• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Just gimme the word

I'm going to go with laugh. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? Besides, the world is treating me just like one of the girls. Exactly what I signed on for.

Hugs!

• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

News from the Jackieverse: This week I filled my Girl Bingo card!

• I've had to deal with a bunch of ridiculous clothing restrictions. Seriously, the straps on a tank need to be four fingers wide? (As an example, there's a LOT of dumb in my dress code.)
  • I got "mansplained" about how to finance a car.
  • I've cried inconsolably over the loss of an object with sentimental value. Seriously. It was more than two hours. My wife was baffled.
  • I've had a man bend over backwards to bend the rules so he wouldn't have to bear witness to my imminent breakdown.
  • I got groped!

BINGO! What do I win?

In all seriousness though, I'm not THAT upset. I'm generally over it. I just thought it was funny that I got dumped on all at once.

Hugs!

Wow.  Those are all "laugh or cry" items except that last one.  That makes me angry. 

I am glad you are able to laugh about it all.  I take groping very seriously.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

I take groping very seriously.

It was a very autistic late elementary school age boy (I'm being vague because HIPPA). He struck like a snake. Honestly more funny than anything else.

Hugs!

4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

• I've had to deal with a bunch of ridiculous clothing restrictions. Seriously, the straps on a tank need to be four fingers wide? (As an example, there's a LOT of dumb in my dress code.)
  • I've cried inconsolably over the loss of an object with sentimental value. Seriously. It was more than two hours. My wife was baffled.
  • I've had a man bend over backwards to bend the rules so he wouldn't have to bear witness to my imminent breakdown.
  • I got groped!

BINGO! What do I win?

In all seriousness though, I'm not THAT upset. I'm generally over it. I just thought it was funny that I got dumped on all at once.

Hugs!

OMG! I thought I had a day. lol. Thanks Jackie for putting things into place for me ;)

I did totally lose it today as well. My wife gave me a coffee mug she had made with my name on it for xmas and unfortunately, the lettering came off almost immediately.  I had been holding on to it even though the letters were illegible because of how thoughtful it was. I was putting it away and paused to look at it and we both looked at each other a said at the same time "Donation"?  I put it in the donation pile then just started sobbing.  The weird thing is we both knew it was my hormones raging and I would laugh for a second then cry again, then smile while my core was emotional hell.  It's been eye opening for sure since going on HRT

• Forum Moderator

Good day today.  I got “ladies” and mame’d all day today. 

even by the clerk at Home Depot who saw my I’d to get my veteran discount.  

Willow

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

It was a very autistic late elementary school age boy (I'm being vague because HIPPA). He struck like a snake. Honestly more funny than anything else.

Hugs!

Glad to hear it.  I can see that that could be funny.

8 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

• I got groped!

You had me at groped. lol.

Jackie C love the Girl Bingo card!

My first day dressed at work, I had to show a company director from another contract, around our building and give him a tour of the restricted areas. I was confused as hell when he kinda snatched the door out my hands an insisted on holding it open for me! 

At first I was confused, then gave a polite smile as the penny dropped :)

• Forum Moderator

What a session yesterday. it was mostly me and my wife. my son joined from work. but dropped out. It was heated to say the least. we did make progress though, even just a little. My wife accused me of hiding Kym with keeping my work shirts at work. Me telling her I just didn't want the conflict. We are still together for now.

But the big thing that came out. I lost my oldest. I come to find out he is telling my wife to leave me that she will be better off without me. If that isn't a kick in the head. It breaks my heart that he could say that. So as of now, I have two sons and 2 grandsons. (who are visiting this weekend, Yeah) boy am I going to have a fun session with my therapist this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone. I am going to try

Hugs,

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

But the big thing that came out. I lost my oldest. I come to find out he is telling my wife to leave me that she will be better off without me.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Definitely a kick but it may be out of concern for his mom's well being if he sees that she is miserable and doesn't want to be married to Kymmie.  You may not have "lost" him, he just thinks you two should be separated.  The relationship with him may be crap but not over per se.  

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I lost my oldest. I come to find out he is telling my wife to leave me that she will be better off without me.

Well that's a... string of creative profanity that I shouldn't use. His loss though. You're a lovely person and if he can't see that AND he's trying to throw more fuel on the argument you and your spouse are having... I'm sorry. You raised a butt-head. I hope your grandchildren move past him and seek you out as they get older and more independent.

Big hugs sweetie. It's hard when someone close to us rejects us and cuts us out of their lives. The hurt fades though. You'll be OK.

Hugs!

14 hours ago, Willow said:

Good day today.  I got “ladies” and mame’d all day today. 

even by the clerk at Home Depot who saw my I’d to get my veteran discount.  

Willow

I've found Home Depot to be really good at proper gendering. I've gone into a few over the last 6 months and they always treated me with respect.  I don't like some aspects of ownership of that company, but at least they treat us right in the stores. I've used the bathrooms with no issues too.

• Forum Moderator

Wow Jackie. That’s quite a day.  I don’t know how I would react to getting groped.  Too shock to do anything or haul off and hit someone?  And would it matter if it was a woman doing to groping.  Sorry you lost something of sentimental value I know how that can be.

Kymmie,  sometimes you can’t win.  Like you said you kept the shirts at work to avoid conflict but maybe talking out the conflict and confusion would be a better approach.  It’s can’t win if you do and can’t win if you don’t .  

It’s everyone drives a yellow green car season.  The pollen is so heavy when the wind blows it’s like a cloud blowing through. You have to at least rinse it off every other day, car wash would be better.

TGIF

Willow

16 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Hugs!

Surprisingly, I got grouped more presenting as a man when I wore my kilt. Every time I wore it to the bar, women would grab my ass. lol. Presenting as my true self, hasn't happened yet.  Could be I weird people out or maybe my ass just ain't what it use to be ;)

• Forum Moderator

Maybe I should have said. I have lost my son for now.  But it is still a kick maybe not to the head. a couple feet lower.

Kymmie

Hi everyone. I've not been around for a few days. I've been a tad under the weather lately, nothing serious. 

I did get my concealed carry permit, a girl has to be careful out there. I'm sorry to hear the problems some are faced with here, I hope things work out for the best.

purse gun.jpg

• Forum Moderator

That is why I love Wyoming. concealed with no permit required. I would like to find a thigh holster but I would have to carry my little auto as I don't think my compact 9 would fit and still look good.

Had a good session with my therapist earlier. told her everything that has been going on.

Have a good night everyone.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Handguns are very hard to find these days.  And when you do find availability they are top dollar.  

with the latest mass shootings, there is talk of gun control again.  But here in South Carolina they think they figured out how to circumvent it.  Pass a State amendment calling for all South Carolinians to be members of a State Militia thus giving them the permanent right to bear arms.

Funny thing about SC, you can get a concealed carry license but you can’t ever open carry.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Willow said:

Funny thing about SC, you can get a concealed carry license but you can’t ever open carry.

To be fair, it's much harder to concealed carry military-grade assault weapons. Those of us that are pro gun control are generally OK with pistols and hunting rifles.

Though admittedly it's harder to hide a hunting rifle or shotgun in your pants too.

7 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Had a good session with my therapist earlier. told her everything that has been going on.

It hope it made you feel a little better to be able to get it off your chest like that. My last session was just, "And this is the crap that happened to me since we last talked," too.

Hugs!

*places mug down*

Good morning. @KymmieL hope your session Friday went well enough with your therapist. I am sure there was a lot to process.

*sips coffee*

Didn’t sleep well last night, lots of weird dreams that kept waking me up. I think I am suddenly stressed with getting my hair cut, styled, and getting highlights today because I have to tell a complete stranger in a semi-public forum that yes, I identify as female. I am also scared that there will be other people in there getting their hair done at the same time, and that it is something of judgement from other patrons.

*sips coffee*

I think I have reached the point where I might pull the trigger in just under two weeks to come out to the world. I am going to start by calling HR on the following Friday and securing whatever protections that I need and my employer provides. Then from there let my HR partner help me come out to my boss, then my team, then I will talk to specific people I trust before it is a blanket update to others. Once it happens at work, I have a Facebook Post already drafted in a Word Doc that will assert who I am and basically will say if you aren’t with me, drop now. I am kind of excited, kind of nervous for this step. It’s been a long time coming.

*sips coffee*

• Forum Moderator

@AmberM, Good luck with your coming out!

Getting your hair cut is a bit nerve-wracking.  But you'll get used to it.  It will be easier when you are out to the world.  I still have some stress when I go to get mine cut, because I always wear a wig in public.  But I have to take the wig off to get my hair cut, which means outing myself by my male pattern baldness.  Any stylist I have gone to has been good about it.  The other clients, I don't really care about.

Sometimes, I go to the beauty school to get it cut.  I become an educational experience for the students.  I went there one time to get my eyebrows waxed.  The student doing the work was having a hard time getting rid of some of the hairs, and tried six times, to the point where the skin was starting to really hurt.  She called over her instructor, and said, "It is hurting him."  ( I was presenting full femme at that point.)  I just said "Her."  As soon as the instructor had suggested a course of action to deal with the hair, she called the student into the back room.  A few minutes later, she returned, very apologetic.  So there is one new esthetician who has a better knowledge of how to treat trans clients.  FTW

Weekend morning espresso today.  Very nice on a cold, blustery, wet day.

2 hours ago, AmberM said:

Didn’t sleep well last night, lots of weird dreams that kept waking me up. I think I am suddenly stressed with getting my hair cut, styled, and getting highlights today because I have to tell a complete stranger in a semi-public forum that yes, I identify as female. I am also scared that there will be other people in there getting their hair done at the same time, and that it is something of judgement from other patrons.

*sips coffee*

I think I have reached the point where I might pull the trigger in just under two weeks to come out to the world. I am going to start by calling HR on the following Friday and securing whatever protections that I need and my employer provides. Then from there let my HR partner help me come out to my boss, then my team, then I will talk to specific people I trust before it is a blanket update to others. Once it happens at work, I have a Facebook Post already drafted in a Word Doc that will assert who I am and basically will say if you aren’t with me, drop now. I am kind of excited, kind of nervous for this step. It’s been a long time coming.

I had to do this with my stylist last Fall.  We've using her for the last few years but when she told us she met her husband at church my heart kinda dropped. I was thinking it was gonna be a problem. Cause then she asked me what I'd like to do. In a split-second of fear and anger (at myself for feeling ashamed) I firmly said "girl". She stopped and looked at me. In a slight you heard me right tone I looked back at her and just said yes. Maybe she figured she could either work with me and I would always and forever give her money when my hair needed help or I'd find someone else.

I kinda went the same way at work. A few close people, including my supervisor, knew. Then the rest of management. Followed-up a month or two later with the company-wide email.

I tried not to out myself all at once on FB. First I updated my pitcure with a very recent, Faceapp assisted for longer hair, photo. It was received well so it was quickly followed-up with a name and gender change which was not supposed to go public but oh well. It also went very good and I got lots of love from my friends at first. Over time I think my friends forgot about me and reverted to their true nature. I started seeing posts about God only created two genders and he decided who you are, no trans-woman in women's sports, yada, yada, yada. I was forced to put up a post giving everyone a chance to leave if they have a problem with the trans community. Only one person commented to sheepishly defend themselves but since then the hate has come to a full-stop and life goes on.

5 hours ago, AmberM said:

*places mug down*

Good morning. @KymmieL hope your session Friday went well enough with your therapist. I am sure there was a lot to process.

*sips coffee*

*sips coffee*

*sips coffee*

Call you hair salon and let them know this is your first woman's haircut since transitioning so you may need some "hand holding" from your stylist.  This way you don't have to "out yourself" per se in an open space.  My experience with stylists is they will go out of your way to help you find your new look.  The other patrons aren't even going to care in all likelihood.  We tend to overestimate others peoples judgment in the beginning of presenting in public.  You're going to love the salon experience as a woman. 

Sounds like you have a good plan for work. Way to go girl!

For social media I changed my name and gender then Dm the closest people in my friends list that I didn't have the inclination to call directly.  Then did a basic post that went basically "Friends, I've change my name and now identify as a woman, please use she/her as pronouns. I am excited about finally coming out and I know not everyone will understand but would love and appreciate all of your support during this challenging time of my transition. I'm happy to talk to you individually about it but not here on social media".    By asking for love and support you are basically giving them an out to quietly not support you if that's the way they want to be but not publicly giving people an ultimatum of support me or hit the road.  Sure, you are going to lose some peeps, but I guarantee you will get more support than you believe and if someone were stupid enough to post some BS your allies will jump all over them..  

We all hear horror stories but I've found that if you are open and confident in who you are, people will come out of the wood work just to be there for your journey. You will inspire more people than you will chase away.  Good luck, I'm happy to hear you're at this point.

Hugs and Love

Bri