• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Am on a hiking weekend with daughter. After first day of much hiking in hot and humid conditions I came down with "hikers rash", which I've never had before. Google says mainly affects women over 50, suppose that's me now.  

So second day we just ate and outlet shopped and did some sightseeing since one shouldn't continue the activities that brought the rash on. 

Shopping was fun, only did one transaction but it was good- I had ordered a rain jacket for hiking for this trip (old male version was worn out) and didn’t think to check if it had side pockets. It didn’t. 

So exchanged it for one that did-the sales woman did say something about the section I was shopping from in but then I suppose realized that, yes, I was shopping in the women’s section intentionally. 

Ended up with the same jacket daughter has (bigger size). And some shorts, we were trying things on in adjacent fitting rooms. 

Elsewhere was mostly looking for a pocketbook, but no luck. I’m a lot pickier now than I used to be. 

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

I painted a rock for the group to display on the table.

Your rock painting is getting better. I couldn't even begin to paint like that. I'm a good house painter, but have no imagination.

7 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Today was a good day. My wife might just be starting to accept me more. This morning we were cuddling in bed. She flat out asked me. "Tell me the truth are you taking hormones?"  I say"yes, I am" She doesn't blow up or even get mad. "Maybe that is the reason for your swollen legs."

Then as we were getting out boots on for a ride to breakfast this morning. She puts on some lip gloss (I think) Then she hands it to me saying, "I guess I can share this with you."

Just after starting our ride. I feel some tugging on my hair. She puts the part not covered by my 3/4 helmet into a pony tail.

I would say that the day was a win for me.

Hugs,
Kymmie

Sounds like a BIG win for you. Wives notice everything. They don't always say anything, but they see it.

@AgnesBardsie That painted rock is beautiful! Congrats!

@KymmieL Thanks a lot for sharing. Reading about those moments with your wife made my eyes teary. That was a good day, indeed!

@Erica Gabriel I'm glad the Faire experience went so well. I love the picture that you posted a few days ago. You look great in it and it's like a visual snapshot of the great experience.

These days I'm finding things never go as planned. Last week I took my wife in for some testing to see if she can have a procedure that would greatly improve her quality of life. Aside from finding out that no, she not healthy enough the doctor informs us that she now needs a lung transplant. Of course they won't say how bad things really are other than you need to get on the list now. Maybe I'm being selfish. I feel fate, yet again, has found a way to test my resilience as I'm once again I'm being pushed to the background. Things in my life really did look like they were getting better but now I don't know what to think. 

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL it seems as if things are turning around.  It sounded like a good day to me too.  

Jani

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

These days I'm finding things never go as planned. Last week I took my wife in for some testing to see if she can have a procedure that would greatly improve her quality of life. Aside from finding out that no, she not healthy enough the doctor informs us that she now needs a lung transplant. Of course they won't say how bad things really are other than you need to get on the list now. Maybe I'm being selfish. I feel fate, yet again, has found a way to test my resilience as I'm once again I'm being pushed to the background. Things in my life really did look like they were getting better but now I don't know what to think. 

I think all you can do is try and focus on one crisis at a time. That being said, I’m sorry that so much is hitting the fan at the same time. 

• Forum Moderator

Hoo boy. A lung transplant? If the doctor's worried... that's not good. I'm deeply sorry you've got to go through this @Elizabeth Star

Hugs!

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Don't give up ! I've seen what apperars as miracles with health issues. My son was put into an induced coma for 11 days, and he came back around from it. My great granddaughter needed Heart and lungs transplants, Was on a breathing machine for weeks. Crashed several times, had multiple strokes. They even had a segment on the news about her. She came back around, not needing transplants now and leading an almost normal life. So don't lose hope.

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Don't give up ! I've seen what apperars as miracles with health issues

I have as well.  They wanted to put someone I know on dialysis, but he is doing okay now.

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star Finding that your wife needs a transplant and is on the list is a positive thing. My producer friend always told me knowledge is power and he is fighting brain cancer and knows what he needs to do and I bless him for it.

I just posted in the Thought of the Day and I think I'll post it here as well because it feels like I know why it showed up today....

Hugs - you and her will make it ....

How To Be Happy When Nothing Makes You Happy | Make me happy quotes,  Motivational quotes for life, Finding happiness

22 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

She had to get a COVID test and has to Quarantine hehself till after surgery. If we are in the same room together we both have to wear masks.

welcome to illinois! lol :)

2 hours ago, April-Showers said:

No kidding !!!

• Forum Moderator

Frank says hi.....

20210603_214507_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, April-Showers said:

Especially the hospitals in downtown Chicago.

2 hours ago, Shay said:

Frank says hi.....

20210603_214507_HDR.jpg

Such a cutie.

• Forum Moderator

Hi, today didn’t go as expected.  We made a last run for the day to our storage Friday.  We got there just past 9.  Turns out they close access at nine.  Noe we have to take everything back home.  We sleep on the floor (on just a mattress) in our dining room.  That made me fair game to the dog.  Would leave me alone.  Today first thing we take the things to storage. Go home and lad up again and go back.  We are trying to beat bad weather.  We managed.  

now we are packing and cleaning.  With plans to take a full load to the convenience center.  I stop at 2 and start loading.  By now some bad storms have passed but it’s raining.  Get to the place atb3:10.  You guessed it they closed at 3.  It used to be 4.back home to clean.

tonight we are in a motel 10 miles from our house.  Tomorrow go home get the trailer go to the dump.  Load it again go to storage.  Change clothes, go to our side of documents signing.  Go back to our house and load up for our trip, beginning with my drs appointment Tuesday.  That’s when we can finally relax.

@KymmieL wow That is a Hugh giant step forward.  

@Lexa83 this has been a big step forward for you too.  You don’t have to try to catch up to Kymmie but the occasional comments and sharing will help you move forward.

good news got, I’m tired.

Willow

Another day at Faire in the books. Me and my cis wife helped another trans woman and her cis wife choose the costume of their dreams. We had many more come in throughout the day. It’s like a Renaissance Pride Fest.

5 hours ago, RhondaS said:

@Erica Gabriel Guess I gotta get into Faires again!

I used to enjoy going, myself.    Perhaps this year.  Ours is in the fall.

@KymmieLthat is amazing. I can attest to wives just knowing. Although I took mine a little by surprise, she keeps telling me I'm not really acting any different, just less ashamed of how I move. But oh I got that 'flair' it seems to me by  knowing I can be the me that's inside. My wife almost immediately went out and got me my own makeup.

I haven't ever been to a Faire but I would love to, and my wife is all about that. I would love to get into one of those dresses. 

Went out to buy a couple new bras at lunch. I found out the hard way while standing at the self checkout, bras on the counter, that there were no barcodes on them to scan. While I waited for the attendant I realized I was more worried about people judging me on my bra choices than getting clocked. ?

12 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I was more worried about people judging me on my bra choices than getting clocked. ?

I love this