her that we would be there mid afternoon, and would just have to be very aware of our surroundings and situation. We agreed that we would visit with to buyer and settle on a price once when got there. To say that we were noticed and monitored by the young people in her neighborhood was an understatement, and unsettling. Suzie and I are in our mid-sixties, so when we say this woman was elderly, it was not an over statement. She was 87 and living alone in a house her late husband paid off, several years ago when he passed. Her name is Erma, and she had to sell their dining room set, to pay the property taxes.  We didn't just drop off the kitchen set, we rearranged her dinning room at her direction so she could easily get around all sides of the table and chairs. When she left the room to get her money, Suzie asked if I was okay with what we were doing, and where we were. I said I'm cool with what we're doing, but we really shouldn't stay much longer. When Erma returned with her pocket book, and started counting out way more than our asking price. Suzie asked her to sit down with us and talk about her needs and wants. Suzie counted the money Erma gave her, and returned half of it. Erma's pride would have nothing to do with us cutting our price. Suzie said she should use the returned money for a church donation, if she felt compelled to spend it.

You never know when when life's activities will make you feel better. Suzie and I left under the scrutiny of her neighbors, and relieved to be heading home. Being kind is a lifestyle. Feeling vulnerable is new to me as I was presenting in a very androgynous manor, I'm sure we were perceived as a lesbian couple delivering used furniture.

Hugs,

Mindy???

Hello, and Good Morning everyone.

I woke up this morning after an intense dream and I wanted to share it on Facebook so I wrote it out and then because of the fact that I did see a picture of myself in the dream referencing my transition I wanted to post it on this forum somehow, but I'm not sure which category to put it into..

That impulse led to me now wanting to try to be active on this forum.  As this post title itself is, "good morning, coffee's on..." I'm about to go and get a cup to start completing my wake up, and grab a shower.

I might post my dream in General or Poems? I'm not sure.  It's self-transcendent...

Hope everyone's having a great start to their day..

With Love,
~ Brit

• Forum Moderator

That was quite the night!  High winds and heavy rain.  We woke up this morning with no power.  But the generator gods looked on us with favour, because the generator started on the first pull.  All is back to normal now.

Breakfast was two pieces of toast, cooked over a Coleman stove, and a cup of tea.

Not me wanting to go by Elyse full time, I swear. Nor is it me not doing so cause I lack a decent middle name to go with it.

...except it is and I am. 

I love that post Kathy, gosh so many times we had to heat up water and soup on the Coleman stove.

My wife would say we were at the head and toe, meaning we just had enough  hot water for face and bottom. 

So where am I at today. First, enough of my gloom and doom from my past, enough is enough.

I have never been to my banking institute as Linda yet. So my fashion manager(wife) is working on that right now.

Dressing down, no in your face stuff, just ease in, they already know, but make it easy

on them, make them comfortable, gosh, my wife knows more about this than I do!

Good morning all, I am giong to get my second covid vaccine today. i may pop in from time to time but my work schedule makes it hard to do so.

• Forum Moderator

Brandi, long time no hear girl. It's all good.  Stop in when you get a chance.

Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator

Well I  definitely know that my middle son is on my side. I sent him a text letting him know what his brother told my wife. To say he is pissed off is an understatement. 

He is going to lay into him about him getting involved. 

Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

He is going to lay into him about him getting involved. 

Good. May your eldest listen and realize that he's being a jackass.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hello @Britany_Relia!   Please post your thoughts. You can start a new thread or if you want to keep it so only members can see it, create a blog (link at top of page).  That's great that you want to be more active here.  As you see there are lots of friendly folks like you! 

@BrandiBri I've seen you pop in and out and I assumed your work schedule was more intense than it was previously.  Take time to post and smell the roses!

Good luck with your bank visit @Linda Marie, when it does happen.  I'm sure it will be a complete non-event!

@KymmieL I'm happy to read that one of your sons is in your court.  Hopefully that will spread to the others.  

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

m

My wife and I went to church together for Palm Sunday.  Then she said about Sunday School.  Since she was hesitant about getting out of the car, that surprised me.  Yes I’ve been going to both but wasn’t sure she would.  Then Monday we had a meeting with our minister.  That went pretty well too.  

in the afternoon I went to the marina and worked on my boat.  I didn’t get a lot accomplished but ran into a number of people. Some I knew and some I hadn’t met yet.  

quite a weather change here, 88 on Sunday to low 40s this morning and frost expected later in the week. I thought I was in the south.

hope everyone has a good day

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

88 on Sunday to low 40s this morning and frost expected later in the week. I thought I was in the south.

LOL

That is The South.  At least this time of year.

Good Morning!

So yesterday was a slow day at work, but was able to chat with people during the day, so that was kind of nice. Then I had therapy, which went well. My gender therapist fully endorses my plan on coming out at work next week. He thinks the more that I come out, the better I am going to feel, or is hoping that is the case. We also talked about something interesting regarding the sense of safety I have being out as Amber here recently. The more I go to my old normal places, I no longer feel the sense of safety, at least emotionally safe. His reasoning is I don't have anybody there like me there, nobody else that falls under the queer flag, so I will feel like an outsider and vulnerable. I might write a post about this topic, so come back for more fun!

2 hours ago, AmberM said:

He thinks the more that I come out, the better I am going to feel, or is hoping that is the case. We also talked about something interesting regarding the sense of safety I have being out as Amber here recently. The more I go to my old normal places, I no longer feel the sense of safety, at least emotionally safe. His reasoning is I don't have anybody there like me there, nobody else that falls under the queer flag, so I will feel like an outsider and vulnerable.

For me it does get easier the more I do it.  

Tomorrow is International Transgender Day of Visibility, and I'm planning on going out since I've had my 2 shots now.   I'm planing on meeting a (cis) friend at a place we used to go for beer etc.  I was already out at the time, but it's been like a year since I've gone much of anywhere other than necessary errands.

Just felt like being "visible" for a change.

I got my second shot today also, after 11 months of being stuck at home I can finally get out.

I was going off the deep end being stuck at home. I think it really shows here. I look back at my posts and I'm 

like, gosh I've turned myself into an alcoholic making a fool of myself here. 

Next week will be scary, I have my appointment for lung cancer screening, I'm a long time smoker, over 50 years.

I do have everything in order, will, financial business and all that stuff. Anyway, now that I got my second shot, I will

be out in the real world again with fresh new pictures. 

Afternoon all. Have been so busy. Had to fly passengers from Mi to Orlando, Fl.

The next day to Meridian, Ms get fuel then to Stillwater, Ok, refueled again then Landed in Eagle, Co. The plane was so heavy. The next day flew back to Mi. Home for 3 days then fly back to Eagle, Co.

1 hour ago, Linda Marie said:

I have my appointment for lung cancer screening

Yikes!  Hope it goes well for you.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all. TGIF for me. I think I finally made some headway with my wife. I will be Kymmie at work, and other times. but then the male me at other times. I guess that love has won again. Also if I wanted she would call me Kym. but haven't decided on that one yet.

Nothing from our oldest son. Not sure if we will or not. I don't know how much his brother laid into him.

Have a great day.

Kymmie

*places coffee cup down*

Good morning everyone. So yesterday not much is going on, another fairly slow day at work. I am realizing that I am getting exposure to more people which is kind of concerning me, because does that mean I have new people that I will have to come out to when I do so in the coming weeks? I don’t know if I am going to remain in contact or if it is one off while we wrap up planning on this multiyear project, I am a part of. Just some thoughts that I am having.

*sips coffee*

I feel pretty good about the group I am starting locally, I got more new members from last night’s support group. I am surprised (I don’t know why) that people are enjoying the chat that I created and are interested it seems. I am waiting for it to reach a time where I can come out on Facebook and see how many I can organically grow my group and hold different events. I really want to create a unique social group that we can meet up, and grow our confidence with each other then branch out and hopefully be more confident in general because we already developed our sea legs within the safe space.

*sips coffee*

It looks like it is going to be another slow day for me though. The only exciting thing going on is I get to possibly book the beach house that we are going to with some friends this evening. I guess that is something exciting in the end.

Hope you all have a great day!

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Good morning all. TGIF for me. I think I finally made some headway with my wife. I will be Kymmie at work, and other times. but then the male me at other times. I guess that love has won again. Also if I wanted she would call me Kym. but haven't decided on that one yet.

This is good news Kym,

I would think that if she's willing to call you Kym, then being Kym around her should be no problem. Does she see you in your work uniform? Is your name tag pinned on or embroidered?

@AmberM that's great news. You're expanding your support group.

Best wishes, stay positive and safe,

Mindy???