• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Cheesecake achieved! I think I'm going to do the chocolate ginger cookies next.

20201212_162024.thumb.jpg.1c12cd9c15e9df297505e32c0da9a699.jpg

Hugs!

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Cheesecake achieved! I think I'm going to do the chocolate ginger cookies next.

20201212_162024.thumb.jpg.1c12cd9c15e9df297505e32c0da9a699.jpg

Hugs!

YUMmmmmm!

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

It's like 10 minutes from my house. It's so busy and expensive I've only been there twice in the last 20 years.

I got a season pass with parking.  By the end of the summer it more than paid for itself.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

YUMmmmmm!

1 hour ago, Emily michelle said:

That looks yummy 

Crushed vanilla wafers for the crust. Peppermint kisses swirled through the cheesecake and garnished with more white chocolate peppermint. Pretty standard cheesecake otherwise. 24 oz of cream cheese and a whole lot of sugar. They're fantastic. A little whipped cream along the edges before serving so it doesn't melt.

Tragically, my niece, "doesn't like cheesecake." This one is for a friend.

Hugs!

+1 (pound, just from reading your yummy description)?

• Forum Moderator

My wife made some really good cookies tonight and apparently they are  easy to make.  Lemon cake mix, egg(s) and cool whip.  Roll each cookie in powdered sugar before baking.  I don’t have the exact details but my tongue tells me they are good.

I’m not a fan of cheesecake either although I will eat some flavors.

probably call it an early night, nothing much happening.

hugs

Willow

I'm not a big fan of most sweets, but a good cheesecake is a good cheesecake.

Quiet here tonight as well.  I think I'm going to crash myself.

Good night all

OGM! @Jackie C.that cheesecake looks and sounds so good.

I got out for some retail therapy today. This was the first time I wasn't even a bit apprehensive about shopping for clothes especially when it came to searching for that perfect bra, I didn't find it. Did end up with a few tops, makeup and some much needed undies.

My mother-in-law has been begging for a Christmas list like she does every year. OK...you asked for it. Other than the normal handful of stuff I'd like I asked for clothes, clearly stated women's clothes and gave my sizes. She says she's supportive but we'll see how this works out.

• Forum Moderator

I always liked the sound (lack there of) of fresh snow early in the morning.  Before the snowblowers and shovels attacked it,  we had a covered platform with a hot tub under a deck we enclosed.  I loved going out there and just listening to the snow falling.  

pretty quiet here this morning.  We had some rain overnight.  

have a great day everyone 

Willow

18 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Cheesecake achieved!

I'm really inspired to bake something festive now! Motivation, where are you...?

1 hour ago, Willow said:

I always liked the sound (lack there of) of fresh snow early in the morning.  Before the snowblowers and shovels attacked it

Willow

1 hour ago, Erica Gabriel said:

It is quiet here too since we have fresh snow on the ground. 

I love it when a fresh snow falls here in NYC, especially when it's still pristine and the cacophony of City noise seems to fade away for the briefest of moments. Then, the City turns that beauty into a greyish-brown mess in a matter of hours and life goes back to normal. They're forecasting a winter storm for Wednesday into Thursday, can't wait to get some great pics in the park across the street right after.

Love,

~Audrey.

It’s a quiet cold morning here just got my work out done so now I guess it’s time I take a shower and look presentable.

I had quite a bit of anxiety last night that ended up with me crying for a while. We have Christmas with my parents next Saturday (my parents and I are on speaking terms now). Every time I talk to my mom she blatantly continues to misgender me and use my old name. She doesn’t even try to acknowledge it. I’d like to have a relationship with my parents but for my well-being it seems like a can’t for now until they can accept it and move on(keep in mind they have known about this since July. 

It's actually a bit warm here. The warm before the storms I guess? I'm charging my car (electric) and listening to my landlord test his snow thrower. The first storm tomorrow is just supposed to be rain, but they're calling for over a foot on Wednesday. I do miss the old days of winter storms that would shut everything down for a day or two. Now it's just silly named winter storms and we still have to show up to work.

1 hour ago, Emily michelle said:

It’s a quiet cold morning here just got my work out done so now I guess it’s time I take a shower and look presentable.

I had quite a bit of anxiety last night that ended up with me crying for a while. We have Christmas with my parents next Saturday (my parents and I are on speaking terms now). Every time I talk to my mom she blatantly continues to misgender me and use my old name. She doesn’t even try to acknowledge it. I’d like to have a relationship with my parents but for my well-being it seems like a can’t for now until they can accept it and move on(keep in mind they have known about this since July. 

(many hugs) I hope things improve for you. It was easy for me to cut my abusive mother from my life, but I know it's difficult for many people not to have a relationship with their parents. I actually fear being rejected more from my in-laws who have fully adopted me into their family. They have always treated me as one of their own, but they're also a bit old fashioned and a touch religious. I find myself often wondering where the cutoff is for their acceptance.

I do hope your parents come around and start seeing you for you. You say that they've only known since July. I can only hope that it's because 2020 has been such a nightmare that they are just being stubborn and saying "this is the only thing I can control." Just persist and don't give into them deadnaming you and misgendering you constantly. I would consider going so far as to wear a name tag sticker that says "Hello my name is Emily and my pronouns are she/her." (hopefully I got that right) Never ever say 'preferred' pronouns because that opens the door for people to use the incorrect ones. It's your name and your pronouns and people (regardless of who they are) should respect and use them.

2 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

Every time I talk to my mom she blatantly continues to misgender me and use my old name. She doesn’t even try to acknowledge it.

My wife does this all the time. She's yelled my dead name across a restaurant full of people.

2 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

My parents were long gone before I came out, so I can't really say how they would have taken it.  But I do expect it would not have been pretty.  Two of my siblings were also gone by then.  I did come out to one sister before she passed, and she was very supportive.

Oddly, I am the oldest sibling, and the only one left.  It's strange.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I would normally cook a big breakfast for us to enjoy for Sunday. (Eggs, Bacon, Biscuits, Gravy, and fresh Fruit) COVID-19 has us both just eating Yogurt, Fruit and Coffee.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe,

Mindy???

Good morning all,

Just got back from a coffee run and a couple of errands.  Beautiful day here in New Jersey and unseasonably warm.  I wore a sleeveless top and a shrug and I was perfectly comfortable.  Probably global warming, but still, it is nice.

• Forum Moderator

Six hours north of you @Sally Stone and its not quite that nice today.  Enjoy the day.

My electrologist called me this morning with bad news.  Her daughter (who doesn't live at home) may have contracted the virus.  Since they saw each other this week, she's been coughing and sore, and is now quarantining.  So my appointments for the foreseeable future are done.  When the virus was first discovered here pretty much everything shut down for three months until they were cleared to reopen.  I fully expected to be done this year but that's not going to happen.  At least whats left is negligible.   Life will go on. 

• Forum Moderator

Good Afternoon, All. Well yesterday we were supposed to only get an inch or 2 more white crap. 8 inches later it finally stopped. Didn't have any trouble going into work this morning. Fracking cold at -16.

While I know that some people don't do You Tube. Even if you don't You actually owe it to your self to watch Jackie Rabbit's latest video. (Jae Bear on TP) It is so comforting what she says. It makes me actually start to feel good about myself, and my journey to my goal of womanhood.

@jae bearGirl, Thank you so,so, much for those wise words.

Hugs to all

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

well, it’s been a pretty good day.  Friday I managed to separate my boat gearbox from the flywheel.  It was oxidized really badly.  Today I managed to get the gearbox plate separated from the flywheel cover.  Now I need to mark every bolt, bolt hole and the crankshaft.  If I mess that up it will never be in balance again.  (Assuming I get the engine fixed). And if I can’t get it fixed I’ll start selling it as parts to pay for a replacement.

the other project for today was moving my tub so I could get to a gfi electric outlet that couldn’t be accessed if it tripped.  I moved the outlet from deep in the wall behind the tub to the front so if the gfi trips, I can reset it.  And I can use the the spa features again.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Lots of things going on here today.

@Emily michelle sorry your mother seems to refuse to accept you.  Or at least use your name.  That really makes it difficult to spend time with your parents especially when it’s supposed to be a happy time, and you can’t be happy.

@KymmieL I have seen Jae Bear or reference to her in a long time.  So you got extra snow.  Using your logic you should have said you were expecting a blizzard so i5 wouldn’t be so much.

Seems like the east is expecting snow this week.  My daughter mentioned tomorrow and Wednesday.  My younger granddaughter is upset.  Their school days are Tuesday and Friday so they don’t miss a school day and home study days don’t get canceled for snow..

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Oh my word!

we are watching Disney Sing Along.  Pink and her 9 year old daughter, Willow came out.  My wife took one look at Willow and saw our granddaughter that died four years ago.  I saw 9 year old me.  My hair was cut like hers. Her face looked like mine.  I was totally overwhelmed looking at me as 9 year old Willow wearing a white party dress.  If I ever wondered, I don’t anymore.

Willow

17 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

My wife does this all the time. She's yelled my dead name across a restaurant full of people.

OMG @ElizabethStar
my 72 year old mother does the same thing. I don't want to force her to use Holly but I do wish she wouldn't dead name me out in public. I've asked her not to several times, I hope she finally gets it. If I'm out as Holly then please use holly, mom.