• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Double great day today. Got my first vaccine shot!  And it's in my new name.  I'm used to seeing my name on my medical records with the insurance company but it just felt weird (in a good way) to file with the county health department and have a nurse hand write my immunization card with my name on it.  squeeee, I feel all warm and fuzzy now.  

0177BDE0-EFEC-4AB0-9216-CF434C661ACE_1_201_a.jpeg

That's awesome!

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just finished putting a $280.00 exhaust blower on my furnace. If I had time to wait, I could have replaced the bearings in the motor for about $30.00. I will rebuild it for next time.

Tomorrow is my first appointment with my new LGBTQ qualified doctor. I'm excited. My even agrees with me now that the standard HRT meds will be better for me than the transitioning herbs I've been on. That's good news for me. Safer by far.

I got my electrolysis unit today, 2 days early. Can't wait to check it out. It came with a DVD also.

AVX 600.jpg

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

I just finished putting a $280.00 exhaust blower on my furnace. If I had time to wait, I could have replaced the bearings in the motor for about $30.00. I will rebuild it for next time.

Tomorrow is my first appointment with my new LGBTQ qualified doctor. I'm excited. My even agrees with me now that the standard HRT meds will be better for me than the transitioning herbs I've been on. That's good news for me. Safer by far.

I got my electrolysis unit today, 2 days early. Can't wait to check it out. It came with a DVD also.

AVX 600.jpg

Brain dead again.  My WIFE agrees with me about the standard HRT.

• Forum Moderator
On 2/15/2021 at 10:24 PM, KymmieL said:

I need to ask a question: Does Kymbrill seem like a male name? It is what I have on my new work shirts. yet I still get Sir'd all the time. It is no big deal right at the moment but.

Everyone have a good night, and Stay warm.

Kymmie

Kymmie personally I think it’s more how you present than your name.  I don’t think of Kymbrill as a male name.  Hair, makeup and breasts.  The things that most visibly say female.  Then voice.  

we were watching a tv show today and there was clearly a trans woman but what made it most obvious was over the top makeup and hair that looked like she hadn’t made any attempt to comb it let alone make it appear feminine.  Not everyone can or knows how, not their fault but I think that’s the biggest problem.

Willow

I do two support group zooms, tonight was the one for the county I actually live in. It's all types of trans people, and sometimes I do think it'd be nice to be in one just for trans women/femme types, but it does give me a couple hours a month where there's a comfort in talking to people who get it. 

RhondaS,

would love to zoom with you on a trans/femme session!

nice to relate to others ladies like us!
-Anna

• Forum Moderator

Kinda up and down today. For some reason I left for work this morning ready to just leave. I was in bad shape. It took me almost a half an hour to get myself ready for work.

I had found a Zoom group in Denver. Nothing that I found closer. I emailed the contact person. She sent me a registration link. So I set to join the meeting tomorrow night. Not sure what the wife will say. So that brightened up my day just a little.

Then while at lunch, I had our commercial parts guy. Get something out of our little fridge. Our break area (if that is what it is called.) is where I was working on one of my stories. above the fridge and in front of the microwave. He excused himself to get what he needed. then he asks me. "So is it, Kym or Tim. I want to be respectful. of your wishes." I said either is fine for now. 

Then later the one counter guy that I thought was going to possibly a problem asked the same thing.

SO that made the sad start a little better.

Hugs, To all.

Kymmie

Well I had my first zoom meeting with the support group near me. It went great it was nice to be be able see and relate to all these other ladies that are going through the same thing. One even just started hrt while we were online.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

10 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Brain dead again.  My WIFE agrees with me about the standard HRT.

Again, don't take herbal supplements to transition. The best result is that they don't work. The worst result is that they permanently damage your body. Never, ever try to feminize yourself without the supervision of a doctor trained in administering HRT. Safety first.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I said either is fine for now. 

I would have said, "Kym please." After all, I have no idea who this "Tim" person is. I've actually shut down quite a few salespeople when the ask for my dead name. It's always, "I'm sorry, but nobody lives here by that name." Then they apologize and go away.

I'm glad that your coworkers are getting with the program though!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning.  

Possible severe storms here, but that means heavy rain, flash floods, thunderstorms and maybe a tornado.  Feeling bad for those people in N.C. that got hit with no warning.

My daughter is now getting the storm that’s crossing the country.  Freezing rain changing to snow with up to 10” expected.  She said she can close to wrecking this morning on her way to work.  Everyone please stay safe.

Kymbrill, I think you missed an opportunity.  But at least you are feeling better.  Did something trigger this?

@Anna A I might be able to get you into a group in Wilmington if you’d like or maybe they will know of one closer to you.  This group is sponsored by a therapy group, is broken down by age and before Covid met once a month in person.  Message me if interested.

take care everyone

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Good morning.  

Possible severe storms here, but that means heavy rain, flash floods, thunderstorms and maybe a tornado.  Feeling bad for those people in N.C. that got hit with no warning.

Willow

Freezing rain, sleet and a wee bit of snow falling here in DC. Too slippery to drive so working from home today. Stay safe ladies.

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020 my daughter lives in Stephens City about 60 miles west and works in Warrenton. Already bad out there and she has to go over the Blue Ridge on I66.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Willow said:

Kymbrill, I think you missed an opportunity.  But at least you are feeling better.  Did something trigger this?

Yeah, only thing that I see that triggered it. I have a nice Walls jacket and the zipper screwed up. So Tuesday my wife took it to a place to get it fixed. they said it isn't broken. So yesterday I went to wear it to work. The zipper came apart again. Even showing my youngest.  I told him as I left that Mom will never believe me. As I walked to the truck it hit me. Maybe I should just leave.

I had to calm down some before I could drive to work. then for 20 mins I sat in the parking lot at work. Several times I thought about texting the boss telling him that I will be a couple min late I am having emotional problems.  But I was able to pull myself together.

I am going to put up a sign at work by the schedule saying to call me Kym and to use the proper pronouns.

Well I received the information on the transfeminine support group. I just wonder what my wife is going to say. Or the "discussion" after. If you see a mushroom  cloud towards WY. you will know.

Have a great day everyone, Stay safe, stay warm, stay off the crazy roads.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

Today is my Suzie's 65th Birthday, so I got up and fixed her favorite breakfast. Two Bob Evans pork sausage patties, two eggs over medium, whole wheat toast with real butter, and orange marmalade. To wash it down she had a glass of pulp free orange juice, and her favorite decaff coffee. There was a Birthday Card waiting for her on the Keurig coffee maker, and she was gracious after reading it. Today our daughter and two youngest grandsons are coming over to build snow people in the front yard for her. They're extremely COVID afraid, maybe even "paranoid" and won't get any closer to her than the front yard as long as she watches from the picture window. It will be a mixed bag of emotions for Suzie, because she misses the grandsons so much, and the Snow Globe effect as she watches them will be tough on her. I've ordered a cake and our son and his family will be there this evening to help me sing Happy Birthday to her. This evening will be great.

Kymbrill, I hope you have an improving day with coworkers and your family. You're in my prayers.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe,

Mindy???

11 hours ago, KymmieL said:

He excused himself to get what he needed. then he asks me. "So is it, Kym or Tim. I want to be respectful. of your wishes." I said either is fine for now. 

Then later the one counter guy that I thought was going to possibly a problem asked the same thing.

SO that made the sad start a little better.

I had a similar situation a couple of days ago.  It was nice, these things do help.  

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Yeah, only thing that I see that triggered it. I have a nice Walls jacket and the zipper screwed up. So Tuesday my wife took it to a place to get it fixed. they said it isn't broken. So yesterday I went to wear it to work. The zipper came apart again. Even showing my youngest.  I told him as I left that Mom will never believe me. As I walked to the truck it hit me. Maybe I should just leave.

I had to calm down some before I could drive to work. then for 20 mins I sat in the parking lot at work. Several times I thought about texting the boss telling him that I will be a couple min late I am having emotional problems.  But I was able to pull myself together.

I am going to put up a sign at work by the schedule saying to call me Kym and to use the proper pronouns.

Well I received the information on the transfeminine support group. I just wonder what my wife is going to say. Or the "discussion" after. If you see a mushroom  cloud towards WY. you will know.

Have a great day everyone, Stay safe, stay warm, stay off the crazy roads.

Hugs,

Kymmie

While I totally agree that leaving would be better for your emotional health, you should have somewhere to go first. Once you've got a destination, by all means leave post-haste. Leave Kymmbrill-shaped holes in the wall as you go, punctuated only by your rapidly fading cloud of dust. Channel your inner Road Runner and meep meep your way to a better life.

Tragically, I could not find a cute gif for, "Correct name and pronouns... or else..." I thought something with a tough-looking biker girl would have been appropriate. Tragically, the internet has failed me. Best of luck with the co-workers though. May you have at least one safe-haven where you can be Kymmie in peace.

I will keep my eyes averted from the West this evening, lest I burn my retinas with the ensuing detonation. That's going to be hard though. My computer faces West. Maybe I'll just keep the curtains drawn. In either case, good luck with your spouse. Maybe she won't notice.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

I do have a safe haven. It is called the VA. but that is 45 miles away.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Finally solved the problem with my wife using my computer. I got myself a new one. IBM was having a prez day sale. So I hopped on one. SO the wife is getting this one or my old one if my son want this one. but first I am do a full factory reboot o this one.

So tomorrow is a busy day. I got a in person appointment with physical therapy. To see about my back pain. Then since my speech therapist didn't get informed of our appointment today. I will see her after PT. then get my labs done, then I'm stopping at the woman's clinic to make an Face to Face appointment with my GYN.

Oh, did I mention that my youngest is going to be working days tomorrow. and I will be in Kymmie mode. for my VA visits. Yea.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Finally solved the problem with my wife using my computer. I got myself a new one. IBM was having a prez day sale. So I hopped on one. SO the wife is getting this one or my old one if my son want this one. but first I am do a full factory reboot o this one.

So tomorrow is a busy day. I got a in person appointment with physical therapy. To see about my back pain. Then since my speech therapist didn't get informed of our appointment today. I will see her after PT. then get my labs done, then I'm stopping at the woman's clinic to make an Face to Face appointment with my GYN.

Oh, did I mention that my youngest is going to be working days tomorrow. and I will be in Kymmie mode. for my VA visits. Yea.

Kymmie

Sounds like you have a full day planned! Make sure to port your data over to the new machine before you do the nuke and repave. You do NOT want to discover you're missing something vital a couple weeks down the line.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Well not mushroom cloud. not even a firework. She didn't as what meeting. so I didn't tell. It was fun even though I was quiet though it. I know my wife got upset about something. I heard some heated words when my son was home for lunch. But no back lash.

Now for Kymmie time. Trying to figure what to wear,( One of a girls biggest problems) Something girly but will also keep me warm. It's 16 with a wind.

Kymmie

Good morning all. I had my first appointment with my new doctor yesterday. It went well. Waiting for blood test results to come back. We discussed going on estradol and spiro. I can't wait to get on the program and get off the unregulated stuff I'm on now.

• Forum Moderator

Hi all

First let me explain something, my wife and I had a talk a few days ago about friends. I said I had no friendships for years.  I don’t make friends easily as I am too introverted.  (She is too) it came around to did I need to talk to people here blah blah so I will be back on here at least daily but not as much as I was.

@KymmieL I can tell you that when I am stressed about something it doesn’t take much to set my depression off. Just last night, I was stressed about a bill I was certain I had paid but they were claiming I hadn’t.  The dog had to go out so I let her out. After a while, she let herself back in.  She can open our doors from the outside.  Normally if one lets her out, the other lets her in.  Well my wife ignored the fact that the dog was in the house meaning a door was open .  So I had to get up.  Which with my foot isn’t the easiest yet.  “She was in the middle of something “ so was I. The set me off but I did my best to let it go.  Obviously I haven’t completely.   Good luck with your appointments today.

hugs to everyone be safe if you are in the storm path.

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Hi all

First let me explain something, my wife and I had a talk a few days ago about friends. I said I had no friendships for years.  I don’t make friends easily as I am too introverted.  (She is too) it came around to did I need to talk to people here blah blah so I will be back on here at least daily but not as much as I was.

@KymmieL I can tell you that when I am stressed about something it doesn’t take much to set my depression off. Just last night, I was stressed about a bill I was certain I had paid but they were claiming I hadn’t.  The dog had to go out so I let her out. After a while, she let herself back in.  She can open our doors from the outside.  Normally if one lets her out, the other lets her in.  Well my wife ignored the fact that the dog was in the house meaning a door was open .  So I had to get up.  Which with my foot isn’t the easiest yet.  “She was in the middle of something “ so was I. The set me off but I did my best to let it go.  Obviously I haven’t completely.   Good luck with your appointments today.

hugs to everyone be safe if you are in the storm path.

Willow

My wife isn't thrilled about me being in a forum. She's afraid of me divulging personal information. She thinks you all are influencing me too much. I guess it's too hard for her to understand that you are helping me. I get a lot of depression like most or all of us. This forum helps me. I was almost dumbfounded when I looked at my personal info checklist about depression and anxiety at my doctors office yesterday. It was an eye opener. He gave me a few names of therapists who deal with LGBTQ people. His top choice is a transwoman. 1-1/2 hour drive, but does teleconferencing.