• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

switching gears,

Kaiser Perm a letter of introduction today from my new OB/GYN. Woooaaa.  I don't even have the parts yet. lol.  I'm sure this was Kaiser automatically assigning me to the women's health care team since they changed my gender in their system but I was a little shocked when I opened it. I'm pretty sure she has no idea what's in store ;) I did message her to let her know my situation and to ask a few questions about her experience with transgender patients though.    

That's hilarious !!! I love it.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ann W said:

I buy these coffee warmers at thrift stores, usually for a dollar.  I have 5 of them around my place so I never take a cold sip. 

1623036533_20210204_092905-012.thumb.jpeg.6caa271dc9ab0e74b346e5c90ef66ccb.jpeg

Nice. I'll have to look for one. My coffee always gets cold by the time I'm done with it. Not a fan of ice coffee at all.

Is this mug for MOO-late? Pun intended.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

switching gears,

Kaiser Perm a letter of introduction today from my new OB/GYN. Woooaaa.  I don't even have the parts yet. lol.  I'm sure this was Kaiser automatically assigning me to the women's health care team since they changed my gender in their system but I was a little shocked when I opened it. I'm pretty sure she has no idea what's in store ;) I did message her to let her know my situation and to ask a few questions about her experience with transgender patients though.    

They just gave you one? I had to go looking and ended up asking my PCP if he knew anyone in network that wouldn't mind a trans patient. In case anybody forgot it's perfectly legal to refuse medical care to someone in my state because "Trans People are Icky." So yeah. Wicked jealous.

I hope she refrains from using the speculum on you though. They're passing uncomfortable as they are. I imagine they'd be even worse if you didn't have a vagina.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

They just gave you one? I had to go looking and ended up asking my PCP if he knew anyone in network that wouldn't mind a trans patient. In case anybody forgot it's perfectly legal to refuse medical care to someone in my state because "Trans People are Icky." So yeah. Wicked jealous.

I hope she refrains from using the speculum on you though. They're passing uncomfortable as they are. I imagine they'd be even worse if you didn't have a vagina.

Hugs!

*snort*.  

Yes, I think they are treating me like I'm a whole new patient and if you don't "choose" a doctor in a timely manner they just assign you one. Usually the newest doctor on staff.  

I'm not sure what the "law" is here but Kaiser is very forward thinking in these regards.  The only issue I could forsee is if she were Muslim and can't see male patients but based on her name I think she's Hindi.

If that's early in the process... my doctor explained to me how to do breast self-exams the day I was prescribed estradiol. The girls were basically still asleep at that point!

@Mmindy I'm thinking this Mobil truck brings great coffee instead of petroleum products?

Love,

~Audrey.

This is my work coffee cup. I like to set the bar low.

IMG_3875.thumb.jpg.91f637a2767b809a7817223704821d94.jpg

In other news. Maybe things are getting better at home. When I got home yesterday I went straight into the room and changed. I didn't want to hear anything about the skirt I wore to work. I left on the tank I had under the sweater and put on leggings. A litte while later she needed to run down to the convient store and took me with. I just threw on a jacket and zipped it enough to hid the parts I don't like. There were two women working in the store. Neither one of them said, did or acted like anything was amiss. They just treated us like to two everyday customers.

Later in the evening while I was doing a littl cleanup in the kitchen before bed she came in and made some comment. For the life of me I can't remember what it was she said. It was quickly followed up with her saying she wasn't trying to take away from my identity but to her I will always be her husband. I said that was fine but if she's insistant that one of us needs to be the husband it's going to be her, I don't want the title. She laughed a little and headed to bed.

hopefully whatever that was that happened last night is a sign that things are getting better.

@ElizabethStar I'm really happy that your decision to wear a skirt with your outfit yesterday was a positive experience both at home and at the office! Also that's a very hopeful sign from your wife, that she's taking a step forward with you instead of a step backward without you. My partner and I stumbled with the terms girlfriend and boyfriend after I came out. I didn't want to be called her boyfriend anymore, but she was uncomfortable referring to me as her girlfriend. So we settled on calling one another partners. It works, but it also creates a pronoun game, which isn't ideal.

p.s. Your mug makes me think of the movie Office Space.

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I like the HAZMAT mug.

Hazmat Training and Response Consulting has been a source of income since 1993. It tied in with my fire service background. 2012 was the last time I climbed onto a fire truck on behalf of the city, and I don't miss it. I truly miss the people, but not the job. My wife doesn't understand how, I use to get paid for what I do. Now I get paid for what I know.

3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I didn't want to hear anything about the skirt I wore to work

I’m not brave enough to do that YET! Looking forward to the day!

hugs and mugs to all!

1 hour ago, AgnesBardsie said:

I’m not brave enough to do that YET! Looking forward to the day!

hugs and mugs to all!

welsh-mug.jpg

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

her saying she wasn't trying to take away from my identity but to her I will always be her husband.

I suppose if what she wants is for you to maintain the status quo concerning chores and such, okay.  I would suggest partner (which hopefully you've always been), or just spouse.

• Forum Moderator

My wife uses wife and spouse interchangeably. For the most part, so do I. "What do I call you?" was one of the questions that came up when I initially came out to her. I suggested "spouse" or "partner" if she wasn't comfortable with wife. She didn't think much of "red hot lover" though.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

My spousal unit will not entertain wife.  Although maybe some day, who knows.

1 hour ago, Jani said:
5 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I suppose if what she wants is for you to maintain the status quo concerning chores and such, okay.  

If she really wanted to go down that road.  I’m the one who does the cooking, cleaning and laundry. 

Obviously, this is all new to her and believes that even in same gender relationships (did I say that right?) there is still usually a husband and wife. I would prefer wife and wife but will accept, and have used, partners. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

If she really wanted to go down that road.  I’m the one who does the cooking, cleaning and laundry. 

Obviously, this is all new to her and believes that even in same gender relationships (did I say that right?) there is still usually a husband and wife. I would prefer wife and wife but will accept, and have used, partners. 

Hey... I do all the cooking, cleaning and laundry too... What's up with that? ?

Seriously though, my spouse is ok with "wife and wife" NOW, but it took her a couple of years before she got used to the idea. I mean she still identifies as straight a year after my vaginoplasty. One step at a time. We'll get there.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jani said:

My spousal unit will not entertain wife.  Although maybe some day, who knows.

I guess this is where being gender fluid helps. My wife is straight, but pretty soon there will be two of us with the same lower anatomy. Even Partner would be a stretch for my spousal unit.

She still works and I do most of the housework except cooking. That is the one talent I never got. Other than that I am a full service unit?

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator

Just like the VA. Over a year ago, I get a message to make an appointment at the woman's clinic at the Cheyenne VA hospital. Yeah, I got a GYN. She is the one prescribing my E. ?

Today has been OK until the wife got home. She did a couple things then disappeared up stairs. I would have seen her If I didn't have to use the bathroom.

Yesterday was interesting. SO I walk into the house after work.  Low and behold she is up stairs. Then I see the basket of clean laundry in the middle of the living room floor. With only my stuff folded. She had put hers away already. I ask her 'OH, couldn't take mine up too.'  I only get well I folded it.  SO, when she goes to take a bath I just take my laundry up and put it away. leaving the laundry basket in the middle of the floor. 

Later, She never says anything. Takes the basket up to our room. I figure she is going to bed. OK so I follow her. I walk into the bedroom. She asks would you mind braiding my hair. (I've been doing it for years) She gets off the bed, to get her scrunchies. I get comfortable on the bed to wait. I couldn't believe the weird look she gives me. Almost a discussed look. I braid her hair the join her in going to bed.

I don't know what is going on. with her. Maybe I'll ask her,point blank. But I will probably just get "nothing"

Lately she has been playing this game on who gets the light when we go to bed. "Oh, leaving the light on so I have to turn it off."

It almost seems like she thinks we have been doing this for years.

This is seeming more and more like the end for us. On Valentines it will be 36yrs ago I asked her hand.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I don't know what is going on. with her.

It does seem odd that she runs that hot and cold.  It might serve you both well to have a conversation.

It didn't work out for me, but couple's counseling can help.

Then again, I'm a firm believer in therapy and "better living through chemistry."

5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Hey... I do all the cooking, cleaning and laundry too... What's up with that? 

You're the "new girl". The new girl always gets the crappy assignments. Ask me how I know?

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

As much as I still miss and love my ex, I don't miss the drama.

I wish I could upvote comments here...lol

I still find my ex-wife extremely attractive and miss the everyday of our relationship, but the drama I can live without. She had an abusive mother and it came out in our relationship. I was glad when she said she wanted a divorce because I'd wanted one for a while without realizing it, but  I know she was the one who needed to say it.

I'm actually giving romantic relationships a break until I figure who exactly I am and feel confident to present the real me. It's to the point that I'm looking into buying a sex doll, not for, you know, sex (which I'm also giving a break) but for cuddling a feminine form.

10 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I suggested "spouse" or "partner" if she wasn't comfortable with wife. She didn't think much of "red hot lover" though.

Sounds like a goal to strive for! ?

Good Morning, coffee is wonderful! I put in enough hours to take today off. I wish that I could have slept in, but my internal alarm clock woke me at 3 am. It's very cold here, be careful if you venture out.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

Sounds like a goal to strive for! ?

Oh, she's willing to admit that I can make her body sing. Just not in public. She's really shy.

Hugs!