• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

coffee is good and welcome this morning.

I do not post pictures of myself on open websites, but I do when I can control who can see them.  New pictures are few and far between.  Example my profile picture next to this post.  I don’t even have this wig any more.  The problem with wigs is they don’t last very long before you have to replace them. I prefer to not make sudden drastic changes but it’s difficult not to.

anyway, I received this yesterday

ATA a girl certificate from work

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

Well good morning y'all. Not feeling good today so I might skip on church today. Stomach is in knots, nauseous and have cold sweats. I'm hoping this goes away soon because I really want to go to church because there is going to be a guest preacher who has been doing it for over 65 years.

I hope you feel better soon Ashley and good morning to you all.

2 minutes ago, Alessia said:

I hope you feel better soon Ashley and good morning to you all.

Thank you I can use it. I got daring and decided to have a cup of coffee. It's kind of a requirement as I'm just like my Mom. If I don't have coffee in the morning than I'll be getting a migraine later on. 

1 minute ago, Ashley0616 said:

Thank you I can use it. I got daring and decided to have a cup of coffee. It's kind of a requirement as I'm just like my Mom. If I don't have coffee in the morning than I'll be getting a migraine later on. 

It is not very often, but I can relate to migraine too. I have just mild black tea with a little bit of honey put in it and a green limette. Later we going to have a bbq in the garden with friends and my brother.

50 minutes ago, Willow said:

The problem with wigs is they don’t last very long before you have to replace them. I prefer to not make sudden drastic changes but it’s difficult not to.

Once I finally got a wig, it wasn't real long until I got another.  I actually do switch off.  LOL.  I can change my hairstyle pretty easily.

I do have shoulder length hair, just not on top.  A lot of the time I just go without the wig, and cover the top with a hat or scarf.

I know - and have seen - cis women with very thin hair.  And of course some cis ladies do use wigs.

But in my case, in this town people know I'm trans anyway - for better or worse.  I do stay with my natural color though, grey.

56 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Once I finally got a wig, it wasn't real long until I got another.  I actually do switch off.  LOL.  I can change my hairstyle pretty easily.

I do have shoulder length hair, just not on top.  A lot of the time I just go without the wig, and cover the top with a hat or scarf.

I know - and have seen - cis women with very thin hair.  And of course some cis ladies do use wigs.

But in my case, in this town people know I'm trans anyway - for better or worse.  I do stay with my natural color though, grey.

Intersex can have thinning hair as well. Mine is much thinner on top, and I have to part on the side and "comb over" for it to look the way I want. Thinning hair is just part of getting old: male, female, or in-between. 😉

• Forum Moderator

Morning all.

My Saturday, with the wife here. I was able to sleep in. Don't know why, lately I can only sleep in when she is with me. Could be that L word. Don't know.

Waiting for the coffee to brew. I normally access the site and post with my laptop. Sometime with my phone. If I am in need to post something.

Well I think and hope I fixed the fuel leak on the wagon. I just forgot to check my fittings and didn't tighten one. Had it under pressure for about 5 minutes with no leakage. So, fingers crossed. I have 4 days till we are taking her to the show. Going to take her on an Ice Cream run today. about 60 miles round trip.

gotta go coffee is calling, and I must answer.

Kymmie

Hey folks,

I had a pretty interesting and beautiful conversation with parts of my friends today, since it is pride month. So we had barrbeque and would tlak about this and that and finally we came to the point to talk about the lgbtqi+ Community and so I learned something about some of my friends and my brother too.

The overall consensus was neither too bad or too good, but one of my best friends was extremely open minded about us ( I am not out yet, but I tried to figure out what my friends think about this topic)

He said he is not hyped for the community, but also not against it and said in his mind it is not important how or what you are, the only importance is if you are happy and that is all that matters. Of course we were going into more detail at that topic and the only person who didnt take the conversation serious and made a lot of stupid jokes was my brother. But my friends did say shut up and tried to ignore him and we philosophied a bit more. I am now pretty sure, that at least my dearest friends would understand or at least have acceptance about it. My brother hmm this is sadly another topic, but maybe he was just silly and did just not take it serious enough.

If Ashley reads this, may I ask you about your visit in the bar if that is ok? If you dont want to tell it is fine too.

Hugs for you all 🙂

1 hour ago, Alessia said:

If Ashley reads this, may I ask you about your visit in the bar if that is ok? If you dont want to tell it is fine too.

Hugs for you all 🙂

I haven't been able to do much this weekend. I spent most it being nauseous and abdominal pain. I do have an upper and lower endoscopy scheduled on the 27th. I wasn't able to go to church today but that's ok. I'm beginning to think it's because of the testosterone blocker with the nauseous but I don't care if I face it everyday I will get that GRS done and won't have to worry about taking medicine anymore. My abdominal pain has been constant for about two months now. I have tried a lot of different things with no relief. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of this.

14 minutes ago, ShawnaB said:

Back from my week in the UK and admit I had fun with my makeover with the shopping and going out.Wife loves the dress and 2 pairs of heels I bought.She seen the pictures of the results.Mom was happy too,seen the picture of me in the green dress my grandmother owned,said I looked good in it.She loves her English tea I got her as well

That's awesome, glad you had a good time. 😉

44 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

I haven't been able to do much this weekend. I spent most it being nauseous and abdominal pain. I do have an upper and lower endoscopy scheduled on the 27th. I wasn't able to go to church today but that's ok. I'm beginning to think it's because of the testosterone blocker with the nauseous but I don't care if I face it everyday I will get that GRS done and won't have to worry about taking medicine anymore. My abdominal pain has been constant for about two months now. I have tried a lot of different things with no relief. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of this.

I hope so too but I underestimated what you go through and apologize. stay strong

Just now, Alessia said:

I hope so too but I underestimated what you go through and apologize. stay strong

Will do. It will be worth it in the long end. Luckily for me I still have some medication for nausea 

1 minute ago, Birdie said:

Get better soon 💖

Thank you. Bright side I'll lose more weight lol

• Forum Moderator

Good evening 

I had a really good day today went to church this morning wher a lot of people treated me.  I am accepted as part of a women’s circle.  Spoke with a friend whose son is transgender.  This church could be more accepting of me. 

after church I went to work and was having a really good day.  Nothing went wrong, not even the person I was working with got to me (she is often problematic, todays issue was she left work early). Working alone until the next person came in didn’t bother me either.

@Ivy while I have no doubt most everyone can figure out my status, I still don’t like sudden total appearance changes or switching back and forth.  I have a lot of women who treat as an equal and I prefer not to loose that.

have a great night everyone.  Thunderstorms here.

Willow

23 minutes ago, Willow said:

have a great night everyone.  Thunderstorms here.

Here too, G'night

I'm more of a Mountain Dew drinker myself (but I love coffee ice cream). Facing some serious dental surgery on Friday. Had cancer 20 years ago (head and neck region). Had heavy doses of radiation. It helped kill the cancer (thank you, God! Cancer free for two decades) but it did a number on my mouth, saliva glands, teeth, etc. for the long term.

Most of my bottom teeth have fallen out - the rest will be taken out this Friday, plus roots from those that fell out. I run the risk of infection in my jaw and things not healing right (and basically my jaw bone dying). Doing daily hyperbaric oxygen treatments to promote better healing. Anyways, prayers would be appreciated for a smooth, infection free recovery.

Stuff with my family is still not good. My oldest daughter wants nothing to do with me (since learning of my gender questioning/love for wearing women's clothes). Of course, I have been absent for part of her life (my own stupidity) and her mom and I are currently separated. We were making progress toward reconciliation until my recent disclosures about gender stuff. Now, she's stepped back big time... Sigh... I thought openness was the best policy. But alas...

Good morning

I hope today will be a better day. I spent half the day crying yesterday over "just stuff". I even cancelled lunch over it. 

Gosh my emotions can get the best of me sometimes. 

Today is a new day, and I'll just try to make it a good one. 💖

💖Birdie💖

Good morning, everyone!! Let the week begin!!! The first cup of coffee is flowing through my veins so I'm semi-awake. Today I have a few small projects around the house and need to run a few errands. There's rain in the forecast so I'll probably not be able to work on my tan by the pool. This retired life is hard!🤣

I hope you are feeling better @Ashley0616 and the doctors find the root cause of your sickness. And, I will keep you in my prayers this week @EasyE that your dental surgery goes well.

@Birdie- I think we all go through times where our emotions get the best of us. In working with my therapist I finally came to the realization that my gender dysphoria wasn't always the cause of those down times. We all just have days where we're emotionally down and the causes are myriad - "just stuff" as you rightly noted. I think I've mentioned this before but, several years ago, I had a friend on another forum who had been diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. He'd gone through chemo and radiation and nothing worked - he was slowly losing his battle and facing periods of pain. nausea and vertigo. As bad as it was, he came online every day and his last comment was always "Look for the goodness in every day. It might be small, but it's there." I'm not always successful, but I try to model his approach. Finding the goodness, no matter how small, helps me push the sadness away.

Be safe and be happy. Look for the goodness in this beautiful day we've been gifted.

14 minutes ago, April Marie said:

In working with my therapist I finally came to the realization that my gender dysphoria wasn't always the cause of those down times.

I think I might need to see a therapist. 

I had pressured my doctor into investigating further into my intersex situation. In my mind I thought the doctor would finally agree that I was assigned the wrong gender. If you count my mammaries, I have more female plumbing than I do male. 

To my great disappointment, the doctor concluded that I was correctly gendered at birth based "solely" off my XY chromosomes. 😢

Thinking about it really got me down yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, ShawnaB said:

Decided to go to work as Shawna today.Celebrate pride month at work and going to go to work as Shawna this whole week

Good for you!

Good morning from Portland Oregon, which is the trans-iest place I’ve ever been. So many of us out and about, it was fun to lose the “which trans woman can compliment the other one’s hair first” contest I had at an ice cream place last night. 

Good morning all,

couldnt sleep at all, my brain didnt let me...

April you are a woman full of wisdom I will take as much of it as I can thank you.

Ashley and Birdie I dont know you long, but I am mentally with you even if I live across the big pond. I am not good with words today just wanna say you are great.

I am gonna out me today to one friend of mine hope it goes well.

Hugs

7 minutes ago, ShawnaB said:

Decided to go to work as Shawna today.Celebrate pride month at work and going to go to work as Shawna this whole week

Good morning! I forgot to say “welcome home!” It sounds like your makeover was awesome!

3 minutes ago, RhondaS said:

Good morning from Portland Oregon, which is the trans-iest place I’ve ever been. So many of us out and about, it was fun to lose the “which trans woman can compliment the other one’s hair first” contest I had at an ice cream place last night. 

Good morning! Your post put a huge smile on my face!