• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

I am sorry for dumping all over an otherwise quiet Sunday afternoon, I am feeling lost and alone and I have no one I can turn to right now

@CD Rachelthis is part of the reason we're all here. To listen and support each other, not just for the good time but more importantly the worst of the bad times. Please take some time to just breath deep, in through the nose, and out through the mouth. Your crying is also a good thing because it allowing for you to grieve your lost marriage as it hopefully transforms into a friendship that allows you to keep common friends and activities later.

Hugs,

Mindy???

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@Jackie C. @Bri2020 and other Coffee Snobs, I'm more of a Wake and Drink kind of person. I want my morning coffee to be HOT, black, strong, and consistent within minutes of walking into the kitchen. That's why I go with Folgers Black Silk in a Bunn coffee maker, no fuss no muss. 

@Janigood luck with the snow storm coming through your area. Will you video yourself making snow-angels?

I hope the generator you're talking about is outside and doesn't offer any chance of carbon monoxide poisoning. Please be safe with your home air quality.

As for the hot chocolate, do you add mini marshmallows for thickening and extra sweetness? As you've read there are some coffee snobs on the thread today. I very rarely add anything to my morning coffee, however I will add flavorings to my hot chocolate, and apple ciders.

Super Warm Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

@Jackie C. @Bri2020 and other Coffee Snobs, I'm more of a Wake and Drink kind of person. I want my morning coffee to be HOT, black, strong, and consistent within minutes of walking into the kitchen. That's why I go with Folgers Black Silk in a Bunn coffee maker, no fuss no muss.

I don't actually drink coffee. I just know people who do. ?

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hugs to you as well @Jackie C. I took the Coffee Snob statements as coffee talk humor.

Mindy???

8 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

Good morning ,

I got a late start to my morning due to being awake all night crying. I just cant seem to stop. It is if every tear that I held back for the last 6 weeks has finally found its way past my defenses.

I was at my wife's house yesterday helping her move some things and replacing a lighting fixture that was not working for her. She invited me to stay and hang out to watch a hockey game. Was one of our favorite things to do. Well during the 2nd intermission she started telling me that she has spoken to a lawyer and he felt that financially and for reasons of protection of assets that she should move ahead with the divorce. So she started telling me to close certain accounts and things that I should do to be sure that everything is separated so we can get started around the end of April, and of course we will split the cost.

I guess I was mistaking the friendship as a sign that we still had a chance of reconciliation. I know that she had already told me that we were done and she wanted to stay friends but in my stupid brain I still thought friendship was still a path to keeping our marriage intact. After all what started out as friendship turned into a mostly good 32 year marriage. I guess that the past 6 weeks was just denial on my part. She seems just fine with her decision and I am a broken shell. I can not seem to stop thinking about all that we had together, all of the late night promises we made and how our love was forever.  Forever turned out to be a lot shorter then I thought it was. She still haunts my dreams. Every night I love her but lose everything again in the morning.

I am sorry for dumping all over an otherwise quiet Sunday afternoon, I am feeling lost and alone and I have no one I can turn to right now.

The crying has triggered a massive headache and I know that if I do not get this under control soon then I am in for a migraine that can last days.

Rachel

Never worry about unloading on us. Between all of us, we can handle the load. I'm so sorry Your marriage is crashing. It's her loss. As much as it hurts, I believe your life will get better. Hang in there. You ARE worth the effort. 

Love, Jamie

Good morning! Sipping coffee. Awful sleep last night and bad dreams. Will be off to work soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Hugs to you as well @Jackie C. I took the Coffee Snob statements as coffee talk humor.

Mindy???

In all fairness, if I DID drink coffee I probably would be a coffee snob. Tragically, I quit caffeine entirely about two years ago. The rest of my family thinks I'm a freak.

Hugs!

I don't think I'm a coffee snob. There's a lot of good coffee out there. I think the best cups I've had was at the Sunday brunch at Starved Rock lodge. I think I drank 3 cups during my meal. I've only had my heart race from coffee twice in my life. Both times from a Shell gas station. It was scary. 

On another subject, I was disappointed with the Super bowl yesterday. I was really hoping the Chiefs would pull out of their slump. I quit watching after a few plays in the second half. It was too painful to watch any longer. I don't claim to be a football buff by any means. Usually the only games I end up watching are the Super bowl. Last night was depressing.

Have a great day all.

Jamie

• Forum Moderator

@Jackie C. My Suzie has been Caffeine free for several years now and her family gives her the side eye when she turns down coffee or tea if it's not caffeine free. In the last two years she's been trying to find her favorite brand to match the flavor she misses without using chemicals to decaffeinate the coffee beans.

@Jamie68 I don't remember ever catching a buzz or jitter from a cup of coffee. Now in my younger days that may have had something to do with the little white pills I took before starting my shift on the construction sight. I'm proof that the DOT Drug Testing Policies of the 1980's worked. Because I haven't used or smoked any illicit drugs since then. Still today as a self employed contractor I'm subject to random drug screenings.

As for the Super Bowl, I grew up in Eastern Missouri and was always a Cardinals and Chiefs fan, about the time Bill Bidwell moved the cardinals to Arizona I took a job in Buffalo, NY and became a Bills fan. Then I moved to Indy and became a Colts fan. In all my years of being a football fan, I've never rooted for New England or Tom Brady, as a matter of fact I would tell people that I was a Colts fan first and then anybody who played against New England. How ever now that I've started my countdown clock to retirement, I'm rethinking a few things. Last night I rooted for the OLD GUY Brady, and in 2 years, 2 two months 15 hours 17 minutes, I'm going to sit on my back porch swing and roll me a Willy Nelson Fatty.

Hugs for you all,

Mindy??? 

I spent a good portion of my working life with a cigarette in one hand and a coffee cup in the other.  The type of coffee didn't matter since I adulterated it at first with cream and lots of sugar and then layer with flavored artificial creamers.  Never got the shakes from it but it sure helped during those all night programming sessions.  I decided to give up drinking coffee and switched to hot chocolate when I retired from programming.  The cigarettes a couple years later.  I don't miss either of them.  But then I've definitely become addicted to dark chocolate. 

I remember those little white pills. I would never had made it through college without them.  Of course they ruined my health and destroyed my teeth.  Another habit I won't be returning to.  At least I'm learning from my mistakes :)

• Forum Moderator

A happy morning to all.

Yesterday was a good day. Finally officially came out to the store manager yesterday. With the name change in some of the reports and my new work shirts.He knew but waited for me to officially say the word. He didn't think it was proper to ask. He is totally cool with it. I also explained why I was looking to transfer. He even suggested the Spokane area. Will be doing some research today. Anyone know how that area is for transpeople?

Kymmie

22 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I'm pretty sure that Norton has an app for that.

But that would mean installing a Norton product. Their "antivirus" is worse than getting infected.

• Forum Moderator
17 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Will you video yourself making snow-angels?

I hope the generator you're talking about is outside and doesn't offer any chance of carbon monoxide poisoning. Please be safe with your home air quality.

@Mmindy No I don't think so.  I'd be one of those "I've fallen and can't get up" scenes!

Yes the generator is in the shop but I pull it out and plug it in to the grid via an underground cable to the house.  Thanks for your consideration.

18 hours ago, Mmindy said:

The Capresso machine is very fast in the mornings. You load the hopper at the beginning of the week, then you just put in a fresh filter (or clean the reusable) add water and hit the button.  It grinds up the right amount, sends it through a chute into the basket and brews.  All the convenience of a Bunn but with fresh grind. 

4 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

On another subject, I was disappointed with the Super bowl yesterday. I was really hoping the Chiefs would pull out of their slump. I quit watching after a few plays in the second half. It was too painful to watch any longer. I don't claim to be a football buff by any means. Usually the only games I end up watching are the Super bowl. Last night was depressing.

Have a great day all.

Jamie

I did the same. I'm not vested in either team but was looking forward to an exciting game which with all the KC meltdowns it just sucked. Halftime show was disappointing as well.

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Spokane area. Will be doing some research today. Anyone know how that area is for transpeople?

Kymmie

My understanding is Oregon and Washington state are both very trans-friendly and the coast especially so.

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.56.09 AM.png

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

Decided to drop in to say hi.  I’ve been sneak peaking what’s been going on.

@Jackie C. I went caffeine free back in the 70s.  I admit that recently i’ve gone back to caffeine.  It was getting two expensive to use Kerug with both decaf and regular pods.  Now we make one pot first thing.  We both drink it black and dark roast.  We use a Ninji which makes two large mugs plus a warm-up.

@Jandi sorry about your cousin.

@KymmieL I don’t know much about Spokane but pretty much all of the northwest is LGBT friendly.  You could fit in there, it’s a military city.  

I am sorry for everyone that is having spouse issues.  I am also which is why I am not here regularly right now.  Also had a day of questioning if I was really TG which led to a day of depression.  The questioning was quickly set aside.  No doubts right now. Depending on how I measure I’m either not growing or I’ve added 2”. The difference is if I stand up straight and they hang down or I bend over so they keep a shape.

So I’m technically still here just not every day or posting.

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Regarding the Super Bowl, as far as I was concerned it was the exact opposite of Super, including the Pepsi Halftime show.  I watched three quarters and went to bed.  Disappointed in the outcome.  Disappointed in the referees.  Disappointed with the fake sound tracks.  

I've never been a sports fan.  Couldn't care less about the Super Bowl.  That seemed to be one of the things that set me apart from most "normal" guys.   But I do know women who are passionate about their teams.  My daughter-in-law is a dyed in the wool Ohio State fan - as is her whole family.  For me it's, meh.

3 hours ago, Willow said:

Depending on how I measure I’m either not growing or I’ve added 2”. The difference is if I stand up straight and they hang down or I bend over so they keep a shape.

My girls are not impressive.  But if I brush against something it becomes obvious that they are more than mere flabby pecs.  There is something there that wasn't there before.

Finally went to the bank to cash my $600 check.  Got sir-ed in spite of my purse, and wearing a skirt with knee socks, girl shoes, sweater, and my cat-ears beanie.  Oh, well.  But then an older fellow (more my age) opened the door for me.  It was kind of a mixed day.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jandi said:

Oh, well.  But then an older fellow (more my age) opened the door for me.  It was kind of a mixed day.

I get more attention from older guys too. I find it validating.

Though I did have this younger guy open the door to the bank for me. I felt bad about that because I wasn't actually GOING there. I just happened to be walking that way to get back to the road.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jandi said:

I've never been a sports fan.  Couldn't care less about the Super Bowl.  That seemed to be one of the things that set me apart from most "normal" guys.   But I do know women who are passionate about their teams.

I'm the same way, at least with the "team" sports and spectatoring. Just was never really my thing. I understand how the games work, but they just never interested me.

Although I do find a golf broadcast to be great background ambiance for a lazy day off.

I recently got into St. Louis Cardinals baseball because I went to buy a hat online and Google started showing me scores.  My great grandfather was a Cardinals fan and would watch games in his bunk house. Baseball is about the only major professional sport that understand at all. I've actually bought a baseball video game for no other reason than watching the computer play itself in the off season.

I was into IndyCar when I was younger and would go to the television station where my father worked and watched the satellite feed and marked important events on the tape for the sportscaster to edit for the news. The 1996 Indianapolis 500 remains the only major sporting event I've been to. I try to catch it these days, but I don't know any of the drivers or teams anymore. (Formula One is boring unless you like watching Ferrari win every race.)

Football is a bunch of oversized men giving each other concussions. Basketball, which is like a religion where I live, I know the difference between a 2-point and 3-point shot and nothing else. Golf, I'd rather play as a video game.

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Willow said:

So I’m technically still here just not every day or posting

Good evening Willow, sneak peak, and respond when the time is right. Don't let us be the reason for an argument to start up between you and your wife. My Suzie thinks if I'm not on FaceBook, I'm online chatting with my LGBTQ community of friends. She doesn't understand how a Forums Page can be helpful and maybe minimize therapy time. I think TransPulseForums is as good and responsive as any online Zoom or Skype Group Session I've attended. I'm very grateful for the input, experiences, and wisdom shared here. I do a lot of sneak peaking on many of the threads without leaving a comment.

Hugs,

Mindy???

11 hours ago, Mmindy said:

@Jackie C. My Suzie has been Caffeine free for several years now and her family gives her the side eye when she turns down coffee or tea if it's not caffeine free. In the last two years she's been trying to find her favorite brand to match the flavor she misses without using chemicals to decaffeinate the coffee beans.

@Jamie68 I don't remember ever catching a buzz or jitter from a cup of coffee. Now in my younger days that may have had something to do with the little white pills I took before starting my shift on the construction sight. I'm proof that the DOT Drug Testing Policies of the 1980's worked. Because I haven't used or smoked any illicit drugs since then. Still today as a self employed contractor I'm subject to random drug screenings.

As for the Super Bowl, I grew up in Eastern Missouri and was always a Cardinals and Chiefs fan, about the time Bill Bidwell moved the cardinals to Arizona I took a job in Buffalo, NY and became a Bills fan. Then I moved to Indy and became a Colts fan. In all my years of being a football fan, I've never rooted for New England or Tom Brady, as a matter of fact I would tell people that I was a Colts fan first and then anybody who played against New England. How ever now that I've started my countdown clock to retirement, I'm rethinking a few things. Last night I rooted for the OLD GUY Brady, and in 2 years, 2 two months 15 hours 17 minutes, I'm going to sit on my back porch swing and roll me a Willy Nelson Fatty.

Hugs for you all,

Mindy??? 

I haven't had a "J" or a little white pill (to keep me awake after the J) since 1975. Sometimes I miss it, but I really like reality more. Besides, The stuff isn't the same anymore. 

11 hours ago, KymmieL said:

A happy morning to all.

Yesterday was a good day. Finally officially came out to the store manager yesterday. With the name change in some of the reports and my new work shirts.He knew but waited for me to officially say the word. He didn't think it was proper to ask. He is totally cool with it. I also explained why I was looking to transfer. He even suggested the Spokane area. Will be doing some research today. Anyone know how that area is for transpeople?

Kymmie

That's nice. I hope it works out for you

11 hours ago, HaraSurya said:

But that would mean installing a Norton product. Their "antivirus" is worse than getting infected.

Norton has gotten much better over the years. I use that with malwarebytes.

10 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

The Capresso machine is very fast in the mornings. You load the hopper at the beginning of the week, then you just put in a fresh filter (or clean the reusable) add water and hit the button.  It grinds up the right amount, sends it through a chute into the basket and brews.  All the convenience of a Bunn but with fresh grind. 

I did the same. I'm not vested in either team but was looking forward to an exciting game which with all the KC meltdowns it just sucked. Halftime show was disappointing as well.

My understanding is Oregon and Washington state are both very trans-friendly and the coast especially so.

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.56.09 AM.png

Looks a lot like my Cusinart. Nice.