• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

27 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I played dress-up last night. who am I kidding? I love this outfit, I'd wear it out. Even if it was just to make people uncomfortable. This one really needs some pentagrams.

1486136641_Nofun.thumb.jpg.810ca539d56843af46048df27a219a8e.jpg

Yup. High Priestess. I submit 🔥

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Light makeup, just some eyeshadow, lipstick, mascara and blush. Off to do my requalification. Then a crap ton of errands and home to clean. 

B3283533-B0C9-4B81-A7AC-12C057984F84.jpeg

• Forum Moderator
9 minutes ago, JustineM said:

Light makeup, just some eyeshadow, lipstick, mascara and blush.

I really need to learn to do my makeup.

Hugs!

Pushing myself to be social. Off to a lesbian meetup at the Smithsonian natural history museum. Jeans, knit flair Boise and crop Jean jacket. Yes, I did a little makeup under the mask and headband hiding my Frankenstein’s monster scar. Pushing my comfort zone by taking the Metro as well. 

image.jpg

35 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

I really need to learn to do my makeup.

Hugs!

If you’re on Facebook there is a group called TransMakeup that I’m in. Has a lot of good tips. 

@Bri2020 you look lovely as always. I love that headband

3 hours ago, JustineM said:

@Bri2020 you look lovely as always. I love that headband

Thanks. They will be a staple of my wardrobe to cover up the big ffs scar and protect it from the sun

IMG_20220213_151247857.thumb.jpg.f5b5528dbdb14c73040ef0cf54edd9b7.jpgIMG_20220213_151652219.thumb.jpg.fea0209e9c54cc8968ec116c933b5f53.jpgOkay...  About to go girl mode grocery shopping for the first time...  Right after I vomit!!!!

Wish me luck...  A little bit hopeful, a little bit Terrified beyond all reason, doesn't begin to describe it.

IMG_20220213_151720326.jpg

31 minutes ago, Ticket For Epic said:

IMG_20220213_151247857.thumb.jpg.f5b5528dbdb14c73040ef0cf54edd9b7.jpgIMG_20220213_151652219.thumb.jpg.fea0209e9c54cc8968ec116c933b5f53.jpgOkay...  About to go girl mode grocery shopping for the first time...  Right after I vomit!!!!

Wish me luck...  A little bit hopeful, a little bit Terrified beyond all reason, doesn't begin to describe it.

Oooh!  I love the shawl!  I have something similar but it’s in black and has dark blue designs on it.  And I think you’ll be fine!  One step at a time.  If you’re at all like me, the panic and trepidation slowly ebbs, eventually being replaced with a tentative sense of liberty in being out in the world without hiding.  You got this!  You’ll have to let us know how it went!

I went out today to pick up 3 pairs of shoes that I ordered through Torrid's website and since my store didn't open until 11:00, did a little shopping at Barnes & Noble (bought a book entitled "Think Like a Girl") and at WalMart...my outfit was jeans, flats, and a super soft hoodie, with light makeup and my new auburn wig. I'd never bought intimates at WalMart before, but today I bought three different styles of panties (boy shorts, bikinis, and hi-cuts - all of them were the "Secret Treasures" label), because they looked so cute! I have to say that I'm impressed with how they fit, and wanted to recommend them as a possibility for anyone who still needs a little extra "storage space" in the gusset area - and because they're extremely affordable (about $10 for a package of 6 pairs). I hope it's OK to post a recommendation on this thread, but if not, please feel free to move or remove it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead!💜

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Ticket For Epic said:

go girl mode grocery shopping for the first time...  Right after I vomit!!!!

Good luck sweetie! That's one of the first outings I did too!

And yeah... love the shawl. I need to get one of those.

@Katie M? Talking about or suggesting a brand you found is fine. Endorsing your own products or shilling for someone is not. You're fine.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Talking about or suggesting a brand you found is fine. Endorsing your own products or shilling for someone is not. You're fine.

Thank you, @Jackie C....I typically err on the side of caution...LOL!

40 minutes ago, Katie M said:

Thank you, @Jackie C....I typically err on the side of caution...LOL!

Yeah.  Better safe than sorry right?  I totally understand that mindset.  I’ll have to look into that book too.  I have been known to while away my time at “ye old bookstore.”  I did find a few bras at Walmart that I make heavy use of, so I can certainly believe they have some good stuff.  It’s just few and far between in my personal experience.  Glad you feel good about the whole trip!  

6 hours ago, Ticket For Epic said:

I hope it well. I used to carry backup clothing in my car just in case I chickened out at the last minute. Turned out I never needed them. If anything it was my nervous mannerisms  that would have gotten my clocked not my actual appearance.

I met up with a new friend today for lunch. I wanted to wear something nice for the occasion and since it's so close to Valentine's Day.....

IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5626.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I met up with a new friend today for lunch. I wanted to wear something nice for the occasion and since it's so close to Valentine's Day.....

IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5626.jpeg

Cute!  Love the dress.  Also, that phone case is fantastic!  I hope your time with your friend went well!

11 hours ago, Lenneth said:

It’s just few and far between in my personal experience.

That's what a lot of women tell me about Walmart, @Lenneth. I've been hesitant to buy things there, but I'm happy I did in this case. Have a beautiful Monday!

17 hours ago, Ticket For Epic said:

Okay...  About to go girl mode grocery shopping for the first time..

Well, I did it!  It was at once beautiful, validating aaaaaand soul crushing.  I met the most wonderful and validating young woman (a cashier) who saw me pensively waiting for service.  She looked up, didn't stutter or hesitate and simply said "can I help you my dear" I almost cried right there (truth be told, I did on the way home) it's the first time I've ever been gendered properly.  She was magnificent, we turned what should have been a 7 minute transaction into almost an hour of shinanigans and laughter.  She called me beautiful (another first) we exchanged numbers and I think *she said, afraid to hope* I might have made my first girlfriend (The platonic kind!!!!🥳).

We then parted ways and I continued on to the grocery aspect of shopping...  That was less validating.  I'm pretty sure I terrified a mother and her child (well, the mother anyway).  I tried to write it off as "in my head" but I remember the NOPE! and cross the street and cross "look" from my goth days.  Lol.  Not to mention other side looks of disapproval from a few others (mostly men) why are men so scary?!  The rest of shopping was spent trying desperately not to look like I was hiding while actively trying to hide.  I know, I know...  Exactly the kind of thing that draws attention to myself!  I just felt so naked and exposed.  Hyper aware of my hair line, my brow ridge, my massive, broken and scarred "man" hands.  I have a feeling HUGE sunglasses will become a staple of life.  "I wear my sunglasses at night so I can, so I can see and watch the visions in my" ...  Sorry that got away from me there!

Thank the Goddesses for self checkout!  If it weren't for the first beautiful soul I encountered, I think last night might have put me back a step or 72.  But overall, I'd chalk it up was a win!  The good far out weighed the bad.  I am woman hear me...whimper?.…..  But a whimper isn't a bad first step.

10 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I used to carry backup clothing in my car just in case I chickened out at the last minute

Thanks, I had that thought too.  The shawl could be removed to reveal jeans (a touch on the tight side but not overly so) and a gray forever 21 sweater that could best be described as gender neutral on the feminine side or "metro sexual" for those that remember the 90's and one size fits most (but not me) gloves to hide the nails.  I didn't think the mascara would draw too much attention.  

Here endith my text book!  Gotta go, this took longer than expected to get down and life demands attention!!!

Thanks for all your support, it means the world to me.

Much love!

• Forum Moderator

Sorry it didn't go so well @Ticket For Epic, but any experience where I make a new girlfriend is a good experience. It gets easier with practice. Promise.

Hugs!

This is my "working from home, no makeup, looking like a bum" outfit! (Although I ran into town to pick up my new glasses...which I love!)

Being a Bum.jpg

8 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Sorry it didn't go so well

Thank you!  but as far as I'm concerned it went beautifully.  I would rather have had the mixed bag I had, which had a SPECTACULAR high and a "to be expected" low, than to have had a "perfect" experience that might lure me into a false sense of security and leave vulnerable to  being blind sided later. 

As always, thank you for your encouragement and support.

Much love

33 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

New sweater and boots today. 

7342751F-DEE5-4C43-AD77-EBBB4BE0FAB7.jpeg

Gotta agree with @Katie M here.  Loving the shirt there!  Not sure if I could pull off those boots like you do though.  Would be an interesting experiment though?