• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

Whoo hoo!  Success story!  I am full of the warm fuzzies.  I was looking in one of the shops out here and the girl working started fangirling with me over my Sailor Moon accoutrements. She thought they were cute and we nerded out.🤗

6D44C7F2-6632-4CEC-8ACA-7D0ACB97FA0B.jpeg

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/31/2022 at 8:14 AM, Bri2020 said:

Now you are talking my language. I live for summertime and the fashions both pool side and in general.

I come alive in the summertime.  You look great in your bikini Bri!

On 1/31/2022 at 8:18 AM, Jackie C. said:

I like to dress a little witchy.

Mmmmm.  There's something alluring about having that power.  It's dangerous, sexy, mysterious and confident.  Still, you can keep the spiders in any shape or size.  I have one trapped behind my computer at the moment waiting for the sun to rise so I can release it outside where it belongs.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, JaniceZ said:

Mmmmm.  There's something alluring about having that power.  It's dangerous, sexy, mysterious and confident.  Still, you can keep the spiders in any shape or size.  I have one trapped behind my computer at the moment waiting for the sun to rise so I can release it outside where it belongs.

It's cold AF here right now, releasing my little sister outside would be a death sentence. I've adopted a live and let live policy for my little eight-legged family. I used to be arachnophobic. Now, they're a little intimidating, but they're my sisters you know?

Hugs!

3 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

It's cold AF here right now, releasing my little sister outside would be a death sentence. I've adopted a live and let live policy for my little eight-legged family. I used to be arachnophobic. Now, they're a little intimidating, but they're my sisters you know?

Hugs!

I feel the same way.  I have in the past killed spiders.  I regret that horribly.  I now co-exist with them.  In regards to the little feller I just released outside; that's where it was before I brought it into my house, so I returned it to its natural habitat.

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Jandi said:

Spiders are our friends. 

@JandiI mostly agree with you on this statement. When they’re outside I don’t kill them, unless they’re in frequently visited areas of guests on my patio or front porch. My mother may have instilled a stronger than fear of the brown recluse, and black widow 🕷 spiders, I squash them quickly. If my Suzie finds a spider of any type it’s going to die. If I find one, I’ll catch it in a glass with a piece of paper, and carry it outside. I will admit that I love spider jewelry of all types, and not just for Halloween.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I got some new booties today. 5 inch heels are really pushing my limits and I like it.🙂 Now I realize I need a pedi too.

IMG_5481.jpeg

Well look at you!  I almost feel like that's a challenge! 😆  They look great.  What's that material?  And I'm horrible at ball parking height.  How tall are the heels there?  Loving the little part where the toes are visible.  Makes it look like...cuter...or something like that.  Not sure of the word to use.  Either way, totally lovin' it.

• Forum Moderator
29 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I got some new booties today. 5 inch heels are really pushing my limits and I like it.🙂 Now I realize I need a pedi too.

IMG_5481.jpeg

I Love them❤️Liz.

Stride on girl, stride away.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

28 minutes ago, Lenneth said:

Well look at you!  I almost feel like that's a challenge! 😆  They look great.  What's that material?  And I'm horrible at ball parking height.  How tall are the heels there?  Loving the little part where the toes are visible.  Makes it look like...cuter...or something like that.  Not sure of the word to use.  Either way, totally lovin' it.

It's all good. They're covered in black rhinestones and have 5 inch heels with a 1 inch platform. I love the peep-toe too. It's not the best weather for them here but I'll make it work.

13 hours ago, Ticket For Epic said:

@Elizabeth Star

Love the boots, love the blue, love the whole damned thing!  AAAAAAnd secretly jealous of your curves.

Wow! And thank you. I have a decent dress and 2 years HRT to thank for curves.

2 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Wow! And thank you. I have a decent dress and 2 years HRT to thank for curves.

Well keep workin' it girl!  We should get you a runway and you do a whole show yourself.  Modeling the looks and constructino of your outfits.  Think "Project Runway" but without the evil reality tv tropes and Tim Gunn gets to announce you.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I got some new booties today.

Those are some stylin’ boots, Lizzy!! Love ‘em.😘

17 hours ago, Jandi said:

Spiders are our friends. 

I hope nobody minds a brief, and possibly a bit off the wall, comment.  My brain is a kooky place and tends to make associations between things that occasionally make sense, but usually leave people perplexed by whatever mental process made the leap for me.    My partner will attest to this, and I if anyone is around both of us in any consistent context, you will not find it uncommon to hear things like, “Hon?  What the hell does the reshoots in “The Fantastic Four”  (2015) have to do with Patrick Stewart’s audition for the Captain Picard role in TNG?  And if you’re curious, brain did this:

The Fantastic Four had reshoots. -> The reshoots were filmed a significantly long time after everything else had wrapped. -> You can tell which scene were reshoots because there are noticeable inconsistencies between primary filming and reshoots. -> One of the easiest inconsistencies to spot is Kate Mara’s hair.. -> Because the amount time between wrapping primary filming and reshoots, Kate Mara had moved on to other projects. -> Because Kate Mara was involved in other ventures, her hair no longer had the same length and color seen in any of the primary filed scenes. -> Because her hair was no longer the same length or color, she would have to wear a wig.  -> Wigs are typically an option for hiding or managing baldness. -> Patrick Stewart is bald. -> Patrick Stewart was auditioning for the role of Captain Picard. -> Gene Roddenberry didn’t like the idea of a bald Captain. -> Rick, Berman  badly wanted “the English guy and was pushing him as the right person for the part. -> To placate Gene Roddenberry, Rick Berman pitched the idea he could audition with a wig or hair piece during his efforts to promote Patrick Stewart to the part. -> Gene Roddenberry said he would be willing to entertain the idea. -> A  wig was procured and sent to Patrick Stewart in England for his audition.

Ergo, the reshoots in “The Fantastic Four” (2015) make me think of Patrick Stewart getting a wig for his audition for Captain Picard.  But my brain goes through that process in like, half a second.

Now you probably want to know how this has anything to do with spiders right?  Of course you do!  And this one won’t be as lengthy and potentially convoluted.

Spiders scare many people. -> Spiders, on the whole, are not actually dangerous. -> Typically, providing exposure and open dialogue can help people impacted by their fear. -> Children are statistically more prone to fear spiders. ->Children watch TV. -> TV stations market a cornucopia of TV shows directed toward this child audience. ->Some of these shows are extremely popular and keep children tied to show through products and endorsements. -> This marketing strategy exposes children to the show and characters, regardless of these children having  seen the show being slapped on merchandise or not. ->  A widely known and successful children show is Peppa Pig. (And I have 2 sons.  I am almost painfully aware of Peppa Pig) -> The show revolves around thoughts and behaviors needed for productive, positive social interaction s. ->Using  this show would be a good way to help many children suffering from typical fears or concerns such as spiders.. -> If children watch Peppa Pig handling a spider without fear or anxiety,  they can learn spiders aren’t so bad or scary. -> The Peppa Pig episode about spiders was pulled from airing in Australia. -> Australia has spiders. -> Australian spiders can be terrible beasts of frenzied, panic inducing evil birthed by Cthulhu -> Australian spiders have terrible social skills. -> proximity to these Lovecraftian monsters of pain and chaos can result in severe damage, pain, and possibly death. -> When Australia saw Peopa Pig saying don’t be afraid of spiders, the general consensus was, “Be afraid.  Be very afraid.” ->  To prevent  Australian children from being manipulated by Peppa Pig’s horrible lies about spiders, the episode was banned.  Spiders = Bad.  No touchy.

Ergo, spiders make me think about Peppa Pig getting an episode banned.

Sorry for the grand novel. 🙇🏻‍♀️  Thanks for reading it all if you did. 

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Wow! Love those!

Hugs!

12 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

IMG_5481.jpeg

OMG! Lizzy they look amazing!

Those boots are SO cute, Lizzy! I'd love a pair like that, but I'd have to wait until the snow is gone to wear them! 🥰

It's -9 at my house this morning, so it's tights under my jeans, with boots, and lots of layers! I hope everyone has a beautiful day!

3 hours ago, Lenneth said:

Spiders = Bad.  No touchy.

To be clear, I don't permit Black Widows or Brow Recluse in the house (if encountered). But mostly I leave them be.  I have had some bugs I was not fond of.   The enemy of my enemy…

Snakes are what I get unreasonable about.  We do have a live and let live thing for the most part.  Although I am a little offended when they move into the house (if I know) (and they do).  

On the other hand, my young granddaughter will play with the creepy things.