• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Its 1:30 am....so, Good Morning?  I guess?  One of these days I'll at least be able to sleep in, since I clearly can't fall asleep on time or manage to stay asleep.  Until then, I guess I'm going to stay kind of exhausted...as well as dumb and nippish.  Oh well.  

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boyfriend and I went on our 2nd date last night and went well.Said his life changed since we met.Did find out I met his friend Shawn's girlfriend Selena whom I became friends with.Said that is cool and a double date will be planned.He knows Selena is like me.Get to meet his parents,brother and sister in a couple weeks.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

off to see my wife the on to my first seminar. Taking my dog with me she likes to travel and isn’t any trouble in a hotel

Good morning, Post surgery I feel very good this morning. My pain levels are back down to pre-surgery levels so it's bearable. 

I'll be going to the day-centre again today but will have to force myself to take it easy. 

My Sunday Zoom date was kind enough to check in one me to see how I'm doing and wish me well. 

Birdie💞

• Forum Moderator

@Willow So glad your wives second surgery went well. Safe travels to you and your girl.

The (B)witch mother nature is doing a job on us. Forecast for 0-1 yesterday and maybe and additional 1-2today of the white crap. Well, so far it is about 6" and still coming down. Although light. We actually need it. we have had 4 grass fires in Cheyenne over the past 2 weeks. Being it is almost up to our shelties undercarriage, the old man, doxie is pretty much sticking to the shoveled areas.

Was a good girl this AM for the wife. While she said she reset her alarm for earlier,4:45. Neither was and was turned off. So, I roll over at 5:25. While she gets ready, I make her AM coffee, start water for her oatmeal, then go out to clean off and start her car. No dice, doors frozen. I start the truck and proceed to clean it off for her. Once she heads to work, I shovel the drive and put out the garbage. I hope I at least get a thank you from her. Not really holding my breath.

So here it is an hour later, Dogs have been fed and let out. I am heading back to bed in a few. Letting Oreo chew on his Mtn Dew bottle, a bit. It has to be a sheltie thing.

Well the sandman is beating on me. So, I am off, for more rest.

Later all,

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

Safe travels @Willow, and it's good to hear that your wife's second surgery went well.

@Birdie I hope your pain continues to lower and you find comfort at the day center. It's also cool that your Zoom friend checked in on you. @KymmieLwe're forecast to drop way down into the lower thirties this weekend, with a promise that Spring is only 12 days away. I'm having to add bedding to my spring flowers that have already broken through the mulch. Normally I wouldn't put that much effort into it, but I spent $60.00 on tulip bulbs last fall so that the small corner space between the sidewalk and the street has trans colored tulip pattern to it.

Happy Friday and hugs for everyone,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Happy Friday.jpg

A good co worker of mine asked me for advice on coming out this morning.Gave it to him.Told me that he has always knew inside was born the wrong gender in the closet since the age of 5.I  did give him advice.Knows his mom cares a lot about him and fears his dad might not take it well.Just went through a divorce that final last month too.Plus he is glad I will be there for support.

55 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Just went through a divorce that final last month too.Plus he is glad I will be there for support.

Although a divorce can be hard, sometimes it can free you to reexamine your life in a way that you wouldn't feel free to do otherwise.  I know it was that way for me.

And it is always good to have support.

• Forum Moderator

First day of class was interesting.  I like the professor.  Day two tomorrow.  When class is over I have to write a ten page paper discussing some part of the Old Testament in detail with research and credits.  I have until July first to turn it in.  

it’s sort of like when I took an upper level geography course in college.  I was a senior and only had to do the assigned class work.  But more than half the class were grad students and they had to write papers.  Will now I’m the grad student because of the path I am on whereas others are just taking the class to learn about the subject with no other goal.

could get to be rather tough before it’s over.

good night, don’t forget to reset your clocks.

Willow

I have had a thumping headache all day. GF had her birthday gathering last night. Usually she doesn't celebrate because she hates getting older, but this time was different. All of our friends got together, and we had a big barbecue at her shop. And there were drinks, and drinks, and drinks.  Some of the wine was actually in a barrel 🤭 I'm a lightweight and didn't plan on participating in the inebriation, but I lost track of time and how many cups I had while talking with my friends.

When I woke up this morning, I had never even made it to my nest. I was curled up on a couch with my friends, one of whom was sleeping in my arms and drooling on my chest.  I guess I'm doing things in my 30s I should have done in high school?  Or maybe GF didn't grow up after high school?  😄

Its almost dinner time and I haven't recovered yet.  I may look 15, but I'm definitely feeling my 30s.  But at least I woke up at a responsible hour to start cleanup and look after the kids.  GF didn't emerge until noon 🤣

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

back at my hotel room. Live class is over now for the hard part.  Finish the text book, pick a topic and  start researching and outlining the topic.  I haven’t had to write a paper on any academic subject for nearly 50 years.

going to bed early, studying is tiring.  And I never took things to keep alert to cram in college and I’m not about to start now.

@awkward-yet-sweet that must have been some party.

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

I haven’t had to write a paper on any academic subject for nearly 50 years.

Good luck.  

I've never been any good at that stuff.

1 hour ago, Willow said:

back at my hotel room. Live class is over now for the hard part.  Finish the text book, pick a topic and  start researching and outlining the topic.  I haven’t had to write a paper on any academic subject for nearly 50 years.

I never went to traditional college - I went to art school and never had to write anything!  Actually, I write more on this forum and a couple others than probably anything else ever.  I guess it is good practice?

As for papers, the only thing I recall is that teachers were overworked and basically didn't read what you wrote.  I didn't try too hard at writing in high school, since I figured it didn't matter.  I wasn't going to college anyways, and where I was going only cared about a portion of my education, not the whole thing.  GF came at it a different way...she told me she just wrote from her knowledge, and made up all her sources!  Complete BS bibliographies and footnotes that nobody ever bothered to check.  She got through high school and college like that, and got into the schools' computer systems to edit all her grades and attendance records.... 🤣  I guess if you have that level of skill, you automatically deserve to graduate? 

5 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

When I woke up this morning, I had never even made it to my nest. I was curled up on a couch with my friends, one of whom was sleeping in my arms and drooling on my chest.  I guess I'm doing things in my 30s I should have done in high school?  Or maybe GF didn't grow up after high school? 

Been there, and done that!

I woke up on the floor of a Chevy van with a pile of passed out individuals on top of me. Of course I was only about 18ish.

I guess they piled us all in the van because it was getting cold at the bonfire party. 

That night is one of the reasons I quit drinking so much. I had several of those nights before I finally slowed down. 

Those nights happen, especially when I used to make moonshine. I kept making shine, but stopped drinking it (other than a taste).

37 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Those nights happen, especially when I used to make moonshine. I kept making shine, but stopped drinking it (other than a taste).

Oh my... you and my GF could really have a conversation.  She has a still, big shiny copper thing.   I can't even stand the smell of her shine.  It smells like rubbing alcohol and you can run an engine on it.  Pure ethanol?  I don't mind homemade wine, but I refuse to consume her science experiment.  I assume it would tear my guts out. 🙄  My husband has scolded her for years, but she does her own thing.  Stubborn creature.  She gave up alcohol entirely during the years she was pregnant and using breast milk.  Now its like she's making up for lost time.   

4 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I can't even stand the smell of her shine.  It smells like rubbing alcohol and you can run an engine on it.

Reminds me off the time I got pulled over with 4 gallons of it. The officer did me a favor by telling me to 'pour it out'. 

I poured all four gallons into my gas tank and arrived at the party with just lots of orange juice. 😂

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Well, I guess I’m the goody two shoes.  Never made or drank shine.  Never cheated on a school paper.  But then back in my day the teachers weren’t quite as overworked, just under paid. You earned your marks and we learned our education.  I was a CPA during my working career got that when the test was pencil and paper and nothing else was permitted, not even an abacus .  If you couldn’t add, subtract, multiply or divide in your head or on paper you failed.  Seems like kids today can graduate without getting an education.

ok that’s my soap box sorry, but I do think “modern education” is push them through and be a baby sitter while a computer teaches.

i was supposed to get up early.  My alarm went off but I guess I hit off instead of sleep. Oh well.  Time to get moving and get that first cup of Joe.  I had several cups during the seminar.  To the point that one of our host would tell me when it was made when we had a class break.  Like I said I met many wonderful people this weekend.

• Forum Moderator

I have never been a drinker, even in my service days. Of course, I did go out with friends to get the girls and have a beer or 3. Never liked the taste of beer, I think the last time I had any alcohol is 2006. It doesn't appeal to me.

Good morning this first day of daylight savings time. The dogs actually let me sleep in about a half hour. Didn't help as I couldn't get to sleep and was up for about a hour. So technically I lost a half hour. 

Since I have been writing stories I believe my grammar has improved. In my senior year, I should have went with my choice and took creative writing. Instead I followed my parents advice and took films. Which I didn't pass so I had to take summer school. While I didn't participate in the graduation, I did graduate with my class.

Gotta go all, I hear the call of the dark, hot liquid goodness. and I must answer.

TTFN.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I'm not worried about your clock being set forward for the daylight savings. It's not a life issue. I do hope you changed the batteries in your smoke detector, and if it's more than ten years old you replaced it with a new one. Then there's the fire suppression system you choose for your kitchen and garage. Do they still hold pressure? Are the right type for your needs?

I covered my emerging tulips with a fresh fluffy topping of mulch and then covered the bed with a moving blanket overnight because the temperatures here dropped down into the mid twenties. I was up early to remove the blanket and let the morning sun hit the flower bed. Tonight I'll reapply the moving blanket for another night of low temperatures in the low twenties.

Today being the first day of daylight savings time there is a raised level of coffee allowed or needed.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Daylight Savings Coffee.jpg

Back in the day, we would get those gallon jugs of cheap wine and pass it around a fire.  I have brewed beer, but don't these days.  I will still take a taste of whiskey though.

I did get busted for growing weed back then.  Wasn't selling it or anything, but the cops made a big deal of it.  I quit it after that cause I wanted to be able to stay with my ex and our couple of kids instead of in prison.  So, I suppose that can be a deterrent.

These days I might take a toke now and again.  It kinda mellows me out.  And the laws do seem to be changing some.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I have never been a drinker, even in my service days. Of course, I did go out with friends to get the girls and have a beer or 3. Never liked the taste of beer, I think the last time I had any alcohol is 2006. It doesn't appeal to me.

I used to drink when I was in the Air Force.  It was what you did,especially if you lived on base.  But after too many weekends that were wasted by Friday night's excess, I decided that the night before just wasn't good enough to be worth putting up with the morning after.  After that, I cut way back and, on away trips, I used to volunteer to be designated driver so it was socially acceptable to not drink.

I never did like the taste of beer.  I still enjoy a glass of wine now and then on a lazy summer afternoon.  One is my limit, and I haven't had even that since 2022.

I used to spend a couple hundred dollars a night at a club/bar. I used to be able to drink a lot! I still drink now but nowhere near as much. I have at the most two drinks a night. Back then I was double fisting drinks. I was pretty bad back in the day. 

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone,

It's Sunday daylight savings time for a nap.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I feel bad like I played hooky today. I missed church because of me not feeling well. I woke up about 30 minutes past service and couldn't move because it felt like something heavy was laying on top of me. Is it sad I'm already looking to go back to sleep? 

3 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

I used to spend a couple hundred dollars a night at a club/bar. I used to be able to drink a lot! I still drink now but nowhere near as much. I have at the most two drinks a night. Back then I was double fisting drinks. I was pretty bad back in the day. 

It seems like a lot of military folks get into the heavy drinking....nothing else to do when off duty?  I've noticed that bars tend to be where people gather around here, for a lot of reasons.  Thankfully, most of the bars serve food and soda, so there are options for people who are trying to cut back.  Besides, drinking at a bar is really expensive!  I can get a 6-pack or a bottle (or two) of wine for the price of a single beer at a bar.  Crazy! 

When I go out with my friends, I'm frequently the designated driver.  I just don't feel comfortable drinking much outside home.  Probably why I overdid it accidentally on Friday night.  Since the party was at home, I wasn't my usual cautious self.  I felt like crap all Saturday, and then we had the time change last night and I got an hour less sleep... I feel like I'm in a fog.  I went to Temple this morning, but I don't remember much.  And I'm pretty sure I fell asleep during the sermon.  😒