• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

47 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

Yikes! I think you have a good job by helping raising kids. That to me can be even more stressful than a normal job. Your job never ends and if you're the only one you still have to work through it when you're sick. I think that stay-at-home parents should get a check a month by raising their kids. It's definitely not a job for the weak minded.

Fortunately for everybody, I'm just a supplemental parent.  Its rare that I have to look after them by myself.  I cook and clean, I'm an extra pair of eyes, and I can nip at their heels and move them from place to place as needed.  Its easy with most of them, but GF's kids are a different type.  Those 5 wear me out more than anything else in life!  And GF often leaves them to me and my partners while she goes off and does her own thing. 

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Willow said:

and as for the trip with a brand new Jeep I wasn’t too comfortable doing any off road with it which was another disappointment to my wife. What was the point if you don’t off road?  Well! This one I’d be more than willing to off road easy to moderate to begin with.  I can actually do that near by to get started.  4 hours to the closest real off reading.  Hill and ruts and rocks.

This one is still pretty much stock Sierra, 18 “ aluminum rims and all season tires.  

Oh, I can take you to some fun trails, mild to wild. Doing boulders the size of Volkswagen's.  Doing a trail were crossing a lake is part of it. ( my best witches cackle) It would be great for you to stop by for a visit.

I'll get you stuck?

728ee0258f368d2bb714bf65b0cfcf2c.jpg.6d753753d0e66a558641b370bbe7e24b.jpg

@Ashley0616 our Explorer is a 1994 Explorer XLT, 4 in lift, 33's basically build for the trail.

Just waiting on my brake hoses.

Kymmie

Work went good.Have a new co worker that will not last long.I was working and he was on his phone,chewed him out for it.Did tell my boss this and he had a word with him on it.Said it was costing my boss money and he better be working.My other coworkers and I bet he will be gone tommorrow.

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL you know that picture was from right down the road from here.  A guy lent his New Red Jeep to his brother.  Brother decided it would be fun to drive on the beach, got stuck tried to self extract, got stuck worse.  Tide came in, a storm tide.  That was the end of the brothers jeep!

now, was that the same Jeep or just a look alike? 🤔. The Red Jeep of Myrtle Beach is infamous.

what about putting aluminum diamond plate on both sides so they match using high strength automotive sealant adhesive?edges could be worked so they aren’t blunt which would be bad.  Paying for body work here is VERY expensive!  And my body work is limited to Fiberglas sailboats.

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

The Red Jeep of Myrtle Beach is infamous.

I watched someone bury one out on Topsail Island one time.  Made me glad I was on foot.  They did get out before the tide got it though.

Good morning, everyone!! I'm still battling the Worst Head Cold Ever. Just when I think I've turned the corner, it smacks me back down. If you've got stock in tissues, I'm driving up your profits.

Our early Spring has the grass growing quickly. I need to get out today and cut it before it grows over the house. Today is supposed to be sunny and mid-60s so I'll suck up not feeling great and get the mowers out. At least I'll be in the sunshine for a few hours. The next few days are supposed to be rainy so it's today or wait until the weekend.

Time for a second cup of coffee!!

Stay safe and enjoy this beautiful day we've been given!!

Good morning,

Put on my favourite new Rock band Tee from Torrid and some shorts. 

I am just about ready to go spend my day at the stuffy day-centre after I get done soaking my feet. 

20240416_061352.thumb.jpg.957b8ebb2ae04731f45446ff1cf03543.jpg1487157832_20240416_0508422.thumb.jpg.b341eab1ff90572440a73ef368a3e0f9.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, 

@Birdie I love that shirt, it looks great on you. 

I’m sitting on the back deck swing enjoying the birds and waiting for the dew to lift off the grass, so I can mow the lawn. We’re expecting four days of rain. The morning coffee is almost gone, so it won’t be long before the yard work begins. 

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_0695.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

I love that shirt, it looks great on you

Thanks hun! 😘

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I got to sleep in today, and I have a short day. Noon to 4:30.  I get to ease back into my work week. Looks like we have an abundance of senior staff today.  The top three have a 2 hour cross over together, Mgr, Asst and me.  I wonder what’s up.  I also see the asst isn’t getting her usual schedule at anytime this week, in fact, I have her schedule Thursday and Friday and she has mine.  I’m sure something is going on.  

I do know that the Mgr would not mind if the Asst quit but she has no grounds to terminate her.  And then there is Richard.  He has the most years at the store, but he is very inflexible when it comes to his schedule he wants 32 hours no more and no less, 6:30 to 2 when he works nothing else and every Wednesday off.  So right now he’s getting 16 hours a week because that’s what works for our schedule.  No one is getting all the hours they would like, I’d love 9 to 5 MTWTF.  But that will never happen and I knew that when I started.  At least I don’t have to work 5pm to 0030 close.  I hate that shift.

I decided that I would not pursue the Jeep.  Yes I’d like to have one again but not right now.  Maybe someday.  Right now I have too much on my plate.  And maybe more coming at me.

Sorry for boring you with my work things today but that’s about all I’ve got.

Except, wife update! We went to Costco yesterday and she walked with the aid of her roller walker but she walked Costco!  Back is looking really good.  The deep wound is really coming back together  nicely.  Today she said she maybe over did it yesterday but that’s exercise for you the following day you are always a bit achy or tired but that’s a good thing!

Thanks for listening (reading)

hugs

Willow

8 minutes ago, Willow said:

Except, wife update! We went to Costco yesterday and she walked with the aid of her roller walker but she walked Costco!  Back is looking really good.  The deep wound is really coming back together  nicely.  Today she said she maybe over did it yesterday but that’s exercise for you the following day you are always a bit achy or tired but that’s a good thing!

That's awesome news! 

Awesome news about your wife @Willow!!!

And, I hope everything goes well at work. There is certainly generational difference in how we look at employment requirements and what we expect/demand.

@Willow, it's great to hear about your wife's progress! It's also fun to hear about day-to-day stuff, like work. It's nice to think of this thread as a kind of morning chit chat place to go, like if we had a big table at The Daily Grind and were just listening and sharing over our morning brews.

• Forum Moderator

Well every girl needs a play toy. I just happen to have 7 of them.

My hoses finally came in. have the passenger front installed. Now trying to figure out how to do the drivers side when the tire is still on and there is no room to do it.  I'll figure sumthin out.  I is smrt.

Well have the wife home with me. She wound up falling back asleep after turning her alarm off. I woke her up at 6:20. She is due to work at 6. She decided to just call in.

1 minute ago, MaeBe said:

@Willow, it's great to hear about your wife's progress! It's also fun to hear about day-to-day stuff, like work. It's nice to think of this thread as a kind of morning chit chat place to go, like if we had a big table at The Daily Grind and were just listening and sharing over our morning brews.

MaeBe that is what this thread was started for. A chat place to share our days and thoughts for the day.

Hugs

Kymmie

5 hours ago, April Marie said:

Good morning, everyone!! I'm still battling the Worst Head Cold Ever. Just when I think I've turned the corner, it smacks me back down. If you've got stock in tissues, I'm driving up your profits.

Our early Spring has the grass growing quickly. I need to get out today and cut it before it grows over the house. Today is supposed to be sunny and mid-60s so I'll suck up not feeling great and get the mowers out. At least I'll be in the sunshine for a few hours. The next few days are supposed to be rainy so it's today or wait until the weekend.

Time for a second cup of coffee!!

Stay safe and enjoy this beautiful day we've been given!!

I hope your head cold goes away soon! Sorry you have to cut grass with that.

2 hours ago, Birdie said:

Good morning,

Put on my favourite new Rock band Tee from Torrid and some shorts. 

I am just about ready to go spend my day at the stuffy day-centre after I get done soaking my feet. 

20240416_061352.thumb.jpg.957b8ebb2ae04731f45446ff1cf03543.jpg1487157832_20240416_0508422.thumb.jpg.b341eab1ff90572440a73ef368a3e0f9.jpg

Love the new t-shirt

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

IMG_0695.jpeg

I love that one. 

1 hour ago, Willow said:

I decided that I would not pursue the Jeep.  Yes I’d like to have one again but not right now.  Maybe someday.  Right now I have too much on my plate.  And maybe more coming at me.

What Jeep would you want to get? That is awesome about your wife getting better!

• Forum Moderator

The one thing about this position, if you want more hours just wait and be flexible.  I’m now working until 7:30 pm instead of 4:30.  

Was excited today,my new toolbox has been shipped out,Snap On dealer told me this.It took this long since it was ordered to get it.My other co workers and I were right about the new employee that started yesterday,He was fired this afternoon.Was on his phone again and boss caught him do it.Plus he did call me an offensive word,the C word my boss hates.I did report that to my boss.My boss believes in treating women right

7 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Was excited today,my new toolbox has been shipped out,Snap On dealer told me this.It took this long since it was ordered to get it.My other co workers and I were right about the new employee that started yesterday,He was fired this afternoon.Was on his phone again and boss caught him do it.Plus he did call me an offensive word,the C word my boss hates.I did report that to my boss.My boss believes in treating women right

Good thing your boss takes care of you.  It does seem like he's got a hiring problem, though.  I wonder why there's an issue getting quality people to apply?  Low wages, insufficient advertising, or maybe too many open positions locally?

Where I am, lots of jobs are found by word of mouth.  My husband's company pays so well that they don't even advertise...there's actually a huge backlog of applications.  Plus employees usually connect family and friends with available positions.  That's how one of my friends got hired there, and also my eldest stepson is my husband's assistant.  Good old fashioned nepotism 😄

1 minute ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Good thing your boss takes care of you.  It does seem like he's got a hiring problem, though.  I wonder why there's an issue getting quality people to apply?  Low wages, insufficient advertising, or maybe too many open positions locally?

Where I am, lots of jobs are found by word of mouth.  My husband's company pays so well that they don't even advertise...there's actually a huge backlog of applications.  Plus employees usually connect family and friends with available positions.  That's how one of my friends got hired there, and also my eldest stepson is my husband's assistant.  Good old fashioned nepotism 😄

This guy had an attitude problem.Was costing my boss money too.It is hard to find good help these days.My boss was raised to treat women right by his own dad.Do not see this a lot now.I know better to stay off the phone during working hours.I clean my work areas when I have nothing to do and waiting for parts

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

im running a little behind my schedule and our dog Sweetie is politely letting me know.  Plus it’s my wife’s birthday and I had to get her card and present ready.  I hope she likes what I got her, no it’s not a jeep with a hole.  Smart alicks.

@MaeBe  I love the cat.  It’s not like that at least to me.  Yes it annoys my wife but the me it’s more $$$ and that’s the only reason I do this.  Besides, the manager treats me quite well and I earn that by covering extra Time from call outs and do what I can to make this an overall better place.

gotta go wife just woke up.

time to croak out a happy birthday

willow

45 minutes ago, Willow said:

It’s not like that at least to me.

I was looking for “surprise!”, saw the kitty, and just had to. :)

Happy birthday Willow’s wife!

Good morning, everyone! And, Happy Birthday to @Willow's wife!!!

I'm finally feeling like this head cold is breaking up. Ugh. It's been horrible. I actually got a semi-decent sleep last night which helped tremendously.

But, despite the head cold, life is good. I'm finding my way and loving who I am becoming, even if my pace is a bit slow. This is a journey for both me and my wife and so the pace is such that we each feel comfortable. A year ago, I never imagined I/we would be where we are.

enjoy this beautiful day we've been given.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

Happy Birthday to @Willow’s wife. 

@April MarieI’m glad you are feeling better, and totally agree with the slower pace transition to allow our spouses time to adjust or transition with us. 

My coffee is extra soothing this morning as I wake up to the feeding calls made by the birds at the feeders. I slept with the bedroom window open so the morning sounds of a waking world were early. 

Have a great day,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_0692.jpeg