• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Today I found myself at a furniture store buying a new mattress.  I had tried to buy it online but there was an issue because I just moved and they couldn't verify my identity. I scheduled an in-store appointment but did it under my dead-name to avoid anymore confusion with my ID. When I got to the store I was promptly greet by an associate, that was the name on his name tag. He asked me my name and without thinking said Elizabeth. It is who I truly am so I just rolled with it. Oh wait, the credit card I applied for has that other name on it, oh well. I told him what I was looking for, he showed me around, got me a pillow to try the beds. The best part was the whole time being called by my right name and properly gendered. After a few minutes I made a decision and it was time to pay. I was worried it was gonna be thing since I don't use my dead-name any more. He asked for my ID and when I handed it to him I added that it still had my old name on it. Much to my surprise he didn't even flinch and continued to use my name and pronouns. I feel like there's still hope for the human race.

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Morning! Sipping coffee. It's 4 degrees outside our kitchen window. Tried to sleep later, but I couldn't. Internal alarm clock said it's time to get up.

@ElizabethStar I am glad you were treated nicely at the mattress store!

8 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

. I feel like there's still hope for the human race.

I love hearing affirmation stories......and there's nothing like a new mattress!

Sleep well Liz

• Forum Moderator

That's awesome @ElizabethStar! I was nervous like that before I got all my documentation in order for my name change. Oh boy! My license has *THIS* name while my credit card had *THAT* name... I was always in terror that somebody would call me on it. Nobody ever did.

I'm glad you had a positive experience. May you have many, many more.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

He asked for my ID and when I handed it to him I added that it still had my old name on it. Much to my surprise he didn't even flinch and continued to use my name and pronouns. I feel like there's still hope for the human race.

How nice when someone models how easy names and pronouns are!  It makes you wonder why some people make so much drama out of it.

I am glad you had such a positive experience at the store. 

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Much to my surprise he didn't even flinch and continued to use my name and pronouns. I feel like there's still hope for the human race.

Good morning everyone,

Liz, I think you're right about "hope for the human race." I also think Workplace Sensitivity Training as well as Sales Force Customer Sensitivity is having an affect too. I'm glad the sales person you dealt with was respectful and aware.

My Suzie only drinks decaf:coffee:coffee, and that's why we have two coffee makers. Mine is Old Faithful Bunn, hers is a new fangled Keurig. I do use the Keurig for hot apple cider and teas. Why am I sharing this after being on the Morning Coffee Chat for nearly a year now? The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the two of us (Old People) to spend more time together, and less time shopping in separate stores on separate trips. It also increased the Amazon Prime stops at our door. That being said, we've both learned that what you see in the online store isn't what you always receive. Suzie's coffee orders have become regular K-Cups and an occasional 2 pound bag of fine ground famous named decaf coffee. Well yesterday the nearly daily Amazon package didn't have ground coffee, it was in bean form. We're very aware of the return policies, and convenient locations where we can drop the returns off. That wasn't our intent for going to the numerous stores she did her research and found the best electric coffee grinder on the market, and there was three in stock at our local Bed Bath & Beyond (BB&B). Was that the first store we went to? No! We had to stop at several others, saving BB& B for last because it is the store located closet to our home. Once we purchased her new coffee grinder, she turned to me and said I should pick out some coffee beans for myself. No, I'm good with the Folgers Dark Silk we get at Kroger which is a 1/4 mile from our house, and they even deliver. MsSuzie is enjoying her fresh ground decaf coffee this morning and I'm about to cover the aroma of coffee with slightly crisp extra thick Hickory Smoked BACON! ????

Hugs and best wishes to everyone,

Mindy???

Good morning!  I actually had the entire weekend off!  Sitting here having a breakfast of coffee and cookies n crème cake LOL.  Not to much planned for the day today, grocery shopping and the gym.  Should be getting my HRT recommendation letter later this week.  Or at least the therapy appt this week is primarily about the letter.  Go see me primary Dr in about 3 weeks for medical clearance.  Once all that's done it will just be a matter of scheduling an appt with my endo. 

Supposed to be bitterly cold out today, we have wind-chill advisories until this afternoon.  I think this girl is going to stay inside as much as possible today.  

Have a warm day everybody.

@Mmindy

My experience with Keurig reminds me of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy because they make something that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike coffee.

I made some Martha White waxberry muffins and I've been working on a pot of coffee since midnight. (I prefer cold coffee.)

My sleeping gets all screwed up on the weekend and I spent last night loading my iPad with tabletop roleplaying game books, only to wipe it for the first time in two years and reload everything in order to free up some space. I think I "found" about 20GBs tied up in cache files that I couldn't get rid of. One of the biggest complaints with iOS compared to Android is you can't "Clear Cache" on individual apps and especially system apps, which means they just build up cruft until you do a clean wipe of the entire device.

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy, I have a friend who would slap you for not taking the "freshly ground bean" option. He swears by it, won't drink anything else and had the entire office mooching off his coffee. Admittedly he's a coffee snob, but hey, we all have our quirks.

He also didn't bat an eye when I came out to him, so good people.

Hugs!

@ElizabethStar That sounds like it went great.  I keep thinking about ID changes, but am a little hesitant to go there at the moment.

We got just a tiny bit of snow overnight.  But of course it's pretty much gone now.  I did make a pix when I got up, but couldn't get on to post it then.

I used to do the coffee grinding thing, but got lazy.  I'm not really a super-taster gourmet anyway.  I just want coffee that won't poison me.

Here's what winter was like around here this morning.IMG_1975.jpg.caceb2477f1b82d2e81698f956cb0616.jpg

14 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Today I found myself at a furniture store buying a new mattress.  I had tried to buy it online but there was an issue because I just moved and they couldn't verify my identity. I scheduled an in-store appointment but did it under my dead-name to avoid anymore confusion with my ID. When I got to the store I was promptly greet by an associate, that was the name on his name tag. He asked me my name and without thinking said Elizabeth. It is who I truly am so I just rolled with it. Oh wait, the credit card I applied for has that other name on it, oh well. I told him what I was looking for, he showed me around, got me a pillow to try the beds. The best part was the whole time being called by my right name and properly gendered. After a few minutes I made a decision and it was time to pay. I was worried it was gonna be thing since I don't use my dead-name any more. He asked for my ID and when I handed it to him I added that it still had my old name on it. Much to my surprise he didn't even flinch and continued to use my name and pronouns. I feel like there's still hope for the human race.

That's awesome. I hope we can all get the same respect. I hope I will be able to have the same problem soon.

2 hours ago, HaraSurya said:

@Mmindy

My experience with Keurig reminds me of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy because they make something that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike coffee.

I made some Martha White waxberry muffins and I've been working on a pot of coffee since midnight. (I prefer cold coffee.)

My sleeping gets all screwed up on the weekend and I spent last night loading my iPad with tabletop roleplaying game books, only to wipe it for the first time in two years and reload everything in order to free up some space. I think I "found" about 20GBs tied up in cache files that I couldn't get rid of. One of the biggest complaints with iOS compared to Android is you can't "Clear Cache" on individual apps and especially system apps, which means they just build up cruft until you do a clean wipe of the entire device.

I'm pretty sure that Norton has an app for that.

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

@Mmindy, I have a friend who would slap you for not taking the "freshly ground bean" option. He swears by it, won't drink anything else and had the entire office mooching off his coffee. Admittedly he's a coffee snob, but hey, we all have our quirks.

Hugs!

I agree. I have a Cuisinart DGB900BC grind and brew machine. One of the best investments I've ever made.

Good morning ,

I got a late start to my morning due to being awake all night crying. I just cant seem to stop. It is if every tear that I held back for the last 6 weeks has finally found its way past my defenses.

I was at my wife's house yesterday helping her move some things and replacing a lighting fixture that was not working for her. She invited me to stay and hang out to watch a hockey game. Was one of our favorite things to do. Well during the 2nd intermission she started telling me that she has spoken to a lawyer and he felt that financially and for reasons of protection of assets that she should move ahead with the divorce. So she started telling me to close certain accounts and things that I should do to be sure that everything is separated so we can get started around the end of April, and of course we will split the cost.

I guess I was mistaking the friendship as a sign that we still had a chance of reconciliation. I know that she had already told me that we were done and she wanted to stay friends but in my stupid brain I still thought friendship was still a path to keeping our marriage intact. After all what started out as friendship turned into a mostly good 32 year marriage. I guess that the past 6 weeks was just denial on my part. She seems just fine with her decision and I am a broken shell. I can not seem to stop thinking about all that we had together, all of the late night promises we made and how our love was forever.  Forever turned out to be a lot shorter then I thought it was. She still haunts my dreams. Every night I love her but lose everything again in the morning.

I am sorry for dumping all over an otherwise quiet Sunday afternoon, I am feeling lost and alone and I have no one I can turn to right now.

The crying has triggered a massive headache and I know that if I do not get this under control soon then I am in for a migraine that can last days.

Rachel

• Forum Moderator

@CD Rachel I'm sorry to read this.  I suppose you should take her at her word.  Or ask for clarification in the future.  Hugs.

2 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

She still haunts my dreams. Every night I love her but lose everything again in the morning.

My heart breaks for you! It’s ok to cry. 

2 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

She seems just fine with her decision and I am a broken shell.

I understand this.  It's hard.  While she has moved on,  I'm still not really over my divorce.

My heart goes out to you.

• Forum Moderator

Noting at all wrong with crying it out @CD Rachel. It's the first step to healing. Your ex has moved on. When you're ready, you can move on too. In the meantime, you're still friends. Friends is OK. We all need friends.

In the meantime, we're here for you and we'll listen any time you need us.

Hugs!

5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Hugs!

What's wrong with being a coffee snob? ;). For a long time I roasted my own beans because I couldn't afford the $35/pound stuff I really liked.  We have a capresso machine that holds a fair amount of beans in a hopper and can dispense enough and grind it for a couple pots. I love it.

• Forum Moderator

Big storm on the way tonight! 

I fuelled up the generator and test-ran it.  (It starts on one pull, yay!)  Since that used up all my spare fuel, I went down to the gas station and filled the jerry cans.  Everyone else there was doing the same thing!  So I have lots for the snowblower and refills for the generator.  I filled up the wood box, which holds a 2 or 3 day supply, and I have a pile of extra wood in the back entrance.  The Coleman stove is inside, along with a can of fuel for it. 

And, most important, I have a good supply of chocolate on hand.  I am ready.

• Forum Moderator

Rachel, sorry to hear that your wife wants to go with the big "D".  Mine is weird not 5 min ago she was talking about getting a bigger place were we could have room for the grandkids to visit.

Had a visit from our middle son and his family so We had the grand kids over night. It was great.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

I am sorry for dumping all over an otherwise quiet Sunday afternoon,

@CD Rachel You never have to say sorry for putting it out there and sharing yourself like you have. You are a loving caring person who needs a comforting ear. It hurt me deeply to read your update and I feel only a small part of the depth of pain this has caused you. Please know that there are better things in store for you and you’ll get through this. I know it hurts right now but time heals.

With a Heavy Heart,

Susan R?

4 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

I am sorry for dumping all over an otherwise quiet Sunday afternoon, I am feeling lost and alone and I have no one I can turn to right now.

We're here for you. Don't worry about dumping anything. That's why we are all here, to love and support each other through this journey.

I know it's hard, and there's going to be more hard days ahead as you all finalize things but having her as a friend while hard now will be a blessing in years to come.  

Do you have any local family or friends you can stay with for a bit to help you through the next few days?

Hugs

Bri