• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Place To Say Something

JJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyndee

• Charlize

• Ravin

• JJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LauraJen

I just wrote a post intended for the depression forum but cut and pasted it into a text file and changed my mind. Still did me some good to write it all down though.

The truth is, today hasn't been great. And I am starting to wonder if I will ever actually get to transition.

Guest DianeATL

LauraJen,

I know what you mean about writing it down makes you feel better. Good to fully express your thoughts. We all go up and down regarding transition, some days I think I've got it down and other days I don't think I have a chance. For me, I just have to focus on the baby steps versus the end goal. One day at a time and one step at a time is my motto.

Hang in there,

Hugs

Diane

Guest LauraJen

LauraJen,

I know what you mean about writing it down makes you feel better. Good to fully express your thoughts. We all go up and down regarding transition, some days I think I've got it down and other days I don't think I have a chance. For me, I just have to focus on the baby steps versus the end goal. One day at a time and one step at a time is my motto.

Hang in there,

Hugs

Diane

Thanks Diane. I have been having a rather pessimistic outlook on life recently. It probably doesn't help that the holiday season is about here now, it's December tomorrow and this time of year unfortunately is notorious for throwing up a lot of negative feelings among us in general.

Moving out is expensive and we have a cost of living crisis in this country, so people are moving out later. I am expecting life to be quite difficult and that's even before I think about trans issues. I would have absolutely no issue whatsoever living with my parents and commuting to work for six or seven years and save up a lot of money to set myself up well for future life, but due to a lack of support at home I need to move out as soon as possible, maybe before I am entirely ready financially.

I wanted to experience life and transition properly as a young person, but my parents had other ideas. I can't see myself doing an on the job transition especially considering that these days there is so much pressure to get a job and keep it, when you are my age in particular. I would have been better off doing it in university, or before it. But I am financially dependent on unsupportive parents. And we all know what that means...

Guest DianeATL

LauraJen

When you are young it is hard to have a long term perspective. You have some because you recognize that you could remain at home and set yourself up for a better future. I don't know your details but you may want to rethink that option. A few years of sacrifice now may be worth a lifetime of success. If you move out now you may find that you are going through life dragging an anchor. If you can get yourself ready financially first, you will have a much smoother road for the rest of your life.

It is hard to be patient but as someone who has lived a lot of life, been broke and recovered, I have a long term perspective that can help in situations like yours.

Hugs,

Diane

Guest LauraJen

I've waited a lot longer than most are willing to. Living with your parents is far from great when they don't support you. I can't do anything here like this. Sure, life will be hard. But that's the cross I bear for wanting independence I suppose.

I can't help comparing myself to friends I have made over the years who are the same age as me and have completely transitioned. I'm just going to have to accept that it wasn't to be.

Sorry for the self indulgence. This has not been a good time. I've had a real bad crash these last couple of days. I'll get over it.

Guest Jasminerosa

Hi I live where there are few picking most gay guys here like guys here and there are no transgender or crossedresser there my friend she left to become a guy so I'm looking for someone that's looking for a guy that's dress in women clothes and is taking girl hormones

Guest AmyJean

Every day is getting both better and more difficult. I have a nice long vacation starting on the 21st and my GT appointment on the 27th, but it feels like it's a century away. Whenever I think about doing any sort of work I start to get a headache; I'll do a few things and then get distracted. I went for a run today, which helped, but I feel like I could have stayed out there all day until my legs fell off. I'm working from home today and tomorrow due to the weather, which is nice in some respects, but just makes the days go by longer.

Come On Dec 21st, I need you!

• Admin

Well at least it contributed the 500th post to this thread Meagan!! I'm going 501 on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

I got my grades in for fall. A B in Federal Indian Law I, and a B+ in the Public Defender Clinic. Yay!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ravin

C -

Guest LauraJen

It's a shame as I always want to enjoy Christmas and the New Year, but it's starting to grate on me a bit. There are just loads of distractions, a seemingly never-ending stream of things on the TV I always get roped into watching with family, and my parents around me and family members coming round all the time and I am expected to sit with them, which in itself is a reminder of the fact that there are so many people out there that don't know and probably won't ever take it well. It always just seems to be a week and a half of keeping everything bottled up and putting on an act, which is something I am sure many can relate to. We just watched yet another movie and I came away from it feeling really stressed and tense. I'm getting stressed about starting a job as well, so that isn't helping. I just want to enjoy things like hobbies for a few days before I start working for the next 40 years but things just keep getting in the way. Tomorrow things are finally getting back to normal and I can have some space at last.

I am going to work for a couple of weeks then once I get settled in I am going to look for a place to rent and move out as soon as possible. I don't care what anyone else says. I really have had enough of this now.

Guest LauraJen

Thanks, Liz. I'm just sick and tired of living with an unsupportive family that has held me back for years and I've given my parents enough of a chance. Living here is making me unhappy and I am tired of watching the world go by so there is no point continuing it for longer than I need to. It probably doesn't help that I didn't sleep particularly well last night and I am really dysphoric at the moment. But even taking that into consideration, given the chance I would move out tomorrow, to be honest.

Guest KarenLyn

Working my tail off today and probably tomorrow. Have to get the yard prepped to have the new fence put in. I have to get everything done this weekend because my BA is on Tuesday and I won't be doing anything strenuous for at least a month after.

• Forum Moderator

I hate to be so ignorant Karen but what is BA. Sounds serious and i hope it works out. I remember when i joined Laura's i didn't know any of the abbreviations. I've gotten better a but still have trouble in chat at times. Anyway best of luck with that BA and i know i'll feel stupid again when i know what it means.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Admin

Breast Augmentation = silicone breast Implants. Congrats Karen.

Guest KarenLyn

going with saline but yay!

My breasts are nice enough. If I'd been fortunate enough to have been born to be slender, they'd be perfect. But because I have the build of a gorilla, they need to be just a little bigger to make my clothes fit right.

I was talking to my sister and mentioned it and she wanted to know if my surgeon gave group discounts. :)

My step-daughter is trying to convince her husband to let her have hers done. OMG! What have I started?!

K :)

• Forum Moderator

The answer to my question came to me last night as i laid down to sleep. Congratulations and pardon my lack of understanding. My breast are still developing so at this point BA is not in the offing. Best of luck with the surgery. The reaction of your family is precious. My wife in contrast wants to give me some of hers.

Hugs,

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Peace within....

More hope for the future.....

Music and life awaits, live it.....