• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I’ll be spending my day at the hospital with my wife.  She is supposed to get her port today and get her wound vac changed. Both will be rather uncomfortable for her.  However, once they have done this and shown me how to care for them she’ll be ready for the next step, coming home again.

i know she is looking forward to that but there are some rules she will have to follow that I don’t think she realizes yet.  Still can’t be in the shower with the warm water on her back.  And the port can’t get wet either.  At least the antibiotics will only be once a day.  They could have been two or three.

Willow

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

I met my boyfriend's good friends tonight.They like me and accepted me in.Plus my boyfriend and I had a talk that went good.My good friend Selena and I made out in her room having sex with the door closed last night too.Selena  and I went into her room closing the door and did tell me she is attracted to me.Told him I am attracted to pre op trans women too and he is cool about it.

Congratulations! Good luck with building up your nest!

1 hour ago, Mirrabooka said:

we have only just graduated from a teaspoon of instant! How backwards are we!!

Hmm, I haven't graduated from that yet. 🤔

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

I’ll be spending my day at the hospital with my wife.  She is supposed to get her port today and get her wound vac changed. Both will be rather uncomfortable for her.  However, once they have done this and shown me how to care for them she’ll be ready for the next step, coming home again.

i know she is looking forward to that but there are some rules she will have to follow that I don’t think she realizes yet.  Still can’t be in the shower with the warm water on her back.  And the port can’t get wet either.  At least the antibiotics will only be once a day.  They could have been two or three.

Willow

Thank you for the update on your wife. I will continue praying for y'all!

1 hour ago, Mirrabooka said:

@awkward-yet-sweet, @Adrianna Danielle, both of your situations are enviable.

OK, can we talk about coffee? Just to show how slow we are in this house, we only just bought a pod machine! At the very time that most people are ditching them for those manual gizmo monstrosities with frothers, we have only just graduated from a teaspoon of instant! How backwards are we!!! 🤣

I wished I had one of those things. It's in the plans to eventually get one. I got a Keurig mostly used for hot water, standard cheap coffee maker and a French press. I would love an espresso!

3 hours ago, Mirrabooka said:

OK, can we talk about coffee? Just to show how slow we are in this house, we only just bought a pod machine!

I'll stick with my press for now.  I'm not a fan of those pod things.  I'll use them if that's what is available, but don't need it.  A couple of family members have those gizmos that grind the beans and brew a pot.  You can even set a timer so the loud grinder will wake you up.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Mirrabooka said:

OK, can we talk about coffee? Just to show how slow we are in this house, we only just bought a pod machine!

We buy beans and grind them ourselves.  We don't have any fancy technology: the grinder is basically just a motor with blades on it.  Weekdays, I use a french press.  On weekends, I use a Bialetti on the stovetop.

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Mirrabooka said:

How backwards are we!!! 🤣

Hey there Mirrabooka, 

My wife and I have separate Bunn Drip pots and we share a Keurig for pods. If we’re going to be home we make a pot full for each of us. If we’re leaving for the day we just make a single travel mug full from the Keurig. She drinks decaffeinated coffee and I drink real dark roast coffee. 

Hugs

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Hi, everyone.

I'm slowly getting my feet back under me. We've had a nightmare month with our two Labradors.

Our 8 year old went from a bouncing, jumping typical lab to us stroking her ears and looking into her eyes as she took her last breaths in just over a month's time. Cancer, truly, sucks. And we are devastated.

At the same time our 13 year old became ill, too. Fortunately, she's recovered almost totally and is being showered with attention.

Between bouts of diarrhea from the meds and increased water consumption, I've been getting sleep in 1 to 4 hour bursts and sleeping many nights on the tile laundry room floor (dog beds can be pretty comfortable) for the last month and am pretty ragged physically and emotionally.

I still shed some tears from time to time over our sweet baby but that's the price we pay for loving them so deeply, isn't it?

• Forum Moderator
15 minutes ago, April Marie said:

I still shed some tears from time to time over our sweet baby but that's the price we pay for loving them so deeply, isn't it?

Indeed it is.  I have made that trip to the vet for one dog and two cats.  It doesn't get any easier.  You don't really want it to.

Wishing improved health for all of your family.

• Forum Moderator

Hugs for you and your wife as you process the grieving process for you two pets.

@April Marie only pet owners really understand that pets are family.

Best wishes as you recover too,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good morning, everyone. Thanks to all who offered condolences and words of comfort. It is so greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to get back to some sense of normality. Our older Lab has been amazing. She seems to sense the loss and has been exceptionally attentive. She's gone back to her normal morning routine - something she hadn't done for the time Sandy was ill. We're all trying to find our balance again.

I've had my first cup of coffee. We have a machine that grinds the beans and will make various forms of coffee or just dispense hot water for tea. My wife enjoys a morning latte, for me it's just strong, black coffee.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and look for the goodness - and happiness. It's there.

I go in for surgery in a couple hours, but it's fairly minor.

I asked my friend if he would come by Saturday for lunch together. Here is his reply:

"Sounds good I'll see if come by definitely excited to see u"

Of course I'll be healing and recovering, but this text message looks interesting. 🤔

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

well yesterday was filled with good news and sad.  Yes, the loss of a beloved friend or pet can be difficult.  

great news on the boyfriend and his friends.

My wife is coming home today!

Coffee, well for everyday a quick cup it’s pods.  Dark roast and black for both of us.  When we are going to be home, and will want more, I grind just enough beans in a burr mill to make a pot and we can have a second cup or a warm-up.  Beans stay fresher longer so I only grind what I need and keep the rest in the original bag.

ive used a French press.  My first introduction to them was in Hobart Tasmania.  No I didn’t use the Marmalight or whatever it’s was called.  Even my Aussie friends told me not to use it.

we've also had home capachino and many others that wouldn’t all fit on even @Mmindy ‘s coffee bar but that was when we lived in a bigger place with space for them all.  We really paired down when we moved from 3200 sqft to 1357.  From our biggest to smallest homes.  But we have just enough, and no maintenance worries.

well I got to get moving can’t keep my wife waiting.  She is anxious to blow that place and I don’t blame her.  Like Dorothy said, “there’s no place like home”

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

@Birdie Positive vibes as you go into your next surgery. I hope your Saturday goes we too.

@Willow Prayers of comfort for your wife as you spring here from the joint. I hope she continues with a smooth recovery.

My day has started off well, and we're expecting strong thunderstorms this afternoon. All the bird feeders are filled, patio chairs are covered and moved into a tight wind proof position. All I can do now is wait. I love to watch daytime Thunderstorms as they approach then depart. The cloud formations are amazing.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I woke up way too early this morning. Ravenously hungry and way too eager for breakfast too. It has been kind of a complicated morning, as we are preparing for the bad weather that is supposed to come in tonight. Heavy winds, big hail, and probably tornadoes. It is really hot and humid this morning, so I definitely believe the forecast. 🙄  Come to think of it, being hungry can also indicate the weather change..... I guess it's my instincts telling me to eat now so I can hide underground later.

• Forum Moderator
18 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I guess it's my instincts telling me to eat now so I can hide underground later.

It's good afternoon now @awkward-yet-sweet

I hope you had a good breakfast, lunch, and remain safe throughout the day's storms.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

9 hours ago, Birdie said:

I go in for surgery in a couple hours, but it's fairly minor.

I asked my friend if he would come by Saturday for lunch together. Here is his reply:

"Sounds good I'll see if come by definitely excited to see u"

Of course I'll be healing and recovering, but this text message looks interesting. 🤔

Oh nice! How are you feeling now?

9 hours ago, Willow said:

My wife is coming home today!

we've also had home capachino and many others that wouldn’t all fit on even @Mmindy ‘s coffee bar but that was when we lived in a bigger place with space for them all.  We really paired down when we moved from 3200 sqft to 1357.  From our biggest to smallest homes.  But we have just enough, and no maintenance worries.

Awesome news! That's a big difference! I like the size of 1600 sq ft but I wished it was bigger just for the garage and the closet was huge to the point where I can get lost in. I had to move my boots in my bedroom because there wasn't any room for them. Maybe after I win the lottery! LOL. 

I'm so happy for y'all that she is coming home. I only spent a few days. I don't know how she did it for so long!

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone,

Happy Pi day if you don't go my Military Calendar writings. 3/14/24

My day was busy writing quotes and answering e-mails so I didn't get to search for the daily coffee meme.

Well it now the close of business for me, and my meme search.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Pi Day Coffee.jpg

4 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I woke up way too early this morning. Ravenously hungry and way too eager for breakfast too. It has been kind of a complicated morning, as we are preparing for the bad weather that is supposed to come in tonight. Heavy winds, big hail, and probably tornadoes. It is really hot and humid this morning, so I definitely believe the forecast. 🙄  Come to think of it, being hungry can also indicate the weather change..... I guess it's my instincts telling me to eat now so I can hide underground later.

Hopefully the storms have passed by now.

I woke up late and my son was late to school again. I left my phone in the closet, so I didn't hear it go off. Thankfully it wasn't too late. I forgot it was field trip day today, so he didn't have the right shirt, but they still let him participate in the fun. I thought it was next Tuesday? Oh well the good thing was that he was able to participate and had a blast. My mail lady finally connected the dots because she saw me without my wig on and she called me honey which is what she used to. She is a great person. 

4 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Good afternoon everyone,

My day was busy writing quotes and answering e-mails so I didn't get to search for the daily coffee meme.

Well it now the close of business for me, and my meme search.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Pi Day Coffee.jpg

I love the meme!

1 hour ago, Ashley0616 said:

Hopefully the storms have passed by now.

Nope.  We've had a few sprinkles, but we're still waiting on the big stuff.  Supposedly baseball size hail might be on tonight's menu.  🤔  We had dinner early tonight.  Even the kids got home a bit early, and have been pretty quiet so far. 

I'd been thinking of curling up and being lazy this evening, watching a movie.  I can't control the weather, so I might as well relax.  My den is underground anyways.  GF just pulled up what we're going to be watching.... its in Russian.  😒  I've been with GF for the better part of a decade, and I can't pick up more than a few words of the language.  So I guess its subtitles tonight, if I bother.  I guess the Russians have a huge film industry, because there seems to be no end of them on GF's hard drives. 

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

I totally forgot about Pi Day.  It could have been a good dessert excuse!  I also wasn't aware the military wrote dates differently.  And don't even get me started on the lunacy that is the "Julian Date" they use in manufacturing.  Ugh.  And when I was growing up, my parents (born in Greece) talked in units of measurement that were of no use....the metric system is abominable!  Gimme my month/day/year and my pounds/gallons/feet. 😇  And they say immigrants don't assimilate? 🤣 

5 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Gimme my month/day/year and my pounds/gallons/feet. 😇  And they say immigrants don't assimilate? 🤣 

Only difference to me is day/month/year but everything else is spot on! We would get lost if they forced the metrics on us. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

brought my wife home finally. Now we have home health people coming tomorrow.  She has a picc line and a wound vac.  The wound vac she named Mr Peabody.  Right now the name she has for the picc line shouldn’t be repeated.  It’s only been in 24 hours so it’s still rather uncomfortable.

i did my best to make a good dinner for us,  boiled red potatoes, sirloin and sautéed vegetables (squash, zucchini, onions, carrots and fresh mushrooms).  Now, I don’t know how many more meals like this one I’m going to come up with but I have pot roast and chicken main courses to work with and each is plenty for two meals.  After that she’s going to get old standby meals.  Pizza, pasta, pork chops and burgers.

Willow