• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Growing the "Girls"

Charleigh Dakota

19 minutes ago, Owly said:

really? I didn't think it affected/femenized facial features....TBH I haven't done a lot of research on ALL the effects of HRT.

I'm 5.7 and 155lb and I don't know where I want to go with HRT and the changes. I'm scared.  I do have fantasies about having Cs but I don't want to shave/laser off my chest hair...I want to trim it but not shave it completely...this is all new to me so I'm figuring it all out. TBH I'm worried about what this will do to physical attraction (will my husband still find me physically attractive?)   

Yea...I didnt think so either...but I take transition progress pics frequently and I can def see the diffs. I am 5ft 9in and 150 lbs. I am only going for B cups...atm I am in Tanner Stage 3 with natural breast growth (LOVING IT)....I never had any chest hair actually....minus a cpl strands around each nipple...which I just shave off every few weeks or so...As far as if your husband will find you physically attractive...nobody can answer that but him/her....have you spoken with them about your transition and HRT?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charleigh Dakota

• Ashley0616

• Ivy

• MaeBe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Due to forum rules I cant disclose my dosages but my PCP has me on Estrogen, Spiro and Progesterone....I am also on Lexapro...which apparently also promotes breast growth in rare cases!! Lucky for me...I'm RARE!! lol

1 minute ago, Charlie Dakota said:

Due to forum rules I cant disclose my dosages but my PCP has me on Estrogen, Spiro and Progesterone....I am also on Lexapro...which apparently also promotes breast growth in rare cases!! Lucky for me...I'm RARE!! lol

But my baseline testosterone levels were slightly below the "normal" range for a AMAB my age too so that may have played a factor in my development so far...idk?

It's been really slow for me.  But I started in my late 60's on a low dose of E.  It has been gradually raised for about 5yrs now.  I had a hard and unsuccessful time trying to get my endo to add progesterone, but he wouldn't do it.  So I added in some over the counter cream (which I'd always heard doesn't work). The jury is still out on that in my opinion.  How ever I was able to switch my HRT to a gynecologist in the woman's clinic and she gives me the P with the E.  I think it helps.

I should say that my mother and sisters were never all that large, so there is genetics.  I now fill the 42 A cup bra.  Not real impressive, but quite real - which was the point anyway.  (I'm 5'10" and around 200 lbs)

As a side note, it was quite early on when I was very uncomfortable with going topless.

1 minute ago, Ivy said:

It's been really slow for me.  But I started in my late 60's on a low dose of E.  It has been gradually raised for about 5yrs now.  I had a hard and unsuccessful time trying to get my endo to add progesterone, but he wouldn't do it.  So I added in some over the counter cream (which I'd always heard doesn't work). The jury is still out on that in my opinion.  How ever I was able to switch my HRT to a gynecologist in the woman's clinic and she gives me the P with the E.  I think it helps.

I should say that my mother and sisters were never all that large, so there is genetics.  I now fill the 42 A cup bra.  Not real impressive, but quite real - which was the point anyway.  (I'm 5'10" and around 200 lbs)

As a side note, it was quite early on when I was very uncomfortable with going topless.

Yes...from what my aunt tells me....my mother was not that large either...my sister..Im  not sure...but Im hoping my already low T helps with the process....my skin has always been smooth and soft too...and my hair like baby hair...makes my wife jealous...I guess I was already a lot "female" in physical characteristics before HRT so I guess that might be why...but yes...I absolutely and unquestionably must wear a shirt, and at times a bra to hide my nipples, around my boys now....one being 17 and the other 8....

As for facial changes, I haven't really paid a lot of attention, but I have been told that I do look "softer" now.

There is less body hair, and what there is is softer.  When I first started I shaved my legs now and then.  I haven't in at least two years, and you'd never know it.  Similar with chest hairs.  If I could just get the same with my face…

And I'd like a bit on top too.  Too many years of testosterone poisoning.  I just tell myself I suffered from years of a hormone imbalance.

I am just starting my transition from M2F, but anxious to see and feel my breasts develop.

Welcome, Leah-Beth.

1 hour ago, Leah-Beth said:

anxious to see and feel my breasts develop.

It is an amazing feeling when you first accidentally bump something and realize what is happening.

Lips definitely come along for the ride. Overall facial fat distribution as well.

I started with just under a B cup before HRT, yay gynecomastia! and through a full month of Estradiol only on a lowish dose. Things are working and I can tell my breasts are a little fuller. Not much, but a little bit. Same as all the others here with sensitivity. My hope is they develop better shaping, they're too conical. I have a ways to go before I get too concerned, but I see progesterone in my future.

My endocrinologist said I could get on progesterone after a year so maybe more growth. I want them to naturally be DD so when I can get implants it won’t be as big to get DDD  

7 hours ago, Leah-Beth said:

I am just starting my transition from M2F, but anxious to see and feel my breasts develop.

Oh it is an AMAZING feeling!! 

4 hours ago, MaeBe said:

Lips definitely come along for the ride. Overall facial fat distribution as well.

I started with just under a B cup before HRT, yay gynecomastia! and through a full month of Estradiol only on a lowish dose. Things are working and I can tell my breasts are a little fuller. Not much, but a little bit. Same as all the others here with sensitivity. My hope is they develop better shaping, they're too conical. I have a ways to go before I get too concerned, but I see progesterone in my future.

Yes...I just started Progesterone this morning and I am so very hopeful. Although, so far I am developing relatively fast from my research and observations indicate...but Im old..Im in a hurry!! haha. Mine did start out very conical as well but in the last few days they have filled out more up top and rounded out more on the sides and bottom. Im so excited every day to wake up and see what has changed with them!! lm probably going to be disappointed when they finally stop growing. lol 

Edited by VickySGV
Member request

Anyone have any advice, feedback, experience, etc with Progesterone and if it actually does help with breast growth...and if so, what were you results and how quickly did you see the change?

9 minutes ago, Charlie Dakota said:

Progesterone and if it actually does help with breast growth...

I tried to get my (VA) endocrinologist to add P to my E prescription, but he wouldn't.  Last year I switched to the gynecologist in the woman's clinic for my HRT, and she was fine with it.  I've not been one to take measurements and such, but I have noticed that I fill out my bra better now.  And they just feel fuller.

At my age I really don'r expect a whole lot, but my perception is the Progesterone has helped.  And of course, they feel great.

• Admin

Progesterone is one of those things that MAY help some people but not all and not all equally who do take it.  I could not take it, but have been around folks that do take it and they are one of two types with no middle ground, THEY LOVE IT or THEY HATE IT!!  I am happy with what I have which is just a tad bigger than one sister and equal to the other in size and close to my grandmothers (plural). 

My major AHAA moment was driving in the hills just north of me where there are some very winding roads with sharp turns and hand over hand steering even at moderate speeds.  Oh did they get banged around by my elbows.

1 hour ago, VickySGV said:

My major AHAA moment was driving in the hills just north of me where there are some very winding roads with sharp turns and hand over hand steering even at moderate speeds.  Oh did they get banged around by my elbows.

I dont know if I should say Im sorry or Congratulations here!! ❤️

2 hours ago, Ivy said:

I tried to get my (VA) endocrinologist to add P to my E prescription, but he wouldn't.  Last year I switched to the gynecologist in the woman's clinic for my HRT, and she was fine with it.  I've not been one to take measurements and such, but I have noticed that I fill out my bra better now.  And they just feel fuller.

At my age I really don'r expect a whole lot, but my perception is the Progesterone has helped.  And of course, they feel great.

About how long after beginning P did you notice a boost beyond your normal E growth? Do you recall?

4 hours ago, VickySGV said:

Progesterone is one of those things that MAY help some people but not all and not all equally who do take it.  I could not take it, but have been around folks that do take it and they are one of two types with no middle ground, THEY LOVE IT or THEY HATE IT!!  I am happy with what I have which is just a tad bigger than one sister and equal to the other in size and close to my grandmothers (plural). 

Hi.  Did they say why they hated it? were there any major side effects?

tonight I was feeling my little mosquto bites up after the shower. They felt nice. And I thought "maybe I'll be an enby with hairy chest and breasts". I'm okay with that.  I just don't see myself going through electrolysis. ouch.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Owly said:

I don't remember every case, but mostly it was the fact that the results did not live up to their hopes and dreams of the meds as Magic Sauce in their lives.  How many had unreasonable expectations I really can't tell you.  One was mad that she still had to get BA surgery after thinking she would get double H instead of still B cups. 

16 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

I don't remember every case, but mostly it was the fact that the results did not live up to their hopes and dreams of the meds as Magic Sauce in their lives.  How many had unreasonable expectations I really can't tell you.  One was mad that she still had to get BA surgery after thinking she would get double H instead of still B cups. 

Ah I see. thank you Vicky. :). I will remind myself to not have unrealistic expectations. 

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, VickySGV said:

One was mad that she still had to get BA surgery after thinking she would get double H instead of still B cups. 

Realistic expectations are one reason I encourage people to sign up to this and similar forums.  I knew from talking to others that As were more likely than Ds.  They told me to check my female relatives, that I'd most likely end up smaller than them.  My mother was small.  I checked a photo of my grandmother, and she was small.  So I'd have been ecstatic with Bs.  I am a small A, but they are real and they are mine!  Woo-hoo!

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

I am a small A, but they are real and they are mine!  Woo-hoo!

Yeah, that's all that matters to me as well.

In answer to another question -

I started using a P (plant-based) cream before I was able to switch doctors.  I had always heard that these things didn't work, but hey, why not.  I do feel like it helped a little, but it did help my mental state.  I told the gynecologist about this of course when I started seeing her.  She kind of dismissed it.  We had a nice talk getting to know each other.  I told her I wasn't expecting a whole lot and mentioned my mother being small.  She just kinda laughed and pointed out that she was on the small side as well.  She wrote me the scrip for the P (caps) which I take now before bed.  (they say it can make you sleepy)  I still use the cream on them because I like how it feels.  My latest labs came back fine.

12 hours ago, Owly said:

I've heard that it can really affect some people's moods in a negative way as well. Things I've read suggest:

• It may help with maturation of the breast (rounding out, fullness)
  • It may do nothing for your breasts
  • It may stunt breast development (matures the breast before they reach their size potential)
  • It may cause moodiness or negative emotions
  • It may increase libido
  • It may improve sleep
  • It may increase body hair growth