• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Aug 10, eight months after starting my voyage and four months after HRT, I get out of my car in a Walmart parking lot and see a very masculine looking fellow in the next slot hanging around his truck, so I walk into the next lane to avoid him and he calls out to me and says "Ma'am, you might want to take one of these carts. They're out in the store".  First time I've been ma'amed outside of a hospital/doctor setting. I just nodded, but my heart skipped a beat.

(Of course it probably didn't hurt that I was masked to the hilt.  Also the pink shirt and bare legs...)

ma'am.jpg

me-0810.jpg

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aug 10, eight months after starting my voyage and four months after HRT, I get out of my car in a Walmart parking lot and see a very masculine looking fellow in the next slot hanging around his truck, so I walk into the next lane to avoid him and he calls out to me and says "Ma'am, you might want to take one of these carts. They're out in the store".  First time I've been ma'amed outside of a hospital/doctor setting. I just nodded, but my heart skipped a beat.

(Of course it probably didn't hurt that I was masked to the hilt.  Also the pink shirt and bare legs...)

@AgnesBardsie that had to feel good to be gendered correctly 

10 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

While we were moving it I overheard one of them whisper to the other Wow, she's strong. I just pretended I didn't hear anything but realized I could have outed myself by being so helpful. Then there was the fun part of watching them try to secure it to their trailer. I tried to help for a minute and decided it was best to step back, check my nails, and let the guys do their thing. I don't entirely approve of how they secured it but what do I know,  I'm just a woman.

Thanks for the laugh! You are very funny!

On 8/8/2021 at 12:26 PM, Elizabeth Star said:

I'm just really, really happy we finally got here.

So happy to hear this!

2 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

First time I've been ma'amed outside of a hospital/doctor setting. I just nodded, but my heart skipped a beat

Feels good, don't it.

7 hours ago, LaurenA said:

I'm sorry but I need help.  I think most of you know what I'm going through, but if not...  My last love of my live has heart, GI, and other problems.  So my problem is dealing with it.  I'm drinking way too much and can't stop.  I should be there by her bed right now but am almost too drunk to call UBER

I'm sorry to hear this. Hope your partner does well. Do you have an "AA" sponsor? If so, make a call, or call a family member or friend. I've seen the pain alcohol can cause you and the ones you love. My son is a recovering VIOLENT alcoholic. He's 47 now. Been drinking since he was 14. It has been a horrible ride. Now he can't drink or it will kill him. Don't let this be your life. You deserve better.

6 hours ago, Billie75B said:

I am so excited as tomorrow I have my first appointment with a doctor to discuss starting HRT. this Dr works with transgender people and came highly recommended from my local transgender support group. From what I am hearing I was very lucky to get in this quickly. At 64 and now getting ready to finally live my truth. 

Congrats! I had my first visit Feb. 18th this year. Had a long questionaire to fill out, then talked to the doctor. Explained my dysphoria and depression to him, answered his questions. Went awesome. He put me on HRT that day. Even offered to refer me for orchiectomy. I told him i'm waiting till I meet WPATH standards. Just having a plan and progressing in it helps me considerably with my dysphoria and depression. 

I wish you well with your appointment.

• Forum Moderator

@LaurenA I wish I could help you with the things you are going through right now.  My experience with alcoholism was when I was a teen, I would say my father couldn’t control his drinking.  

But I do know denial and depression.  I agree you need to get some help.  That’s what I finally didn’t after years of being a crappy person to be around.  I found the right person for me and it wasn’t long and I started feeling better.  Please, we beseech you, find someone and get help.

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Differences in HRT and what doctors want you to do.  I was hearing a lot of you being sent to get mammograms.  So I asked mine about it.  His response was that at my age they did not consider breast cancer as a risk but probably when I’m 75 and every 5 years, not every year.

Of course the surgery is supposed to allow to reduce the medication to a “safe” level, but I will have to continue on it from now on.  oh and vitamin D3 and calcium are important make sure you are getting enough.

Willow

11 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

My son did tattoos years ago. Some piercings also. He would never reccomend tongue piercings. Way too dangerous.

They say our mouth is the dirtiest part of our body.

Maybe the dirtiest part for a lot of people, but I'm pretty sure my mouth has some strong competition from my mind. ?

As far as the septum ones go, I never used to understand them. It just made me think of bulls. But since then I've seen some young women with ones that looked very cute on them. Seems like one that would really hurt though, I know how much just yanking a nose hair smarts!

6 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

First time I've been ma'amed outside of a hospital/doctor setting. I just nodded, but my heart skipped a beat.

(Of course it probably didn't hurt that I was masked to the hilt.  Also the pink shirt and bare legs...

Funny how covering up one thing can make it easier for others to see our true self. Congrats on that. I had a mask-induced correct-gendering happen to me once and it really is a great feeling, that gender euphoria. :) Cis-folk are missing out!

• Forum Moderator

Got my results from my mammogram. Everything fine but I do have fatty boobs. LOL. 

A friend of ours. A professionally trained body piercer. She even took anatomy classes. She was also a trainer herself. Her and Her husband, a tattooist co-wrote the tattoo and piercing health regulations for the State of South Dakota. I have heard that other states have adopted them too.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Got my results from my mammogram. Everything fine but I do have fatty boobs. LOL. 

I'm both overweight and pre-HRT. I'm no stranger to "fatty boob syndrome", lol! Welcome to the club! ?

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

A friend of ours. A professionally trained body piercer. She even took anatomy classes. She was also a trainer herself. Her and Her husband, a tattooist co-wrote the tattoo and piercing health regulations for the State of South Dakota. I have heard that other states have adopted them too.

Wow, that's pretty cool!

• Forum Moderator
16 hours ago, LaurenA said:

My last love of my live has heart, GI, and other problems.  So my problem is dealing with it.

I am so sorry to read this Lauren. I hope you have a close friend nearby you can have as a support and count on in this difficult time. Just know my thoughts and prayers are with you this week.

Susan R?

6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

My daughter has a lot of gay and trans friends. She told me that transwomen have fatier boobs than natural born women. Don't know if it's true or not. As far as i'm concerned, Boobs are Boobs, i'll take whatever I can grow.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

As far as i'm concerned, Boobs are Fantastic, i'll take whatever I can grow.

There, fixed it for you. ?

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

My daughter has a lot of gay and trans friends. She told me that transwomen have fatier boobs than natural born women. Don't know if it's true or not. As far as i'm concerned, Boobs are Boobs, i'll take whatever I can grow.

I cringed just thinking about a mammogram. As tender as mine are right now, if I got the test you would probably hear me scream all the way over there at your house LOL.

• Forum Moderator

My endo reminded me that I'm about due when we talked last week. I'm pigeon breasted and MAYBE an A-Cup if I'm well hydrated. That's going to be a day.

Power's out about a mile west of me... where the gym is... so that's my usual morning routine out the window. At least that means I'm going to be COMPLETELY ON TOP OF IT when my doctor's office opens and I can start begging them to get my narrow white butt cleared for surgery. Which was supposed to be done like two weeks ago, AHH!

Going to see about working on my class while I'm waiting for 8am. If I dwell, I'm going to ugly cry again.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

My endo reminded me that I'm about due when we talked last week. I'm pigeon breasted and MAYBE an A-Cup if I'm well hydrated. That's going to be a day.

Power's out about a mile west of me... where the gym is... so that's my usual morning routine out the window. At least that means I'm going to be COMPLETELY ON TOP OF IT when my doctor's office opens and I can start begging them to get my narrow white butt cleared for surgery. Which was supposed to be done like two weeks ago, AHH!

Going to see about working on my class while I'm waiting for 8am. If I dwell, I'm going to ugly cry again.

Hugs!

I know what you mean about dwelling and emotions ?   Instead of the gym maybe a run? I hope you get your surg clearance today.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I know what you mean about dwelling and emotions ?   Instead of the gym maybe a run? I hope you get your surg clearance today.

It's a little, um, DARK out right now for a run. Also, the mosquitos would carry me off to their nest. I'm going to try and lose myself in homework and housework for a couple hours. Quietly. It's my spouse's day off and I don't want to wake her.

Hugs!

Well, yesterday was quite a day. As Jackie just said, having time to dwell on stuff can lead to crying breakdowns so I was on a mission to keep busy and to keep myself busy in the future. 

Besides my BA Pre-op and electrolysis appointments I had a therapy session with a different therapist to get a second letter for surgery and that went well. He's going to write it this week and my medical file should be all set if I can get Kaiser to approve it in a timely manner.

I found out a house is going to come up on the market soon that may be perfect for me. My plan is to move somewhere within the townhouse cluster I currently live so Susan and I can stay very close and still do morning walks together and have easy time maintaining a close friendship. I'm not ready to move yet, the plan is if a the right house comes up, try and get it and rent it out until after my surgeries, then move into it. We'll see how this one looks. The woman living there has been there since the 80s and not updated anything and is going to a retirement community so it may need a bit work.

I also dropped by my favorite fashion consignment boutique and asked for a PT job to keep me busy.  The 2 ladies who run it were super excited I wanted to join and said they absolutely want me but will just have to figure out how to make it work.  I told her it wasn't about monsey so i'm open to whatever they can do. I laughed because I told them I was just going to probably sign over any paycheck for store credit. Haha.  I might need that new house just so I can convert a BR into a walk in closet. LMAO.  

Today i just have a normal day with some work followup and calls to make.  Gotta figure out a way to not dwell and stay positive.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I might need that new house just so I can convert a BR into a walk in closet.

That is absolutely a problem. My house has a TON of closet space, we're still considering turning the spare bedroom into a walk-in closet.

I've actually got a bi-gendered friend (the one a couple towns over from you Bri) who turned their entire apartment into a Halloween store/closet so... role models?

I'm sorry you're having a rough patch too @Bri2020. I wish there was something I could do to at least make it a little better. You wouldn't be the first person I know who went PT at a store they love for the employee discount though.

Hugs!

We survived our first power outage in the new house. It started around 7 last night. I had literally pulled supper out of the oven when the lights flickered and went out so it a impromptu candle-light dinner.  With no TV or internet we were forced to sit and stare at each other. I offered to cuddle and talk about my feelings but was denied. Later (power still out) we went for some drive-thru. Since it was getting hot in the house with no air conditioning I had changed into a pair of cut-offs and a Cami. While in the car I realized I have never been out with so little clothing. Literally 3 pieces (including my sandals) and an extremely high chance of a wardrobe malfunction with my short-shorts and extra equipment, I was grateful we didn't to get out of the car.

Sometime around 3am the power came back on. A lot of our light are controlled via Alexa so when the power came back all the lights turned on. By 3:45 I was awake for the day. Well, It's time to let the chickens out and check for and storm damage.

Have a great day everyone.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

got a decent nights sleep last night.  Got approved for a mortgage on our new place yesterday.  Of course, it still wont be finished for months. But at least that worry is gone.  

Talked to our son yesterday.  That was a good talk.  I am waiting for him to call me again before we set off on our trip since the real objective was to visit him.  He’s had a bad summer so I want to make sure it’s ok to come.

Fatty boobs, well, I’ve seen muscular boobs, and I've seen fatty boobs but aren’t women’s mostly fat?  Mine are clearly an A with the typical male outward point.  I didn’t have boobs before HRT, they have a defined natural shape and I’ve lost weight so I find it hard to think that they would be just fat. But who knows.  I’ll take them however they come.

Willow