• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

OMG!   I just got "man-splained" at Home Depot.  I'm both offended and exhilarated. lol

Bri2020, I love this commercial bit, teaching strangers not to get involved. "Becoming Your Parents.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not much going on here at home, I'm just working on another tune to throw out your way.

It does take a lot of prep before the camera rolls.

I have been busy on the phone and the computer to sort some things out, Gov. stuff. Darn and I thought I was retired.

All in all things are good.

I hope all is good on your home turfs 

Love,

LM♥️

Not much going on here.  Just my usual coffee/doom scroll, and playing at trying to add a bit to a story.  Spent most of yesterday texting with my oldest daughter trying to get some financial/legal stuff figured out.  I've never been any good at that stuff.

I still have a half tank of gas, but not really anywhere to go.  I think I got so used to not being able to go out over the past year, that now I don't even think about it much.  This has to change.

But today is just another day at the house for me.

Hi Jandi, I know that feeling, you are not alone. I have no where to go that I need to, so much I have already done, so now I'm content to watching the Chucky movies. I love that little evil doll. BTW, Chucky has a new daughter......eeeeeks

Love,

LM♥️

Today52D.jpg

I spoke with my mother again yesterday regarding the celebration of life they're holding for my uncle who passed away a few months ago. I explained that I had concerns about how her side of the family might treat me. I don't want to feel like I'm put on display like some novelty or worse. She countered me by saying it's just the way people are up here and yes I will most likely have problems with some of the family. She also made sure to mention that she would be OK with it if I just didn't go. She offered nothing in the way of support or assurances. She could have offered to talk to a friend or something just to be sure but no. I can't help but take her response in a negative way. She also made it clear that she can no longer make the drive down to visit. So we're now at an impasse. To be honest, I feel liberated and and free from their judgement.

Hi Liz, sometimes we have to make amends and support our wives. Our life style is very complicated, not all family understand us. Small price to pay for peace.

I hope the best for you on this new adventure you are faced with.

Remember the Linkin  Park song, In The End. 

"With every step that I take, is another mistake to you."

That my friend is the life we live. 

Other things will come your way and they won't stop coming. It will never end. 

Life in the trans lane belong to only us, and we have to face that.

To be honest with you it is rough, but rewarding. Be who you are, let them into your life at their pace, and things may go easier or just go bad, be prepared for the bad and hope it does not come to that. Most important just be prepared for the worse.

I hope my words help,

Love,

LM♥️

OOOOPPPS Numb I think was the song I was referring to. Anyway, best of luck to you Liz.

For Liz and all of us.

LM♥️

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kXYiU_JCYtU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Morning all

Bri cute pics, and I was chuckling at the mansplaining ?.  Elizabeth sorry to hear about the difficulties with the family.  I hope they are more accepting soon.  Kinda boring day for me.  I had one phone interview yesterday and one rescheduled for Friday.  My first in person interview on Monday went well.  I'm gonna try to pull up and replace some damaged laminate flooring.  Hope everyone has a good day!

• Forum Moderator

Linda Marie, While I have never been a fan of Linkin Park. I watched the video. That is so me, it isn't funny. With the "acceptance" at work, my wife's acceptance and my oldest son's nonacceptance. I am becoming Numb to it all.  Even just life in general. Why can't people accept me as who I am.

The biggest problem I think my oldest son has, is that I lied to him. Not coming out sooner. Well sonny boy, I lied to myself for over 50yrs. Not realizing that I am indeed truly female. denying that very fact, at almost every turn.

Well I have an in person appointment with my GYN tomorrow. I am planning on wearing the new dress I just got. first time out wearing a dress or skirt without leggings. Once I get home I will be telling the wife that I am starting on HRT. That the Dr. got some information and with taking my blood thinner I can used the E patch. I know my wife will ask way do you want to change. I will tell her that I am wanting to see what E does for me. It may not do anything, but I want to try.

Hugs to all.

Kymmie

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I can used the E patch

I use them.  It's a low dose, but has had some physical effects.  I've not had any problems with them coming off yet in 2 years. I do have an appointment coming up.  I want to talk to the Dr about increasing the dosage, or maybe adding progesterone.  I was taking it before I got on the patches.  

Had my coffee on the front porch as usual in warm weather.  I throw sunflower seeds out for the birds, of course the squirrels like them as well.

I have a mouse in the house.  Probably more than one.  Little thing ran across the kitchen right in front of me - didn't have the decency to wait till after dark.  My kitty is too slack.  She's a deadly hunter out in the wide world, but when she comes in, she just sleeps.  Guess it's up to me to catch 'em.

And then, I was fixing to run over to the Food Lion, but my car battery was dead.  Fortunately I had a charger that was accessible and not up at my ex's place in the country.   I hope that's all it needs.  Batteries are too high these days.

So the day is off to an interesting start.

I start my volunteer meals on wheels job this coming Monday. I finally have something to do. Retirement

has been a slow death for me, now I have something to do. Gosh, it might even help me get rid of my new beer gut!!

4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

With the "acceptance" at work, my wife's acceptance and my oldest son's nonacceptance. I am becoming Numb to it all.  Even just life in general. Why can't people accept me as who I am.

The biggest problem I think my oldest son has, is that I lied to him. Not coming out sooner. I lied to myself for over 50yrs. Not realizing that I am indeed truly female. denying that very fact, at almost every turn.

Well I have an in person appointment with my GYN tomorrow. I am planning on wearing the new dress I just got. first time out wearing a dress or skirt without leggings. Once I get home I will be telling the wife that I am starting on HRT. That the Dr. got some information and with taking my blood thinner I can used the E patch. I know my wife will ask way do you want to change. I will tell her that I am wanting to see what E does for me. It may not do anything, but I want to try.

Kimmie, it took me a decade longer than you to accept myself. Back then, if you had the parts, that's who you had to be. If it took us this long, it is understandable that others don't get it. I have a daughter that seems to think I am being affected by some kind of demon, but at least she talks to me. I'm praying your son relents and accepts you soon.

Not having T made an enormous difference to me. HRT is definitely worth trying.

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone,

The coffee was HOT, black, and strong. I enjoyed a morning sitting on the back deck, swinging on the porch swing. The birds are all noisy as they call out their feeding songs, and care for their little ones in the nests.

Later today we'll start loading the new camper with food and bedding supplies as we strike out on a new improved camping adventure. We started our camping in primitive tents, or simple tarpaulins along the rivers we floated in a canoe. Then we had kids and had to upgrade to manufactured family size tents. Ultra-light camping was something we got back in to as we started motorcycling around the country. Then the spread of UPS Stores made it possible to ship our camping gear ahead to locations and not have to carry it on the bike. The bike group we road with called our tent the circus tent because it had a ceiling fan in it and two queen sized inflatable beds. We never told strangers how we got so much camping gear on our bikes.

image.jpeg.4105fcce9031b73b78bf09a1688c56b4.jpeg

May be an image of road

2 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

Retirement has been a slow death for me…

I think people don't realize how much a change it is.

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

We never told strangers how we got so much camping gear on our bikes.

That would be curious.

Well, yes time for another tune. I don't think a lot here will recognize this tune, but I could be wrong.

I've not done this tune in a long time and I'm surprised I did this in one take.

I also think by now all here know the back ground I came from. It was a rough life back then.

I played this song, the long version in front of the Bandito's MC. in Austin TX. back in '86, I was never so scared so much in my life. (I played it in man mode). It was good, and they loved it. Still in all I was just not happy, I was coming to grips with myself.

I hope you all enjoy a blast from the past.

Love,

LM♥️ 

• Forum Moderator

Mindy, that is  cheating.  Not carrying it all on the bike. 

Well, I actually have been on  HRT since March. I am telling my wife that so she doesn't have a fit if she sees the patch. I have yet to see anything that has changed.  My big problem is the patch falling off. 

Kymmie 

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Well, I actually have been on  HRT since March. I am telling my wife that so she doesn't have a fit if she sees the patch. I have yet to see anything that has changed.  My big problem is the patch falling off. 

Kymmie 

I didn't notice any changes to breasts for about 4 months. Back hair started to thin a little around the same time.

5 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Later today we'll start loading the new camper with food and bedding supplies as we strike out on a new improved camping adventure. We started our camping in primitive tents, or simple tarpaulins along the rivers we floated in a canoe. Then we had kids and had to upgrade to manufactured family size tents. Ultra-light camping was something we got back in to as we started motorcycling around the country.

Wow Mindy! We started out much the same and ended up in a rig similar to yours. Later we downsized back to a motorcycle. Hoping to do that again once I am healed. Just not sure how much my loss of strength will affect handling the motorcycle with the wife aboard.

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Kymmie, I don't know how to compare, but I didn't start noticing much until about a month after I got my anti-androgen shot to shut down the hormones. Even then, the changes were subtle for awhile except for the change in my head. Nobody noticed that other than how easy it was to make me cry.

@Linda Marie I don't comment much, but I do enjoy your music.

Hugs,

Mike

4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I have yet to see anything that has changed. 

It was a long time before I noticed anything myself.  Actually other people noticed before me.  Maybe I didn't want to be optimistic. (I'm not)   But I've not had problems with the patches coming off - although others have mentioned it.

• Forum Moderator

Well the biggest changes was after I stopped the blockers. It seems like my T level jumped. One labs it was 15 the next was 532. Now my facial hair is growing back even sooner than before I started the blockers. I will have to talk to the Dr. When I see her tomorrow.

Kymmie