• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

12 hours ago, Willow said:

Well, we had a family dinner for our anniversary tonight.  Our daughter came with her current boyfriend sat down with us for no more than five minutes got up and left, leaving her boyfriend to make apologies and have awkwardly have dinner with us.

Dang…  That sucks.

I know it hurt.

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
16 hours ago, Willow said:

Our daughter came with her current boyfriend sat down with us for no more than five minutes got up and left, leaving her boyfriend to make apologies and have awkwardly have dinner with us.

She'll have some splaing to do. (In my Lucy voice)

I'm sorry she still isn't coping well with your transition.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

So far in my transition, no one I've interacted with had any control over me.

Good luck Bri,

I have a feeling that no one at this point will have control over you. You're a force to recon with, don't let anyone think differently.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good evening  everyone

yes still have hot coffee in the cup

don't know who else to share this with but my family here

Well this month marks a mile stone for me , its been a full year for betty in full free life ,needless to say  its been and still is an emotional  roller coaster for me , i look out and wonder where from here dos the path lead , and the answer i here is grow into the person you were meant to be,, such a wonderful feeling to be free,,,,,,,,

Peace, Love N Hugs to all

Betty

49 minutes ago, Betty_B said:

Well this month marks a mile stone for me , its been a full year for betty in full free life ,needless to say  its been and still is an emotional  roller coaster for me , i look out and wonder where from here dos the path lead , and the answer i here is grow into the person you were meant to be,, such a wonderful feeling to be free,,,,,,,,

Peace, Love N Hugs to all

Betty

This brought tears to my eyes. 🥲 Happy Presenting Anniversary!  grow girl!

• Forum Moderator
56 minutes ago, Betty_B said:

the answer i here is grow into the person you were meant to be,, such a wonderful feeling to be free,,,,,,,,

Happy anniversary Betty,

As I was reading this, my ADHD mind wondered off into song. The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

My interview went very well.  She said she would love to have me there and I can come in the day I pass the boards and she will start the onboarding process if I want to join them right then and there. Her words (take them with a grain of salt) " I only like taking on new people if i think they can generate at least $3-$5 million in listings or purchases per year within a few years. "   That would equate to $90,000-$150,000.  They invest a lot in training people in order to reach those expectations.  

I was treated very professionally by the 5 people I met in the office during the interview and tour of the office.  All in all, a very affirming experience. It was sooooo nice to go through a whole interview without once even having to explain my journey.  I even have 15 stitches below my nose right now and she didn't even ask about that.  

I have to say, after learning about life as a real estate agent and the possibilities to build wealth in the field I am excited. One thing I'm learning is that no matter who you are, if you put in the work and have a bit of extrovert in you you can do well in this field.  Most of the top earners (they have pictures of them on their office walls is that most of them are women or POC. The white men aren't there.  I think this is because minorities /women know they can be independently financially secure if they work hard in this field. From what I can see, societal discrimination isn't holding them back because they don't have people above them being barriers to growth. 

I will certainly keep you all posted about my experiences being a transgender realtor. 

My employees are adjusting well to the changes with me now as Holly.Said I am the same boss I always have been much happier.Called me Holly too.Customers as well and said I am still their tractor,heavy and farm equipment mechanic

1 hour ago, Betty_B said:

its been a full year for betty in full free life

Congratulations on freedom to be yourself.

• Forum Moderator

Congrats to both Betty and Bri.

Well tried to get to Scottsbluff to do the inventory. but mother nature had other plans. Only made it about 20-25 miles out of Cheyenne. Before the weather turned me around. I came back and was able to work at my store as the other Asst called out. I handled the commercial desk so the manager could get the returns done.

I actually did something that is rare for me. I stopped in Cheyenne and grabbed a coffee at one of the Maverick stations. I usually don't do coffee out but Perkins and Denny's. never any fast food or gas station coffee.

Kymmie

3 hours ago, KymmieL said:

gas station coffee.

Can go either way

3 hours ago, HollyNG said:

My employees are adjusting well to the changes with me now as Holly.Said I am the same boss I always have been much happier.Called me Holly too.Customers as well and said I am still their tractor,heavy and farm equipment mechanic

Very affirming news, Holly!  By the way, I was greatly amused to read yesterday that new, expensive farm equipment (including combines) had been stolen by Russian forces from a dealership in Ukraine and placed on trains back to Russia, only to discover that John Deere had remotely disabled the equipment from being operable 😃

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/01/europe/russia-farm-vehicles-ukraine-disabled-melitopol-intl/index.html

47 minutes ago, Astrid said:

Very affirming news, Holly!  By the way, I was greatly amused to read yesterday that new, expensive farm equipment (including combines) had been stolen by Russian forces from a dealership in Ukraine and placed on trains back to Russia, only to discover that John Deere had remotely disabled the equipment from being operable 😃

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/01/europe/russia-farm-vehicles-ukraine-disabled-melitopol-intl/index.html

I read about that

good stuff @Bri2020 continued success

Bad news: Mom is regressing and seems making an effort to call me "son" after appearing at first to accept. IDK she has a lot of time on her hands to come up with anxieties and fears, or maybe she has consulted her religious beliefs. Feel like I may have to attempt to lovingly correct next time to see what's the dealio. Was resentful after we hung up for a minute, but I am way too happy now to get hung up on it for very long.

because...

Good news: started dating another trans girl. We are really hitting it off after the first date and we are trying to go slow and just get to know each other, although the unique challenge of physical intimacy between us particular two trans women and our preferences may become an issue. Will be discussing with my therapist this week, who happens to be a married homosexual trans woman, so I am pretty sure we'll get to the "bottom" of it.

;)

Good morning!

The weird turn my marriage has taken is Mrs supports my transition, sort of, but is still doing a (mild?) version of mourning the loss of the marriage to the cis fellow.

Work going on at house so Mrs and I headed out for a couple hours, she was going to hang at a relative's house but when I said I was heading to Macys she said she'd come along. We had kind of looked at clothes for me together before, but not seriously, this time was the first real shopping trip together for the real me. Ended up getting a couple things, but then another family member texted and called her about some problem and that ended up cutting the adventure short.  

The plus when shopping with your less than totally onboard wife is you're more worried about upsetting her than the reactions of the nearby strangers?

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

It's a rainy Spring day here in central Indiana. I've had two hot mugs of coffee this morning and just filled my 20 oz travel mug up to carry me through the AM picking up parts for a training prop to deliver to one of my fabricators.

Hugs for all,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

12 hours ago, Jandi said:

Can go either way

The only 2 times I've gotten heart palpitations from drinking coffee was from Shell gas stations. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning Major Dickinson.   Your Coffee is definitely needed today.

we got home about 7 last night. Felt good to be home.

then around 9 we heard gunshots, lots of them.  The young couple that live a few boats does and I went out to investigate.  There were two people in our parking lot.  They left before I got there, I had to put on shoes and get my spotlight.  They were in our road, trying to fix a bicycle.  Sherif was called.  Long story short, the deputies found them, got their information then came here to talk to us.  Saw the casings on the ground 9mm.  For now, they’ve been cited for trespassing.

@Mmindy my daughter’s behavior had nothing to do with me. She actually accepts me .  She came in took one look at her daughter and said I’m not sitting across from her rather nastily.  I won’t take That any further but to say it was totally uncalled for.

our granddaughter cried on my shoulder for a while.

After a long day, and exciting evening we both slept pretty well.  Our dog even left us alone.  

have a great day

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Jamie68 @Jandi I rarely get coffee out.  It always seems like it’s been sitting on the warming plate too long unless it’s a place that is constantly making more.

Cant say I’ve ever had a heart issue from coffee.  

Well I just realized I have a therapy appointment scheduled for next week.  I’ll definitely need that after this past weekend.

Willow

4 hours ago, RhondaS said:

The plus when shopping with your less than totally onboard wife is you're more worried about upsetting her than the reactions of the nearby strangers?

The plus side for me is She helps me pick out age-appropriate clothes. The downside is that she won't go along with me buying anything too fem. Nothing frilly and no skirts or dresses. Someday, I hope. I don't care about the reactions of the nearby strangers. If they don't like what they see, it's their problem.

13 minutes ago, Willow said:

They were in our road, trying to fix a bicycle.

Trying to fix a bicycle with a gun?  Scary s__it.

• Forum Moderator

@RhondaS That is a step forward in my book.

I still cannot read my wife. While she clearly is somewhat accepting as she has purchased me Ladies shirts. accepts me wearing said shirts, and wearing a bra. I cannot get a read on how much I can push the envelope. Without having the world crash and burn like it has in the past.

If it happens and it is when I am in my down moods. I may just snap. You would find me sitting in the corner, with a blank expression and going bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb with my finger. wouldn't be pretty.

Just starting my first cup.

Have a good day everyone,

Hugs to all

Kymmie

@stveeedating sure is different now right?  Lol. Good luck with all of that. I’ve decided I don’t have time to deal with a relationship right now. I said this about 9 months ago and then got caught up in the pursuit of love for a bit but now I’m back to “ it’s too much” to deal with. 
I’m sitting waiting to get my lip lift stitches out. Not looking forward to that. I know it’s gonna sting like hell x 12-15 times   My eyes are watering just thinking about it. I will post a pic later 

other than that I’m in cramming for my final exam mode for the next few days

i can wait until next week when I go on a women entrepreneur retreat to Rehobeth beach. For those that remember the details of my life ( that’s all of u right lol). This is the same retreat that I did last year and it was my first time going out with a bunch of ladies on a trip. I followed that last year with a ladies weekend with a bunch of strangers. So this is basically the anniversary of me putting myself way out of my comfort zone socially.  I’m so glad I did because everything since has been so easy. 

Good morning everyone. The coffee is really good this morning. I went down to Houston yesterday and met with the head of transgender surgery for a consult for FFS and went went great. He discussed all the procedures that he felt would be needed and he felt that he could get my insurance to cover the majority of it. Heres hoping. He did say that since they are dealing with insurance that I needed to be patient as will take 8 to 9 months. So very possible I could be getting a much attitude adjustment early next year :). As the meeting wrapped up I asked him will I be cute? he smiled and said I dont make ugly girls.

Hugs

PS since Billie is to close to my dead name I have dicided to change to Riley.

Concerning coffee again.

Before I retired I worked for the city here, and was out driving around most of the day.  I learned which convenience stores had drinkable coffee.  (and decent hotdogs on the little rollers)

I seldom stop for coffee when traveling these days since I try to avoid those scary pee stops.