• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I had an interesting day. I needed to get out of the house for while. I thought I might go see my sister. It ha been several years since I actually saw her face to face. I grabbed a bottle of wine for a gift and made the hour and 15 minute drive down to her town not even knowing the street address. I figured things would just work out however they're supposed to. When i got there I called my mother, who lives in a different state, to get the address to a house I had never been to. She gave me the address and suggested I call first. I told her I wasn't going to because it would ruin the surprise. My relationship with my sister has been severely strained over the years and I had no idea how she would feel about me just showing up but I was received with open arms and hugs. There was a little misgendering on her part but I laughed it off and commented that I thought between my long hair, bright blue dress and boobs she wouldn't be having these problems. Things felt right in my world. I spent the better part of the afternoon hanging out before I had to leave for my BIL's house.

90 minutes later......

At my BIL's house, his GF and my MIL were also there. We ate dinner and played cards. It felt like we were all just old friends. I remain skeptical of our friendships surviving over the long haul but for now it works so I'm just going with it. I didn't get home until 9:45 (I'm usually home around 6) so my furry kids were a little miffed at me. I told them I would try to not make it a habit but I don't know if they believe me or not.

Tomorrow I have plans for a little retail therapy with a friend. Who knows what all the day will bring. I'm excited to find out.

That sounds great Liz! I'm glad you're coping and everybody is being supportive.

I've had that exact conversation with some family members, "Seriously? What part of this says 'sir' to you?"

Hugs!

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

There was a little misgendering on her part but I laughed it off and commented that I thought between my long hair, bright blue dress and boobs she wouldn't be having these problems. Things felt right in my world. I spent the better part of the afternoon hanging out before I had to leave for my BIL's house.

90 minutes later......

At my BIL's house, his GF and my MIL were also there. We ate dinner and played cards. It felt like we were all just old friends. I remain skeptical of our friendships surviving over the long haul but for now it works so I'm just going with it. I didn't get home until 9:45 (I'm usually home around 6) so my furry kids were a little miffed at me. I told them I would try to not make it a habit but I don't know if they believe me or not.

Tomorrow I have plans for a little retail therapy with a friend. Who knows what all the day will bring. I'm excited to find out.

A couple things here: Who knows with the inlaws. It sounds like you've had a decent relationship with them in the past so you never know moving forward. Everyone grieves and copes differently.  It's possible that they will want to stay connected to you because it gives them a sense of staying connected to her too.  Or, they may struggle to see you carry on without her.  Give them the openness and ability to deal in their own way. 

You know I'm a fan of retail therapy, you must tell us how that goes today and what you picked up.

Last but first on my mind when I read this post and I can't believe no one has mentioned it: A BRIGHT BLUE DRESS? Who are you? 

Liz, I am happy to see you getting through this. Love and hugs to you.

30 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

Last but first on my mind when I read this post and I can't believe no one has mentioned it: A BRIGHT BLUE DRESS? Who are you? 

Good point. ❤️

• Forum Moderator

Good, but cold morning 

at least the coffee is hot.  It got down to 21 outside last night and mid 50s inside.  I don’t dare run the unvented propane heater if I’m not up to monitor it and the electric can’t keep up. But I’m up and the propane is running at least until the chill is gone.

It pretty outside.  Clear sky beautiful sunshine.  Everything covered in white frost.  Which also means it’s very slippery on the dock.

busy day after it warms up.  Hardware store, recycle center.  And emptying the black water at the state park.  My most favorite thing to do.  Yuck!

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Well, unfortunately I proved my point, the gas line developed a pin hole and I had a run away heater.  Good thing I was right there to shut off the tank.

31 minutes ago, Willow said:

Well, unfortunately I proved my point, the gas line developed a pin hole and I had a run away heater.  Good thing I was right there to shut off the tank.

Glad you caught it before anything happened. 

Coffee is strong and more heavenly than usual. Been out of coffee for the last 3 days so it’s tasting great. Really disappointed though, had my hormone levels checked yesterday since they switched me to the patches. My estrogen dropped over 70 points and my t jumped up 100 points. So I’ll have to wait til tomorrow to see what the Dr says. Trying to resist the urge to start taking my pills again until I hear from the Dr. 

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star I am so glad things went well for you as you posted above. I'm glad your sister was helpful and your BIL, GF and MIL. 

SUPER HUGS 

@Heather Shay

A touch off topic but you have the most welcoming and disarming smile!  The type of smile you can't help but smile back at.  I should know as I do it every time I see one of your posts.  Best wishes!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Good morning everyone, Coffee was the usual.

Bri, this is the out of character, note that I took away as well. "A BRIGHT BLUE DRESS?"!

@Elizabeth Star since I don't check the What are you wearing thread daily. Have we seen this dress?

I'm really happy to hear you just showed up at your sisters house without announcement or planing.

It's a "Take Me As I Am" moment. I hope the hugs were real winners as well.

@WillowI'm relieved that you're safety awareness for propane space heater is up to par. It's better to bundle up overnight that to risk leaving the space heater run unattended. Equipment failure as well as CO build up are always possible. You're the safe Captain I would trust. Day before yesterday our local weather person made a good point about daylight and the sunset. It was the last day that Sunset would be before 18:00. The days are getting longer, and daily solar warming is getting better.

@JustineM I hope your doctors work out your levels quickly.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Oh yeah snowed all day yesterday and it was so cold I just stayed inside most of the day.

Got out and shoved snow for a bit grabbed my mail and back inside.

Good morning all. It's 24 deg. with sun shining here today. 

Has anyone here gone to Precision Hair Removal on Foster Ave. in Chicago? If so, how safe is the area? I have my first app. next week and my wife wants to wait out in the car. The first visit is only a 2 hr. one. From Google Earth, it looks like you can park on the street in front of building. Is this correct?

Jamie.jpg

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone, Coffee was the usual.

@WillowI'm relieved that you're safety awareness for propane space heater is up to par. It's better to bundle up overnight that to risk leaving the space heater run unattended. Equipment failure as well as CO build up are always possible. You're the safe Captain I would trust. Day before yesterday our local weather person made a good point about daylight and the sunset. It was the last day that Sunset would be before 18:00. The days are getting longer, and daily solar warming is getting better.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Mindy, I appreciate your vote of confidence.  Yes, I am well aware of the dangers of burning propane, K1 or natural gas indoors unventilated.  Even though the manufacturer says they are safe, I never trust them.  The heater has a CO detector built in and unfortunately I know that works.  This actually wasn’t an issue with the heater.  I had it hooked up to a 20lb tank with an adapter.  The adapter failed.  (It made to use 2lb tanks but they are not available anywhere pandemic). I normally use 1lb but they were all empty.  I will test it outdoors before I bring it back in.  I am always cautious about fire.  Taught first aid, O2 administration and how to use an AID.  I have my own AED, and O2 delivery systems.

So as my wife and I get older I will keep them at the ready.

hugs

Willow

3 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Good morning all. It's 24 deg. with sun shining here today. 

Has anyone here gone to Precision Hair Removal on Foster Ave. in Chicago? If so, how safe is the area? I have my first app. next week and my wife wants to wait out in the car. The first visit is only a 2 hr. one. From Google Earth, it looks like you can park on the street in front of building. Is this correct?

Jamie.jpg

I've only been to Wilmette location but my son lives near the Chicago one and the neighborhood seems fine

11 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I know right? Who would have thought? It seemed to take a while for anyone to pick up on that. (also, not my bathroom)

IMG_5413.jpeg

Today I met up with my BIL's girlfriend to go grocery shopping. My outfit was a little bit on the "extra" but it still fits my style. I posted a pic on the what are you wearing thread. On our way to the store I had mentioned that I had always wanted to get my nose pierced. She was just like "cool, where do you want to get it done?" I suggested a new place by my in-law's house. After groceries we headed straight there.  Now I have a topaz stud on my left nostril.🙂

Once that was all done I made a stop at home and picked up a few of my partner's things to give to her mother. She still has her bedroom more-or-less the same as it was many years ago when she moved out so the items will find a new home there. We're all doing our best but there's still a lot of tears.

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I know right? Who would have thought? It seemed to take a while for anyone to pick up on that. (also, not my bathroom)

IMG_5413.jpeg

Wow! You look great! 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Once that was all done I made a stop at home and picked up a few of my partner's things to give to her mother. She still has her bedroom more-or-less the same as it was many years ago when she moved out so the items will find a new home there. We're all doing our best but there's still a lot of tears.

That’s really nice that you’re helping them keep your partner’s keepsakes and memories together. 

Topaz is my birthstone and first earrings. 

Best wishes,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

IMG_5413.jpeg

Holy Moly! Wow wee! Hot Dang! Great Googly Moogly. Wowzee wowzee woo-woo.

6 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I've only been to Wilmette location but my son lives near the Chicago one and the neighborhood seems fine

Thanks. ❤️

Good morning all!

Went to see a show my son was in at college, and seeing a trans woman in the cast up there living her best life was quite wonderful for me to see. 

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star, that is a cute dress. Yes, it does fit your style. Keep going girl.

@Willow I am glad you weren't blown to the moon. I am always Leary of propane machines operated indoors.

Things are going OK for me. everything is about the same. Wife still is like Jeckle and Hyde.

I have one thing that always brings a smile to my face. When I feel the E patch on my hip.

Hugs, to all.

Kymmie

9 hours ago, Erica Gabriel said:

Holy Moly! Wow wee! Hot Dang! Great Googly Moogly. Wowzee wowzee woo-woo.

^What she said^.  I've always said this Liz, I know you like the goth look but bright colors look stunning on you.

3 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Good morning all!

Went to see a show my son was in at college, and seeing a trans woman in the cast up there living her best life was quite wonderful for me to see. 

Awesome.  I always get this nagging guilt that I should be some kind of advocate or do advocacy for us transgender peeps but I come back to this. Live openly, authentically and my best life for all to see. It will inspire others going through transition and will help normalize transgender people for others.  So for now, that's how I do my advocacy.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Good morning all!

Good morning Rhonda,

It is great to see and hear about trans people being able to live their lives chasing their dreams on the stage.