• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

10 hours ago, Willow said:

Hi everyone 

Decided to drop in to say hi.  I’ve been sneak peaking what’s been going on.

@Jackie C. I went caffeine free back in the 70s.  I admit that recently i’ve gone back to caffeine.  It was getting two expensive to use Kerug with both decaf and regular pods.  Now we make one pot first thing.  We both drink it black and dark roast.  We use a Ninji which makes two large mugs plus a warm-up.

@Jandi sorry about your cousin.

@KymmieL I don’t know much about Spokane but pretty much all of the northwest is LGBT friendly.  You could fit in there, it’s a military city.  

I am sorry for everyone that is having spouse issues.  I am also which is why I am not here regularly right now.  Also had a day of questioning if I was really TG which led to a day of depression.  The questioning was quickly set aside.  No doubts right now. Depending on how I measure I’m either not growing or I’ve added 2”. The difference is if I stand up straight and they hang down or I bend over so they keep a shape.

So I’m technically still here just not every day or posting.

hugs

Willow

Sounds like you need to put a little more fat in your diet to fill out the girls. I think we've all been there when you mention bending over to look. Think Perky thoughts.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Willow said:

Regarding the Super Bowl, as far as I was concerned it was the exact opposite of Super, including the Pepsi Halftime show.  I watched three quarters and went to bed.  Disappointed in the outcome.  Disappointed in the referees.  Disappointed with the fake sound tracks.  

It's sad when the commercials are the best part.

Ok, I've talked too much tonight. I did want to show off my newly pierced ears though. Have a great night all.

Jamie

Jamie newly pierced ears.jpg

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Norton has gotten much better over the years. I use that with malwarebytes.

I use Microsoft Defender because third-party antimalware suites are, ironically, a security risk. Microsoft Defender is at the point where it's as reliable at catching malware as third-party programs. Frankly, they're all pretty much equally good (and equally bad) at catching malware and the difference in capability is more of a rounding error. (Except Kaspersky, just assume if you use them your computer is an open book to the Russian government.)

I used McAffee for a bit a few years ago and it had a known, year-long unpatched bug that would randomly pull "focus" away from what you're doing, which annoying when web browsing, but "fatal" while playing video games. (I once had it happen while playing Elite Dangerous in VR and almost died when I jumped into a system and couldn't cut my throttle and maneuver away from the star.)

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, KymmieL said:

He even suggested the Spokane area. Will be doing some research today. Anyone know how that area is for transpeople?

Hey @KymmieL. I can’t say I ever lived in Spokane but was recently there for over 2 weeks. It was very a nice place and the people seemed very friendly. I was under a surgical quarantine so I didn’t go to a lot of non-medical locations but every Uber driver that took me back and forth to the hospital and med facilities were very friendly and talkative. The hospital and medical staff were wonderful. The people I met at the hotel were very kind too.

As far as meeting other trans people, I certainly met quite a few while waiting for appointments at Dr. Stiller’s office. There is definitely a community presence there but I couldn’t tell you the size. I met several who do live in the area while I was there.

Keep in mind, my visit was not a typical visit by any means but I thought I’d share what it was like for me. Hopefully, you get some feedback from someone here who has actually lived there for some time.

My Best,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
23 hours ago, Willow said:

So I’m technically still here just not every day or posting

Good evening Willow, sneak peak, and respond when the time is right. Don't let us be the reason for an argument to start up between you and your wife. My Suzie thinks if I'm not on FaceBook, I'm online chatting with my LGBTQ community of friends. She doesn't understand how a Forums Page can be helpful and maybe minimize therapy time. I think TransPulseForums is as good and responsive as any online Zoom or Skype Group Session I've attended. I'm very grateful for the input, experiences, and wisdom shared here. I do a lot of sneak peaking on many of the threads without leaving a comment.

Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

It's deep Winter here in Westfield, IN just North of Indianapolis, IN. The bird feeders are filled, the squirrel feeders are topped off. While we don't have that much snow on the ground the temperatures are very cold at 19°F. The birds not actively feeding are puffed up for maximum warmth. The squirrels don't seem to visually change much other than they don't seem to playfully chase each other as much in the cold.

I have a fire in the shop wood stove, and the picture window blinds open wide so I can see the activity at the feeders. I'm building on a training prop for the Naperville, IL fire department this week for their pick up next week. 

The coffee is HOT, black, and strong.

Best wishes, stay positive and safe during these cold winter temps.

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

So when I got up this morning it was 9. Snow on the ground. I'll be dealing with that in a minute, but I wanted to get some more food and water in me before I went back outside.

On the bright side, the gym opened the sauna again. I may pack my suit (I'm too sensitive about my scars to go all natural) and have a nice steam bath after my workout tomorrow.

I also reconnected with a friend yesterday. One of her twins is MtF and we chatted about her transition along with all the other friends-catching-up stuff. It was nice. I need to do that more often.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

A good good morning to all my friends here on Transpulse.

A couple things happened. So after my manager suggested Spokane. I decided to check about the VA health care. They have a big hospital. And for grins I checked the jobs page. they are looking for a supply technician. SO I put in for it. ?

I also decided to email the LGBT coordinator for that Hospital. I got a lengthy message back. Way cool. She told me about the transgender care, the area, a little of everything. That is even when first receiving a email saying she would be out of the office the 8-11. I didn't mention that I put in for that position but I will when I send a thank you back.

I figure if this falls through I can contact the regional manager for the area and see if they have any need for me.

So all in all was a good day.

Kymmie

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

A couple things happened. So after my manager suggested Spokane. I decided to check about the VA health care. They have a big hospital. And for grins I checked the jobs page. they are looking for a supply technician. SO I put in for it.

Wow.   That would be ideal.  Good luck.

• Forum Moderator

That's great @KymmieLyou know we're all pulling for you.

Prayers, and positive energy,

Mindy???

Good luck Kymmie- be patient though- VA/Government job selection process can take a very long time. I think they do give priority to vets though.

Jamie- looking good, congrats on the earings.

Today is a day of up and down. My son is road tripping from Chicago to here in North Virginia to visit for awhile but is basically right behind a snow storm most of the way so it's making me nervous. He should be a decent snow driver having learned in NH but he hasn't really driven in 2 years since he moved to the city.

In other ulcer inducing news, I just put an offer in on a medical office condo to buy for my massage clinic.  I'm wicked excited but my biz has never looked so bad financially with a year of Covid economy happening. 

I'm confident things are on the verge of returning to close to our pre pandemic growth but if they accept the offer and I get the loan it's gonna stretch me to the limits for the next 6 months.  I'm obviously a glutton for punishment trying to move my biz right around when I will be get some surgery dates lol.  Going to need a lot of coffee over the next few weeks to combat the sleepless nights;)

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Good luck Kymmie- be patient though- VA/Government job selection process can take a very long time. I think they do give priority to vets though.

Jamie- looking good, congrats on the earings.

Today is a day of up and down. My son is road tripping from Chicago to here in North Virginia to visit for awhile but is basically right behind a snow storm most of the way so it's making me nervous. He should be a decent snow driver having learned in NH but he hasn't really driven in 2 years since he moved to the city.

In other ulcer inducing news, I just put an offer in on a medical office condo to buy for my massage clinic.  I'm wicked excited but my biz has never looked so bad financially with a year of Covid economy happening. 

I'm confident things are on the verge of returning to close to our pre pandemic growth but if they accept the offer and I get the loan it's gonna stretch me to the limits for the next 6 months.  I'm obviously a glutton for punishment trying to move my biz right around when I will be get some surgery dates lol.  Going to need a lot of coffee over the next few weeks to combat the sleepless nights;)

Thanks. Also, good luck with the clinic. My wife is a Japanese Okazaki massage therapist. Her business never really took off because of her health. I've been her practice subject for a lot of years. It's been great. 

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

A good good morning to all my friends here on Transpulse.

A couple things happened. So after my manager suggested Spokane. I decided to check about the VA health care. They have a big hospital. And for grins I checked the jobs page. they are looking for a supply technician. SO I put in for it. ?

I also decided to email the LGBT coordinator for that Hospital. I got a lengthy message back. Way cool. She told me about the transgender care, the area, a little of everything. That is even when first receiving a email saying she would be out of the office the 8-11. I didn't mention that I put in for that position but I will when I send a thank you back.

I figure if this falls through I can contact the regional manager for the area and see if they have any need for me.

So all in all was a good day.

Kymmie

Good luck with the job. I hope you get it.

I just bought an electrolysis machine that will do gray hair. It won't arrive for 2 weeks. It looks easy to use. I figured why pay over $1,000 to someone else when I can do it and still have the machine to use for others. It was expensive. I've always been a firm believer in buying the best quality items. They will last longer and be easier to use. I still have sheet metal tools that I bought over 40 yrs ago.

AVX 600.jpg

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

I just bought an electrolysis machine that will do gray hair. It won't arrive for 2 weeks. It looks easy to use. I figured why pay over $1,000 to someone else when I can do it and still have the machine to use for others. It was expensive. I've always been a firm believer in buying the best quality items. They will last longer and be easier to use. I still have sheet metal tools that I bought over 40 yrs ago.

AVX 600.jpg

Do you have any experience doing electrolysis?  it's not an easy skill to learn from what I understand. The probe needs to go into the follicle pore at the right angle and depth which requires a lot of magnification.  I can't imagine trying to do it on myself. 

• Forum Moderator

I can imagine, I accidentally put Tai Fu (it's like BioFreeze) on my face last night, it sucked, but they weren't ELECTRIC ACID NEEDLES. Please be very careful with your ELECTRIC ACID NEEDLES  @Jamie68. I still encourage you to take a class and get a cert. Seriously, safety first. That is not any kind of a toy. Please, please, please be safe when you decide to use it.

I completely agree on the "buy good quality whenever possible" though. I'm much too poor to buy the cheap stuff. Twice the money gets you five times the performance more often than not.

Hugs!

3 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Do you have any experience doing electrolysis?  it's not an easy skill to learn from what I understand. The probe needs to go into the follicle pore at the right angle and depth which requires a lot of magnification.  I can't imagine trying to do it on myself. 

No experience. This system just clamps on the hair and sends an electrical pulse to fry the follicle. I may not be explaining it correctly. In any case, my wife said she would do it for me. Will practice in out of site area first. I may have just bought an expensive boat anchor. Where there's a will, there's a way. Thanks for your concern.

use.jpg

@KymmieL Good luck with the jobs.  Have you tried looking into inventory management  of warehouses?  It seems to be along the lines you keep mentioning.  The northwest has lots of distribution centers. I know the railroad I work for in Chicago sends and gets an insane number of trucks from that area weekly. 

@Bri2020 Good luck with getting your practice upgraded.  I once had hopes of going into massage.  Sadly arthritis set in before I got started. 

@Jamie68 There is a beautician school in Lemont that had courses in electrolysis.  Might be worth looking into.

I have been lurking a lot on the group but don't post often.  I've noticed that anytime I start to write something I get into questioning my wording and everything, then give up.  My wife had me take a personality test the other day and it said that is a trait... always overthinking myself.  And I do this with every aspect of my life. 

Over the weekend I went out to look for a pair of boots.  I ended up with 3. My wife insisted I get them all.  One a super cute pink hiker. My wife says she is accepting of changes but then is afraid to let anyone outside of the house know of my desire to transition.  I am ready to start testing the waters more but then she holds me back.  Not sure what to do with that.  We have gone out before with me fully presenting as female and she was ok with it, but that was 15 miles from home.    

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

No experience. This system just clamps on the hair and sends an electrical pulse to fry the follicle. I may not be explaining it correctly. In any case, my wife said she would do it for me. Will practice in out of site area first. I may have just bought an expensive boat anchor. Where there's a will, there's a way. Thanks for your concern.

use.jpg

Hair is a very poor conductor of electricity. I was just doing research on these "transdermal" type machines.  Apparently the FDA fined some manufactures for claiming they provided "pain free and permanent hair removal". there is no research backing up those claims. True electrolysis requires the "probe" to be place right next to the follicle bulb to fry those cells. If you don't get it right next to it you kill other cells-like collagen producing ones without stopping the hair growth.  One person's description was pretty convincing- "the reason it hurts is there are a lot of nerves around our hair follicles and they don't like electricity, if you apply electricity to the top of the hair or skin and it doesn't hurt, you're not getting down to the follicle nerves so it won't be permanent." 

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Hair is a very poor conductor of electricity. I was just doing research on these "transdermal" type machines.  Apparently the FDA fined some manufactures for claiming they provided "pain free and permanent hair removal". there is no research backing up those claims. True electrolysis requires the "probe" to be place right next to the follicle bulb to fry those cells. If you don't get it right next to it you kill other cells-like collagen producing ones without stopping the hair growth.  One person's description was pretty convincing- "the reason it hurts is there are a lot of nerves around our hair follicles and they don't like electricity, if you apply electricity to the top of the hair or skin and it doesn't hurt, you're not getting down to the follicle nerves so it won't be permanent." 

It looks like this machine does the standard way also. I guess I will find out what does or doesn't work. Thanks for your input.

2 hours ago, 2beBreanna said:

We have gone out before with me fully presenting as female and she was ok with it, but that was 15 miles from home.

I have gone around with my ex before, but of course she is my ex.  She is okay with it, but her now boyfriend is apparently afraid we might get back together.  We are friends, but don't see each other often cause of that.  As for getting back together… that is not going to happen.