• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I totally forgot. I had an old friend I hadn't see or heard from in 30 years find me on FB. This is how things should be.

152136784_10219396408683025_6692495041150817144_n.thumb.jpg.3b28cef9171a72386c9885b46c51de7d.jpg

Friends like that are just ???

• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I totally forgot. I had an old friend I hadn't see or heard from in 30 years find me on FB. This is how things should be.

152136784_10219396408683025_6692495041150817144_n.thumb.jpg.3b28cef9171a72386c9885b46c51de7d.jpg

That's awesome! I'm happy for you. The only friend i had in high school died years ago. I should say, the only friend other than my wife. I never have been very social. I've talked here more than any time in my life.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I'm late to the coffee talk, in spite of being up since 06:30 watching the early birds, and squirrels enjoying fresh filled feeders. We even had two Cottontail Rabbits under the feeders taking care of what the birds spilled. We're still way below normal for temperatures here in Central Indiana with single digit temps, and below 0° wind chills. It's Sunny and dry here today so I'll be playing with the snowblower to open the gates to the side yard so I can dig out the 85 gallon trashcans and get them to the curb for pickup Monday AM. We still have over a foot of snow on the ground and drifts in the multiple feet around the yard.

Once Ms.Suzie woke up 9:30ish I started breakfast, four biscuits, four sausage patties, four eggs gently scrambled, and a cup of milk/half&half gravy to deglaze my favorite cast iron skillet. We also had yogurt and seedless grapes.

I love being the house cook, but other than the stove top, grill, and my cast iron. I don't clean... It's an I cook, you clean world here.

Hugs to you all stay warm, positive, and safe,

Mindy??????

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Hey @Jackie C.. Just saw this and thought of you.

151832704_10219619488377915_8308916797743712569_n.thumb.jpg.1a3bb8c7b2ab71173c6e98e0957b3a22.jpg

That's... fair.

Hugs!

4 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

She's really excited for me. We talked and cried for about a half hour. She's sending me makeup tips, link for clothing. Wants to go girly stuff shopping with me. It's awesome.

So happy for you! My three daughters likewise. Took my eldest shopping with me at Walmart for clothes this week and thoroughly enjoyed it! 

Sat around the house all day in my new clothes and applied paint to rock as the muse struck. I’m experimenting with abstract art. I guess this represents a journey from the house past an orchard smelling the flowers to the top of a hill to enjoy the view. 

7E911A6B-8D20-4FB9-A16F-7EC479B88371.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

That's very pretty, it reminds me of a mandala in a lot of ways.

Hugs!

6 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I feel great today. My wife outed my to our daughter last night. She took it well. After my wife ended her call, I texted my daughter apologizing for not telling her myself and she can call me to talk about it. She called me a minute later. She knew already from the picture of my newly pierced ears I sent her. She has several trans, bi, gay, lez, friends. She's really excited for me. We talked and cried for about a half hour. She's sending me makeup tips, link for clothing. Wants to go girly stuff shopping with me. It's awesome. It's going to be a while though. She lives in Florida, and me in Illinois.

God bless you two—acceptance is love. Thanks for sharing this, Jamie.

7 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I feel great today. My wife outed my to our daughter last night. She took it well. After my wife ended her call, I texted my daughter apologizing for not telling her myself and she can call me to talk about it. She called me a minute later. She knew already from the picture of my newly pierced ears I sent her. She has several trans, bi, gay, lez, friends. She's really excited for me. We talked and cried for about a half hour. She's sending me makeup tips, link for clothing. Wants to go girly stuff shopping with me. It's awesome. It's going to be a while though. She lives in Florida, and me in Illinois.

Awesome!!!! I loved the shopping trips my daughter and I took when she was in town and I had just come out.

5 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

8 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

She's really excited for me. We talked and cried for about a half hour. She's sending me makeup tips, link for clothing. Wants to go girly stuff shopping with me. It's awesome.

So happy for you! My three daughters likewise. Took my eldest shopping with me at Walmart for clothes this week and thoroughly enjoyed it! 

My daughters have been my biggest supporters.  

6 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

That's very pretty, it reminds me of a mandala in a lot of ways.

Hugs!

it uses some dotting techniques from a mandala, but also incorporates more irregular features and some elements of reality and abstraction. Kind of a hybrid. Like I said, I'm experimenting... I have never engaged in art before in my life, so this is all new to me.

7 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Sat around the house all day in my new clothes and applied paint to rock as the muse struck. I’m experimenting with abstract art. I guess this represents a journey from the house past an orchard smelling the flowers to the top of a hill to enjoy the view. 

7E911A6B-8D20-4FB9-A16F-7EC479B88371.jpeg

That's pretty. Looks like you found your work for retirement.

7 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

I’m experimenting with abstract art. I guess this represents a journey from the house past an orchard smelling the flowers to the top of a hill to enjoy the view. 

Wow, I missed this earlier. I was so eager to do my thing that I completely skipped this. Very pretty indeed, abstract or not it's vibrant. I almost mistook it for a crochet or some such, so much suggestion of texture.

19 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

That rock is so cool. I've never been good at understanding art so it took me a minute to see the journey it represents. Seems so obvious now.

Good morning Ladies and Gents. It was a nerve racking but good day yesterday. I came out to my 17 yr old granddaughter by way of text. She hadn't responded for several hours, so I sent another text with more details about The pain I've been in. About an hour later she responded with "I really don't have an opinion. If it makes you happy, go for it.". I take that as a positive response. I also came out to my nephew through text. He has a trans son who is about to get his breasts removed. He called me and we had an awesome conversation. At the end of the call he said, "I love you aunt Jamie". Made me feel great. I hope we all can get an experience like that.

Jamie

Good morning everyone,

Almost done with my first cup of coffee. I drank too much roasted goodness yesterday so I'll be switching to tea in a few minutes.

Our new mattress finally showed up yesterday so I spent most of the day rearranging furniture. I had to move the bed from the master bedroom to the guest room and assemble a new bed for the master. We have platform beds with drawers so they have to be disassembled to move them. Our guest room looks so tiny now that it has a bed in it. At least I slept better and didn't wake up with a back ache like I thought I would.

My BIL's girl friend is in town and wants to do brunch today then she wants to take me shopping. It's been a month or so since I've seen either of them and now that I'm finally seeing changes in my face from HRT, I can only imagine what they'll see.

I know where doing brunch at his house but I'm using it for an excuse to dress-up.

As I'm sitting here, drinking tea, thinking about what I'm going to wear later, the challenges of being a woman are making sense. Although I love my hair color it throws off my wardrobe. I bought clothing based on what looks good with light brown/red hair not fire red. Sounds like a legit reason to buy more clothes. And then in a few weeks, when it fades to yet another color altogether, I'll probably be buying more. The same goes for makeup.

Good morning everyone,

Almost done with my first cup of coffee. I drank too much roasted goodness yesterday so I'll be switching to tea in a few minutes.

Our new mattress finally showed up yesterday so I spent most of the day rearranging furniture. I had to move the bed from the master bedroom to the guest room and assemble a new bed for the master. We have platform beds with drawers so they have to be disassembled to move them. Our guest room looks so tiny now that it has a bed in it. At least I slept better and didn't wake up with a back ache like I thought I would.

My BIL's girl friend is in town and wants to do brunch today then she wants to take me shopping. It's been a month or so since I've seen either of them and now that I'm finally seeing changes in my face from HRT, I can only imagine what they'll see.

I know where doing brunch at his house but I'm using it for an excuse to dress-up.

As I'm sitting here, drinking tea, thinking about what I'm going to wear later, the challenges of being a woman are making sense. Although I love my hair color it throws off my wardrobe. I bought clothing based on what looks good with light brown/red hair not fire red. Sounds like a legit reason to buy more clothes. And then in a few weeks, when it fades to yet another color altogether, I'll probably be buying more. The same goes for makeup.

Heck yeah, go get shopping and have a great time. Hope your brunch goes well. I'm glad box springs come in 2 pieces now days. I had to take out a 2nd floor window once just to get a queen size in my room. Moving furniture is never fun, but so rewarding when done.

Jamie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning to all my TP friends. So I put up the notice by our schedule yesterday. The one person I thought would be a problem. Is the one who calls me Kym the most.

I am not sure if I posted this but since We got our new truck Our youngest is buying our 2000 Explorer. well about a month ago. A gal pulled out in front of him. Her insurance co is totaling the truck no surprise there. We are not giving it up, easy repairs. I intend to split the insurance money with him. Being the truck is in my name still he has only made 2 payments. So a little more to put away for my moving money.

I may put some into my wagon to get her operating better. In the event that I am here into May so I can be more comfortable to take her to the big Buick show in Bowling Green, KY.

Been wearing my Minnie bow earrings since Friday.  No negative comments at all not even my wife or son.

Hugs to all and stay safe and warm.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Although I love my hair color it throws off my wardrobe. I bought clothing based on what looks good with light brown/red hair not fire red.

Truth. I'll change my hair color to go better with what I'm wearing on a particular day.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Good morning to all my TP friends. So I put up the notice by our schedule yesterday. The one person I thought would be a problem. Is the one who calls me Kym the most.

I am not sure if I posted this but since We got our new truck Our youngest is buying our 2000 Explorer. well about a month ago. A gal pulled out in front of him. Her insurance co is totaling the truck no surprise there. We are not giving it up, easy repairs. I intend to split the insurance money with him. Being the truck is in my name still he has only made 2 payments. So a little more to put away for my moving money.

I may put some into my wagon to get her operating better. In the event that I am here into May so I can be more comfortable to take her to the big Buick show in Bowling Green, KY.

Been wearing my Minnie bow earrings since Friday.  No negative comments at all not even my wife or son.

Hugs to all and stay safe and warm.

Kymmie

It's nice when you can fix vehicles like that. I've done it a few times. I've always done my own repairs, never had the money to have someone else do it. I've rarely had a garage to work in. One time, I set up scaffolding with a couple 4x4 beams for chain hoist in my gravel driveway to swap an engine. Those days are over now. New car is too complicated, and I don't have the energy for that stuff anymore anyway. 

That's great about the ear rings.

Jamie

Lot's of positive stuff I'm reading! Have a great brunch Liz. Kymmie it brings me joy that you put out that notice and even more that it's been a positive experience so far.  

Confession:  I've hidden most of my life from anything related to transgender people, issues etc etc as I tried to hide from myself so I've been catching up on a lot of stuff in our would these last 6 months.  Today I learned about Kristen Beck and her story.  I vaguely recall hearing about a Seal team member who came out but as all other trans stories, avoided it.   A lot of tears were shed this morning.  My wife and I plan on watching Lady Valour tonight with my son.  Her story (aside from the SEALS extreme mirror so much in my life. Her age, she got married and divorced within a year of me, had kids the same years as me and then finally came out and living her truth.  Turns out, she lives "just down the road" from me about 30 minutes away.  My wife and I both wanted to figure out her address and crash onto her farm and invite her out for coffee lol.

The last 2 days I've been waking up ridiculously early around 5am :(. I think it's because I'm stressed out with trying to secure a business loan to buy the office we want for our massage clinic.  Our Biz was ROCKING pre-covid and the bank said they would take that into consideration as long as we can demonstrate a plan and back it up for how we are going to return to some semblance of normality. I know we will but banks like data.  While it's mostly a "paper loss" because of the way accounting works for the whole PPP grants thing, on paper we lost $174K!!!!!  In real money it was probably only about $35-$40K.  I was OK with that and I purposefully made decisions that kept us in the red a wee bit so that my staff would feel safer and stick it out with me. (you have to take care of your peeps).  We're turning things around now and basically breaking even so I haven't worried about the $$ except now my future depends a lot on convincing a stranger I know what I'm doing and to trust me.  I'm also fearful that being "trans" can influence that. I've heard such horror stories of discrimination by banks and such against us.

Sorry for the venting of fears.  I didn't realise how much I needed to unload my fears.  I don't want to stress my wife out about them, she has enough on her plate.

?you all.

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I came out to my 17 yr old granddaughter by way of text...she responded with "I really don't have an opinion. If it makes you happy, go for it.". I take that as a positive response.

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I also came out to my nephew through text....At the end of the call he said, "I love you aunt Jamie".

I'm so happy for you. Everybody at least either seems to see nothing wrong with it or is enthusiastically supportive.