• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

2:2 week 2. Just got an email for my stats too. I’ll try to post this weekly. Lots of green arrows this week! Gonna be hard to keep them green. B3AE496B-D27E-43A1-911A-EC72C57ACE62.thumb.png.9e91ddf6db48dd7c9a7d6bb71f9da6f4.png

depending on my video for the day, I sometimes don’t get credit with my Fitbit. Like tomorrow is strength. It’s slow and deliberate so it doesn’t see the exercise. I average 5-6 days a week with a video though. ????

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you everyone. I’m glad that everyone is making great progress. I’m stuck at around 175 at the moment but my waist is down to 39 inches fitting better and better into medium sized blouses so I’m happy.

On a not so good note, my weight watchers scale exploded about two weeks ago and sent glass bits everywhere. I’ve only had my Wii Fit U to weigh me and it seems a bit heavier then the rest based on weigh ins while I had my other scale and it. I guess as long as I see the number going down the number is relative. I don’t really care about the number itself so much as my waist line.

Currently I’m about nine to ten inches away from my goal.

Congrats everyone on the goals that have been reached. @Amy LeBlanc, be careful with doing excersize that focuses on abs, and your waist specifically. Gaining a 6 pack can backfire because of what's left of your man body. Gaining a great 6pack can make it impossible to narrow the waist line. Just like doing male style push-ups. Yes it will perk up your boobies but at the risk of gaining large guns. Unless you are going for a female body builder look (testosterone needed) then, to maintain your desire for feminine body, go for toning not strength. You're a truck driver. You gotta lose the guns to bring out the breast. Just be careful you are not negating your femininity in the quest for weight loss. Everyone is different. One size DOES NOT fit all in transition. Each of us must choose what our individual bodies need. 

My weight loss is governed purely by my food intake. This is why Ketogenics works for me. I have what my Neurologist called Extreme Advanced Peripheral Neuopathy of the Lower Extremities due to Sciatic Impingement. I can walk a couple miles a day and I try to every day! Sometimes more and sometimes less. Sometimes I can't even get my shoes on. Flats absolutely kill my feet. I've been on 2"-4" heels all my life. From 2"cowboy boots when I was little to 6" plats (4"heel) in my teens to 2" harness boots when I was on my Harley or the Stage the next 40 years. Now I just have my 3" booties and a pair of 3" pumps and a pair 3" wedges and flip flops for mailbox runs and indoor stuff or the Spa!

There is always extreme pain in my back, feet and shins 24/7. It is slightly mitigated with numbing cream and lidocaine patches but never 100% effective. I try not to take hydrocodone. Sometimes I just have to.

So, that said , I don't have a workout regimen. I do yoga like stretches daily and horizontal pull ups every other day. I love doing planks that has been my goto excersize. But, again, I still have to be aware of building the stomache muscles. I have a deflated spare tire around my waist.  So until that excess skin is removed I have to be careful I don't negate the waist slimming qualities of HRT. So I rotate my planks and horizontal pullups through the course of the week. NOT focusing on any one area but the whole body.

My BMI is 23.5% @ 175# !!!

I feel wonderful; as long as I ignore the Neuropathy I'm good. 

I am really enjoying the feminizing process. I have never felt better. Oh yeah, today marks 1 year on HRT. 

2 hours ago, Michelle F said:

be careful with doing excersize that focuses on abs, and your waist specifically. Gaining a 6 pack can backfire because of what's left of your man body. Gaining a great 6pack can make it impossible to narrow the waist line. Just like doing male style push-ups. Yes it will perk up your boobies but at the risk of gaining large guns. Unless you are going for a female body builder look (testosterone needed) then, to maintain your desire for feminine body, go for toning not strength. You're a truck driver. You gotta lose the guns to bring out the breast. Just be careful you are not negating your femininity in the quest for weight loss. Everyone is different. One size DOES NOT fit all in transition. Each of us must choose what our individual bodies need. 

I find this to be very wrong. I focus on my abs and core every day. Literally every day. And I have been very active and working extremely hard for over 2 years now. And the complete opposite effects is what I’ve seen. I’ve gone from a square size 14 to a curved size 10. I can see my top 2 abs, and I’m hoping for the rest soon. 

I personally know dozens of women with abs as well. That are very visible. They all focus on ab work as part of their daily routines. And none of them look like men. And neither do I at least in that part of my body. My torso is very soft and feminine. And my hips and buttock are both getting bigger now because of the core work I do. 

It is possible to push your core too hard and create muscle. But it’s not coming from the Alexis ren ab workout. It’s coming from heavy weight training and lots of protein. Not 15-20 minutes of light ab work. 50 pound weights on your chest while doing push-ups. Planking with weight on your back. Pressing and dipping heavy weights. Her workout is meant to lengthen and lean out. It’s perfect for what she’s trying for. Or any female for that matter. 

The female form is amazing. Especially when it’s on point. The strength. The leanness. The power. And softness. It’s all there. Just like how everyone says Laverne Cox is too muscular. Screw that she is beautiful in every way. It’s the haters that have the problems. 

Sorry my rant is over. This kind of thing really irks me. 

So I have finished my Alexis Ren Ab workout.  Core is on fire.  I waited for 15min and did it a second time.

When I am doing the RIPT90 workout, I am using the light 3lb dumbells and a light 10lb kettle bell.  RIPT90 is designed to burn fat and add muscle.  However, when they say pickup the heaviest weight I can handle, I use the light 3lb and do more reps with light weight.

@Kirsten I have made some home made vegetable soup.  Used fresh carrots, bell pepper, onion, 2x small potatoes, green beans, cooked skew meat and vegetarian broth.  I know what you will say with the potatoes and the recipe called for 4x but I used 2x to try and cut my carbs down even more. I have slow cooked it in my crockpot.  

Since it is Tuesday, it is ballet dance night

How is everyone doing on their goals? 

I am still feeling pretty solid in my quest. I haven’t missed a workout in almost 2 weeks, and my diet has really been on point. I am still hovering in the upper 170s but that’s good since last week I gained 3 pounds of muscle. I was back over 180. But it didn’t last. The workouts are severe and I was told to expect some weeks of gain because of how hard it is. 

One thing I am extremely proud of is my push ups. In January I was averaging 4-5 pushups per cycle (which is about 45 seconds to a minute). I am now averaging well over 20!! And I could keep going too! I am so happy to have found my Beachbody family. The girls are awesome. They treat me well and we support each other similarly to here. 

Healthy and happy. Those are my words of the day. ????

Woke up today, did my workout (week 2 cut), had my shake, shower, dressed, makeup, and at work now. And the walk from the parking lot to the garage was awesome! My body feels so amazing! It’s been a long time since I’ve felt this good. And all the way to work I just kept thinking that I didn’t engage my core as much as I’d like. But maybe I’m just making the turn from out of shape to good health. ??????

Weekends are always tough. We tend to slack on exercise, and even more on nutrition. Don’t give back all that work you have done all week. Cut your cheat portions down, and try to get a salad in every day. And keep moving!! For me Saturday is a balance and stretch day, Sunday’s off. So Saturday I clean my house top to bottom for a solid 8-9000 steps. And Sunday is yardwork for another 10k steps+. 

Whatever you do, do it well. Stay happy and healthy everyone!! ❤️????

Week two of transform 20 COMPLETE!! I have survived the commit stage. Now onto climb! I have completed a lot of these workout routines over the years, but only once have I completed the entire series in order and on time. I have committed to this one. And I WILL complete it in 42 days! I think the last 3 days are even on my vacation, but vacation or not, I’m exercising every day. ????

The weekend is always hard to stay on track for everyone. Plan your exercise, and lay out your food. Prep your food if you need to, but stay on track. Especially for everyone that is planning on celebrating Easter tomorrow. There’s always so much food to choose from at our house. But this year I am planning on sticking to my portion control. And I’ll have a small snack to complement a healthy dinner. 

My Easter menu:

apps: shrimp cocktail, buffalo cauliflower bites

Dinner: spiral ham, balsamic roasted veggies, caprese tortellini salad, garden salad, organic whole grain rolls. 

Dessert: ? (I’m not making it so I don’t know) 

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Easter! 

So yesterday my diet went right out the door.  I did not exercise and I was drinking my pain away and eating pizza.  But the funny thing is that I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale and lost 2lbs.  How the did that happen with drinking my pain away and eating pizza then find out in the morning that I lost 2lbs.

It is another story on what I was trying to drink away.

It’s all water weight and an unbalanced system. Losing 2 pounds overnight doesn’t mean you lost 2 pounds. Although it is a nice scale moment. Lol. 

As far as blowing everything, I don’t agree. You had a cheat. Cheats are fine. The issue I see is that it’s directly linked to an emotional issue. That’s a tough link to break, but one that everyone should do. Emotional eating is the worst kind of eating habit to carry. Try separating the alcohol and the food from the emotions. But don’t beat yourself up over a bad day. The bad day isn’t what matters. It’s what you do the next day that matters. You get back on that exercise train, and fuel it with healthy habits. 

I have been pushing my Monday workouts to the afternoon myself. GOT is Sunday nights at 9 so I’m up past 10 every Sunday. There’s no way I’m waking up at 4 if I can’t get to bed till 1020 or so. It kills me all day. I’m tired. I’m grumpy. I am incessantly yawning. It’s awful. I don’t have my shake if I don’t exercise, so I end up with something less than healthy (dunks power breakfast sandwich and a coffee today). But it’s a sacrifice I choose to make for my television show. I have 8+ years invested so I make an exception. And it’s okay to not be perfect. 

Like I say all the time Amy it’s not about being on a diet. It’s not about working out every day. It’s not about that number the scale flashes in our faces either. It’s about finding your place. It’s about loving yourself. It’s about keeping yourself strong and healthy. It’s about being proud of your work that you do for you! These battles aren’t won in public. They’re won inside ourselves. They are won at 4am deciding to push yourself out of bed to do something good for your body. They are created in the dark when we are alone. THATS when we are created. THATS when we are our strongest. THATS the times that are the most important. And you are doing a great job!!! Bad days or not, you are awesome! 

Whoo! Found a moment! 

So im still on point in my workouts. I’m fully into my supplements as well. I really enjoy the energize in the morning. Within 15-20 mins my energy is ramped way up! My reps are moving in a positive direction and I am carrying plenty of energy into my day between that and the shakeology. 

Im into week 3 of 6 and it’s much harder. But doable. But my sweat puddle has tripled now. Lol. And the abs are getting close now! I can see them, but minimal definition.

I am having one adverse effect and that’s my arms. They are growing. I’ve gone from 4-5 pushups in a minute to 40+. So I’m not surprised. I have to be very careful now with upper body work. I’ll be swapping out arm and chest work for ab and butt moves I think. Maybe some cardio too. But the whole workout is pretty cardio based already. I’m probably the only person in the community complaining about her results being too dramatic. Haha. ??‍♀️

I hope everyone is still working hard on their goals. There’s been a lot less posting here lately. Keep pushing for that sleek sexy body! And I’m always available for “extra credit” work if you’re up to it. ?

Just now, Kirsten said:

Whoo! Found a moment! 

So im still on point in my workouts. I’m fully into my supplements as well. I really enjoy the energize in the morning. Within 15-20 mins my energy is ramped way up! My reps are moving in a positive direction and I am carrying plenty of energy into my day between that and the shakeology. 

Im into week 3 of 6 and it’s much harder. But doable. But my sweat puddle has tripled now. Lol. And the abs are getting close now! I can see them, but minimal definition.

I am having one adverse effect and that’s my arms. They are growing. I’ve gone from 4-5 pushups in a minute to 40+. So I’m not surprised. I have to be very careful now with upper body work. I’ll be swapping out arm and chest work for ab and butt moves I think. Maybe some cardio too. But the whole workout is pretty cardio based already. I’m probably the only person in the community complaining about her results being too dramatic. Haha. ??‍♀️

I hope everyone is still working hard on their goals. There’s been a lot less posting here lately. Keep pushing for that sleek sexy body! And I’m always available for “extra credit” work if you’re up to it. ?

Dont know if you are up for it, but maybe we can Skype workout together 1 day.

The C25K has been wonderful for me.  But I might have to start changing my running times to the night since AZ is starting to get hotter.  We are moving into the upper 90's this week so any activity outside will need to be done at night.

I still have been going crazy with the Alexis Ren Ab workout and also my ballet class.  Now tonight is my ballet class and we usually always do ab workouts in class before dancing.  So I am not going to do Alexis Ren today.  Last time I did that and then went to ballet and did more abs.I feel flat on my back and could not move.

Then of course I have done my cheat way to give me a boost on my ab area and I can say the cheat way did help to flatten my stomach in half.  But It's not where I want it, yet I know I have to work on lessen my Viscural fat that is under the muscle which is the hard fat to trim and lose.  But do need to have some there since it also servers a purpose in our bodies to protect our organs.  So want to work on trimming it up myself

However, I still love how my refrigerator did a major 180.  I went from having no fruits or veggies in my fridge to now I have fruits and veggies and love my carrots for snacks and apples for snacks.  Been cooking more with bell peppers, onions, garlic, making more salads,.  I made a nice skinless chicken breast with pepper corns and lime juice and some steamed mixed veggies.  I have left overs.  

Thinking on Wednesday making those shrimp kobabs like what you made @Kirsten  

They are delish Amy!! Sooo yum!! 

Another day, another workout. Yesterday I had a rough day when it comes to my image. I have lost so much fat that I am starting to get very defined. My arms are literally ripped at this point. But since I’m still in my first year of transition, my arms are still not quite that feminine. Smaller than a year ago, yes. But still pretty masculine. But I know I’m not done changing. My arms are still shrinking. My skin is still changing. Everything is just started. So I feel much better now. 

Being healthy is important. Exercise and fitness are my passion. I am staying the course. Making myself a little more feminine looking is great and all, but at my age healthy living is much more important. 

Have a a great day everyone! Push yourself and find that power!! 

Week 3 complete! And on time!! 20 days and haven’t missed a workout! I even started adding extra workouts in! And I am past being worried about getting too muscular. My gt told me not to worry. She says as my hormones balance out to where they need to be ill thin and lean all that muscle out naturally anyways. So maybe I’ll have a muscular physique this year, but next year it’ll be much more feminine. 

I am very proud of myself. And those abs are in reach!!! Natalie you definitely have me on weight, but I always knew you’d crush me there. ?. 22 days to go this round!! ????  ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

I am feeling bad cause I have missed workouts.  I am still pushing myself on eating healthier and to cut down on the carbs alot more and go after the proteins like Chicken, and fish and veggies and fruit for snack.  Working 3rd shift sucks and is so hard to do workouts when I am coming home beat and tired.  But I can say that I am getting a hell of a workout from my ballet class.

Amy don’t feel bad for missing workouts. You are in control of yourself. There’s no rules. Do what you can do. If you want more, make a plan. If you want less do less. Ultimately all that matters is your happiness. Are you happy? ?

I love health and fitness. It’s very important to me. It’s why I wake up at 4am every day. I’ve lost all the weight I need to. I lost it years ago because I was just getting more male. So I left it behind. But things are different now. I am happy with my body right now. And I love doing my workouts. It makes me feel right. That’s why I do what I do. Find what makes you you and do that. Do it fully. Do it well. Do it and be proud. And don’t let anyone else tell you different! 

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

Amy don’t feel bad for missing workouts. You are in control of yourself. There’s no rules. Do what you can do. If you want more, make a plan. If you want less do less. Ultimately all that matters is your happiness. Are you happy? ?

I love health and fitness. It’s very important to me. It’s why I wake up at 4am every day. I’ve lost all the weight I need to. I lost it years ago because I was just getting more male. So I left it behind. But things are different now. I am happy with my body right now. And I love doing my workouts. It makes me feel right. That’s why I do what I do. Find what makes you you and do that. Do it fully. Do it well. Do it and be proud. And don’t let anyone else tell you different! 

Thanks Kirsten.  I do love the fact how my cupboards and fridge have undergone a 180 and love eating healthier.  I love the fact that I do have more energy with working out.  I really love doing ballet.  I love it, love it and just enjoy ballet.

But the most important is that the fact I have turned around my eating habits and no longer eating unhealthy

Today is gonna be my first day off from exercising in 18 days! So excited to just sit! Lol. 

I had 2 pieces of bacon at breakfast and now I have a tummy ache. I’ve lost the ability to have that much fat I guess. Oh well. ??‍♀️  

Have a great day everyone! 

On 4/27/2019 at 6:31 AM, Kirsten said:

Week 3 complete! And on time!! 20 days and haven’t missed a workout! I even started adding extra workouts in! And I am past being worried about getting too muscular. My gt told me not to worry. She says as my hormones balance out to where they need to be ill thin and lean all that muscle out naturally anyways. So maybe I’ll have a muscular physique this year, but next year it’ll be much more feminine. 

I am very proud of myself. And those abs are in reach!!! Natalie you definitely have me on weight, but I always knew you’d crush me there. ?. 22 days to go this round!! ????  ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

Everyone is doing great.

As of yesterday my waist was a little under 38.5 inches. I weighed in yesterday at 173.7 pounds.

I didn’t weigh in this morning because I overslept.

Things have been super hectic the last month or so. I fly out to Virginia this Saturday, pack up the house and drive back out to Texas and drop things off at the apartment and keep the dogs while my boyfriend goes back to the house to keep an eye on the house while it is up for sale.

I hope it sells fast. In the mean time I start the hunt for a rental house to have the pod shipped to the house and get out of paying for the pod.

Awesome Natalie! 

Too bad you weren’t gonna be out that way later in May. On the 15th we are leaving mass for SC. Gonna be there for about 4-5 days. We could’ve seen if we could meet up for a meal or something. Someday. ?

Week 4 day 2 complete! My weight has balanced out in the mid to upper 170s the last few weeks too. Nutrition is so key. I eat better now and eat more now than ever in my life. I’m actually averaging 1500-1700 cals a day now and I’m still dropping about a pound a week! It’s no longer a diet at all. It’s just healthy eating. And basic exercise. Everything the body needs. I am definitely proof that if you do what you’re supposed to, you’ll get those results and so much more! It’s even helped my mental health so much. And the shakeology has regulated my digestion so well. I’ll never live another day without my shakeo!! IBS is gone!! ?

I literally wake up Tuesday-Saturday at 4 am happy energized and ready to go! Even if it’s raining bull sheet I am always happy and positive now. And I accredit it to this healthy lifestyle. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. Dare I say better than transition! ??‍♀️ Well at least as good. Lol. 

43 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Week 4 day 2 complete! My weight has balanced out in the mid to upper 170s the last few weeks too. Nutrition is so key. I eat better now and eat more now than ever in my life. I’m actually averaging 1500-1700 cals a day now and I’m still dropping about a pound a week! It’s no longer a diet at all. It’s just healthy eating. And basic exercise. Everything the body needs. I am definitely proof that if you do what you’re supposed to, you’ll get those results and so much more! It’s even helped my mental health so much. And the shakeology has regulated my digestion so well. I’ll never live another day without my shakeo!! IBS is gone!! ?

I literally wake up Tuesday-Saturday at 4 am happy energized and ready to go! Even if it’s raining bull sheet I am always happy and positive now. And I accredit it to this healthy lifestyle. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. Dare I say better than transition! ??‍♀️ Well at least as good. Lol. 

Exactly. I haven’t thought of it a diet even once.  I’ve noticed I also am doing much better on the stairs now and I can run longer. I’m starting to feel closer to my fit level of my early twenties.

19 hours ago, Kirsten said:

Awesome Natalie! 

Too bad you weren’t gonna be out that way later in May. On the 15th we are leaving mass for SC. Gonna be there for about 4-5 days. We could’ve seen if we could meet up for a meal or something. Someday. ?

Oh well maybe next time. I’d warn you to be careful driving in South Carolina but I already know how crazy the North East drives. ?