• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Growing the "Girls"

Charleigh Dakota

Hi, does anyone know either how normal or how rare it is to grow to a big enough size to not be able to go topless around your boys anymore after just 7 1/2 weeks of HRT? When I say "big enough" I am only talking about maybe an A cup...if that but def very noticeable and recognizable as female breasts!! FYI: I am only 5ft 9in and 150 lbs and have not gained any weight since going on HRT so they are def not moobs.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charleigh Dakota

• Ashley0616

• Ivy

• MaeBe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

The standard reply to that is "Your Mileage May Vary" and some of that is you and your spouse's judgment call as much as your actual size as far as casual family nudity goes,  but nipples being hit first and obviously in most cases does happen.  I would bet a dollar to a doughnut though that you see it sooner than your children will and your nerves will call the shot before they see it, or for that matter even care as long as you are still being the parent they know and love.  You are NOT going abnormally fast on the development though.  It you are open to them, be honest and say that you are taking meds that will change how your body looks and let them ask the questions when they see a need for it for them.  It really is about your comfort, there is no one else who can set that for you.

@VickySGV Thanks for your reply. Yea, my wife and I dont 100% about the casual family nudity thing....she thinks I am developed enough to cover the girls for sure and Im thinking...well, whats the big deal...to me, they just look more like saggy pecs than breasts but idk...my one boy is almost 17 and he wont say anything and the other is almost 8 and of course, he sure isnt going to say anything...so idk, but we decided to err on the side of caution anyway. Mostly I was just curious about if it was normal to show this much this early in HRT cause everything I read said breast development would not even begin to start until 3-6 months in and technically I wasnt even quite 2 months in and "BAM".....go to sleep with pecs...wake up with breasts!! 🙂

NOTE: Absolutely NOT complaining!! Thank you Mother Nature!! Keep 'em coming!! 🙂

• Admin

@Charlie Dakota  WPATH  says the AVERAGE ONSET is 3 to 6 months, which means some start sooner and some much later.  Lucky you got the Boob Prize and not the Booby Prize on this one.  Your kids will do just fine.

26 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

Lucky you got the Boob Prize and not the Booby Prize on this one.

🤣

On 1/19/2024 at 8:56 AM, Charlie Dakota said:

Hi, does anyone know either how normal or how rare it is to grow to a big enough size to not be able to go topless around your boys anymore after just 7 1/2 weeks of HRT? When I say "big enough" I am only talking about maybe an A cup...if that but def very noticeable and recognizable as female breasts!! FYI: I am only 5ft 9in and 150 lbs and have not gained any weight since going on HRT so they are def not moobs.

I think shape is more important than size. If your nipples have increased in diameter and length and are more prone to stiffening...if your areola are becoming more prominent...if you are developing a puffy shape...in other words, if your breasts typify those of a woman, then yes, it is time to cover up, even if you are only an A-cup.

If an obese guy with D-Cup moobs walked along the beach topless...no-one would care.

I know that is hypocritical, but it's just the way it is.

3 hours ago, Mirrabooka said:

I think shape is more important than size. If your nipples have increased in diameter and length and are more prone to stiffening...if your areola are becoming more prominent...if you are developing a puffy shape...in other words, if your breasts typify those of a woman, then yes, it is time to cover up, even if you are only an A-cup.

If an obese guy with D-Cup moobs walked along the beach topless...no-one would care.

I know that is hypocritical, but it's just the way it is.

Good morning @Mirrabooka and thank you for your wonderful, concise response!!! Very well explained and appreciated. "Sorry girls...but its lights out for you!!" 🙂 

For me it took 6 months for them to grow. I went from a C cup to D. Then again I also weigh 238 pounds and I'm sure I will lose a lot of that when I lose weight. I wished I could just target my stomach and nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

I went from a C cup to D.

Shoot...Id be totally happy with just a B cup!!

1 minute ago, Charlie Dakota said:

Shoot...Id be totally happy with just a B cup!!

I have always had breasts after I was 6. I was always picked on for it. I was also picked on because my lips naturally look like I have lipstick on. It was rough. When I was 160 I had B cups. I want DDD cup. I have a much larger frame than most trans. Which I wished I could take about 40% away and then I could be happy. I have body dysmorphia on a lot of other body parts. I do love that I have small hands, small chin, and legs are all muscle with no fat on them. I can pinch maybe half an inch and that's it on my thighs. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

I want DDD cup

Be careful what you wish for. DDD's are always right in the way. 

Im 5ft 9in and 151 lbs atm...when I was 24 and entering Navy boot camp...I was only 124 lbs. I actually had to gain weight to get in. I was always so lanky and small....I got picked on a lot for my petite size...and my parents use to pick on me too and say i took "no-butt-at-all" pills....which I thought was very wrong of them to do because it really hurt my feelings a lot, prob has something to do with my body positivity issues now too. idk...but I am working on it and I am excited!! 

1 minute ago, Birdie said:

Be careful what you wish for. DDD's are always right in the way. 

I would be happy to have that problem. I would never want to reduce them. I'm a 42 DD with my breast forms so I'm not too far from what it would feel like. 

Just now, Charlie Dakota said:

Im 5ft 9in and 151 lbs atm...when I was 24 and entering Navy boot camp...I was only 124 lbs. I actually had to gain weight to get in. I was always so lanky and small....I got picked on a lot for my petite size...and my parents use to pick on me too and say i took "no-butt-at-all" pills....which I thought was very wrong of them to do because it really hurt my feelings a lot, prob has something to do with my body positivity issues now too. idk...but I am working on it and I am excited!! 

It has been a fun experience so far. I can't wait till my fat gets redistributed to my hips and hopefully butt. I don't have any of that. 

2 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

It has been a fun experience so far. I can't wait till my fat gets redistributed to my hips and hopefully butt. I don't have any of that. 

Yes...I am (im)patiently waiting on that to happen myself!! I have learned though that if I walk more "heel to toe" it really helps with my hip swing and I also think it might help build hip/thigh muscles that I didnt have when I walked like a dude

1 minute ago, Charlie Dakota said:

Yes...I am (im)patiently waiting on that to happen myself!! I have learned though that if I walk more "heel to toe" it really helps with my hip swing and I also think it might help build hip/thigh muscles that I didnt have when I walked like a dude

I use my lower torso, butt, hips or I should say where they should be, arms, stand straight and head held high. 

1 hour ago, Ashley0616 said:

I use my lower torso, butt, hips or I should say where they should be, arms, stand straight and head held high. 

Dont forget "Chest Out" ... A not so funny reference to "heel to toe" is when I was in boot camp, the Navy used to use the term .... "Nut to Butt" when we marched. Was always a repulsive term to me...

• Forum Moderator

It is not uncommon for breast development to start quickly.  By the time I had been on HRT for two months, mine were big enough that I the jiggling was uncomfortable when exercising or trotting down stairs.I started wearing a bra for comfort even though I was not yet out publicly.

The growth rate wasn't sustained, though.  I will be happy if I eventually reach a full A-cup!  You win some; you lose some.

Thanks @KathyLauren I still have top surgery on my radar but for the time being...Im going to focus on bottom surgery and see what happens up top. Im hoping for all natural if possible...My goal is B cup though so Im likely not going to be that blessed.

31 minutes ago, Charlie Dakota said:

Dont forget "Chest Out" ... A not so funny reference to "heel to toe" is when I was in boot camp, the Navy used to use the term .... "Nut to Butt" when we marched. Was always a repulsive term to me...

Yes I definitely remember that phrase. 

Just wanted to share about molded cup bras when it is time to start wearing a bra or just generally. They are really nice for defining a shape underneath clothing, protecting the girls from bumping especially when they are pretty tender, and being available in hard-to-find sizes (large band and small cup). I have had great luck on the website Her Room. Happy shopping!

Love,

~Audrey.

4 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

I wished I could just target my stomach and nothing else. 

preach it... 

I'm on week 6 and i'm starting to see (and feel) them growing. I'm 48 so I'm really scared they'll just look like saggy moobs. Funny that my kids have suddenly began to poke them (they're 8 and 5) and they are super sore right now so I don't love it. haha. you did give me something to think about if they keep growing.  my husband and I have always been very body positive with the kids as we were both raised in more traditional homes.

I also feel like i'm eating for 2 since I started HRT and did notice my very tiny butt has grown a tiny tiny bit and i'm happy about it.

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

I'm on week 6 and i'm starting to see (and feel) them growing. I'm 48 so I'm really scared they'll just look like saggy moobs. Funny that my kids have suddenly began to poke them (they're 8 and 5) and they are super sore right now so I don't love it. haha. you did give me something to think about if they keep growing.  my husband and I have always been very body positive with the kids as we were both raised in more traditional homes.

I also feel like i'm eating for 2 since I started HRT and did notice my very tiny butt has grown a tiny tiny bit and i'm happy about it.

Im 48 also and on week 10 (almost) and trust me girl...they look like 16 yr old boobs!! 🙂 My thighs, hips and butt have also benefited from HRT so far...seems my lips and eyebrows are starting to feminize more too. 

really? I didn't think it affected/femenized facial features....TBH I haven't done a lot of research on ALL the effects of HRT.

I'm 5.7 and 155lb and I don't know where I want to go with HRT and the changes. I'm scared.  I do have fantasies about having Cs but I don't want to shave/laser off my chest hair...I want to trim it but not shave it completely...this is all new to me so I'm figuring it all out. TBH I'm worried about what this will do to physical attraction (will my husband still find me physically attractive?)