• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Happy hump day!

coffee is mostly gone.   I’ve been petting our dog and if I stop she’ll demand more.

@Bri2020thanks for sharing everything you are or have gone through to get to where you are.  I know that I figure the are professionals, and have seen it all before.  Like others have said I don’t really need a bra but I always wear one.  The only place I have issues is for lab work.  They insist on my legal name.  

otherwise nothing much going on.  

Willow

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Mandy Jo said:

Found out my wife set up an appointment for a makeover for me this weekend

congratulations, sounds like an exciting time ,,, take pictures before and after ,,, something i always forget to do,,

Hugs have  a wonderful time

Betty B

Hello Good morning everyone

coffee is hot sweet and creamy,, Folgers black silk k cup style

Well 63 years ago today, i was hatched Happy birthday all ,,

Monday i sit down with the dr about hrt and find out where my path leads , afraid of rejection and the anxiety levels are pegged at the moment,,, honestly i never thought i would even get a chance to be even this close to moving forward and feel whole ,,

sitting in a mind fog with all this swimming around in my head ,  wish me luck all

Love peace n Hugs

Betty B

Hi Betty-b   good luck on your Journey, I turned 63 in august started hrt in early spring I love it, and i just was able to come out last year. It has been a Roller coaster but a good one. Best wishes Rachel W

• Forum Moderator

@Betty_B Happy Birthday🎂 May you get all you ever wished for. Good luck with your Dr. appointment.

I know when my GYN told me that she was going to start me on HRT I was ecstatic. That I was actually getting the hormones that I have needed for 45yrs. Mine was a battle that I refused to retreat from. 

Well the old fencometer succumb to the wind and has left the building. But from my good friend google It is a balmy 39. Glad this girl doesn't have to go out unless I want to. I know later this evening it will be "Masked singer and Lego masters" on Hulu. Cut the cable so have to wait a day. 

Have a great day, all my(coffee) drinking buddies.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, Mandy Jo said:

my wife set up an appointment for a makeover for me this weekend

Mandy, that's great!

I'm so happy for you, hope you two have fun getting a dressed up.

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Betty_B said:

coffee is hot sweet and creamy,, Folgers black silk k cup style

Happy Birthday Betty, I hope the doctors have a great plan for you and your health on HRT.

Hugs

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

5 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Mandy, that's great!

I'm so happy for you, hope you two have fun getting a dressed up.

She seen I needed to update my looks.Glad to have her in my life,fully supportive

1 hour ago, Mandy Jo said:

She seen I needed to update my looks.Glad to have her in my life,fully supportive

That's awesome.  Every trans woman or cross dresser needs a supportive woman in their lives to make sure we don't go out looking really bad as we are learning fashion/makeup/hair etc. (and countless other reasons)  Could be just a friend, sister, mom or wife/GF.  I've seen way to many of us just make really bad decisions that way when we are first exploring or coming out.  Especially when it comes to hyper sexualizing or "age appropriate" lol.  I thank the goddess I had (past tense) a midwestern somewhat prudish/conservative (not politically) wife who had no problem talking to me like I was a teenager about to head out to a party. "Oh hell no young lady, go change your clothes"   I quickly surpassed her from a fashion standpoint though once I dialed it back and got that out of my system.  I do push some boundaries and am no shrinking violet when it comes to fashion choices.  If you haven't found the thread "what are you wearing today" Mandy Jo, you should check it out. Some makeup and hair things are posted there as well.

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

That's awesome.  Every trans woman or cross dresser needs a supportive woman in their lives to make sure we don't go out looking really bad as we are learning fashion/makeup/hair etc. (and countless other reasons)  Could be just a friend, sister, mom or wife/GF.  I've seen way to many of us just make really bad decisions that way when we are first exploring or coming out.  Especially when it comes to hyper sexualizing or "age appropriate" lol.  I thank the goddess I had (past tense) a midwestern somewhat prudish/conservative (not politically) wife who had no problem talking to me like I was a teenager about to head out to a party. "Oh hell no young lady, go change your clothes"   I quickly surpassed her from a fashion standpoint though once I dialed it back and got that out of my system.  I do push some boundaries and am no shrinking violet when it comes to fashion choices.  If you haven't found the thread "what are you wearing today" Mandy Jo, you should check it out. Some makeup and hair things are posted there as well.

She knows I crossdress fulltime.Met her in 2000 while shopping and happily married for 19 years to her

• Forum Moderator

I actually wish I had a woman who supported me. But one of my co-workers supports me. So I may have found someone.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good Sat morning

coffee was restaurant coffee. Wasn’t bad. Just not what I used to getting. We will be driving back home today. Sweetie got to spend sometime with her sister this morning. They were surprisingly mellow considering it’s been a year. 

not happy about my E results I need to hear from my endocrinologist what’s going on. I just got a call from the hospital pharmacy that they got a script for three times the number of patches and did I for sure want them. Personally I don’t think they are working 

I need to find out what is going on and what the plan is going forward 

1 minute ago, Willow said:

not happy about my E results I need to hear from my endocrinologist what’s going on. I just got a call from the hospital pharmacy that they got a script for three times the number of patches and did I for sure want them. Personally I don’t think they are working 

I need to find out what is going on and what the plan is going forward 

Hi Willow, yoiu do absolutely need to talk to your endocrinologist about this. I had a similar issue last summer. After speaking to my endo, we upped my patches to three and added progesterone. That seems to have resolved the issue. Be persistent, as it took some convincing on my part to get the doctor to agree to it. I've had no issues or side effects since. In fact, my e levels went from a 49 in July to 130 by September.  That said, I would always say to respect your doctor's opinion, but do what's best for you.

Hugs,

Marcie

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that my E levels had fallen in each of three consecutive blood tests before the prescription change.

coffee was late this morning but well appreciated when consumed. My first checkup went well. There is so dehiscence and dead tissue forming in it that requires a wet to dry dressing technique to removed the dead tissue daily but other than that, he said things look good and will heal up nicely according to him.  The downside is he wants me to stay on pretty strict rest regime for 2 more weeks! I'm only allowed to sit up for eating/drinking and only getting up to get said food or bathroom visits. Otherwise I'm stuck horizontal or up tp a 30% incline.

I'm going to be out of my mind before that ends. lol. I am trying to organize a happy hour at my place for next Friday where my friends gather and I sit in a recliner. Hopefully that will come together. I'm really missing out on my social life right now. 

6 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

After speaking to my endo, we upped my patches to three and added progesterone.

I keep trying to get mine (VA) to add the progesterone but he won't do it.  He seems to want to do the bare minimum.  I've started some OTC progesterone cream stuff.  I don't know how well it works, but I do feel a little better.  It might just be my imagination though.

2 hours ago, Katie23 said:

Why won’t they prescribe it?

He has some standard he goes by, and says it's not in there.  (Points to a stack papers)

The VA is a mixed bag.  Officially they are supportive.  Some people are quite affirmative, others less so.

TBH they've done a lot for me in other cases.  They did cataract surgery on both my eyes, and fixed a very bad hernia.   And I do get my estradiol for a reasonable co-pay.  

Makeover went great today.The make up artist gave me tips on applying make up at my age.Even had a picture taken with my wife that set this up.Also my wife and I were offered to get a picture of wives and their transgender,crossdresser spouses together,we said yes.This takes place next month

12 minutes ago, Mandy Jo said:

Also my wife and I were offered to get a picture of wives and their transgender,crossdresser spouses together,we said yes.

This is cool

• Forum Moderator

@Marcie Jensen I have the utmost respect for my endocrinologist we discussed several scenarios at my last appointment because my numbers had dropped then.  But this is ridiculous.  One thing we discussed was estradiol valorate.  My insurance doesn’t cover it however that doesn’t really matter.  What little they do pay for any estrogen except pills, it would be less expensive using Good RX and valorate then I pay for the one they do cover.  I fact I can get 3 vials for the same as one so why not.

Willow

12 hours ago, Ivy said:

The VA is a mixed bag.  Officially they are supportive.  Some people are quite affirmative, others less so.

That's been my experience with them, too. From what I've seen and been through with them, a lot depends on the location and the individual physician. That said, they're better than TRICARE (military retirees' insurance provider) is. TRICARE doesn't support anything to do with transgender care.

• Forum Moderator

Good Sunday morning. 

we made it back home .  Nice to sleep in my own bed.  Got to see the entire family. Things were a little testy but nothing too bad.  They are coming here for thanksgiving.  That will be nice for a change.  Sweetie got to see her sister. 

our granddaughter’s band put on a good show.  She is the captain of the color guard.  They go to competitions and her group won overall winners in the colorguards. They compete against schools with twice as many students and way more funding.  The entire band came in third.  Now the earned the right to go to an even wider area competition.  With a school of not quite 1500 kids the band has 150 + members not counting the color guard.  The football team started out slow but in the end won 50 to about 30

@Marcie Jensen my experience with VA is oh, you served? But not actual combat?  You have an honorable discharge but not retired?  Sorry, but you didn’t earn medical benefits in spite of what we told you when you enlisted.  You need a combat related Purple Heart.

once again the Vietnam era vets are left behind.  We didn’t all defend our country by getting shot at. Some of us had other roles in the military.  Just as important and in some cases with a more direct role in the safety of our country even if it was behind the scenes.

Willow