• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Oh Rod Argent is so talented!   Also look at that S&H Green Stamps sign, remember those?  They were a big deal when we were younger.  

Jani

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Jani said:

Oh Rod Argent is so talented!   Also look at that S&H Green Stamps sign, remember those?  They were a big deal when we were younger.  

Jani

That Argent song does qualify as an anthem, totally love the organ solo.

Remember the reward catalogs for your S/H Green stamps ? In addition we had "Blue Chip Stamps" out west, same thing, some of the things you could get were pretty nice.

This afternoon, I'm listening to Tarkus - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer (1971)

image.png.2d9fb44e8578ca4e29936656db7ae62c.png

• Forum Moderator
17 hours ago, Jani said:

Jani

I keep getting these prompts to get my vinyl records out ?  . If I remember here they were S&H pink stamps. This was probably because the most common ones were Green Shield stamps, which were green.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

I bought a new belt for my JVC turntable. I need to look through my vinyl collection too! 

I tried out something a little different today. Julia Michaels and Billie Eilish. They’re both okay. Uber chick music. Reminded me a bit of Gwen Stefani but darker. Not bad.

https://g.co/kgs/t8CNPf

my wife tells me this is my song. Lolol ??‍♀️

• Forum Moderator

Both our daughters and their boyfriends have collections of Vinyl, as well as their friends. The platters seem to have a cult following among young adults collecting. We have a few turn tables here, we love our old records...

Today I'm listening to "Naked Eye - Luscious Jackson (1996).....sing along, it's just sooo girl pop and groovy...

image.jpeg.2f687f567d84daee87dd8dbed18acc05.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

That tail fin on the vid is something Jani ? It's so basso nova....dig those bongos...

Tonight, I'm listening to Andres Vollenweider - Eolian Minstrel (1993), the harp playing master composer from Switzerland, and his female vocalist Eliza Gilkyson, so soothing.

C -

• Forum Moderator

This morning I'm listening to the classic from 1992 Susan Vega - As girls go....

The guitar solo at the end speaks to me, it's a bender....

This is becoming a bit of a family anthem, it regularly finds its way into my day because I deperately want to be at the stage where the lyrics apply to me.

• Forum Moderator

I'm running - Yes (1987)

"I hear the thunder underground, tunneling away at the very soul of man"

• Forum Moderator

"Tonight, I'm listening to Andres Vollenweider - Eolian Minstrel (1993"

Beautiful music Cyndee!  Thanks for bringing it up.  

• Forum Moderator

from 1970 the one hit wonder from Pittsburgh, PA The Jaggerz - The Rapper

More cowbell please...

"Hey girl, I betcha"

• Forum Moderator

Goodness Cyndee, that brings back memories.   Love that fuzz pedal on the bass.

"Come up to my place, for some coffee or tea,

or me!

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Cyndee said:

I know it was sad to see Peter go.

Yes.  He was an under appreciated musician, and a bass player! 

I saw this is one of the tributes I read.

Ann Moses (Tiger Beat editor in 1968) asked Peter "What do you have so much of you could afford to give some away?" He replied: "The only thing there is so much more of to give away." "Which is?" I asked.

"The power of love."

"His sincerity was true Peter. Never lived a rock-star lifestyle. He always smiled the brightest on the stage. That is his legacy."

• Forum Moderator
On 2/22/2019 at 8:48 PM, Jani said:

Yes.  He was an under appreciated musician, and a bass player! 

I saw this is one of the tributes I read.

Ann Moses (Tiger Beat editor in 1968) asked Peter "What do you have so much of you could afford to give some away?" He replied: "The only thing there is so much more of to give away." "Which is?" I asked.

"The power of love."

"His sincerity was true Peter. Never lived a rock-star lifestyle. He always smiled the brightest on the stage. That is his legacy."

He was just so goofy in the Monkees (I loved it back in the day, I even joined the Monkees fan club ? in 1967). Yes even though that band was "made for TV" there was serious musical talent there. They did have some serious help in the background as well, with writers, producers, and session players. My wife's friend is a music publisher in LA, she had just posted a picture of Peter and her that was taken not long before he passed away, my wife pulled it up for me after hearing this news, looking at it I could just peer into the soul of this creative mind, wow,  Bless you Peter, you gave us music, smiles, and laughter. Hope you had a good time with the Fleetwood Mac tribute band last night Jani.

This morning I have Jimi in my head phones, as my mind travels to 1967......

"Castles made of sand" - Jimi Hendrix

"Castles made of sand slips into the sea..... eventually"

C -

• Forum Moderator

We had a great time at the concert.  The band Tusk was very good.  They played for over 2 hours and covered a nice range of Fleetwood Mac tunes.  

I'm grooving on a variety of music at Maine Public Radio "in Tune" show.   Right now they're playing "Fortune Teller" by The Throb.

• Forum Moderator

Buckets of Rain - Bob Dylan from "Blood on the Tracks".  I remember when this album was released, it was such a big deal.  I have a vinyl copy.  

• Forum Moderator

Sounds like a wonderful time Jani, good tunes for sure...

This afternoon by the fire (it's snowing here on and off), I am revisiting 1985, another step in time, it's deep......

Susan Vega - Some Journey

• Forum Moderator

Very nice.  I've never been into music from this time or from many women artists, but as I've stumbled upon them I've found I really enjoy it.  Thanks! 

Jani