US Surgery Funding Assistance Programs
If you operate a charity that provides financial assistance and don't see your organization listed here, please contact us with the details!
Note: TransPulse does not administer any of these programs. To get in touch with them, click their names to be taken to their websites.
You might also find this page on Surgery Funding Assistance (US) of info. Human Rights Campaign
- Applicant must understand the steps that are currently required to undergo the medical process of transition, and must have completed - or have outlined plans to complete - the following steps:
- Secure a letter of support from a licensed medical or mental health professional such as a psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, or therapist.
- Select a surgeon who is knowledgeable in transition-related surgeries. If applicant is chosen, the organization assumes this named surgeon is final.
- Identify who will care for and provide support post-surgery.
- If applicant has not completed all of these steps, but is planning to do so, please include your plans in your application.
- Note: If you are selected for funding, the payment will be made directly to the doctor or hospital facility. You must comply with any and all requirements according to the Standards of Care of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), formerly known as the Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association (HBIGDA), as determined by your selected surgeon.
- Applicant must demonstrate a genuine need for financial assistance.
- Applicant must detail the efforts they have made to fund-raise and the amount of cost they will be able to cover on their own, if any.
Point of Pride's program has very few requirements for applicants in an effort to be as inclusive as possible. They require that applicants:
- Applicants must identify as transgender (FtM, MtF, non-binary, genderqueer, gender non-conforming, and all other non-cis identities).
- Applicants must be over the age of 18.
- Applicants must already have begun saving money for their surgery.
- Applicants must complete their surgery within 18 months of receiving the funds.
- Applicants must complete their surgery in the United States with a U.S.-based surgeon (you may live outside of the U.S. and still apply).
The Trans Love Fund is a program of We Are Family, an organization dedicated to providing resources, support and leadership development to LGBTQ+ youth. The Trans Love Fund is dedicated to helping the transgender community of South Carolina by providing microgrants to trans-identified individuals for medical, legal, and emergency living expenses.