• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

@Elizabeth Star Glad to hear things are still working for you and your spouse. I hate giving out my information for loyalty cards to be honest and part of me has been tempted to stop giving out the info. Hope you have a good day at work.

Sipping the coffee this morning myself. This morning was early because I couldn’t sleep, so I have been up since 4:00 AM. Finally decided to send the email to my mom letting her know about my coming out plans so that way I don’t blindside her when I come out on Facebook. I am still trying to figure out/work up the courage to send the email to my aunts. They never replied to my first email with a definitive seal of support, so I don’t know how they are going to take this letter. I am hoping to keep things peaceful and amicable, but I also can’t back down and give in to any demands of waiting. I need to live my life and I have tasted the freedom from being authentic and I don’t want to give that up.

I hope everybody has a good day.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Great news Willow.  I hope the next work you are having done is successful too. 

Bri I think taking a bit of time off isn't a bad idea but don't go too long.  

• Forum Moderator

That is fantastic news Willow.

Well my Saturday and it's Kymmie time. both today and tomorrow I have the house until about 3 as both my wife and son are working. Right now I put on my tennis dress. maybe later I'll change into something else. make the a probably.

Kymmie

13 hours ago, Willow said:

So, not to keep anyone hanging, when she scoped my throat then showed it to me, the results for my cancer is negative.  4 years clear!  one more and they consider me cured.

This is great news

13 hours ago, Willow said:

So, not to keep anyone hanging, when she scoped my throat then showed it to me, the results for my cancer is negative.  4 years clear!  one more and they consider me cured.

This is great news

Hey @AmberM. Good luck with your outing. Please don’t let anyone try to persuade you away from your true self. I know, easier said that done. I gave my family the option of accepting me or get cut off. At the risk of me disappearing from their lives again (would be for good this time) most of them bent to my will. 

Thanks @KymmieLI had to google tennis dresses. I like them and now I must have one. 

Just happened. My supervisor called me his “work wife”. I indirectly reminded him of something he needed to pick up for his wife-wife.  Something like “My wife woulda killed me if I forgot. I’m glad my work wife reminded me. “  I know a little sexist, I don’t care and I happily accept the title. 

That's not sexist, it's loving. Well, as far as you can at work ?. My two managers were arguing last week (the two people who witnessed the Deed Poll for my name change). I walked in on them, both very angry and red faced shouting about a fine we had been issued for non-completion of works, anyway I walked into one of the offices with some paperwork. They both turned to me and Toni pipes up with "Mummy and Daddy are arguing right now, but we both love Tamsyn very much!" Then took my paperwork from me, grabbed my shoulders and turned me 90 degrees and pushed me out the door. I felt like I was 5, not 40 lol. We call the account director Grandfather. It's kinda nice. Creepy at times, but harmless. We do all get on quite well ?. Also, today I got quite a sexy hug and told I smelt nice! I then made the team coffee. Damn I'm easily persuaded these days.

It has been a hectic week for me, nothing bad, just stuff to take care of and all went well.

Being retired has it perks, but does get boring.

Anyway I hope you all enjoy this short video. 

LindaMarie♥️

3 hours ago, LusciousTheLock said:

That's not sexist, it's loving. Well, as far as you can at work ?. My two managers were arguing last week (the two people who witnessed the Deed Poll for my name change). I walked in on them, both very angry and red faced shouting about a fine we had been issued for non-completion of works, anyway I walked into one of the offices with some paperwork. They both turned to me and Toni pipes up with "Mummy and Daddy are arguing right now, but we both love Tamsyn very much!" Then took my paperwork from me, grabbed my shoulders and turned me 90 degrees and pushed me out the door. I felt like I was 5, not 40 lol. We call the account director Grandfather. It's kinda nice. Creepy at times, but harmless. We do all get on quite well ?. Also, today I got quite a sexy hug and told I smelt nice! I then made the team coffee. Damn I'm easily persuaded these days.

Thanks. This made me laugh. I can always use extra happy energy in my day. I know the feeling of being easily persuaded with a compliment. I feel like a cis girl. I don’t know what I would do if someone bought me flowers. ?

Here we refer to the owner and GM and mom and dad and all the technicians as kids. Other department heads are aunts and uncles. We call our accountant a weasel but godfather may be a bit nicer. 

• Forum Moderator
19 hours ago, Willow said:

Great News Willow,

Best wishes,

Mindy???

Very great news, Willow.

As far as I dress, I hope people here don't get the idea I'm show boating. I am just as insecure as I was 22 years ago.

Yeah, finding peace is a never ending journey for us. 

Sometimes our choice of clothes and make up just fit the day, sometimes they don't. 

What I do here with my video's and pictures is nothing more but share another Tran's life.

I have shared my female pictures and male pictures and figure, what the hell, show it all.

Show boating, gosh, I am being show boated in real life. Another meeting to just show me off, like gosh, we got a real Trans.

It is not fun. More like degrading to me. I'm sick of explaining me, I want to be left alone, yet I find myself back into the same ole

jam.

LM♥️

Today32B.jpg

To end my rant I will share a pic. I still have some humor left in me.

The theme behind this venture is pregnancy. 

I gained some middle weight and thought of this...

Gosh I just gave birth to twins!!! 

Hope it makes someone laugh.

LM♥️

Twins.jpg

In today's medical appointment, the nurse says "I see you're (on HRT), what pronouns do you want us to use?" (Should note that since I started during Covid and work from home my wardrobe is very tiny and was wearing old things cause I knew they were just on to get from the car into the room where I got into the robe),

I was working on no sleep and queasy from the prep I was on, and knew I was going to be put under in a few minutes anyway, said 'he' is fine. But just being asked was sort of a milestone, this is the first time from a medical professional that wasn't involved in the transitioning process. 

Good Morning everybody.

@Elizabeth Star I don’t have much experience with the workplace stuff yet, but as long as you are okay with it, go with it Liz.

@RhondaS That is great progress that they asked you your pronouns! It’s a shame they didn’t use them when they were closer to putting you under, but it was nice the nurse asked at least.

So, I think it finally happened, I got my first non-positive response from family about the full transition. They are “concerned for me”, which I know isn’t a terrible reaction, but I also don’t know what they mean by it as it is coming from my other aunt, not her directly. Also, I am not sure what to do about my dad, who is talking to his family without asking first. I feel like to them, there are no secrets in the family when there are times to not share something because it’s not your news to share.

In some positive news, today is the day I talk to my boss about coming out at work. I am both excited and nervous. I am sure it will be fine, but there is also some awkwardness about even having the discussion, like I wish I didn’t have to have it at all. This is what it takes in the end though.

Well I hope everyone has a day they can manage, if not enjoy.

Morning,

So tired today. Wife slept with the TV on all night. Every time I try to turn it off she wakes up and says she still watch it, then goes back to sleep. One of our dog must have been having bad dreams and give a single bark every couple minutes. I don't think there's enough coffee in the world to keep me up all day. To make things better (as I'm struggling to finish a cup) I find I drink it out of habit and  don't really care it for much anymore.

Aside from the other thing that happened yesterday, I finally got a call from the paper regarding publishing my name change. I was worried since it had been a week since I filed my petition and hadn't heard anything. The publication starts this Monday. *Big sigh of relief. The experience has had a profound effect on me. As I was getting ready for a shower and checking myself in the mirror, as I would move certain ways, I'm seeing myself as a woman. It's interesting how it flickers back and forth as move. I know it is what I really look like but I'm starting to really see it.

@Elizabeth Star I know what you mean by not enough coffee in the world to keep you up. Have you tried going to like green tea or something like that instead of coffee in the morning to help get you the caffeine, but it isn't coffee? That is awesome news on the paper department, forward movement. I am slowly coming to the point where I can see myself as a woman, it isn't going to be overnight thing, but that is nice you are able to see it and it gives me hope that I will see it too.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I don't think there's enough coffee in the world to keep me up all day.

Try peppermint or peppermint tea. It's a trick a high-school principal taught me during jury duty. Suck on a peppermint and it wakes you right up. Even during endless financial dissertation. No caffeine or sugar required (though I take my tea with honey). 

I completely get different poses making you feel more girly though. I've been going through this with one of my gym partners. There are some moves that just make me feel pretty. Since I've been working on it my posture is much better and more feminine. 

3 hours ago, AmberM said:

So, I think it finally happened, I got my first non-positive response from family about the full transition. They are “concerned for me”, which I know isn’t a terrible reaction, but I also don’t know what they mean by it as it is coming from my other aunt, not her directly.

Looking into my crystal ball, I see "I'm concerned for you" means "What will other people think about us having one of THOSE people in the family?" You're right, it could have been worse and there's a good chance she'll come around once she sees how happy you are. So, tentative congratulations on family acceptance!

As for your dad, I just made sure everybody knew that it wasn't a secret when I came out. I have no trouble with other people discussing it amongst themselves. It's not like I'm ashamed or anything, right?

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

It's not like I'm ashamed or anything, right?

I think you are right in that aspect, but I wanted to be the one to control the flow of information that I am progressing. I guess in the end you are right, what is the harm in them talking about it without me. I might start watching what I tell him though at least until I tell everybody. There isn't much in the way of major milestones, next to having surgeries.

I also agree with you it is more about other people's opinions against the family, which frustrates the heck out of me. Oh well, I don't own her reaction, and I am trying to practice something my therapist wants me to: "It's not me, it's them."

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Looking into my crystal ball, I see "I'm concerned for you" means "What will other people think about us having one of THOSE people in the family?"

Or…

Perhaps they are just concerned about your seeming insanity.  

Or…

When I came out to my ex, she was concerned about my safety in this conservative area.

Or…

All of the above.

• Forum Moderator

Great version of Voodoo Child @Linda Marie.  You always dress so nicely!  I know retired life can be a little boring at times but you seem to do all right.

22 hours ago, LusciousTheLock said:

Also, today I got quite a sexy hug and told I smelt nice! I then made the team coffee. Damn I'm easily persuaded these days.

*Snorts*

Yea, flatterly gets you everywhere with me now. hahaha

Good luck with the boss talk today @AmberM  

About controlling the flow of info, someone once said control is an illusion. I believe it.  I knew once a few people knew something, there was no controlling where that info went so just had to become comfortable with the fact that I can never control the narrative once the info is out there.

Good afternoon,

Thought I would submit an update. The talk with the boss went well. He is going to support me, and is right now seeing if we can change the system name (email and active directory) without the HR/Payroll change. If we can, then we tell the team in two weeks. If we can't, then we will hold off a bit until such time as I can change it. We are also going to talk with the AVP next week, and see if she can also support me, which my boss doesn't think there will be a problem. I can't believe how blessed I have been for all the people who have showed up so far. Just thought I would share something positive this afternoon.

3 hours ago, AmberM said:

Good afternoon,

Thought I would submit an update. The talk with the boss went well. He is going to support me, and is right now seeing if we can change the system name (email and active directory) without the HR/Payroll change. If we can, then we tell the team in two weeks. If we can't, then we will hold off a bit until such time as I can change it. We are also going to talk with the AVP next week, and see if she can also support me, which my boss doesn't think there will be a problem. I can't believe how blessed I have been for all the people who have showed up so far. Just thought I would share something positive this afternoon.

I happy to hear thing are going so well and hope they correct you name, to some degree, in the systems. Thank you for the good afternoon vibes.