• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

25 minutes ago, Alessia said:

I am gonna out me today to one friend of mine hope it goes well.

Hugs

Ich hoffe, es geht gut.  viel Glück 😉

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Alessia said:

April you are a woman full of wisdom I will take as much of it as I can thank you.

Thank you for the sweet comment. I don't know that I have much wisdom - I am so very new to embracing my reality - just so many wonderful experiences and people in my life.

I hope you get some rest - your mind can take you in crazy places when it is tired.

@Birdie I'm sorry. There's nothing wrong with seeing a therapist. I'm hoping that you will be feeling better soon. It shouldn't matter on what a doctor says. It should matter on how you feel. 

42 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Ich hoffe, es geht gut.  viel Glück 😉

You are so sweet to write it in my language🥰

26 minutes ago, April Marie said:

Thank you for the sweet comment. I don't know that I have much wisdom - I am so very new to embracing my reality - just so many wonderful experiences and people in my life.

I hope you get some rest - your mind can take you in crazy places when it is tired.

You are welcome and yes I will sleep as soon as I can, I think it is just my nervousity (tensioness?) because of my date with  my friend today. I will sleep today I promise, have actually slept for half an hour then my mom made noise, then slept nearly again but a fly was mocking me, then the church bell eliminated my hopes of sleep.

36 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

@Birdie I'm sorry. There's nothing wrong with seeing a therapist. I'm hoping that you will be feeling better soon. It shouldn't matter on what a doctor says. It should matter on how you feel. 

I think I need one, but finding one "accepting of me" in my neck of the woods might be difficult. 

I saw a psychiatrist that my GP referred me to, and she basically wanted me to work on "accepting things".

What she sees as a "reasonable solution" wasn't what I would hope to strive for. 

I'm intersex, I can and have accepted that. But I also identify as a female (I have a womb). I can't accept my official gender classification as male. And I don't care what chromosomes I have. 

I'm in Texas, and Texas has it's own way of seeing things. 😳

But I'll keep looking for a reasonable therapist. 

Good morning y'all. I hope everyone is doing well. I had some herring in wine sauce for breakfast. I have been trying to eat healthier and see if it'll help. I had my coffee and it was funny my two year old sleeps with me and when he realized that I wasn't in bed anymore he looked for me. He sat on the couch and fell asleep again. It sure does feel nice to be loved so much!

3 hours ago, Birdie said:

To my great disappointment, the doctor concluded that I was correctly gendered at birth based "solely" off my XY chromosomes. 😢

Thinking about it really got me down yesterday.

Sounds like your doctor could use a refresher course.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

first cup on board.  I may need a nap, I didn’t sleep well last night and I have no idea why.  Maybe too amped up from such a good day.

@RhondaS it’s great when you can be in a place where you are accepted for who you are and be open with friends.  Unfortunately for me the last time I was in Portland I came home questioning and needing therapy again.  May son turned out to be less accepting of me than I thought and I got hit with stares at a vonerable time and place after having just been told my dress was too short.

really messed me up to be in such an accepting place and not be accepted.

it’s much better here 

On 6/10/2023 at 2:34 PM, Mmindy said:

That's great Davie!

I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful too.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

13289109-451315629.png

IMG_1981.jpg

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Birdie said:

To my great disappointment, the doctor concluded that I was correctly gendered at birth based "solely" off my XY chromosomes. 😢

Birdie, I think I would get a second opinion. If you have more girl parts than boy parts. Chromosomes be damned.

3 hours ago, ShawnaB said:

Decided to go to work as Shawna today.Celebrate pride month at work and going to go to work as Shawna this whole week

That is great. You go girl.

Well, today off to VA for my trice monthly blocker shot. Going in girl mode. After VA going to harbor freight to look for a welding cart. Then to Petco to look for stuff for our new Sheltie. We are calling him, Oreo.

Hugs

Kymmie

IMG_4737.jpg

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Birdie, I think I would get a second opinion. If you have more girl parts than boy parts. Chromosomes be damned.

That's what I mean.  Doesn't seem like anti-trans bias would even apply in your case.

2 minutes ago, Ivy said:

That's what I mean.  Doesn't seem like anti-trans bias would even apply in your case.

My medical plan only has one doctor available to me in my area. 

I'm not going to worry about it anymore. If my ID doesn't match my gender, so be it. 

I rarely have to use my ID anyways. And I can freely identity however I feel. 🤔

20230612_111309.jpg.caa22fd9532650c72b5ca9caef5f4621.jpg

XY chromosomes don't normally grow these since puberty anyways. 

I have the equipment, and that's something they can't take away from me. 😉

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Birdie said:

20230612_111309.jpg.caa22fd9532650c72b5ca9caef5f4621.jpg

XY chromosomes don't normally grow these since puberty anyways. 

I have the equipment, and that's something they can't take away from me. 😉

Amen to that sister.

1 minute ago, ShawnaB said:

Went to work as Shawna today and was positive.A couple of my female coworkers loved the dress I wore and said I looked good wearing it.

Good for you! I'm glad things turned out well. 

Today was the second session of therapy and I found my limits. I also kind of did too much practicing after the session and my vocal cords feel it. It's hard because it so exciting to see some progress but also do daily duties as a parent and sometimes have to talk loudly at the kids. I'm thinking about getting some mints to help soothe. I have been drinking chai tea as well. 

15 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Good morning from Portland Oregon, which is the trans-iest place I’ve ever been. So many of us out and about, it was fun to lose the “which trans woman can compliment the other one’s hair first” contest I had at an ice cream place last night. 

Definitely not North Carolina or the Bible Belt that is for sure (and I really love the Bible!)... 

Today was the best day in my year, I had first struggled to out myself to my friend. we met at 18 o clock walked to the forest got some beer and and talked till 4 o clock in the morning. Still got no sleep, but now I am exausted, but it was worth it. I am now out to one of my friend and he wants to support me in every way possible. He is a precious gift I have to hold on.

Completely off topic but has anyone wanted to plan for their wedding? I'm simply talking to a woman and already feel the urge on how I want it! I find it VERY FUN! I'm only at the wedding dress stage. I haven't began to think about invitations, food all the other fun stuff. I might try scrapbooking! I have never done that before

3 minutes ago, Alessia said:

Today was the best day in my year, I had first struggled to out myself to my friend. we met at 18 o clock walked to the forest got some beer and and talked till 4 o clock in the morning. Still got no sleep, but now I am exausted, but it was worth it. I am now out to one of my friend and he wants to support me in every way possible. He is a precious gift I have to hold on.

Congratulations I'm so proud that things worked out for you! Hopefully the others will be just as smooth. Was this the friend you were talking about earlier about how y'all did everything?

1 hour ago, Alessia said:

Having that one friend who is willing to understand...it can be amazing.  I'm glad you found one!

3 hours ago, Alessia said:

That as very special. I'm so glad it worked out for you. 

You can only be yourself. 💖

3 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

Completely off topic but has anyone wanted to plan for their wedding? I'm simply talking to a woman and already feel the urge on how I want it! I find it VERY FUN! I'm only at the wedding dress stage. I haven't began to think about invitations, food all the other fun stuff. I might try scrapbooking! I have never done that before

That must be really exciting planning things like that. 💖

I don't know what Estrogen replacement therapy is like because I have never had it, but I know what estrogen dominance feels like. 

I'm curious if you have found your emotions and likes have changed? 

I have always had different likes that my peers simply because of my hormones, are you feeling that as well?

On another note, years ago I used to help grandma sew wedding dresses, we made the cakes as well. It was always so exciting. I loved it. 💖

Hmm, can't sleep. 

Today will be my last visit to see the psychiatrist referred to me by my doctor. I don't need her treatments. 

I have settled into accepting myself as the "woman" I always felt I was, and I feel very comfortable in the "tomboyish" look.

I can dress off the women's rack and feel fine with myself. 

I don't need anyone telling me I should feel otherwise. 

I'm up, I might as well have some coffee, I'll try to take a nap before my appointment later this morning. 

Everyone have a great morning 💖💖💖💖

Good morning, everyone!! We had a rainy day yesterday - today is supposed to be nice with lots of sun. Time to work on that tan!!  

There are always some projects to work on here so I'll do something to keep busy for awhile after my morning work-out.

Time for my second cup of coffee and read the local paper.

Be safe out there and remember to look for the goodness in this beautiful day we've been given.