• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

So, I'm on my way out to my first pride event. Decided at the last minute to go fully as Heather, in a dress, first time in public, but I figure there's no safer venue than a pride festival. Excited, but super nervous!

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Heather Nicole said:

So, I'm on my way out to my first pride event. Decided at the last minute to go fully as Heather, in a dress, first time in public, but I figure there's no safer venue than a pride festival. Excited, but super nervous!

Yay @Heather Nicole!!! Have fun. I am excited for you! cant you tell by all of the exclamation points!!!!!! LOL

But seriously. It is the best possible place to be you. Enjoy the freedom and let us know how it was for you.

~Rachel

Dreams do not come true, miracles do not happen, prayers are not answered. The pain I feel now will never go away. I will go on but I will always feel the pain. It may get covered over by the years until it is nothing but a dull throb, but touch it once and it will flare up just as painful as it was years ago.  I will always hope, because with out hope what is there worth living for? I will count each disappointment and continue to hope that despite everything maybe this time…. a dream will come true.

But not today…..

~Rachel

Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully a day with out tears.

34 minutes ago, BrewessJ said:

and go shopping for some new clothes (I dream of shopping for myself as my female self), be visible and be myself!!!

Do you have any girl friends /sisters that you are out too? (sorry I don't know your whole story.

If so, take one and go to some thrift stores for your first clothing shopping experience. Thrift stores are great because you can try a whole lot of different styles/sizes and they are cheap. I remember my first true thrift store day with daughter and ex wife I walked out with a shopping cart stuffed for under $300. Having someone with you the first time is always good. Otherwise you are more likely to just grab something in a hurry and it won't be right for you. Having the girl friend critique and actually help pull things of the racks for you is invaluable.  Now I take them just because it's so much fun shopping with someone, taking turns in the dressing rooms to model for each other or hell, just to help with a zipper ;).   

Go have fun with your homework.  I suggest also going to Sephora and asking for a makeup lesson- they used to have a whole program to help trans girls learn. (careful though, their makeup while great isn't cheap. My "starter" kit was over $300! I'm still using everything except the brow pencil though so it lasts.

4 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I just got back! I had a great time!!! I got sooo many compliments on my dress! The event was put on by the nonprofit that my in-person trans group is with, so I was able to meet up with all my friends from group while there.

Here I am just as things were wrapping up:

https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/14697-20220611_1553010_cropjpg/

They had a lot of great vendors there. The bag on the ground next to me is something I bought from one of them, and it's filled with goodies I bought from some of the other vendors. @Elizabeth Star There was one artist there you would have gotten along well with. She was selling metal-link jewelry she makes by hand. I got one of the keychains she had:

20220611_172813_2.thumb.jpg.b1121cbd54b106b1dbb78d94e2651700.jpg

I spent entirely too much money (Not that I regret it! 😁) Some of the other cool things I got:

20220611_173309_2.thumb.jpg.85c552ed1924953b86b9b1309d294855.jpg

4 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

Yay @Heather Nicole!!! Have fun. I am excited for you! cant you tell by all of the exclamation points!!!!!! LOL

But seriously. It is the best possible place to be you. Enjoy the freedom and let us know how it was for you.

Thanks! I'm sorry you're having a rough time, though 😭

I haven't been this nervous in forever (which is saying something given all the transition issues lol). I'm hosting my first Open House tomorrow!  It's only a rental but it's a luxury townhome. $4000/month. Our office has two other homes on the same block that are for sale so the leasing agent suggest I hold an open house at the same time they were just to get practice at showing people around and talkinging to them. I'm likely going to get at least half the people who are looking at those two other homes ($1.2 million) drop in to just see the floor plan variations. some may just be people who like to see other people's houses but some may be unrepresented people just starting out thinking about buying or selling.  I'm absolutely going to obsess all night about what to wear. lol.

Just now, Bri2020 said:

I haven't been this nervous in forever (which is saying something given all the transition issues lol). I'm hosting my first Open House tomorrow! 

Congratulations! I'll say "Good luck!", but you don't strike me as someone who will need it!

8 minutes ago, Heather Nicole said:

I got one of the keychains she had:

Did you happen to get her contact info? I love those keychains

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

Dreams do not come true, miracles do not happen, prayers are not answered. The pain I feel now will never go away. I will go on but I will always feel the pain. It may get covered over by the years until it is nothing but a dull throb, but touch it once and it will flare up just as painful as it was years ago.  I will always hope, because with out hope what is there worth living for? I will count each disappointment and continue to hope that despite everything maybe this time…. a dream will come true.

But not today…..

~Rachel

Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully a day with out tears.

Gosh, Rachel. What happened. If you would like to share. It pains me when one of my friends on TP. Is having a hard time.

Hugs,

Kymmie

2 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

Did you happen to get her contact info? I love those keychains

https://ko-fi.com/the_kay_continuum

It says "Follow @The_kay_continuum on all social media."

The other gal who was with her selling buttons said that they're working on a website with online ordering.

• Forum Moderator

Hi we are back home.  Hopefully our nights are down to two.

we had breakfast together this morning then we left for home.

plan for tomorrow is to get the window blinds we had been after when we had to change plans.  Then come back to the boat and pack up things we are going to need right away at the condo.

looking forward to a busy day.

Willow

Thank you for your concerns. I am ok. I just had an emotional meltdown. I honestly have never felt this much emotion  this intensely before. 

@BrewessJ You should be happy. What a big step. I am so glad for you in choosing to love yourself. In choosing to love ourselves enough to change we fill the hollowness inside us.

@Heather Nicole I am so glad that you had a great time at your first ever pride event. I love the pride owls!!!!

@Bri2020 I am sure that you are going to absolutely kill it tomorrow. 

@KymmieL Thank you for your empathy my sister. It was nothing at all and yet it was everything to me.

@Hannah Renee Thank you for your prays and encouragement.  

I realize how lucky I am to have found this refuge. Sometime we are all we got. I honestly do not know how I could have gotten this far with out you all. You are all such wonderful and caring souls. We deserve so much better than this world.

~Rachel

Yes, a range of human emotions being available has been odd to deal with for me. 

Had so much fun at my town's Pride Fest last weekend that I went to one a few towns away yesterday. Some minor celebrities were there including Carmen Carrera, I try not to be jealous of people who transitioned that well from an appearance aspect, but it's hard!

Hey everyone,

I've been super busy lately but thought I would stop in and say hi.

• Forum Moderator

@Vidanjali not defending your aunt, however back in the late 1960s there truly was a period of reverse discrimination.  Especially at the college level.  Minority groups were allowed to have separate organizations that excluded whites, but the reverse was not allowed.  Admission requirements were lowered for minority groups regardless of true academic ability.  That has self corrected over the years and generally I don’t think it exists today.  Except when it comes to groups like us.  We are still discriminated against for sure.  Illegal immigrants often get more than we do.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone.  It should be our last day and night living on the boat.  We are both looking forward to being off this boat and having our own bathroom with some space.  The shower alone is twice the size of the entire bathroom on the boat.  Sorry, head.

we won’t have our refrigerator for several days after we start moving in. Same with our washer and dryer but life will be good.  

sorry for repeating myself, just excited.

Willow

2 hours ago, Willow said:

Good morning everyone.  It should be our last day and night living on the boat.  We are both looking forward to being off this boat and having our own bathroom with some space.  The shower alone is twice the size of the entire bathroom on the boat.  Sorry, head.

we won’t have our refrigerator for several days after we start moving in. Same with our washer and dryer but life will be good.  

sorry for repeating myself, just excited.

Willow

@WillowI am happy for you. You guys have had to put up with a lot of nonsense to get to this point. It's not only okay to be excited, it's to be expected. Congrats and best wishes.

• Forum Moderator

So, we went shopping.  We bought a ceiling fan for the bedroom, blinds for the windows, dish drainer, new dog bed, dog dishes and a toy, some makeup and I got some panties.

now I need to bag up some things to take tomorrow I won’t be taking everything all at once.  I also need to take a few tools.  I have a bed to assemble and I need to hang at least two of the blinds.  

• Forum Moderator
On 5/31/2022 at 3:07 PM, Mmindy said:

@Jackie C.and @Betty_B I promise you, no one is harder on nails than me in the metal shop. These dipped nails 💅🏻 hold up to wrenches, pipe threaders, and grinding wheels. 

3A05BD5F-3299-42C8-984E-019ACBA9427A.jpeg

Is there a name for the dipped nails. I want to find out so I can see who around here does it.

Kymmie

Good morning everyone

Folgers hot, creamy  and sweet ,,

new variety pack of pods on the shelf so morning coffee will have some interesting moments next week ,,

yaaa i got my pride passes for this years local pride events ,, doesn't happen here till Sep, after summer tourist season,

excited  and a bit afraid, my spouse insisted i get these passes so we could go to all venues over the pride fest weekend,

first for the weekend and restricted for pass holders only is a floating drinking dance party , they call it a booze cruse ,,,  so many thoughts spinning in my head , like do i dance with a stranger if asked and  how will the spouse react if i did,  she told  me she wants us to make friends and get to know others here like me for support,, not sure there are others like me here, 

im worried she may experience something embarrassing through out my transition , and then i think she is an army vet a power ranger that ran power installations all over the world for the us and un  , shot at in the sand box so i have the right to where my dress in this country  ,,, im sure she has seen stuff and partied that i would blush ,,so in the end it may be im just worried what i may learn about myself ,,,

tears again , i wish i understood ,,, i feel like my mind is melting,

Peace, love N Hugs to everyone

Betty B