• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

Thanks to @Abi I've been exploring all sorts of Electro Swing stuff. But in among the youtube search results I came across this... (Love it)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I loved the Eurythmics @Niamh. This is an outstanding cover. You give my song choices far too much credit. Thank you.

• Forum Moderator

What a great voice Tal has!  

The Version our band does - I think I'll do the sunglasses bit

Such an underappreciated Canadian guitar.....

one more for good measure

Madame Butterfly is a true story!

Butterfly,” the 1988 Pulitzer-winning drama based on the true story of the disgraced French diplomat and convicted spy — Bernard Boursicot — who, to the world's astonishment, learned at his trial that the Chinese woman who had been his secret lover for nearly 20 years was a man.

• Forum Moderator

soooo smooth..."Take a Giant Step" by Taj Mahal(1969), and it's just got that cadence...

"come with me, your yesterday your yesterday behind"

"and take a giant step outside your mind"

• Forum Moderator

This was written 50 years ago, but, but......

It's dark, it's stark, and disturbingly sounds a bit contemporary...

"poisoning their brainwashed minds"

• Forum Moderator

This is a great song and a warning to be aware!

Especially for Jani and Cyndi - ever heard of capo-ing a bass?

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Shay said:

ever heard of capo-ing a bass?

No!  And she played a number of barred chords.  I suppose she could have reached many of those notes with a 5 string. 

Sally Stone

Amy Lee and Evanescence.  The band is releasing a new album called "The Bitter Truth," but they are doing it song by song. It's so nice to finally get brand new material.  Here is their first release from the new album "Use My Voice."  Speaking of voices, I love Amy's voice.

Here is an interesting thing I learned - I saw Brewer & Shipley years ago and they mentioned the JUSY BEFORE "One Toke Over the Line" was certified gold - the FCC found out what TOKE meant and banned the song. They mentioned that the song was the only song that could make the claim that it was covered by The Grateful Dead and Lawrence Welk... and here is the Welk version - check out Lawrence at the end talking about a new "gospel" song.... tee hee hee

LOL Mr Welk had no idea did he?

Pretty bad rendition of that song too.

FOr all of your who had tense times and tears shed and anguish any time this week.... two of my favorite inspirations in my own writing.....

Another pair I love to listen to me I need a pick me up 

Following @Shay's excellent selection this morning, I give you Indigo Girls

I remember first hearing these two women twenty five years ago. At the time I didn't know I was trans, but I knew, absolutely, that I wished I was Amy Ray.

"Here's what I find about compromise,

Don't do it if it hurts inside,

'cause, either way you're screwed, 

And eventually you find,

You may as well feel good,

You may as well have some pride."

ElizabethStar

I forgot about the Indigo Girls. That brings me back to a simpler time in my life.

My thought for the day and WEEK for me and all of you fine brave amazing ladies.......

• Forum Moderator

@Shay - Great tune Heather, Love the organ solo in the long version, and the guitar tone is really cool in that track.

Here is another one from the era

Mott the Hoople (1971)

Home is where I want to be....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

• QuestioningAmber
    • VickySGV
    • Astrid
    • Erica Gabriel
    • YasminSalaam
    • DeeDee
    • claire1000
    • RachelCJ
    • Denisenj
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

RadicalEmma
    Newest Member
    RadicalEmma

1. Jacqui
      Jacqui
    2. Joanna
      Joanna
      (19 years old)
    • VickySGV
      I am hoping even more that things that benefit us will benefit far more people as well.  My health can be improved by overall improvement in all people's health, especially mental health.  Improvements in education in the science fields will make us not so "other" and inclusions in actual history lessons of all people and events, not to shame anyone but to inform and prepare people to accept who they live with as GOOD neighbors.  Our Trans and LGB history takes its place with both sexism and racism, the AIDS epidemic taught with pandemics and with racial oppression and violence, and more.  All were real and can be taught without blame or shaming.  Adult education needs a new place in our lives.  I can go on, but these are all things that need to come out of the dark hole they were stuffed in for so long.  It is not just Trans I am looking for, and hope all my Trans Siblings can see this with me.  It is quite a job, but if the leadership gets out of the way and lets us go, that is all I hope for.
    • Erica Gabriel
      @DeeDeebeing a postie I really appreciate your discretion. I have stories..........😳
    • VickySGV
      My GCS came out of my pocket because it was 8 years ago, a year before my HMO covered it after finding it was cheaper to provide it than to cover the care of failed suicides, and two years before my state mandated that insurance carriers in the state provide the surgery.  I am still paying it off since it took a home mortgage re-finance to get the cash, but it worked and while not the usual way I actually came out ahead for a number of years since the re-finance was less than the property value at the time and an affordable increase in the monthly payments.  As far as the tax people go, I darn well did use the money for my "home improvements".  I also got a new kitchen, roof and driveway out of the deal, so no loss really, but I did wait on the kitchen until after I was down to a single dilation per day since I had a construction gang in the house to do it.  The waiting is the worst, and if it needs medication to help the anxiety from making you want to hurt yourself, by all means get it.  The virus deal has played hell with my Depression tendencies but mine is the type that gets worse when people try to "cheer me up" and just needs for me to live it our, but I have a deal with myself on it.  The depression will not kill me if I do not try to kill me.  That is the deal and each day I seem to live through that poop.  One day at a time.
    • CallMeKeira
      Welcome. Rest easy. These folks are good souls. 😊
    • CallMeKeira
      Finally having drug myself from bed, I have put coffee on to brew. I suppose it's a quiet morning of playing with my aussie and boxer before I head to work. I'm feeling a green tank dress.   Cheers to all, and good morning!
    • Shay
      I agree with @Charlize about therapy. Finding a warm and understanding therapist is vital. HRT without therapy is not a wise decision. I went through therapy with several therapist over the years who treated depression and panic attacks but didn't treat gender dysphoria. Finding someone who does understand GD is the most important thing I have done besides finding this forum with so many others who have a commonality. we are all different with different needs but common goals and it is so reassuring to have the ladies and gents here to lend an unconditional ear and give advice from experience.
    • MaryEllen
      He talks the talk. Now if he walks the walk all will be good.
    • Jandi
      Yeah.   I lived in this world for years.  I tried to conform myself to what was expected.  Eventually I began to accept reality.  It was very liberating.  I wouldn't say I am an atheist now, but my view of "God" has been drastically altered.  But that would belong in a different thread.   I don't have a problem with Christianity really.  A lot of Christians I know are fine people.  I guess it was just having spent so much of my life in a toxic conservative-christian environment I had to let it go. It is encouraging to see more Christians becoming more accepting of people like us.
    • JustineM
      You ladies all look absolutely fabulous.   Today I am wearing the luxury edition of head to toe dark navy blue provided by Garda CL. With fashionably heavy accessories by Bulletsafe and Galls. Lol  
    • Charlize
      Welcome Drake.  Finding this site was a lifesaver for me.  As an addict in recovery i found that a problem shared is a problem halved.  Simply knowing others understood what a was going through, because they were going through or had gone through the same things,  has been so comforting.  You are amongst friends even though we might be virtual we are here!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jani
      This is me too.  But if it makes you happy, thats all that matters.   Jani
    • Charlize
      I was annoyed that i was required to have therapy and a letter from my therapist before HRT.  It had been recommended here and i listened.  Today i'm glad i did.  I learned a great deal and over time when the inevitable doubts come up i remember events and understanding i found in therapy and know it was time and money well spent.  There have always been some who regret transition.  HRT creates permanent differences. We are all different, with different paths but i am glad that i followed the recommendations of those who guided me to therapy.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jani
      Greetings Vivienne Claire.  I'm another late bloomer who started at 61, five years ago.  Its been a wild ride at times but I am happier with my new life and I trust you will be too.  Hang in there and keep moving forward.  You'll ride out the bumpy days and be stronger.   Cheers, Jani
    • Shay
      I did not need therapist approval for HRT. I talked to my family doctor and found out about a wonderful LGBTQ+ health care network. They aligned me with a NP and had a consult and when I had baseline blood tests and shared records from my doctor I started HRT and have 3 month checks. It is so important to be monitored. 5 years ago I self Grated with gray market E and Spiro and it did cause prostate issues that took years to correct after biopsies and a bunch of tests and treatments. Having your doctor and if your doctor isn't conversant in HRT (as my doctor wasnt) he was willing to share medical info so I can have a SAFE and monitored transition. I don't know how things are in different states or countries but I lucked out and found a therapist who specializes in gender identity and she recommended Equitas in our state and they have been amazing.
    • Vivienne Claire
      Completely agree and hugs back.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.