• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Good morning. Today my coffee just tastes warm.

I ended up getting sent home yesterday due to my condition. One of other managers had spent half the day loading me up with Zycam and a few other things she had in her bag-of-tricks trying to get me back on my feet. She finally realized it was a lost cause and insisted I leave. A couple hours later I got a call from my supervisor that he tested positive for covid. I won't be allowed back until I feel better and have a legit (not OTC) negative test result. So that's my mission for today, and to sleep. I am so tired (and crabby).

I also had a surprise in my in-box. My letter of support (from my therapist) was waiting for me this morning. Although it does take a lot of stress off me to finally have it, I'm way to sick at the moment to celebrate. I know I freaked out a bit with the delays in getting it but the reality is, this is the first piece of supporting documentation I have. Yes, I've know who I am for a very long time but until today it was still just my word against the world. 

I love you all and have a great day. I have to go find a covid test somewhere.

@Elizabeth Star hope you get to feeling  better soon. I have been home all week my self sick went and got Covid tested yesterday and thankfully it was negative. 

• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Billie75B said:

@Elizabeth Star hope you get to feeling  better soon. I have been home all week my self sick went and got Covid tested yesterday and thankfully it was negative. 

Great news 😍

OK, third test..No Covid. It'll take a day or two for the PCR(?) test to come back. My doctor advised I go again for the full testing on Friday. He feels I may have it but it hasn't built up enough to be detectable. If it that comes back negative then I'm good-ish. My biggest complaint is how cold I feel. I tried to take a nap but even with my electric blanket maxed out I was still shivering.  Despite the health risks, my partner has been doing whatever she can, from a distance, to help me. She's feeling sick as well but does not appear as bad off as me. Maybe the second booster shot is doing it's thing. we got them last Wednesday so it might be too soon.  We'll see how this goes.

Be careful Liz, the regular strains of influenza are going around as well as COVID.  Sure hope you fell better soon.  Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hi

Coffee this morning was good.  So was my shower.  The shower is tiny.  We sit on the head to wash. At least we have hot water for the shower.  the old sprayer needed to be replace and it was just cold water.  I replaced it with a kitchen faucet. Works great. Stream to wash your hand at the sink, and a nice spray on a long hose for showering.

Got the laundry, my blood work, emptied the sludge tank, picked up our mail and picked up my syringes and needles at my he pharmacy.  Tomorrow we go to Charleston for my surgery follow up.  Once that’s done we are pretty much finished with this year.  I know of a couple packages yet to come  one tomorrow and one next week.  

anyone ever try Hey Dude shoes?  I have two pair on order.  One is a low cut and the other is an ankle bootie.  Women’s of course.

@Elizabeth Star  Hang in there Liz and take good care of yourself.  It doesn’t matter if it’s Flu or Covid both can be pretty nasty.  

Willow

Well my big day today was posting here. Cold cold cold

outside.

Wife and I had a normal us day. Bored but you know, typical day.

Was wondering about something, but forgot.

I must take notes.

My cat was sitting in the window, take another picture?.. Or wait?...

Wind blowing against my door...more 32 or less blowing in. Heater can't keep up.

What else today? Hmmm... 

JURY DUTY!!!! Got a blasted summons...

Over and out and all in between, hope all

good tidings.

LM❤️ (and Ginger wondering what's up with all this?)

20211221_182137.jpg

• Forum Moderator

I got a notice for Federal Jury duty. Have you ever been summoned to federal jury duty before! YES

how old are you? 70

You are excused.

now state, I was notified two different times for Fairfax County Virginia.  Had to show several times, was never picked to go through jury selection.  

with Covid there aren’t many cases that require a jury in Georgetown county.  Moving to Horry county sometime, I expect that will be different.  The crime rate is much higher there.

good luck 🍀 

Went into my closet and picked out an outfit for tomorrow night,invited to my Aunt Fran's Christmas party going to it dressed as Holly.Picked out a knee length black skirt with red top,black tights and a pair of 4 inch black heels.My Aunt Fran knows about Holly,she knew I was feminine and happy as a part time crossdresser.Knows I am going dressed as Holly and loves it when I come dressed as Holly

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

coffee is welcome this morning, it’s 35 out.  Ok to a lot of you that’s nothing.  But living on a boat with no insulation and just a space heater? That can be a bit chilly.  if it gets any colder I have to disconnect and drain my waterlines which will cut off our hot water.  I can switch to tank water but the water heater is outside.

Time to get ready for my day.

hugs

Willow

I currently live with family and they keep a lot of cats. A lot! One of the females meowed to me for the first time after spending two weeks or more inside, when I called her name. Another cat suddenly became very affectionate with me and sometimes meows when I enter the room. She's different from most cats because she likes to head bump against her fellow cats, and also humans. She's almost got in fights that way because the cats didn't know what to make of her kindness...?

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Artpetal said:

I currently live with family and they keep a lot of cats. A lot! One of the females meowed to me for the first time after spending two weeks or more inside, when I called her name. Another cat suddenly became very affectionate with me and sometimes meows when I enter the room. She's different from most cats because she likes to head bump against her fellow cats, and also humans. She's almost got in fights that way because the cats didn't know what to make of her kindness...?

She sounds adorable!

Hugs!

Well, I'm doing a weird combination of happy girl dance and pirate stomp right now.

The good news: I just got my prescription for HRT!  🎉🏳️‍⚧️🎉 I'm starting out with estradiol patches and finasteride. Woohoo! (And, in accordance with the "preferred name" in my mychart, they called me "Heather" 🥰 That's always nice)

But then came actually filling the prescription...aaand my pharmacist informed me they have to order the estadiol patches and won't have them until monday...Arrrrgghhh!!! (See, that's pirate part.)

I'm still looking forward to enjoying christmas this saturday, but wow, this is going to be one looong extended weekend for me!

Oh well. I guess the slow, agonizing, excited anticipation just makes it that much more of a traditional old christmas for me 😄

Went to my Aunt Fran's Christmas party dressed as Holly and she loved what I wore,a black skirt with black tights,4 inch heels and a red top.Said I looked gorgeous too telling her thank you.Met her new guy in her life too and he was great to me.Said I am like any normal person and won't judge me at all.Her last two exes thought my part time crossdressing was sick and gross.

45 minutes ago, Heather Nicole said:

But then came actually filling the prescription...aaand my pharmacist informed me they have to order the estadiol patches and won't have them until monday.

Very nice to hear, @Heather Nicole!  By the way, over time I learned that my usual local pharmacy was not the best price for my estradiol patches (and they switched brands on me without checking at one point) -- so I changed to a different one (who mails it to me monthly and is far better).  Something to keep in mind should you have any issues down the road -- although right now the focus is on getting started 🙂.

2022 is going to be different!  Congratulations,

Astrid

8 minutes ago, HollyNG said:

Went to my Aunt Fran's Christmas party dressed as Holly and she loved what I wore,a black skirt with black tights,4 inch heels and a red top.Said I looked gorgeous too telling her thank you.Met her new guy in her life too and he was great to me.Said I am like any normal person and won't judge me at all.

Fantastic! Sounds like it was a great time!

9 minutes ago, HollyNG said:

Her last two exes thought my part time crossdressing was sick and gross.

Tell her she found a keeper this time! 😉

@Elizabeth Star and @Astrid Thanks! 😃

6 minutes ago, Astrid said:

By the way, over time I learned that my usual local pharmacy was not the best price for my estradiol patches (and they switched brands on me without checking at one point) -- so I changed to a different one (who mails it to me monthly and is far better).  Something to keep in mind should you have any issues down the road -- although right now the focus is on getting started 🙂.

Definitely a good thing to keep in mind, thanks for bringing it up. Luckily for me, my insurance is kind of...embarrassingly good with regard to drug prices (forget "Medicare for all", I'd like to see "Ohio Medicaid for all!"). But, I have noticed in the past that my pharmacy tends to switch generic brands a lot. That's been fine for my oral meds, but I am concerned with the patches, given the differences I've heard about the sizes and quality of the various brands. And I think part of my brain is still stuck in last century, because any time I think about having a choice in pharmacy, it still never occurs to me that there are mail-order pharmacies to consider. So, again, thanks for bringing that up! 👍

• Forum Moderator

@Heather Nicole. First, congratulations!  Unfortunately, that’s not unusual.  I have to notify my pharmacy ahead so they can order in my estradiol.  And they can be especially touchy with filling my needles and syringes. I suppose they have to make sure I use then for medical needs and note illegal things.

I woke up at 3amand can’t get back to sleep.  It is cold out, 38. 

Willow

8 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

Well, I'm doing a weird combination of happy girl dance and pirate stomp right now.

The good news: I just got my prescription for HRT!  🎉🏳️‍⚧️🎉 I'm starting out with estradiol patches and finasteride. Woohoo! (And, in accordance with the "preferred name" in my mychart, they called me "Heather" 🥰 That's always nice)

But then came actually filling the prescription...aaand my pharmacist informed me they have to order the estadiol patches and won't have them until monday...Arrrrgghhh!!! (See, that's pirate part.)

I'm still looking forward to enjoying christmas this saturday, but wow, this is going to be one looong extended weekend for me!

Oh well. I guess the slow, agonizing, excited anticipation just makes it that much more of a traditional old christmas for me 😄

Congratulations!!! 

Nothing new about having to wait for these meds. I had to wait 3 days for mine this last time. I get my generic prevasid through mail from humana. They are always a month early. I don't want to trust the mail for other meds though. We've had stuff go to neighbors, and sometimes get their mail.

7 hours ago, HollyNG said:

Went to my Aunt Fran's Christmas party dressed as Holly and she loved what I wore,a black skirt with black tights,4 inch heels and a red top.Said I looked gorgeous too telling her thank you.Met her new guy in her life too and he was great to me.Said I am like any normal person and won't judge me at all.Her last two exes thought my part time crossdressing was sick and gross.

It's awesome being accepted for who you are.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

woke up at 3amand can’t get back to sleep.  It is cold out, 38. 

That happens a lot for me also. I don't know if it's the meds, age, or habit. I got up at 4 am for the past 35 years for work.

The solitude is kind of nice though. I miss the 1-1/2 + hours of quiet driving to work. Used to listen to old time radio shows.

Radio Classics on SiriusXM had shows like "Suspense" .

It's 43 degrees here this morn. Seems awful warm for this time of year.

• Forum Moderator

Up before the alarm, for a potty break. Figured it was pretty much pointless to go back to bed for less than a half hour. 31deg this am. with some white crap on the ground. Would be nice if it stayed, through tomorrow, doubt it though.

Appointments yesterday went good. Stopped by and got a nice xmas hug from my GYNs nurse. She is such a sweetheart, that made my day.

Everything the same here on the home front.

Everyone have a great Xmas eve day.

Hugs

Kymmie