• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I did manage to get some work done on the top. I'm recycling another top I made years ago.  It was going to be way too heavy when it was done so it never got finished. Works for me. I don't know if I could sit and cut thousands of little metal rings anymore. I'm making it a diamond mesh pattern, like the top I crocheted last week but now from steel.

Personally, I always used aluminum, but you CAN buy pre-done rings (like this) if you don't want to coil and cut them yourself.

Hugs!

Congrats @Heather Nicole on finding a closer group.  I haven't sought out any transgender people in person. I have some kinda mental block about it.  Next month for our local Pride event that my biz sponsored I have a featured booth display so I will be front and center for trans people to encounter me so I better get that block figured out quick! *not to self, talk to therapist about this* lol

And in other news- I totally stopped traffic last evening! I was heading across a busy street to go have some wine with some friends.   I dressed up a bit in my new dress, had my hair pulled up in a cute loose bun and a glass of wine in my hand when I approached the street in question.  A 60 something man was driving up and totally stopped to let me go across even though that is so not an area to be stopping at from a safety perspective.  My wife was on the other side of me and pointed out to me that he totally stopped because he thought a statuesque goddess needed to cross the road and did the chivalrous thing. lol  She was a bit miffed (humorously) though since all the years crossing there no one has stopped for us before. haha.  I feel like I have a new super power ;) I should have blown him a kiss in retrospect ?

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I should have blown him a kiss in retrospect ?

Careful now, you want to use this new power wisely. No need to risk stopping the poor man's heart.

Hugs!

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Personally, I always used aluminum, but you CAN buy pre-done rings (like this) if you don't want to coil and cut them yourself.

I've always been a bit of a purist and making my own rings since day-one. Not to mention the cost of buying vs making. I would get stuff made a quicker though. After almost 30 years I have really strong wrist and hands. It's nice for working on stuff but I also have bulky-ish guy forearms from it.

• Forum Moderator

Well sure, I did my own rings too... though I haven't in years... I just bought electric fencing wire and coiled and cut that. Less weight on the finished product and easier to work with. I did think about the pre-made ones though, especially if I was going to close the links with rivets.

Then my job got in the way and I didn't have the energy. After that my dysphoria basically ate my face so I haven't picked it back up in years. ?

Hugs!

15 hours ago, KymmieL said:

This morning before work I found the transition channel on youtube, She has some wise words about each topic I watched. I still Love Jackie Bear though.

I watched some of her's when I first began questioning.  It did help.

Dr. Z is pretty good as well.  And, yes, Jackie.

• Forum Moderator

@Heather Nicole cleveburg...used to live there then LA noe middle of Ohio. Glad you found new group there. I am working on restarting a group in Mount Vernon with my Therapist. She had a group before covid and now I want to help restart it and run the group when she is unable.

@Jandi I absolutely look forward to Dr. Z's weekly videos.

Morning everyone.  My first run since my race.  My legs felt good though.  Its already in the 70s today and looks like it'll rain later, so I'm glad I got out.  Have a great morning everyone ?

Today changed my life. It was my first day delivering meals to those in need. I met the nicest and most grateful people.

Up one mountain and then another. My 4X4 truck came in handy.

LM♥️

I've always loved the NC mountains.  Less so in the winter tho - that cold wind.

• Forum Moderator
On 5/19/2021 at 3:16 PM, KymmieL said:

Mindy, that is  cheating.  Not carrying it all on the bike.

It's not cheating if no one has a written rule book. The group we rode with only frowned on people who trailered their bikes, and didn't ride them to the rally locations. We rode Indy to Sturgis, SD and back 10 years in a row. Rain or Shine it's always a good time to be on a bike with friends.

Hugs,

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

it's always a good time to be on a bike with friends.

Hugs,

I second that. andy time behind the bars is good time.

Kymmie

5 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

Today changed my life. It was my first day delivering meals to those in need. I met the nicest and most grateful people.

Up one mountain and then another. My 4X4 truck came in handy.

LM♥️

That's great! Big hugs, @Linda Marie

This song I'm posting is hard for me to play. Not because of my hands, just because. 

I also feel it is very important to show both sides of me. Doesn't matter how we dress, what matters is

who we are.

I hope you like this little tune.

Whisper in the Wind was about me. I never listened to anyone, Mom would say does not matter what I or we say, they are just whispers in the wind to you, and off you go, on another adventure.

LM♥️

• Forum Moderator

Hi

Well, I think the pain of the injections may just be worthwhile.  I haven’t had a full blown spasm locking up my larynx in 3 days.  I’m already scheduled to do this again in August, or if need be I can reschedule sooner.

we’ve been packing and downsizing and cleaning to put or house on the market.  I’d forgotten how difficult that can be.  My office/granddaughter’s bedroom is close to ready.  Laundry area is ready.  Kitchen is close.  The rest of the house doesn’t need much except the garage.  That’s a mess!

Willow

• Forum Moderator
22 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

@Linda Marie This is nice news to read.  Thanks for sharing it.  I agree there are very nice people out in the world.  We just need to be open to seeing them.  You're right about life being short.   It's important to do something important with our time, whether it be helping others or just being the best person we can be.  

That was a beautiful melody today.  I'm sure it brings back memories of your mother when you play it. You say you were wild but your mother always was there for you.  Mothers are like that sometimes.  Mine has stood with me too.  

@Willow Oh how I dread having to pack up someday!  I know you will be satisfied when you're finished.  That's good news on the spasms.  I hope treatment continues to control them.  

Hugs all, Jani

• Forum Moderator

Well I just looked at some of the results of the lab work I had done on Thursday. Disappointed to say the least. T level in the mid 600s. last time it was in the low 500s.   Don't know about my E level.

Kymmie

Hi all you beautiful people. Today I'm all dressed up and have construction people coming over, I warned them I'm all dressed up.

I am looking forward to this new beginning.

Hope you like my new video.

Well that was fast. All went well with the guy's, I think I'm finally on my way to being full time.

I was worried about how they would feel doing work for a transsexual, so far so good. 

My next goal is to win over the people I volunteered to help. Small steps are the best way to go.

I'm doing my happy dance now, gosh the storm is finally over. 

Love,

LM♥️

5 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Well I just looked at some of the results of the lab work I had done on Thursday. Disappointed to say the least. T level in the mid 600s. last time it was in the low 500s.   Don't know about my E level.

Kymmie

Bummer !!!  I've got to assume you're not on HRT yet? You must be young and healthy. My first T level before HRT was 375.

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Bummer !!!  I've got to assume you're not on HRT yet? You must be young and healthy. My first T level before HRT was 375.

I've been on HRT for 3 months now. Dr. started me on low dose of Estradiol **NOPE**, and Spironolactone **NOPE**. Results after 3 mos. barely changed. I'm now on **NOPE** Estradiol and **NOPE** of Progesterone Micronized. Tonight will be my first dose.

Anyone have any advice about Progesterone?

Edited by Jackie C.
Sorry, just a reminder that we cannot list dosages of our femme 'n m's.
  • Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

Anyone have any advice about Progesterone?

Take it before bed. Whenever I take Progesterone, it's before bed. Even if it's first thing in the morning. It will knock your butt out.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Take it before bed. Whenever I take Progesterone, it's before bed. Even if it's first thing in the morning. It will knock your butt out.

Hugs!

Awesome ! Maybe I'll finally get a good nights sleep.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

Awesome ! Maybe I'll finally get a good nights sleep.

It takes about an hour for it to drop me. Your mileage may vary, but staying awake after my hit is... Well, it's just not going to happen. My dreams are more vivid and a little weirder though. I'm not sure if it's because they ARE weirder, or they were weird in the beginning and I'm just remembering them more often.

Hugs!