• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

So sorry that you had that experience @heatherd - but glad that the mothers stepped in. Too many parents don't take the time to be......parents. 

Good morning, everyone!! Already on my 3rd cup of coffee, dogs are walked and I've read the local newspaper. No projects planned for today. I have a few small outdoor projects to do, but the temperatures need to warm up a bit before I venture out for any long periods of time.

After having so much fun sitting and talking together on my "reveal" night, my wife and I are having our first Dinner and Drinks Night here, tonight. We've got a special dinner planned and then will enjoy drinks at our bar. It's a chance for both of us to dress up and wear high heels. Yes!!!

Enjoy this wonderful day!!!

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, April Marie said:

So sorry that you had that experience @heatherd - but glad that the mothers stepped in. Too many parents don't take the time to be......parents. 

Good morning, everyone!! Already on my 3rd cup of coffee, dogs are walked and I've read the local newspaper. No projects planned for today. I have a few small outdoor projects to do, but the temperatures need to warm up a bit before I venture out for any long periods of time.

After having so much fun sitting and talking together on my "reveal" night, my wife and I are having our first Dinner and Drinks Night here, tonight. We've got a special dinner planned and then will enjoy drinks at our bar. It's a chance for both of us to dress up and wear high heels. Yes!!!

Enjoy this wonderful day!!!

I'm so happy for you, April! It's just wonderful how accepting your wife . Enjoy your evening!!!

And, you're right about parents. Many are too concerned with being "friends" with their children to teach them right from wrong. It's sad. 

@heatherd, just like April, I'm glad the mothers stepped in. As the mostly single parent of two teenage girls who survived into adulthood (sometimes barely) I would NEVER have tolerate my girls giving anyone the stink eye. I'm sorry this happened to you.

18 minutes ago, Katie23 said:

"I'm dreaming of a white Easter..."

LOL.  I remember snow on easter when I was a kid in upstate NY.

• Forum Moderator
16 minutes ago, Katie23 said:

There is a point when the snow just is not pretty to look at anymore!

Oh, yeah, tell me about it!

P1190105-1000px.JPG

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Katie23 said:

Well Kymmie, I remember at least 6 days last year in Wyoming when it actually made it to greater than 80 degrees! We do not have to worry, more snow is forecast for the entire week up near Spearfish. I can imagine a new tune, "I'm dreaming of a white Easter..."

1 hour ago, Katie23 said:

I will take a nice 75-degree day in the sunshine any day over a daily dose of snow. I go back and forth to SC from WY and SD. There is a point when the snow just is not pretty to look at anymore!

Katie23 I would too. I am so done with snow. Yet, I bought a home in WY. Some can say I need my head examined. It's been done, it's still there.

2 hours ago, Ivy said:

LOL.  I remember snow on easter when I was a kid in upstate NY.

I did too in SE Michigan.

Kymmie

3 hours ago, Katie23 said:

There is a point when the snow just is not pretty to look at anymore!

And you can get there pretty quickly.

Here in NC I'm satisfied to see it maybe once in a winter.  Haven't had any in my area this winter.

In fact, it's been a mild winter in my part of the state.  I have seen on the news that plenty of the rest of the country has taken a beating though.

• Forum Moderator

@heatherd  I think it’s great they gave you a hug.  Funny, to me teens are thought to be more accepting than the parents, you got the opposite.

Hey I move here from the mountains of Virginia to get away from ALL snow.  That winter we got the once every ten years snowfall. So much for no snow.  

I could go for year round seventies, low 80s. Much higher and the humidity starts running up the feels like.  64 right now.  Sitting outside.  Generally, the last perfect day for a week. Then right back again.  The weatherman said we go from winter to false spring back to winter then real spring.  That becomes summer in no time at all.  Summer lasts until late September then false fall, summer, real fall.

The palms are looking good, grass is green, the crepe myrtles are putting out leaves and the tea olives and azaleas are blooming.

AND EVERYTHING IS YELLOW WITH POLLEN 🤬

5 hours ago, Willow said:

@heatherd  I think it’s great they gave you a hug.  Funny, to me teens are thought to be more accepting than the parents, you got the opposite.

Hey I move here from the mountains of Virginia to get away from ALL snow.  That winter we got the once every ten years snowfall. So much for no snow.  

I could go for year round seventies, low 80s. Much higher and the humidity starts running up the feels like.  64 right now.  Sitting outside.  Generally, the last perfect day for a week. Then right back again.  The weatherman said we go from winter to false spring back to winter then real spring.  That becomes summer in no time at all.  Summer lasts until late September then false fall, summer, real fall.

The palms are looking good, grass is green, the crepe myrtles are putting out leaves and the tea olives and azaleas are blooming.

AND EVERYTHING IS YELLOW WITH POLLEN 🤬

Found out they have family members like me whom they love no matter what.

Good morning, everyone!!! Our winter has been very mild. Not much snow and nowhere near as cold as usual - which is fine for me. I've had to shovel and plow a few times so far but we're already seeing Spring birds at our feeders and some of the early blossoming trees have already began to bud out.

What an amazing evening - really the entire day - we had dressing for dinner and both wearing high heels. Since today is National Dress Day, we're going to do it all again tonight.

Be safe and enjoy this beautiful day!

• Forum Moderator

April glad your spouse is accepting. That is fantastic.

Well looks like we are possibly going to Cheyenne this afternoon to get our new furry addition to the family. Not really that furry as she is a smooth Mini dachshund.  

I am not really sure my wife wants her.  Just a feeling, however she will not tell me what she is feeling. If I ask her what is wrong, she always says nothing.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Hey everyone.

It's been a while.

I have had so much happen over the last few months but I won't bore you all with the details, just the cliff notes.

My housing is finally stabilizing now that I have a roommate. As an added bonus their 3yo started to call me "Star Mommy". I find it intriguing how children just see people for who they are without knowing the opinions of others.

There's been changes in my relationships. One GF left me to go back to her wife. I am hurt by it but I can't blame her. I celebrated a one year anniversary with another last month but due to my own issues and after living together for 3 weeks, I asked her to move out. We're still together but obviously things are not the same. One of my trans friends, actually my first trans friend, professed her feelings for me. It only took her 3 years but we're now officially dating. Nothing has really changed with the other two.

I have a consult for bottom surgery in June. I don't know if it's luck or fate but my roommate got their consult for top surgery the same day, same doctor, time slot just before mine. It's going to be the weirdest field trip ever.

I'm still doing the 3d printed chainmail thing. I showed off some glow-in-the-dark stuff I made on TikTok and it seems to have been well received so I bought a second printer in an effort to ramp up production. I am definitely making a lot more of it these days but am also cautiously optimistic about it going anywhere.

Have a great day everyone,

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon

lots of good news going on here.  Happy for all of you.  

We went to the Y this morning.  I took Aqua Fitness and Senior Strength and Stretch.  Believe it or not, combining those back to back is a pretty full workout.  When we got home, we were preparing lunch when my wife remembered it was Free Bundt Cake day.  So, I walked over to the shop and waited in line. When it was time, they started serving the line that had built up. Everyone in line got one free Bundtlette.  Oreo Cookies and Cream.  I’m not certain how often the do this but starting at 1:11 pm they give out 110 cakes to the first 110 in line.  

I am not certain how long it will take but the only thing remaining to get cleared for the job I prefer is a background check.  That shouldn’t take too long.

Have a great day

Willow

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

It's been a while.

Hey there Lizzy,

Thanks for the update, I guess we lost you to TikTok for updates on the chainmail, and what you're wearing thread. We all know you're busy, and life happens.

Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Went to a new hair salon and was happy to be accepted in.Had an appointment and the lady that did my got to know me including the owner.Told them I am a pre op transsexual and their response was they see me as a woman no matter my past.Styled and trimmed my hair

Good morning, everyone. So much good news here - and it's nice to meet you @Elizabeth Star.

Willow - a new job close to home and free Bundt Cake. Score on both accounts!

And, it's so refreshing to read about your experience @heatherd - we truly need more people like that in the world.

My wife and I had another fun evening celebrating National Dress Day - dresses, heels, cocktails followed by a light soup and salad dinner and ended with an after dinner drink at our bar. We talked about me venturing out in public - both with her and on my own - and I think I'm ready. That nagging "will I pass" voice is still there in the background but my wife says "yes" and when I look in the mirror, I think I can, too. 2 months into this journey and I feel as if I'm making some good progress.

Enjoy your day, everyone, and thank you all for helping me grow through your life's experiences.

36 minutes ago, April Marie said:

My wife and I had another fun evening celebrating National Dress Day - dresses, heels, cocktails followed by a light soup and salad dinner and ended with an after dinner drink at our bar. We talked about me venturing out in public - both with her and on my own - and I think I'm ready. That nagging "will I pass" voice is still there in the background but my wife says "yes" and when I look in the mirror, I think I can, too. 2 months into this journey and I feel as if I'm making some good progress.

Good morning April. For what it's worth, even after more than three years of living full time as my true self, that "nagging voice," as you so aptly put it comes calling every now and then. I guess it happens to all of us. The important thing is that you live your best life and not worry about passing or not--YOU are a unique and beautiful soul; "fearfully and wonderfully made," as Scripture teaches us. It doesn't matter how others judge us as long as we know who we are. Be happy and proud of yourself.  It takes great courage to "come out," as they say, and you have taken that first step. 

Each day on your journey is an adventure, often with surprising results, and some adventures are better than others. It's an exciting journey filled with wonder and surprises. You will always be accepted and loved by everyone here, and you will make new friends and find support and affirmation among many of those you already know. 

Hugs,

Marcie

You are so affirming @Marcie Jensen - thank you for these wonderful words of encouragement and love. I know that, in the end, I can only control my own happiness...and I am so very happy to be where I am in this journey. Thank you also for that acknowledgement that "the voice" is there for everyone. I CAN overcome it....WILL overcome it. 

You put a smile on my face...even bigger that it already was.  Much love to you!!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

it’s supposed to be the lane last nice day today.  I’ve said that before but the weatherman keeps pushing it back. It did cool down some yesterday afternoon but right back again today.  

Nothing on the agenda today although we do have to make a run to Walmart or Lowe’s Foods. For a couple things.  Either one we have to pass Lowes Home Improvements.  lol you have to be specific around here.

willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

We had a wonderful May Day yesterday. I worked with the shop doors open, and short sleeve tee shirt on under my welding leathers. Today we're back to real March Winter Temperatures. I have a fire in the wood-stove and a long sleeve sweatshirt on. 

Here's a picture of how we kept track of the coffee brew time at my old fire department.:coffee:

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

No photo description available.
  • Forum Moderator

@Hannah Renee if only, sigh. 😥 No chance for me of growing my own hair to be styled by a salon.    It’s wigs or bowling ball for me. 

@Hannah ReneeI wish I was sitting in a hair salon right now! I've been having trouble finding a good one. I had an appointment last week but had to cancel because I wasn't feeling well. Maybe next week. I found one in an area of Queens that is around the corner from a senior lgbt center I go to, so I'm hoping to combine trips. I'm overdue for a perm. I've given up on trying to have a masc hair style--my hair is fine and grey with no wave and doesn't really hold the style. 

8 hours ago, Katie23 said:

That's the moment you know you have a good salon. I had a similar thing happen to me about over a year ago when I moved out west. I called a salon, made an appointment, and thought I will just be upfront about being trans. The stylist looks at me and says, "No problem, my son is transgender."

Out of the blue! Sometimes there are odd coincidences that make you smile!

The owner said she does not discriminate at all.

Your hair looks beautiful @Hannah Renee! I'm almost totally gray - have been for years - and started growing mine out hoping to get somewhere close to the look and length of my wig. I think yours is really the perfect length now.