• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Merry Christmas to all TP. You have been so helpful throughout the year. It's Christmas here tomorrow so we get to relax. I think it will be about 80 degree in your strange temperature 😉

Anyhow lotsa Hugs

Robyn

• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Heather Nicole Congrats on starting your journey!

Today one month on HRT. Much more calmer here and that ease feeling. Skin starting to feel a bit softer, and "thinner" on my face. Appetite is up, not hungrier, but just eating more.

First week started really feeling the low T effects, but body has seemed to made an adjustment. I may end up doing yoga or some kind of exercise eventually. I used to really run hot, edgy, anxious and then burn out. Not anymore.

All the antidepressants I took over the years never helped me feel this way! Libido waay down, didn't have much to begin with, and a bit more crying in "moments". Sleeping better too. 

At work today, it was 45 F when I started the car at 5:30am, would not mind if it stayed this way all winter, myself.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

The good news: I just got my prescription for HRT!  🎉🏳️‍⚧️🎉 I'm starting out with estradiol patches and finasteride. Woohoo! (And, in accordance with the "preferred name" in my mychart, they called me "Heather" 🥰 That's always nice)

Congratulations, Heather!  What a great Christmas present, even if you have to wait a couple of days to pick it up.  I am sure you will have a happy new year!

9 hours ago, HollyNG said:

Went to my Aunt Fran's Christmas party dressed as Holly and she loved what I wore,a black skirt with black tights,4 inch heels and a red top.Said I looked gorgeous too telling her thank you.Met her new guy in her life too and he was great to me.Said I am like any normal person and won't judge me at all.Her last two exes thought my part time crossdressing was sick and gross.

Yay!  I am glad to hear that you have the support of your aunt and her BF.

Good morning everyone. I can finally tastes my coffee again. It's a cold 32 degrees in my corner of the world.

On the plus side I'm feeling a lot better. I did notice of the last couple of days that I had experienced a full range of symptoms but not all at once. It was like a symptom of the day. Tuesday was a preview day, a little of everything. Wednesday I was chilled to the bone. Thursday, muscle aches. Which was made even better because it's also my shot day. My thigh still hurts a little. Today appears to be non-stop coughing. We have to go do some last minute shopping so this should be fun. My partner has doing so much to take care of over the last couple of days, when I was down and out, even though it's putting her at grave risk. I really want to be here for her while she's down but I'm only at like 25-30% so I'll do what I can.

We did have plans tomorrow to go see her brother and his gf at their new house and to see a movie afterwards but at this point I guessing none of that will happen.

Interesting thing yesterday while I was napping I had another nightmare where I was lost and starting to get overwhelmed with confusion when out of nowhere one of my fur babies showed up. Apparently he wasn't there to show me the way but instead calmed my anxiety until I woke up. I do have a lot of nightmares but very, very rarely can I recognize anyone, usually I just feel the presence of other people but my fur baby, clear as day. When I opened my eyes I had  this cute face staring at me.

IMG_4933.jpeg

5 hours ago, Davie said:

I'm up, too, at 3:00. Typical pattern for me.

I'm like this as well.  

Since it's cold and dark, I usually go back to bed and work on stories in my head until I feel like getting up - or the kitty makes me.

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I just got my prescription for HRT!  🎉🏳️‍⚧️🎉 I'm starting out with estradiol patches and finasteride. Woohoo! (And, in accordance with the "preferred name" in my mychart, they called me "Heather" 🥰 That's always nice)

Yea Heather,

Happy Girl Dancing.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

The second pot of coffee is brewing.

We're up early getting ready for the family Christmas Party this evening. Suzie has set a very nice table, and we're tag teaming the cooking/baking of this evening's meal. It's expected the two youngest grandsons will be impatient and wanting to open their gifts. Our two oldest grandchildren are working for a BBQ house and while they're not catering any parties, they have to cook and package the food. So we'll wait to exchange and open gifts until they arrive after work.

Prayers, and Best Wishes to everyone,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good morning Christmas Eve. I guess we aren’t going to go to church tonight.  My wife gets very self conscious so if it isn’t being with me, it’s something else.  This time she’s embarrassed that she might have to tell someone we are living on our boat temporarily.

Our temperature is already up to 50 it’s supposed to be in the 60s all weekend.

@Elizabeth Star that is a cute face to wake up to.  If we sleep in our pup climbs in bed with us and first one to move gets kissed to death.  As for strange dreams, I hear you there.  I’ve been having a lot of strange ones, and recurring. Usually there is a deceased family member, my mom, sister or my wife’s mom.  Rarely anyone living.  I don’t know if it’s the antidepressants, hormones or something else.  I do occasionally need something to sleep, I suppose it could be that.  Anyway nothing better than waking up to the unconditional love of a fur baby.

spreading peace and joy

hugs to all

Willow

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

This time she’s embarrassed that she might have to tell someone we are living on our boat temporarily.

I would think most people would think this is exciting and different than anything they might do!  It would seem like a wonderful talking point.  Christmas afloat!  

Hugs, Jani

10 minutes ago, Jani said:
1 hour ago, Willow said:

This time she’s embarrassed that she might have to tell someone we are living on our boat temporarily.

I would think most people would think this is exciting and different than anything they might do!  It would seem like a wonderful talking point.  Christmas afloat!  

Yes, this.

That's something I've thought about for years.   It just has never been an option for me.

Not sure how to reply to this, but I can relate to it. 

We put our spouses through a lot. (embarrassments).

Nothing going on here at my house, just the same day to day stuff.

I canceled my trans meetings, just don't want to go back into that arena. 

I had to quit my volunteer job, just can't make those trips. I live in the mountains.

Cats are doing fine and since I moved the bird feeder no more feathers in the basement, YEY!!!

I posted a song for Willow and her wife....at the other thread...

Love,LM❤️

14 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

... I am concerned with the patches, given the differences I've heard about the sizes and quality of the various brands. And I think part of my brain is still stuck in last century, because any time I think about having a choice in pharmacy, it still never occurs to me that there are mail-order pharmacies to consider. So, again, thanks for bringing that up! 👍

Hi, Heather!

Nice that the cost is quite low for you!  Two small follow-up points: 

It's not uncommon to find as you're starting out that for any of several reasons, a particular brand and frequency (once vs. twice a week) of patches doesn't work well for you.  For example, several of us here recently commented on Sandoz, whose patches are relatively huge and don't adhere well for an entire week.  But, once you find a brand that works for you, you can have your physician prescribe it "by name" so that the pharmacy understands that generics or substitute brands are not an option for them.  Of course, the dosage level may also vary at first, as you work out with your doctor what's safe and effective for you; but that's quite normal.

I'm fortunate to be able to use mail order (arrives 1 day after shipping) via the pharmacy directly associated with my gender clinic, Fenway Health here in Boston. They've never had to special order any estradiol brand or dosage for me, because of the sheer number of HRT patients they serve.  Pharmacies associated with or near gender clinics in your state may be an option to consider.

With best wishes for the new year!

Astrid

7 minutes ago, Astrid said:

Hi, Heather!

Nice that the cost is quite low for you!  Two small follow-up points: 

It's not uncommon to find as you're starting out that for any of several reasons, a particular brand and frequency (once vs. twice a week) of patches doesn't work well for you.  For example, several of us here recently commented on Sandoz, whose patches are relatively huge and don't adhere well for an entire week.  But, once you find a brand that works for you, you can have your physician prescribe it "by name" so that the pharmacy understands that generics or substitute brands are not an option for them.  Of course, the dosage level may also vary at first, as you work out with your doctor what's safe and effective for you; but that's quite normal.

I'm fortunate to be able to use mail order (arrives 1 day after shipping) via the pharmacy directly associated with my gender clinic, Fenway Health here in Boston. They've never had to special order any estradiol brand or dosage for me, because of the sheer number of HRT patients they serve.  Pharmacies associated with or near gender clinics in your state may be an option to consider.

With best wishes for the new year!

Astrid

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep them in mind.

Counting down the days of my trachea shave.Happening on Monday.Seeing my Adam's apple has been bothering me and I want to make it easier when I transform into Holly when I do my make up.Wife is going to be there for support and did my research very well

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, LindaMarie said:

posted a song for Willow and her wife....at the other thread...

Love,LM❤️

Thanks  @LindaMarie we listened to it together.  In this Marina there is every kind of boat from a Jon boat to a diesel powered ocean cabin boat.  32’ (size of ours) is the max length.  There are a few of us.  There are three boats being lived on right now.  The other two are house boats.  The guy that owns the sailboat next to mine says he’s moving onto his boat soon.  It’s also a 32’. (In sailing class a 9 ½ meter blue water boat) and a few pontoon boats but nothing like the one in the music video.

Yes, any number of people have said good things about living on a boat to us, but we sold our home that was in a snobby neighborhood because we are downsizing to a condominium.  We were supposed to be in the condominium in October.  Right now they are saying next March. 

what makes it embarrassing to her is she knows I saved it from being salvaged and am still bringing it back.  Others don’t know so she really shouldn’t be embarrassed.  As far as they know it’s a great boat.  It’s definitely sea worthy.

willow

I've been a bit distracted and haven't logged on in a few (more on that in a minute) so I won't comment on everything written over the last 3-4 days. I will say Congrats to Heather and best wishes on your shave Holly!

A couple days ago I was hosting a few gals over for a cooking night and no sooner had they left then I get a call from my sister that she found my father semiconscious at the bottom of some stairs.  He ended up in the ICU with some brain trauma, broken chest bone and compression fracture of one of his backbones along with some superficial wounds and damage.  He's recovering well now. Still in a hospital but waiting to get transferred to a rehab facility in the next 24-72 hours.  Adding to the pile of poop right now is my son and his GF got covid. Both feel like dirt. They were even boosted.  I haven't slept much between that and some work stuff and getting ready for the holidays.

I'm hopeful that everyone is on the mend. I have an island vacation on Jan 1 and really need it.  I think I am going to need another one just because trying to get all the testing requirements done to travel are a nightmare right now.  I need a test within 48 hours of departure (test turnaround times are 3-4 days now so I have to pay out of pocket for a rapid PCR test). I then get tested on landing. Then I have to get tested on day 5 of vacation and again on the last day so I can come home.  Besides the logistics, all this is costing an additional $500 for testing. WHatever, I would pay $1k right now to get away from everything.

I'm supposed to get my ffs when I get back but I don't think there a snowballs chance in hell of that happening. Maryland hospitals are now in Emergency Plan Implementation mode which means now overnight non emergent surgeries. I don't see the numbers coming back down in time for me to get mine. I'm trying not to cry every day when I see the covid hospilizations continue to climb.

2022 is going to be better right?

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

2022 is going to be better right?

We can only hope it will.  Sorry to hear about your father.  I hope he continues to mend.  

2 hours ago, Willow said:

As far as they know it’s a great boat.  It’s definitely sea worthy.

Other people (non-sailors) have no clue.  They would see your boat and be amazed!  We talked about living on a sailboat, well mostly me.   She wouldn't buy into it!  Your wife has another to be embarrassed about.  Others don't see the warts.  Thousands of people dream of doing what you are doing.  

Jani 

Sounds like a lot going on with all of you. I love you all. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, or Yule, or whatever you celebrate this time of year. ❤️

Jamie.jpg

• Forum Moderator

@Jani thanks for the good words.  Yes I know, lots of people would like to have a boat.  That was me for most of my life. Wanting a sailboat.  Now I guess I am lucky, I finally got my dream.

well, if you read my previous posts I said I tend to get depressed at Christmas well boy did that hit me tonight. Depression, crying.  You name it.  

these holidays have never been good for me.  

I wish everyone a very merry Christmas.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

A Merry Christmas to all my friends and family here on TP. You have saved my life more than once.

@Willow I am the same way. I get the winter blahs. That was before my realization. Now it is pretty much depressed all the time. I just live with it.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning and Merry Christianna everyone. (Happy Christmas to our European friends)

As you can see I made it through the night.  I didn’t get much sleep and I’ve got a really bad migraine headache this morning.  

Kymmie I have been depressed for the last 30 years.  It was my therapist of four years ago that recognized I was transgender and put me on the right antidepressants that helped me.  My primary care added another a couple months ago when my wife told him I was worse and yelling at the dog.  That helped too but nothing helps me at Christmas.  I’ve been this way for over 50 years.

love you all 

A Merry Christmas to all and yours here on TG Pulse. You have given me so much encouragement to carry on and to finally make the transformation full time, apply for name and gender change. Still waiting 6 weeks later. :(

I know I don't post often as I am not good at expressing myself so please enjoy the Best of the Season and stay safe and healthy.

Love to all of you.

Big Canadian Hugs all around

JoniSteph

Just dropping by to wish everybody a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year❣️

It was truly a momentous 2021 for me and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the support and encouragement I received from everybody here.  Thank you all!