• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Emily michelle said:

The nurse I talked to today was so nice I talked to her for like a half hour and she was legitimately concerned about being transgender and is trying to learn more about it 

I always enjoy that. The people that ask questions because they want to KNOW so they can help you better are just so earnest. I can't really turn them down.

Hugs!

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@Emily michelle that’s great news.  Good for you.

@KymmieL Well I sure hope they took it down just for you.

yes, I just might need a winter coat too, but I should make it through to next year 2022 since I’ll be laid up soon and winter is short here.

It should be pretty easy one of the t factories had to be removed 10 years ago. So it shouldn’t be bad. I just want it gone.

Congratulations @Emily michelle

Although I would really like a new, cute coat. I just got a new one last winter.

Going through the last of our stuff we found 2 pair of my dress shoes. As I pull them out my wife looks at me and says. You're never wear those again, just get rid of them. At times it feels like she is honestly trying.

PDA? We've never been big on holding hands let alone kissing in public so things are pretty much the same. I was recently told I've been very "clingy" lately. I hope I'm not that girl, I probably am. Is it wrong that I want to cuddle all the time?

At work I spent 4-1/4 hours on a service call with another tech. I don't know what the customer's may have thought of me. I did have on a mask, gray skinny jeans, Black fitted hoodie and my black knee high boots. The guys girlfriend was very stand-offish but it could just be her. I had to help him log into a site, download and app, get him logged in and show him how to use everything. A couple of times I had to lean over to show him where to type. He didn't get weird or shy away. Maybe I was clocked, just a vibe I got. I'll take it as a partial win for passing. Which I needed since I had an 80 mile drive that took me right through the middle of Chicago at 6pm on the way home afterward. Eighty miles is a long time think.

Hi all

5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I always enjoy that. The people that ask questions because they want to KNOW so they can help you better are just so earnest. I can't really turn them down.

Me too. That attitude of having a genuine desire to be helpful is what I'm experiencing from the LGBTQ+ clinicians, counselors, MD's, and their entire staff at the Reno VA. Their welcoming, non-judgmental, not dubious attitude surprised me, I must admit, and very pleasantly. I like the feeling of having a wide path to transitioning being laid out before me, by people who are on my side. So far, so good.

~~Hugs, Lee~~

I understand Elizabeth. I’m not out at work yet but I’ve been getting more looks and comments. I even had someone ask if I was transitioning. I’m slowly getting to the point I don’t care what they think. It’s hard getting clocked but I try not to think about it. You are right the worst part for an 80mi drive is the thinking time. Sometimes the radio doesn’t go loud enough to silence the thoughts. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

it’s dawn but not official sun up.  The hunters are in full force.  Some of them sound like they are using an AR15 fully automatic.  I know they are hunting wild hogs (not the motorcycle gang) but if you have to take shot after shot to put one down, maybe you need to find something else to do.

Sweetie came into our bed about 6.  But not to wake anyone she wanted to snuggle.  A 70 pound Lab laying on you can be a bit much after a while.  I was awake so after a while of that I got up.

80 miles of driving in greater Chicago would definitely be a lot of time to think.  I am at the stage where I am not coming out intentionally to my neighbors but I don’t care if someone figures it out.  I don’t think my wife shares that sentiment.

I haven’t bought any male clothes in several years unless you count my kilts.  But I don’t have enough female clothes to be full time.  

it just dawned on me, I need easy on easy off clothes for my surgery.  I wonder if I could wear pink sweat pants.  The wife might not like that idea. We’ll see.

have a great day. 

Willow

Good morning everyone! Cold and wet here today. A good day to hide in my truck at work.

I was actually just thinking about sweatpants or some loose fitting pants for my surgery. I guess I’m gonna have to go find some. In all honesty I got rid of all my loose fitting baggy clothes but I guess I need a few of them back lol. Another excuse to go shopping.

Out of milk for my coffee, had to use Reddi-Wip. Can't decide if it's trashy or booshie.

I was at my brother-in-laws house late last night when his phone rang. It was his girlfriend, she lives in Montana, is kinda of a friend, he was out back getting firewood so I answered. We talked for a few minutes then she mentioned that she heard I got my hair done and it's really cute (had to have been my wife, my BIL wouldn't ever say that) and asked me to send a pic. I have a lot of selfies on phone these days. I sent one out. She commented I really really good...yada, yada. She was out with her friends and I hear one in background ask who that is. She replies "It's his brother-in-law". She'll be out here for the Christmas so I'll reiterate things.

Looking at things from the outside. My wife seems to still be struggling to fully accept me but is whittling away her position on the back end. Telling me to dispose of my guy shoes because I'll never wear them again. Letting me get red streaks in my hair but she has a problem with me in a cami-top. She doesn't openly tell me how she feels. All I can think of is that she's afraid if she does full-on accept and support me I'll be out for GCS before she can blink. That's my end-game and there is so much to do before that happens.

14 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

It should be pretty easy one of the t factories had to be removed 10 years ago. So it shouldn’t be bad. I just want it gone.

Good luck and Congrats.  I',m gonna try and figure out if it's worth having that done before GCS. I can't see a surgeon until I hit 1 year HRT but then it will be at least another year to get on the surgical table.  Orichotomy doesn't have the waitlist and I would love to not have to keep taking Spiro for that additional year as well as being able to lower the E dosage. Being 55 at that point I want to reduce the risk of clots as much as possible.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Willow said:

it just dawned on me, I need easy on easy off clothes for my surgery.  I wonder if I could wear pink sweat pants.  The wife might not like that idea. We’ll see.

I decided that pants would be out of the question for post-surgery travelling.  But Montreal in March can be cold.  I ended up with a long skirt and knee socks.  It was fine. 

I could have used a second outfit for the day before surgery, when I had nothing to do but kill time.  While I was at the hospital and recovery centre, I was in a nightgown the whole time, so wardrobe was not a big deal.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

All I can think of is that she's afraid if she does full-on accept and support me I'll be out for GCS before she can blink. That's my end-game and there is so much to do before that happens.

This is a weird assumption cis-people seem to have. In their heads, we can leave town for a weekend and come back complete women. I mean that would be awesome, but it isn't reality. They don't consider the letters of recommendation or that the handful of doctors who can perform these surgeries have wait lists. Not to mention factoring in recovery time. I mean nothing else that isn't immediately lifesaving happens in a hurry in the medical profession. Generally, I have to wait a month to see my general practitioner. Why would GCS be any easier?

Cis people. Shakin' my head.

Hugs!

My main reason for getting the orchiectomy is to get off spiro, because if I’m off that there is a chance I could be able to breast feed a baby when we have one. Everything else is just an added bonus. Eventually I want full grs but that will be a while just for the fact I can’t take 3 months off work. My job is extremely physical so it could present further complications

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

This is a weird assumption cis-people seem to have. In their heads, we can leave town for a weekend and come back complete women. I mean that would be awesome, but it isn't reality. They don't consider the letters of recommendation or that the handful of doctors who can perform these surgeries have wait lists. Not to mention factoring in recovery time. I mean nothing else that isn't immediately lifesaving happens in a hurry in the medical profession.

Right? I gave her the cliff-notes on all of this a few months ago and yet when I'm gone for a few hours for blood work she just has to ask me if it's still there when I get back. One of these times I'm just gonna say nope, it's gone.?

• Forum Moderator

I here you.  My wife asked me the other day if it would just wither away from the meds.

I told her no, but I didn’t tell her that the walnuts had shrunk.  I had a vasectomy back in 1983.  They had been swelling ever since.  They are definitely mare normal now.  Also, PSA was under 3 verses a high of 15 not too many years ago.

yes, I would accept getting an orchiectomy but it would have to be declared medically necessary.

Willow 

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Which I needed since I had an 80 mile drive that took me right through the middle of Chicago at 6pm on the way home afterward. Eighty miles is a long time think.

@ElizabethStarMy business partner and I have to drive to every workshop we teach because of the amount of equipment we use. (Hazmat Training) We developed a line item on our inner office quotes that we issue. That line item is a PIA Fee, because if you force me to drive through Chicago for any reason, I'm adding $500.00 PIA to the quote. A few years ago we added Atlanta, GA to the PIA Fee structure. FDNY is also on a cost scale developed just for them and the cost of living up there. We've been in business together for 21 years, and seen the country through several different One Ton pickup truck windshields. I personally like the long drive think time, it's almost therapeutic for me.

The coffee is the usual weekend fare, HOT, black and strong. COVID-19 Sick Days on the weekend just don't feel the same.

Masked hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

because if you force me to drive through Chicago for any reason, I'm adding $500.00 PIA to the quote.

I've driven through Chicago. I think you're letting them off light.

@Jackie C. is baking today. I get possessed by this desire to do festive holiday baking this time of year. I really, really enjoy it but I don't have much in the way of family to share it with. Today I'm making chocolate and peppermint bars and peppermint swirl white chocolate cheesecake. I've already made the mistake of unthinkingly swabbing the peppermint extract bottle with a finger (it dripped a little) and sticking it directly into my mouth. If you've never done that, don't. That stuff is kind of strong. I may smell like peppermint for the remainder of the season.

At this precise point in time, the pie crust is cooling and the chocolate bars are freezing. I feel content.

Hugs!

I used to commute from Milwaukee to Chicago every day.  I looked forward to the time alone in the car.  During the summer I would stop at Six Flags on the way home.

Mom and I having time together.Went to the salon together.I had permanent hair extensions put in and mom had her hair trimmed.I paid for hers too,her birthday present from me and my thanks to her for her long time of supporting me.Knows I live a very much happy life as a fulltime crossdresser

Had a great day with my wife watching Christmas films while I wrote out Christmas cards signing them with my new name for the first time. That felt good! 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Conner2020 said:

Christmas cards signing them with my new name for the first time. That felt good! 

Well Merry Christmas to you and your new name.

Hugs (masked)

Mindy???

4 hours ago, LaurenA said:

During the summer I would stop at Six Flags on the way home.

It's like 10 minutes from my house. It's so busy and expensive I've only been there twice in the last 20 years.